Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #1696
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

What a wonderful time you all must have had at EPCOT that day....so sorry that it ended badly with the wet luggage!!! EEEWWWWWW!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #1697
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wet luggage - such a bummer! I know how you felt that night (well almost), cause I changed resorts in the middle of a trip and no matter how hard you try to be organized, you just do it as well as you want to. Then to have wet luggage on top of that! Uggghhh! I bet when you went to bed that night you almost wished you have never started at the Contemporary. I think the more people you are responsible for, the worse the disorganization feels. At least they comp'd part of your room. Still - rather pay for the room and have dry luggage!

I hope things get better soon. You pictures of your kids in Epcot are so cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #1698
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

GREAT update Laura! That STINKS about the wet bags! There is NOTHING worse than trying to unpack and get prganized when you are exhausted and with a little baby to boot! I am happy for you your meal at Tutto was a good one! Bummer about the rain but how wonderful that your mom got to see the girls with the princesses!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #1699
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
You got some amazing character shots! Can't wait to see the girls twirling with Aurora.

Ugh, the suitcase situation is so baffling to me. If you're a bellman bringing a wet piece of luggage to someone, wouldn't you mention it? Like I'm sorry, these duffles got a little wet. Hope everything dries quickly, or something? Yours completely ignored the situation hoping, I don't know, that you wouldn't notice your wet bags? I'm glad nothing in those bags was ruined!

I'm hoping a good night's sleep and your AK day made up for your yucky night.
I think he hoped we had so many bags I would not notice, or maybe he was mad they were so short staffed. Either way it was terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
The girls looks just adorable with the princesses. Emily's smile is just contagious in those photos.

I'm glad you had a peaceful dinner. It is always nice when the little man gives the family some peace at dinner time.

I was laughing when you were describing how your DH just threw Luke in the stroller and headed out. Such a Dad things to do.

That really stinks about your bags getting wet! I'm glad they gave you a credit to the room, but what were they going to do with the shirts to dry them out? Throw them in a dryer to shrink them as well?

I had those same thoughts after a horrible series of events in November. I think they happen to everyone who is traveling with more than one child at some point. I could feel your stress trying to load up on the bus because we felt the same way in November and we had one child less than you. Those big strollers are so hard to unload/carry/hang onto on the buses. I'm sorry you lost your ziploc bag too. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
I figured you would find the baby and dad with nothing humorous.... it was the those things that did me in this trip. Although DH redeemed himself our AK day.

Emily had so much fun, A is going to be great this trip. She was so into all the characters. Honestly there are over 100 darling pics of her, whereas Hannah is not good in pics normally. There were moments though that Em was difficult... but you know what I think about about three year olds versus two year olds....she had been easier the past two trips, but really "got" the magic this time!

The shirts were dry by the next afternoon, but they were hanging all over my mom's room. A dryer would have been nice but we were too tired to stay up with them.

I remind myself every trip will get easier with kids... and that I knew going with three kids 5 and under would be insane. We did have a great time, but it was hard, harder than going pregnant for sure.... partially due to our touring and stuff, and I had to let things go at a point... once I reached the ugly moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I've missed the entire Epcot day!! It sounds like your morning was awesome! Getting great character interactions in and seeing so many extras along the way. What a bummer that Crush was broken - I hope you were able to see it later! The princess photos are adorable - I can't wait to spend time meeting all of them. Doug has said his little sister needs to meet all of the princesses on our next trip.

I can't believe the problems with the luggage! Talk baout putting a damper on the contemporary stay!

I hope you are getting lots of rest and staying cool and calm these last weeks!

Meeting the princesses is fun... you have a lot to look forward too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Great Epcot day! How cool that you met so many characters. We definitely need to make RD at WS on our next visit.

I can't believe the luggage fiasco! Glad nothing was ruined and that they at least compensated you. I hope you find the Ziploc bag!
The Ziplock is resolved the next day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
That is too bad that your great day at Epoct got spoiled by a bad ending at CSR due to the bag issues.
Between the rain, getting trapped at the main building and wet luggage I was done by bedtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
What a wonderful time you all must have had at EPCOT that day....so sorry that it ended badly with the wet luggage!!! EEEWWWWWW!!!!
Looking at the pics I try to remember all the fun of the day... before things got cruddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wet luggage - such a bummer! I know how you felt that night (well almost), cause I changed resorts in the middle of a trip and no matter how hard you try to be organized, you just do it as well as you want to. Then to have wet luggage on top of that! Uggghhh! I bet when you went to bed that night you almost wished you have never started at the Contemporary. I think the more people you are responsible for, the worse the disorganization feels. At least they comp'd part of your room. Still - rather pay for the room and have dry luggage!

I hope things get better soon. You pictures of your kids in Epcot are so cute!

No, I wish we had stayed at the Contemporary. We had a hard time fitting our stuff in the CSR room, there was a lot less dresser space--- we outsourced Hannah's clothing to my parents room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
GREAT update Laura! That STINKS about the wet bags! There is NOTHING worse than trying to unpack and get prganized when you are exhausted and with a little baby to boot! I am happy for you your meal at Tutto was a good one! Bummer about the rain but how wonderful that your mom got to see the girls with the princesses!
You had a bad meal didn't you at Tutto---- it is coming back to me now- right? We enjoyed it and it fit in our schedule better than a dinner at EPCOT on Friday...

My parents loved watching the girls with the characters. At times my dad would joke about how much character time they spent.... but it won't be like that forever. I try hard to get them to see characters where the waits are managable...
Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #1700
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

OK - Now I'm even more excited about staying at BLT's now that I read about your stay at the Contemporary!!!
Your kids are very cute! Luke is too cute!! I just love baby boys. If I ever had a third (and I better never) I would want another little guy. Little boys are awesome!

Now that my TR is done - I am really enjoying reading everyone else's!!

-nat
Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #1701
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
OK - Now I'm even more excited about staying at BLT's now that I read about your stay at the Contemporary!!!
Your kids are very cute! Luke is too cute!! I just love baby boys. If I ever had a third (and I better never) I would want another little guy. Little boys are awesome!

Now that my TR is done - I am really enjoying reading everyone else's!!

-nat
I think BLT to MK is an awesome thing. I hope we stay there someday, I am sure we will! Thanks for joining in!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #1702
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am going to upload AK now, so I can at least get a start on that day. Tonight we are going out to an adult dinner and right now the girls are with DH at the pool before the rain starts. Luke and I are going to run to get some Scrapbooking supplies... I have gotten the stuff all out again in hopes of getting caught up the next few weeks. (Luckily I am less than a year behind... Luke is done through December, Hannah and Emily through October) Have a great Saturday!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #1703
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

oh, so sorry you guys had a bad night! i hope your mom was able to get her shirts dry. at least you had a decent day at epcot. glad you liked tutto italia - i've been wondering about that place!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #1704
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm back on the scrapbook train as well. I *wish* I was as caught up as you. Winkflash is having a sale on prints. I can forward you the e-mail if you want it.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #1705
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
oh, so sorry you guys had a bad night! i hope your mom was able to get her shirts dry. at least you had a decent day at epcot. glad you liked tutto italia - i've been wondering about that place!
EPCOT went pretty well. I was unsure how it would be with three, and we did good. Tutto was a hit... I would go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I'm back on the scrapbook train as well. I *wish* I was as caught up as you. Winkflash is having a sale on prints. I can forward you the e-mail if you want it.
Thanks... I am working on that tonight~
Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #1706
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Vacation 2010

I know I said we would not be going back in the pretrip report, pre DVC... but now we have points for 2009 that we need to use next summer.

With that said, we do not plan to go to the parks during our vacation... I know some of you probably think we are crazy... even DH said at dinner we could, but for a one day ticket... no and I am not sure I want to buy a longer length ticket with non-expire... but it could change. To be honest I think Luke would be hard to take next summer, and still being outnumbered yikes!

What we are thinking is to use our points at Vero Beach at the 7 month window for next summer. Probably June, probably for about a week. Since Luke does not count, we can stay in a studio... there are different types so we are doing some research. If anyone can share please do!

We also plan to stay at WDW for a few nights...probably a studio. My first choice is BCV, I think our girls would love the pool and we would really have time to enjoy. BWV is tempting, as is SSR since we would be close to DTD. We would hopefully do some of our favorite meals, enjoy the resorts, pool hop perhaps, and explore Orlando a bit

Any thoughts are welcome..

That would then leave us for 2011 having 2010 points, and 2011 points and 2012 available to borrow if needed. We thought we would be doing a trip with my parents that year in a two bedroom at AKV in the summer. My parents though are not sure if they want to go in 2011, they might want to go in 2012.... which then maybe means a trip the five of us in 2011, (Luke again would not be three... free admission, dining and does not count for occupancy) and then 2012 a trip with grandma and grandpa... so many things to think about! If we know for sure we are going two summers in a row----APs for me (then maybe I can get a third trip too)

Old 07-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #1707
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

How wonderful! I think that would really be the best part of DVC - knowing that you WOULD be going back multiple times. Of course, the accomodations are a perk, too. We're actually looking at OKW for our large family vacation next summer now, even though we're not DVC (with more people to split the rooms with, it's not as expensive). I'd like to try Vero Beach at some point. And I'd LOVE to let my kids explore Stormalong Bay at BCV someday. Have fun with all of the planning!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #1708
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I would love to see you get BCV for the start of your trip, Cape May breakfast would be lots of fun to do! As you know I do have ulterior motives.... IF you were at BC a one day ticket to Epcot would be very nice, as you know, it's a great place to hook up with princesses! Then there is storm along bay, Em and Luke would love that sand and Hannah would have a great time in the lazy river and whirlpool! The slide is so much fun too!
OK, so much for my unbiased opinion..
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #1709
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Your future plans sound great! Very nice options. I have seen lots of photos for Vero Beach, does look really pretty! RELAXING.....

We got APs this year, b/c we had already committed to two trips, and then when DH moved dates, he agreed to three... with the DVC it seems a good plan to get the APs, you get a discount I think? And with a family, after the 2nd trip they have paid for themselves.. so you gotta do three to really take advantage of the "free"

Good luck with whatever your plans are!!! I am sure they will be great! Looking forward to your next TR installment

Hope your adult evening was fun!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #1710
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your plans sound so nice!!! I was day dreaming of a Vero Beach trip yesterday. I haven't a clue what they offer, but just the simplicity of a "beach trip" is very appealing.

We bought APs in January this year because we knew we'd be back in December.

And lookee here...we are going in January too! APs, and a "free child" are wonderful trip enablers.

I wasn't sure if a child under 3 counts toward occupancy. It is very good to read they don't. I have some possible plans stewing and the fact that Henry is under 3 and doesn't count helps a ton!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: