Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #1741
ampc3
DIS Veteran

love the update! and the family picture of you all is great!!!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #1742
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

great day so far at AK--loved the Pocahontas' area--I haven't been there
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #1743
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So we left off with two tired kids (Luke and Emily), a brave Hannah and four adults. This is where DH won a medal! He said he would take Luke back to the room for a nap/cool off! There was no arguing on my part, so I sent him with a bottle and pacifer and room key- nothing else and off they walked. Even a stroller would have been too hard. So Hannah and my dad rode Everest again... I tried to get a picture but it did not take them long enough, I missed them. We grabbed two FPs incase we wanted a ride later...

Our next stop was Kali River Rapids. We had six FPs but my dad did not want to ride. I was ready to cool off, so my mom and I took the girls. Emily was quiet, it was her first big ride, she was over 38 inches. After she rode it she said we got wet, but wanted to go again. The kind CM gave me an extra FPs so I could take the girls (we were short one) and we rode again. I had wrapped a poncho around my shorts, so that kept me a bit dry...

The girls played in the wet area for a few moments, and then we got 4 frozen lemonade slushies (we had a ton of these) and headed to find a spot to watch the parade! I was super excited as were the girls.

We found a spot across from Pizzasafari and then I took the girls in to their bathroom to put on some dry clothes. Then it was parade time!

What an awesome parade. I am so thrilled we made it. We had two FPs that we had gotten for EE but the return time was not until 5:30, so we gave those away to the newlyweds we were sitting by for the parade. They had not rode it yet...

I really wanted to see this parade, and it did not let me down at all! We were ready to go... I would love to have stayed and explored some more, but I knew that everyone was tired. So while we did not get to do the Trails we did accomplish two biggies... Nemo and the Parade!

So we headed out... there were not many people exiting,which was nice. The bus arrived quickly and we were back to CSR after a brief run through at Blizzard Beach.

DH, the girls and my parents all were pool bound. Luke was sleeping, so I waited with him, thinking I would call the Lost and Found center to check on my bag. Just as I was getting a CM to describe my stuff I looked at our Mac Stroller in the corner... it had been in my parents car, and when we unloaded it we stuffed it there... and I saw it! THE ZIPLOCK BAG with all my stuff (the fan, mugs, sunscreen, TGM info book, formula dispenser-everything). STUPID ME! I was glad to have found the stuff, even though there was nothing that impt!

Once Luke woke up we met everyone at the pool! What a beautiful pool area! It was fun to splash around in, and once again Emily braved the slide... she was a pro!

We swam for an hour or so before deciding to head to the Pepper Market for dinner. The Pepper Market is certainly different. They seat you at a table, then give you papers to take up with your order. We received a drink, our entree and dessert. We did get our desserts after eating, and then you check out and pay at the end. We did not have any issues about the tip there. On this night I did not go up at all... I fed Luke and managed the girls, who colored away until their food arrived. I had the fajitas, they were great, and later had a chocolate cake that Hannah ate. The best dessert seemed to be the ice cream and apple pie that DH and my mom had!

We then roamed around the gift shop, filled our mugs and headed back to get ready for MK! Everyone went to bed pretty good and earlier because tomorrow was MK day!

This was a better day than I expected. In terms of the heat, it was probably the coolest day weather wise that we had, which was fantastic for being at AK- the hot park. Our meals were good, our snacks refreshing, and the kids were good.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #1744
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

My parents LOVE the Pepper Market. The best thing is on the dinning plan it counted as a Counter Service. But the food seems more like a Table Service!

I really wanna try out that pool! How cool are those stairs!

-nat
Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #1745
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful ending to your AK day. DH gets the prize for taking Luke back to the room. Yay!

I love Hannah's pose at the pool, super cute, she looks like a little Diva.

The set up of Pepper Market seems really weird.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #1746
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=IluvXU;32693477]

Quote:
I just love Hannah's pose in this one!

So glad the ziplock turned up, even though it wasn't important, it surely was a relief to have found it.

Sounds like you had a great day! Can't wait to read all about MK!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #1747
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! I'm all caught up! We were gone for a long weekend in Dallas and I've missed so much! I loved your Epcot and AK pics!! You lucked up in the UK getting Mary Poppins, Alice, AND Pooh and friends. When we were there it was only Pooh and friends. That's awful about your wet bags!! But glad you found your lost one! AK looked like a great day! We just loved the Nemo show when we went! And where was that section where you met Pocahontas? We met her at Camp Minnie Mickey--but that was the day it rained 11 inches. We missed a lot of that park. The parade looks really cute, too! They canceled it the day we were there. Great updates! Can't wait for more!!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1748
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

so glad you got to see the parade!!!
You mentrioned how well your kids behave at the same time I was thinking that--you have some awesome children who take great pictures
Old 07-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #1749
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Great update Laura! Thos esunglasses Emily had on are SO CUTE, I love them!!! Geez, I can't stand it when parents don't follow through on threats, it is no wonder they didn't listen, they knew there would be no consequences! Glad you got to see the show though! Your family picture in front of the tree is so cute!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #1750
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a great afternoon! I so want to see this parade, maybe Rob will take B. back to the hotel. A girl can dream.

Love Hannah's pose in the pool picture. Em is a champ w/the slides too. She needs to have a little talk with A. about pools and slides.

I'm so glad your bag was just misplaced and not lost. Like you said, not the end of the world, but still nice to have all of those things.

Yeah for MK!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #1751
Happydog
DIS Veteran

This was certainly a great ending to a great day!! Glad your bag was "found" and that the afternoon went well at the pool and dinner! Love those lemonage slushies, too!!! We had our fair share in the heat!!!! Your little girls are soooooooooo cute

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #1752
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Then it was parade time!

What an awesome parade. I am so thrilled we made it.

I really wanted to see this parade, and it did not let me down at all! We were ready to go... I would love to have stayed and explored some more, but I knew that everyone was tired. So while we did not get to do the Trails we did accomplish two biggies... Nemo and the Parade!

I'm so glad you liked the parade! I think it's an awesome one - great music, fun characters, and those amazing, gigantic 'puppets'!

Look at Miss Hannah with her posing. Too cute!

Glad you found the missing bag. I hate to lose things!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #1753
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Love the parade pictures! THe CSR pool looks awesome!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #1754
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
when i first glanced at this picture i thought emily was holding a cigarette!!! then i realized it was the paper straw from the frozen lemonade.

so glad you got to see the parade! it's such a great little show. i love the music and it's so different from the other parades at WDW.

Quote:
look at hannah posing!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #1755
stace208
DIS Veteran

What a great AK day! Hannah was so brave to ride EE!

I love your parade photos. We have yet to see this and I am determined to see it next year!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: