Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #46
Busymom85
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed your trip report so far.

Nov. 1995 Fort Wilderness
Oct. 1997 Fort Wilderness
Dec. 2007 All Star Music
Sept. 2009 All Star Music

Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #47
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
...love the t-shirts!
What can I say, we are a DISgreen family. I'll never lose a kid in those shirts. We usually pick one day of our trip to wear them. I was so happy to find DH's birthday t-shirt the day before in the same color. It worked out perfectly.

Glad to have someone along to read the TR. It is always fun to "relive the magic".

Believe it or not, I am already planning our itinerary for our November/December WDW trip. I get to make our ADRs in August. DH and I will celebrate our 13th Wedding Anniversary while there. This will be the fourth year in a row celebrating our Anniversary at WDW. It helps that it is around Thanksgiving every year. WDW is always beautifully decorated for the holidays. You can't beat WDW around Christmas time. It's truly magical.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #48
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom85 View Post
Enjoyed your trip report so far.
Glad to have you along for the trip!

Even with the heat, crowds and occasional thunderstorms, we still had an amazing vacation. WDW is truly a place "Where Dreams Come True".

More magical memories to come ...

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 07-14-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #49
TheTXTaylors5

THURSDAY (June 25, 2009 ~ AKA DH's Birthday) Part 3

Test Track

When we approached Test Track it already had a stand-by time of 60 minutes at 11 AM. This was going to be a busy park today afterall. Good thing we had our trusty Birthday FastPasses. DH got into line for the TT FP machines, while the children and I took refuge in the shade. It was going to be another scorcher today. I also took some time to take pictures of the kids. DH met back up with us with FPs in hand. He got some TT FP for later with our regular park tickets and then got immediate FPs to ride with the Birthday FPs. So, we headed to the FP line for DS3's first ride on Test Track. I was surprised to see the FP line almost to the entrance door. Please don't tell me the ride is broken. It has a tendency to do that especially on hot day. After about five minutes of just standing in place, the line started to move. Phew! We were on our way.

Waiting in line for Test Track.

DS3 rode in the front with DH and DD6 while DS9 and I rode in the back with a person from the single rider line. DH does a great job of consoling DS3 and getting him to try new things. This ride was no different. The fast jerky turns inside freaked DS3 out a little. He did great in the testing rooms. That cooling room felt really good on a day like today. I wouldn't have minded being stuck in there. On a past trip, DD6 and I were stuck in the chemical room. That Vicks-type spray sure cleaned up my sinus cavity. When it was time to break through the doors and head outside, I could hear DD6 screaming "Yahoo!" I think we are in trouble when DD6 gets to her teen years. She loves the fast outside loop at the end of the ride. It sure feels allot fast than 60 mph. I wasn't sure how DS3 would like that part. When the ride came to a screaching jerky stop, I tried to glance up front and see DS3 reaction. DH said he did great and after the first initially break through the door, he saw what looked like a little smile on DS3 face. When walking to the exit DS3 said he loved it and wanted to ride again later. Good thing DH got the other FPs.

The family on Test Track. The expression on DD6's face is the reason we keep coming back to WDW. "Yahooooooo" - DD6

After the ride, the kids of course wanted to hop into the cars in the showroom. I remember as a kid pretending to drive my Dad's car when it was parked. Boy time goes by so quickly. Now, I am here with my own children doing the same thing.

The kids having fun in the showroom.

After Test Track, we decided to venture over to World Showcase and pick-up the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure Kimmunicator. Also, Future World was getting a little crowded at this time and we wanted to be ahead of the crowds.

We always take the "semi-secret" short cut from Test Track to WS. It is never crowded and always has empty restrooms on the way.

WORLD SHOWCASE

Norway Pavilion

We made our way to the Norway Pavilion and found the Kim Possible kiosk. However, we wanted to ride the Maelstrom first. It had a 5 minutes wait time posted. No need to waste our FPs on it. So, we hopped into a very short line.

Maelstrom

We only waited about two boats and then we were embarking our own Viking ship. DD6 and I got the back row. I was excited about this because the boat actually pokes out of a hole during the ride into the Norway Pavilion and I wanted to get a picture.

This is a boat ride through some scenes of Norway. Then, the boat starts going backwards through more scenes and then you are going up a hill backwards. When at the top of the hill, the boat is moved over by a troll and is now forward facing to go down a surprisingly fun drop. It wasn't scary. DD6 who freaked on Splash Mountain earlier in the week even liked it. The ride is pretty short, but a nice break from the Florida sun.

Views from outside the ride and inside the ride.

After the ride, you are dropped off into a little pretend village. For some reason we were stuck in there for a bit with all the other people getting off boats. There is a movie at the end of the ride inside another room. However, we must have just missed it and had to wait until the movie was over for the doors to open and let us through. So, I took some photos while waiting. Finally when the theatre doors opened, we walked right through with about 99% of the other guests. You don't have to stay and watch the movie.

Patiently waiting in the fishing village.

After the ride, we headed back over to the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure kiosk.

Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure

We handed the CM our earlier obtained FP. Then, the CM asked for one person's ticket. I assume that is to keep track on who has a Kimmunicator. Then, the CM gave the children a Kimmunicator (modifed mobile phone). We were ready to start our first mission. This is a really creative way to get the children involved in exploring the World Showcase. You are on a mission and the Kimmunicator gives you specific instructions on where to go within each country. Each country has a different mission. Our first mission was in Japan. Okay, we were in Norway. Who's the wiseguy that came up with that plan? It was on the other side of WS. We had on our walking shoes. So, off we went.

Getting the clues for our first KP mission.

We casually walked around WS. When we entered China we came across a lonely Mulan. The past few trips to Epcot, poor Mulan never had anyone waiting in line to meet her. So, it has become a tradition for DD6 to make her feel better and get a picture taken.

DD6 with Mulan.

The Outpost
We had to stop for an impromptu drum concert by DH, DD6 and DS3 at the Outpost area. We can never walk past those drums without someone in our family banging on them.

The Taylor Trio

Germany Pavilion

Entering Germany we came across Snow White with no line. So, I decided this would be a great family photo op. The boys were all a little hesitant. They're not into the princesses like DD6. But, they did it to make me happy.

Snow White with the family.

After visiting with Snow White, we browsed around Germany. The kids always love to stop and look at the trains. I like to just soak in the atmosphere.

Hanging out in Germany.

Continued in the next post ...
(I warned you this was going to be a longggggg day AND night. We pretty much came to WDW just for this one day. Everything else we accomplished on the other days was "extra" magic.)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 10-08-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #50
TheTXTaylors5

THURSDAY (June 25, 2009 ~ AKA DH's Birthday) Part 4

After Germany, we stopped in Italy so I could take some pictures of DH to document his birthday at Epcot. The kids cooled off for a bit on a bench under a shady tree. The humidity was getting to all of us by now and we hadn't even made it to Japan.

DH's Epcot Birthday Pictures (some are from the bridge near Mexico and some from Italy)

Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #51
dd50
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are all having a great time. What a nice way to spend a birthday.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #52
shellbelle
DIS Veteran

I am loving your trip report! Great details and lots of pics!!!
June 2009 to celebrate DD11s and my birthday at POLY, BEACH CLUB AND POR!!!
POP - July 2007
WL - Dec 2006 / ASMo - Dec 2006
CSR - May 2006 /AS Sp - May 2006
POP - Oct 2005 Birthday trip
POP - June 2004 Birthday trip
ASMU - Sept 1996
Hyatt - Aug 1992
Sheraton - July 1987 ( Honeymoon)

AUGUST 2007 BASKET WINNER FROM FERALPEG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #53
TheTXTaylors5

I will get working on the rest of the Trip Report soon. I just celebrated my birthday this past weekend. So, I wasn't online much this weekend.

More to come ...

Old 07-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #54
TheTXTaylors5

THURSDAY (June 25, 2009 ~ AKA DH's Birthday) Part 5

After relaxing in Italy for a bit, we pushed on and finally arrive in the Japan Pavilion.

Japan Pavilion

The children were ready to start their Kim Possible mission. DS9 pressed a button on the Kimmunicator to get things started. If you have never participated in the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure, I'll try and not spoil things for you. The Kimmunicator would tell us go to a certain area in the Pavilion, usually showing us a picture of our destination. Once there, you hit another button on the Kimmunicator and "something" happens. We did this about four or five times and finally we finished our mission. It had us going all around Japan and even inside some buildings, which was a nice relief from the heat.

On a "mission" in Japan.

We had never ventured too far into the Japan Pavilion in the past. So, it was fun exploring the stores and the displays. We spent a good ten minutes just watching all the fish in the koi pond. The children had a blast!

Koi Pond

After we completed our mission, we were all getting hungry. It was still too early for our Nine Dragons ADR. However, we decided to head to China and arrive early for our lunch ADR. We've never had a problem changing our ADRs at Nine Dragons. They never seem too busy. So, we headed back from the way we just came and arrived in China. As expected, we got right in.

Nine Dragons

We have yet to find a decent Chinese food restaurant at home. So, we always try and eat at least once at Nine Dragons on our WDW trips. Being DH's birthday, having one of his favorite meals was very fitting. The CM quickly seated us at a table not near the windows, but in view of the windows. So, we had a little view. Better than nothing. Another CM came to take our drink and food order. We order the same thing every trip, pot stickers for an appetizer and honey sesame chicken for our main entree. They are consistently good every trip. I was keeping my fingers crossed, we would get another great lunch.

Our Meal
Appetizer: Pot Stickers ~ Sauteed pork and veggie dumplings served with cilantro-soy dipping sauce. $6.98
Adult Entrees: Honey-Sesame Chicken ~ Tempura chicken tossed in a mildly sweet honey sauce topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds served with steamed white rice and cucumber salad. $16.98
Child Meals: Sweet and sour chicken (sauce on the side) served with white steamed rice, fresh baby carrots and steamed broccoli. $7.68
Pound Cake (gratis)

Pot Stickers and Honey Sesame Chicken (I finally remembered to take some food pictures.)

When the pot stickers came out, they looked perfect. Looks were NOT deceiving. They were delicious as usual. With our family of five and everyone liking pot stickers (even DS3), we usually get two orders. They were devoured in minutes. We waited a little bit for our main course. The restaurant wasn't too busy. So, I don't know why we waited so long. However, we were not complaining. It had started to sprinkle a little outside at this time. A little Florida afternoon shower. So, we wanted to be inside for as long a possible. When our entrees finally arrived, they were worth the wait. The chicken was crispy with the mildly sweet honey sauce. It was heaven on a plate. Yum! Yum!

I noted on ALL our ADRs that we were celebrating DH's birthday. After our plates were cleared, our server came over with some other servers with a piece of cake with a candle on it. They sang "Happy Birthday" to DH in Cantonese. One birthday song down, two more to go. Our server presented DH with a birthday card written in Chinese. He loved that!

DH and his complimentary birthday piece of cake.

Somewhere after eating chicken and before the birthday cake, DS3 fell asleep at the table. He never does this. He had already done a lot of walking that morning. He wanted nothing to do with his stroller. I was fine with that. So with the heat and all the walking, he was worn out. After paying the check, DH carried DS3 out of the restaurant and into his stroller. DS3 was still soundly asleep.

DS3 catching some zzzz's at lunch.

The family enjoying a great lunch at Nine Dragons.

After a very filling and yummy lunch and with a sleeping DS3 in his stroller, we decided to take it easy and casually walked around the Norway Pavilion. When we were there earlier in the day, we just hopped onto the Maelstrom and didn't explore too much.

Norway Pavilion

We still had the Kim Possible Kimmunicator. So, DS9 and DD6 wanted to do another mission while there. It was fun and even though the Norway Pavilion is fairly small, we were directed to every square inch of that area through our mission. As part of our mission, we were instructed to enter the chapel. On numerous past trips, we just walked past the chapel. That is a great thing about the Kim Possible missions, they take you all through the Pavilions and into places you might otherwise overlook.

The sites of Norway.

One place I have no desire to eat lunch at is Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. While on our Norway Kim Possible Mission, we had to go into the courtyard in front of the restaurant and the entrance to the Maelstrom. There were way too many people waiting to eat at Akershus. It looked like a madhouse. No thank you! We may try it for breakfast one trip, but lunch is definitely out.

I seem to remember a few year ago that Norway had this huge Viking ship as part of their Pavilion. All that we could find was the front end of what use to be a Viking ship. I am surprised they are now downplaying such a great visually appealing display.

What's left of the Viking Ship.

After we completed our mission, we decided to head out of World Showcase. It was getting pretty congested and like previously stated, we wanted to be "ahead" of the crowds. When we rode Maelstrom earlier, it was pretty much almost walk-on (5 minutes posted wait time). Now, the posted wait time was 20 minutes. Yes, it was time to get out of World Showcase.

DH in front of Maelstrom. Maelstrom getting busier.

Reluctantly, the children returned the Kim Possible Kimmunicator to a CM at the Norway kiosk. Then, we decided to venture over to the Imagination Pavilion. In all our Epcot visits, we had never made it over to see what was inside those glass buildings. Finally, our curiousity would be answered.

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 10-08-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #55
dd50
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great time. That was a cute picture of your son passed out. It was probably because his body relaxed. I am just hoping that it doesn't happen to me. We don't usually do TS and if I sit to long I may pass out also.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #56
TheTXTaylors5

THURSDAY (June 25, 2009 ~ AKA DH's Birthday) Part 6

IMAGINATION PAVILION

Journey Into Imagination with Figment

When we arrived at the building for Journey Into Imagination with Figment DS3 was still asleep. However, we couldn't bring the stroller inside the building. So, we sat for a minute contemplating whether to wake-up DS3 or do something else. With a babysitter coming later to watch the kids and DS3 doesn't normally take a mid-day nap, we woke him up. DH carried him through most of the queue until DS3 was fully awake to walk on his own.

Once through the queue, you load onto a tram-type vehicle. You are connected to about a dozen other cars. The ride takes you through different scenes that are suppose to wake-up your senses. There is one scene and for some reason they chose a skunk odor to demonstrate your sense of smell. Why couldn't they have chosen a flower or chocolate. It stunk! Yuck! The ride kept the children entertained with Figment popping up in the different scenes and there's a song that is played throughout all the scenes, One Little Spark. This is a ride I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never rode again. I felt it could have been presented better and didn't have the normal "wow" factor I expect from a Disney ride. Just my humble opinion. However, all our children liked it. So, I assume we will be riding it again in the future. The things we do for our children.

The kids all gave it a thumbs-up.

When we exited the ride, it lets you out at ImagineWorks. It's an interactive area with music and we even got to send a wacky picture home through email. However, we have been home for more than two weeks and the picture has yet to arrive, via email. I'll keep checking.

After exploring in ImagineWorks for about thirty minutes, we walked next door to the entrance of Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

As one of the movies for the roadtrip portion of our Disney Adventure, I rented Honey, I Shrunk the Kids for the car dvd player. The kids watched the movie on our way to WDW. Now that they have seen the movie, they were pretty anxious to experience this attraction/3-D movie.

We waiting in the pre-show room for about ten minutes with about a hundred other guests. It was starting to fill-up in there. Numerous times an announcement came over the loudspeakers that this attraction may frighten younger children. With them announcing it that many times, I started to get worried about DS3 and DD6. So, when we entered the theatre, we stayed closer to the back of the theatre, in case we had to make a speedy exit.

Once the show started, like in It's Tought to be a Bug!, DD6 started to freak out. She didn't like the special effects with the noise and things blowing in her face. Once again, DS3 was fine. So, I quietly ushered DD6 out of the theatre as to not disturb the other guests. She is so fickle at times. She has ridden Expedition Everest (A mode) and Space Mountain in the past with no problems. But, she has problems with the 4-D movies. I can't figure it out.

DD6 and I waited in the cool A/C of the exit area until the movie was almost over and then we went outside to get DS3's stroller. While waiting for the boys outside, DD6 had fun playing in the jumping water that goes from fountain to fountain out front of the building.

DD6 hanging out by the jumping water fountains.

The boys came out with big smiles on their faces. They said the movie and special effects were great. But, it was too short. They weren't in there for more than ten minutes after we exited the theatre.

At this time, DH headed over to The Land to pick-up our FastPasses for Soarin' for later. I "slowly" walked with the children to the entrance of Test Track to wait for him. We planned on one last family ride of Test Track before heading back to the room for some birthday cake.

Test Track (take 2)
By this time, it was around 4:30 PM. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a 140 minutes stand-by wait time for Test Track. I had to take a picture.

140 minutes stand by, are you crazy?!?!?!?!

Thanks to our handy earlier obtained FastPasses, we hopped into a VERY short FP line. With curiousity, I looked over to the stand by line and wondered what crazy person would stand in a line for over two hours for a five minute ride. It baffled me. But, people were patiently over there waiting. Of course when we got to the front of the FP line, the people at the front of the stand by line were giving us the "evil eye". Get FastPasses you silly people!!!!! Also, when going into the pre-show room, those same stand-by line people pushed their way past us to get out of the exit door into the ride queue area. They weren't in a hurry for the past hour, but somehow were surely not going to let us FP people get in front of them again.

That is something I noticed a lot on this trip, we encountered numerous rude and inconsiderate guests who obviously had never been to WDW before. WDW is NOT Six Flags and some guests obviously missed the sign at the entrance. Don't they know the "Disney Way"? Leave all your troubles and bickering at the door and enter for some good family fun. Never in my life had I seen so many adults yelling and screaming at kids and each other with no regard to the people around them. It was honestly embarrassing to watch at times. I will say (or rather write) it again, WE WILL NEVER VISIT WDW IN THE SUMMER AGAIN!!! It had a totally different cliente than we had seen on past trips. That it not meant to be a slam on anyone. But, it was noticeably different.

At least the CMs were in full swing with kindness and courtesy this trip. From the great CM at check-in that was willing to pull some strings to get us a better room to ALL the CMs at our sit-down meals who were very attentive and friendly (The best is yet to come at dinner this evening. The best service ever!!!). There's a great batch of CMs at WDW right now. I assume with all the layoffs, they really want to keep their jobs and are putting forth a little extra pixie dust to the guests. Unlike some CMs we encounted last year, who obviously skipped the customer service class. Great hospitality this trip!

We had another great ride on Test Track. DS3 has now proclaimed Test Track to be his favorite ride at WDW.

After Test Track, we decided to head out of the park. There were people everywhere and I was missing my semi-empty parks during the off-season. Yes, we had been spoiled. We had a little less pep in our step from this morning as we made our way to the SSR bus stop which was on the farthest side from the entrance. That was a longggg walk after being in the park all morning and afternoon. We waited what seemed like forever for a bus to come. It was probably only 10/15 minutes. But, in the heat and being tired, it felt like an hour. Could it hurt them to put some benches near the bus depot? We were on our way back to the comforts and A/C of our SSR room. There was a birthday cake waiting with DH's name on it!

DH's Birthday Cake made with love by DD6.

Coming Up: Birthday cake and presents, dinner just the two of us at Tutto Italia and riding Soarin' TWICE in the top row! (and getting stuck in a downpour!)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 07-23-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #57
dd50
DIS Veteran

You find rude people every where. Some of them aren't smart enough to go rest because they want to see it all. Me, I would rather be in a better frame of mind and miss a thing or two. Sounds like you got a lot done tho.

It is so hot in the summer and that does take your energy. I live in FL and it zaps me, but I know enough to stop before I get crazy and cranky (I hope).
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #58
karenwwu
I only work so I can go on vacation...

Great report...thank you for sharing...

I'm a lurker but am coming out to say hi and thanks. You've been doing an incredible job with writing and posting good pictures. I espcially enjoyed seeing your DS6 make the cake in the kitchen. Also, happy belated birthday to you as well. You are really a thoughtful wife and mom with all that you did to make it so special for DH...okay, back into lurking.

Me Ben Molly Peter
Old 07-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #59
TheTXTaylors5

Thank you lurkers for coming out of the woodwork. It is nice to know there are people out there actually reading this Trip Report. I was beginning to wonder ...

It has been fun reliving our week at WDW. I find it to be therapeutic to get me over the "high" of being at WDW. The following week home is always a let down and we are ALL missing our beloved WDW.

More to come ...

Old 07-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #60
TheTXTaylors5

THURSDAY (June 25, 2009 ~ AKA DH's Birthday) Part 7

We arrive back at our room around 5:15 PM. We had the babysitter from Kid's Nite Out coming at 6 PM. So, we needed to get the show on the road with the cake, presents and getting refreshed for dinner.

DD6 patiently waiting for the birthday festivites to begin.

DD6's masterpiece.

DD6 and I finished putting on the final touches on the cake, candles and Mickey-head lollipops (DD6's idea. She found them at Goofy's Candy Company the other day). Then we called the boys to the table. We sang the normal "Happy Birthday" song (two down, one more to go.). While I plated up the cake, DH opened his presents.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Daddy, Happy Birthday to you."

The children enjoying the cake. (I didn't realize how hungry they were until they started devouring the cake.)

Since this was a milestone birthday for DH, I wanted to go BIG with his presents. Yes, I know we are at WDW for his birthday and that should be enough. But we visit WDW so often, I wanted to give DH a little extra pixie dust on "his" special day.

DH with a birthday card from the children.

His first present was from the children. DH lifted a heavy box and commented if it had a brick in it. Little did he know, it DID have a brick in it. We live near Dallas-Fort Worth. The Dallas Cowboys just built a brand new stadium in Arlington, Texas. Part of the building process, they offered the fans a chance to purchase a paver to be placed outside the stadium. Kind of like they did at the Magic Kingdom. DH is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. He was born and raised in Texas. So, I thought it only fitting to buy him one of the pavers as a birthday present. They sent a replica of the paver with the inscription and a certificate from Jerry Jones (Owner/GM of the Dallas Cowboys).

DH's paver reads:

#1 Cowboys fan
UR #1 in my heart
Happy BDay Bill!

The paver.

As you can imagine, he loved this present. He commented that he didn't even know they offered them. Good thing I sometimes listen to his sports talk radio when he leaves it on in my minivan. I was so happy to surprise DH. He is a very hard man to surprise. He always figures out my plans or presents. One present down, one to go.

DH's other present is actually something I get to benefit from too. I was listening to a DIS Unplugged Podcast when they mentioned an upcoming Adventure by Disney California Tour only for DISboards members. It was going to be offered by Dream Unlimited and some of the Podcast folks would be on the trip too. I went back and forth not sure if I wanted to obligate so much of DH's money without his prior knowledge or approval. I am a SAHM and he is the breadwinner. With the wince of my eyes, I clicked submit and signed us up for the trip. So, I booked just DH and myself on the California Tour. It will be our first trip ever without the kids. I presented this present to DH with a card that read ... Are you ready for an Adventure of a lifetime? Inside the card, I had printed up the trip itinerary. I could't have planned DH's reaction any better. At first he had a look of ... Are you kidding? Then, he looked so happy and excited. Score two for me. I surprised him yet again!!!

DH's reaction to his present ...

Are you serious?

I want to go now!

DIS Unplugged ABD California Backstage Magic Tour
April 13, 2010

ITINERARY
Day 1:
Arrive in Los Angeles
The Renaissance Hollywood Hotel
Welcome Dinner at Trastevere Ristorante

Day 2:
Behind the Scenes at The El Capitan Theatre
Backstage at Jimmy Kimmel Live
The Jim Henson Company Studio Tour and Lunch
The Stars of Hollywood

Day 3:
Walt Disney Imagineering
Walt Disney Studios
Drive to Disneyland® Resort
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa.
Welcome Reception at the Wine Cellar and Hook's Pointe
Evening at Disneyland® Park

Day 4:
Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn
VIP Custom Tour of Disneyland® Park
Lunch at Café Orleans
Afternoon and Evening in Disneyland® Resort
Privately guided VIP tour to Walt Disney's Apartment.

Day 5:
Character Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen
Privately Guided VIP experience of Disney's California Adventure™ Park
Lunch and Afternoon On Your Own at the Disneyland® Resort
Farewell Dinner and Surprise

Day 6:
Character Breakfast at Storytellers Café
Transfer to the Airport

This will definitely be a once in a lifetime trip!

After finishing up our cake and cleaning up a bit. The sitter arrived to watch the children in our room. This was our fourth time using the Kid's Nite Out service. They send a person to watch the children in your room or if you allow, they can take the kids around the resort. But, no water activities like swimming or baths are allowed. We've had some great sitters in the past and we usually come back to the room with three sleeping children in bed. So, we were not worried to leave the children for the evening. They were in good hands.

We waved good bye to the children and hopped into our minivan. We decided to drive to Epcot this evening. There was one thing the sitter said to me as we were closing the door to the room, "It is suppose to storm this evening." Those words will echo in my mind later this evening ...

Coming Up: Dinner at Tutto Italia and riding Soarin' alone with DH for the first time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: