Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #1711
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

All you DVC people are KILLING me. I want to start planning trips through 2012 too! Oh well...someday.

I think all of your plans sound wonderful! You have more willpower than I do though because there is NO way I could go to Disney and not go to the parks.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #1712
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Enjoying the trip report so far. The pics of the girls in their princess dresses are adorable. And Luke is a handsome little guy.

I think the Vero Beach vacation sounds really nice. It looks like a beautiful resort plus I think I read that they have lots of activities for the kids like campfires and bike riding.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #1713
stace208
DIS Veteran

You got to see so many wonderful characters in Epcot! We were character challenged this trip and didn't see many at all.

Great pictures of everyone-a very beautiful family you have!

Vero Beach does look amazing. I think any way that you use your points, if your family is having a great time, it is worth it.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #1714
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I think your plans sound wonderful! I love the idea of just staying at a nice resort and ENJOYING it. Not having to rush around and get to different places. Sounds divine.

I have looked into Vero Beach before and it looks so nice. We want to do a beach trip somewhere, probably next summer and just relax.

You lucky DVC girl getting to plan out your vacations for years to come!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #1715
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
How wonderful! I think that would really be the best part of DVC - knowing that you WOULD be going back multiple times. Of course, the accomodations are a perk, too. We're actually looking at OKW for our large family vacation next summer now, even though we're not DVC (with more people to split the rooms with, it's not as expensive). I'd like to try Vero Beach at some point. And I'd LOVE to let my kids explore Stormalong Bay at BCV someday. Have fun with all of the planning!
I think the all the options are super fun to consider. I think OKW would be great, their rooms are bigger, and the studios have two queen beds.... that might be a place we stay soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I would love to see you get BCV for the start of your trip, Cape May breakfast would be lots of fun to do! As you know I do have ulterior motives.... IF you were at BC a one day ticket to Epcot would be very nice, as you know, it's a great place to hook up with princesses! Then there is storm along bay, Em and Luke would love that sand and Hannah would have a great time in the lazy river and whirlpool! The slide is so much fun too!
OK, so much for my unbiased opinion..
BC is first choice for next year... I would love to go to Cape May for Breakfast, we have never done that before... and it would be fun if we could get there before you leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Your future plans sound great! Very nice options. I have seen lots of photos for Vero Beach, does look really pretty! RELAXING.....

We got APs this year, b/c we had already committed to two trips, and then when DH moved dates, he agreed to three... with the DVC it seems a good plan to get the APs, you get a discount I think? And with a family, after the 2nd trip they have paid for themselves.. so you gotta do three to really take advantage of the "free"

Good luck with whatever your plans are!!! I am sure they will be great! Looking forward to your next TR installment

Hope your adult evening was fun!!
I figure maybe we could spring for a non DVC resort trip using an AP discount.. or tack some nights on that way. We would get a DVC discount on the passes, which would be super nice too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your plans sound so nice!!! I was day dreaming of a Vero Beach trip yesterday. I haven't a clue what they offer, but just the simplicity of a "beach trip" is very appealing.

We bought APs in January this year because we knew we'd be back in December.

And lookee here...we are going in January too! APs, and a "free child" are wonderful trip enablers.

I wasn't sure if a child under 3 counts toward occupancy. It is very good to read they don't. I have some possible plans stewing and the fact that Henry is under 3 and doesn't count helps a ton!
Under three is a great deal. We certainly took advantage of that with the girls... and probably Luke too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
All you DVC people are KILLING me. I want to start planning trips through 2012 too! Oh well...someday.

I think all of your plans sound wonderful! You have more willpower than I do though because there is NO way I could go to Disney and not go to the parks.

I want a fall trip though LL, or a Flower and Garden trip, but alas being a teacher that is not in the cards currently! I am okay skipping the parks one trip (knowing we are headed back the next year for a longer park trip- ha ha!) There is a lot of Disney magic I can enjoy not going to the parks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Enjoying the trip report so far. The pics of the girls in their princess dresses are adorable. And Luke is a handsome little guy.

I think the Vero Beach vacation sounds really nice. It looks like a beautiful resort plus I think I read that they have lots of activities for the kids like campfires and bike riding.
I just read they have a pirate character dinner... that sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
You got to see so many wonderful characters in Epcot! We were character challenged this trip and didn't see many at all.

Great pictures of everyone-a very beautiful family you have!

Vero Beach does look amazing. I think any way that you use your points, if your family is having a great time, it is worth it.
I think we saw a ton of characters this trip too... we got lucky!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #1716
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Right now, I think a couple of days at Beach Club with nothing to do but enjoy the resort, smell the lobby, enjoy SAB, share a No Way Jose, have a clam bake at Cape May Cafe and sit on the beach with a campfire, smores and a movie under the stars sounds wonderful. Can you tell I miss the Beach Club?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #1717
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Right now, I think a couple of days at Beach Club with nothing to do but enjoy the resort, smell the lobby, enjoy SAB, share a No Way Jose, have a clam bake at Cape May Cafe and sit on the beach with a campfire, smores and a movie under the stars sounds wonderful. Can you tell I miss the Beach Club?
Ditto!

Old 07-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #1718
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Day, Friday June 19th!

I was super excited to be going back to Animal Kingdom. I had high hope for all the things we had not done before, and hopefully we would have a great day! Since the unpacking soggy luggage took forever, we moved our departure time back to about 8:15. Everyone got up, dressed and ready to go, ahead a few minutes of our target departure time. We loved the quick walk down our building to the bus stop- it was a great location for us!

We watched a few buses for HS and EPCOT come by, but I was not worried, I knew we were super close to AK. We arrived about quarter till, and made our way through bag check (I was their worst nightmare--- two backpacks, a small collapsable cooler, yikes) and through tickets. I decided that we would try to have our tickets put on our keys to the World card later that day... the paper tickets acted up in the FP machines!

We could barely see the opening show, in fact probably only the adults could see Mickey so far up and away. I played it cool though, I did not want the girls to be mad they "missed" something. DH started to skirt up through the people to get in the stampede for Expedition Everest.... we were headed to Dinoland!

Our first ride of the day was Triceratop Spin....

and my partner... he was not sure what this was going to be like!

just as we got off... DH met us, so he went on with the girls and my mom for a second ride....

watching his sisters.... he loved all the colors and stuff back there!

we exited and headed past the Boneyard, it was not open but the girls sure wanted to stop there... it looked so fun.

We then split up, I took Luke and we wandered around till we could get FPs for the Safari. Our plan was to meet up at Lion King, the first show was at 10:00, my fast pass window opened up at 9:55... would I make it! They were headed to see It's Tough to be A Bug, a first for the girls.

Luke and I made a purchase, of a Disney hat. There selection of sunhats for boys is terrible. The hat is a bit big (will be perfect for next summer) but he was really not liking the hats that I had brought for home that have a strap under the chin. We roamed and took a leisurely walk toward Africa. I am kicking myself that I did not take pictures, I tried to just look at the details I miss normally when we are in a hurry!

I got to the machines plenty early, and would just stick a ticket in to check the times... 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes... I am sure I looked so stupid and I was getting sick of those not time yet passes coming out. Then it was finally my time... and I got my six FPs and boy we booked it back to Camp Minnie Mickey!

As we went past the CMs at the entrance they said I would make it... I was glad to know my jog was not in vain in the heat! I parked the stroller and got our junk and off to the Elephant section I went. I am sorry again.. no pics, Luke was in need of a bottle and some snacks, so I watched and fed him! The Lion King was a big hit with all, It's Tough to Be a Bug... not so much. The girls made it through, but didn't like it, Em especially. Someday!

My girls had seen Pocahontas just outside, back where her show was, but did not get a picture yet since I had the camera. So we went back to her theatre...

Chip and Dale, hoola hoops and music were there for fun....

Another new character for us to meet!

This was my chance... Finding Nemo was at 11:15. It was 10:30 now, so I decided we were going to try to make it. I had chatted with an AK CM in line yesterday when we were meeting Jasmine, and she had said that if you wanted to see Nemo the earlier the show you go to, the better luck of not waiting forever. DH took off to go get FPs for Kali, and the rest of us headed to Nemo. We weaved through the que outside... parking our stroller about a mile away I think. DH met us right at the entry and we made it! We were in, with some seats to spare! I was so excited to see this show, but Luke was ready to nap. The CM was so sweet, she let me just rock him up top in the aisle while we waited for the show to begin... and he slept through almost all of it! What a good boy...and what an awesome SHOW! The girls, DH and I loved it. My parents were not as impressed, they liked Lion King better. I am so glad we got to see the show, but again, no pics, I had a sleeping baby on my lap.

I think that the show was not a hit with my dad though because of the RUDE moms and kids behind me. They kept bumping in to us, leaning on us, and the moms were talking loudly the whole time, threatening to leave if the kids did not behave multiple times, but no follow through. It was a bit much for me, I just wanted to keep Luke asleep and would have taken my kids out if they misbehaved, no questions about it. Poor parenting IMO! But I was bound and determined to enjoy the show! The kids were around my girls ages, if not older, so I know they could have behaved better!

After Nemo we knew it was lunch time. We ate at the first CS we passed, Restaurantosaurus. Not my first choice, but it was lunch time and we were hungry. I ended up with nuggets, (Emily wanted a hot dog), Hannah had nuggets, my mom had the Mandarin Chicken Salad, and the guys had Hamburgers. All in all a good lunch, we all washed up, went to the bathroom and got filled up, including Luke!

We were ready to head to our two week Safari... but snapped a few pics first!

Again there are some photopass ones... this week I promise. I think that my favorite of the girls was taken here. Our photographer was great, Luke just hammed it up for her... yes we were hot but she made everyone smile!

I must admit I was a tad bit worried to go on the safari so late in the day.... but we saw lots of animals....

but again nothing as great as CP's giraffe! That would have been awesome!

After leaving our two week safari, we met Flick!

He has the best backdrop of any character...

and we were off to ride Expedition Everest. Hannah's cousins and neighbor friends all raved about how fun this roller coaster was, and we got her on it somehow. She rode with DH, and I rode with my dad....it was a hit! She loved it! We had left grandma with Luke and Em, both who were looking tired in the gift shop. Asia needs some AC CS places to rest! Luke was getting had... but Hannah wanted another ride on Everest and I still wanted to catch the parade! Some decisions had to be made...

Old 07-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #1719
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

OH, we love AK! I cannot wait to see Lion King, we still haven't caught it yet. It seems like we can never get in a really good touring groove there for some reason.

Love all the character pix/interactions. You have the character mojo on this trip for sure.

So happy that Hannah loved EE. We are also going to try to get on it this trip.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #1720
moparop
DIS Veteran

Wow, you guys really busted some tail at AK! I am impressed to see all you got done. We've done Nemo and FOTLK one time each, but on different trips. It's so hard to get them both in with the current times they are offered -- which is a total bummer for the crew who can't/don't enjoy the thrill rides there! Sorry to hear that the girls were not fans of ITTBAB - hopefully next time will be a charm.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1721
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

I want a fall trip though LL, or a Flower and Garden trip, but alas being a teacher that is not in the cards currently! I am okay skipping the parks one trip (knowing we are headed back the next year for a longer park trip- ha ha!) There is a lot of Disney magic I can enjoy not going to the parks...
I'd be okay without going to the parks on a trip, too. I went once when I only went to one park for one day, but I have never been without going to any park at all. However, I can think of lots of things we could do without ever going to on of the four parks: mini-golf, Chip and Dale's campfire and movie, resort hopping, Wishes from the Poly Beach, any resort character dining, AKL to see the animals, Ft. Wilderness to ride the horses, DTD, waterparks, DisneyQuest...

Some of those cost money and some don't, but I doubt it all adds up to the price of a park ticket. I also wouldn't be opposed to staying on Disney property and going over to the beach, SeaWorld, doing things on I-Drive, etc.

Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful and Magic Kingdom dressed in orange and pumpkins is cool, so I hope you'll get to do those someday on a spring or fall break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Sounds just lovely!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #1722
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wow! You got a lot done! I just love Em's shirt this day, it's is super cute and she looks adorable with her Mickey sunglasses. Hehehe.

Filk has quite the rear on him! He has to be careful with that thing or he could take out a kiddo.

I didn't realize they are doing character greetings in the Pocahontas theater...hmmm, I must put that on my list.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #1723
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

I didn't realize they are doing character greetings in the Pocahontas theater...hmmm, I must put that on my list.
That's what I was going to ask - Are they just using that as a play and meet 'n greet area now?

Also, what did your mom think of the chicken salad - good or not? I like to do different things than hamburgers all the time, so I'm always on the hunt for the different things they offer. If you think about it, ask her if she would get it again or not.

Lots of good pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #1724
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Wow! THat was a great update! You did a lot this morning so far... We loved Nemo too!! I took some photos, but not too many came out! I agree with you on kids who don't behave... I also am surprised when parents keep kids who are screaming about the ride, in line and force them to do it... this is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, people...

Our DS loved Everest too! He just turned 7 -- but did it when he was 6 last Nov, I thought he was going to pass... so I am glad your DD went back for more!!!

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #1725
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
LOVE em's sunglasses! she's such a cutie pie.

sorry you had rudeness behind you at nemo. that just kills me. i vow to not be one of those parents who threaten to discipline my kids loud enough for everyone to hear me but then never really follow through with it. i hate it when people ruin others' enjoyment of the show because their kids are misbehaving and they're too lazy to do anything about it!

yay for hannah for riding EE!!!! i'm glad she liked it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: