Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #76
RoyalVizier
I'm sorry... I'm a gutless flip-flopper
No wonder I never get my wife flowers... they're so complicated
My favorite spot is right in front of Italy
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnutz View Post
You would be a great Samantha Brown!! loving the report!!!
You know, I think you're right! I mean... there is definitely a resemblance there:

(But I have something much much better on my plate than she does!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetnmike View Post
Your commentary is easily as entertaining as hers is though RV! Have you ever seen Samantha's Disney shows? They are great!
She has one of the best jobs EVER!

(note to the Ollie merchandising team- Ollie shaped nightlights for dark staterooms- they will sell like hotcakes!)
Yes, I am an avid watcher of the Travel Channel and have probably seen every Disney show known to humankind. Striving to be Samantha Brown when you grow up isn't a bad thing.

As for the nightlight... I'll send an interoffice memo over to Merchandising and they can get right on it. Just what we need... little Ollie's head to glow. OlliesMomma would probably say it's his little halo because he's an angel straight from heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I realized this on our last cruise. Then they shut down the machines on me. I think I was black listed

What?! Do cruise ships have those emergency brake cords that passengers can pull like they do on buses, because running out of ice cream or the ice cream machines breaking is more than enough reason to turn around and return to the nearest port!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
You know those staterooms are very dark...but i learn early on to bring a night light. I put it in the bathroom so you don't have to hurt your eyes and wake anyone up when you go in the middle of the night.
We packed a nightlight, but it was one that we purchased at WalMart for $1.88. It had the teeniest tiniest LED light in it, and when we plugged it in in the stateroom bathroom it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
I wish you would have shared that logo idea with me on the ship....I would have so done that!! Because of this idea I now have to book another trip just to take that shot!!
Or you could just clear all of the furniture out of your main living or family room and paint it onto your floor and get the photo that way!
March 17th, 2007 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic -Trip Report
June 20th, 2009 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic - Trip Report
November 28th, 2010 - 4 Night Cruise Aboard the Disney Wonder
February 12, 2011 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Magic
November 15th, 2014 - 7 Night Eastern Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Upcoming Sailings:
November 14th, 2015 - 7 Night Western Cruise Aboard the Disney Fantasy
RoyalVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #77
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

the resemblance is uncanny
do they have that logo on the Wonder? I have this bizarre urge to try out that photo op in Nov...

Last edited by anetnmike; 07-09-2009 at 09:30 PM.
anetnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #78
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
do they have that logo on the Wonder? I have this bizarre urge to try out that photo op in Nov...
Jeesh... now there is probably going to be a rash of accidents on the Magic and Wonder. People inexplicably laying down on the floor in the hallway to the Walt Disney Theater and getting stepped upon and kicked all because of me.

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 AM   #79
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

We want flip flop photo!
We want flip flop photo!
We want flip flop photo!

DH dis'd my idea for the clock again. After this cruise, he finally agreed we need it.

Bathroom nightlights are a curse. Either the LED is NOT bright enough, as you found & I found out this cruise. Or the bulbs bust in the suitcase despite bubble wrap or bust when DSs take them out in the daytime. DCL needs a nighlight system or a dimmer switch. Stepping up in the dark abyss is . I could've broke my toe then--lucky that I waited until after all the cruise, my parading, Bingo shifts, festival cleaning shifts, etc.

RV--What are you eating?? DS was brought that by our server w/o asking & it was delicious. Was it on the menu or were you & he just getting the star treatment?????

P.S. Great photos! You guys do not look old enough to have a teenage daughter (this coming from the woman whose DS is 12 ) Is Ollie the secret to your youthful luster?? Is it like the Dapplebean's coat? Does his silkiness rub off on you guys?

Can't wait to read more.....
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #80
anetnmike

I second the flip flop motion!
We don't want Olliesmama's fine pedi skills to be wasted do we?
Hey, I noticed you added an upcoming trip-congrats!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #81
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary View Post
We want flip flop photo!
We want flip flop photo!
We want flip flop photo!

DH dis'd my idea for the clock again. After this cruise, he finally agreed we need it.

Bathroom nightlights are a curse. Either the LED is NOT bright enough, as you found & I found out this cruise. Or the bulbs bust in the suitcase despite bubble wrap or bust when DSs take them out in the daytime. DCL needs a nighlight system or a dimmer switch. Stepping up in the dark abyss is . I could've broke my toe then--lucky that I waited until after all the cruise, my parading, Bingo shifts, festival cleaning shifts, etc.

RV--What are you eating?? DS was brought that by our server w/o asking & it was delicious. Was it on the menu or were you & he just getting the star treatment?????

P.S. Great photos! You guys do not look old enough to have a teenage daughter (this coming from the woman whose DS is 12 ) Is Ollie the secret to your youthful luster?? Is it like the Dapplebean's coat? Does his silkiness rub off on you guys?

Can't wait to read more.....

I think Matthew got a shot of the flip flops at the DIS meet....Matthew? Where's that pic? We're all waiting. I was one of the lucky ones... I got to witness this in person with my own little eyes!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #82
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Or you could just clear all of the furniture out of your main living or family room and paint it onto your floor and get the photo that way! [/QUOTE]

Ohhh...that's an idea! But it's not quite the same as being on the ship...besides my kids will think I've lose it!!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #83
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
(note to the Ollie merchandising team- Ollie shaped nightlights for dark staterooms- they will sell like hotcakes!)
I've received a mock-up back from my merchandising team... what do you think?

Quote:
That is the super moist and decadent Grand Marnier Souffle smothered in vanilla bean sauce, which Jozsef is pouring rather dramatically and majestically for me. The aroma of the exquisite stream of sauce that was coating that fluffy souffle cloud was like a costa rican waterfall of heaven and was making me delirious with need. (description overdone?)

It was almost... almost... as good as Palo's chocolate souffle. Almost.

Quote:
Ollie is a factor, yes, but I can attribute my young skin and youthful appearance to a healthy dose of Moose Tracks ice cream weekly. I've found it's not only good to consume, but it's also good for the skin. A few dabs of melted vanilla on each cheek ( face, that is ), some Moose Tracks fudge lathered over the forehead and base of neck, and those Moose Tracks peanut butter cups covering each eye twice a week and... like a baby's butt!

Oh dear... I think I've officially cracked.

Quote:
Hey, I noticed you added an upcoming trip-congrats!!!
Wow, aren't you the observant one... yes, I did. It's but a mere thought at the moment. I pretty solid thought that is gaining momentum by the hour, but still just a thought.

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #84
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

nightlight idea - pop a couple glow sticks and lay 'em on the floor along the edge - not bright enough to annoy, but still bright enough to find your way. One strategically located on the loo, too, perhaps?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #85
anetnmike

LOVE the night light!
It is going to be a huge bestseller. It makes Ollie look like an angel with a heavenly glow. Practical and irresistable!
ALthough, Lindababe has a good idea too-light the way, like on an airplane,straight to the potty! ( and for the boys- a light for the target!)
Thanks for clarifying which cheeks you have your MooseTrax on. If some of us ate that much we'd be wearing it on the other ones
Your powers of description truly put us in awe RV. That is why we love your trippie so much and can't wait to read every last word "aroma like a costarican waterfall..." I almost fell off my chair while I was inhaling just imagining the smell...

Last edited by anetnmike; 07-10-2009 at 10:17 PM.
anetnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #86
LovableGluttons
See Ya REAL Soon!

Have a fresh cup of coffee in hand, sat down to catch up, and I'm ready for more now.

RV?

Well?

We want more!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #87
RoyalVizier
So Bleahlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
nightlight idea - pop a couple glow sticks and lay 'em on the floor along the edge - not bright enough to annoy, but still bright enough to find your way. One strategically located on the loo, too, perhaps?
Hmmm... interesting idea. And the teens have a glow jam party on one night of the cruise so the glow sticks could serve a dual purpose. Lead the way and then a little extra illumination to wear to the party. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovableGluttons View Post
Have a fresh cup of coffee in hand, sat down to catch up, and I'm ready for more now.

RV?

Well?

We want more!
I'm trying! I'm trying!

Upcoming Sailings:
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #88
DVC Mary

Moosetracks?! I've been eating it all along. No one told me I was supposed to rub it to my face. Can I sue the makers for not putting that clearly on the direction label?

I love the light up stick on floor idea. execept.....

Have you ever had one of those things break? We have & it can get everywhere quickly. Flicks of stains all around you. Maybe those of you w/ girls can't relate.

I have 2 DSs. My BFF has 4 DSs (ages 6-12). My other BFF has 2 DSs & 1 DD who will never have to worry in h.s.

If it can be broken, cause a spill, a leak, a stain, etc. it has happened & usually multiple times.

We are also Cub Scout & Boy Scout leaders. DH & Liam left for 1 week of camping at 8 am. Yougest DS has already started misbehaving b/c he misses them, his friend across the st is on vacation, & his other BFF is on vacation. Yes, he's stuck w/ me.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
Old 07-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #89
DVC Mary

[QUOTE=RoyalVizier;32654230]I've received a mock-up back from my merchandising team... what do you think?

Ok, I've got to confess. I love Ollie, but he might scare the bejesus out of me at night. I'm easily disoriented at night. Could we have his whole body & not just his head? I can imagine myself going back to sleep dreaming of only Ollie's head.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #90
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Where are you Royal Visor??????
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: