Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
meloneyb21
DIS Veteran

So, Stallworth gets 24 days for killing an actual person....

...and Vick gets 23 months for killing dogs? I'm confused. Do we not value human life?

8/1990 - Offsite 4/06 - CSR 5/09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 4/10 - Poly 8/11 - AKL 8/12 - AKL 6/14 - AKL
meloneyb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

Unfortunately, it will probably mean more to Dante Stallworth that he has been indefinitely suspended by the NFL. That's according to the Associated Press, here's the link... http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WxjlgD99BJ8NO1.

*this* spot still sacred to
Those no longer here - you are not forgotten...........
(also remembering all the pets who have owned me, including "James", "Sugar", "Gabriel" & "Nancy")
Thanks to Grumpy Pirate I sometimes do have a seasonal smilie. I also remember when American Idol was GOOD.
Do not read beauty magazines...they will only make you feel UGLY.
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I think he should have got longer then 24 days. However, It wasn't his intention to kill someone. Vick meant to hurt those poor dogs he tourted them in fact. Over and over again.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I think he should have got longer then 24 days. However, It wasn't his intention to kill someone. Vick meant to hurt those poor dogs he tourted them in fact. Over and over again.
If you get behind the wheel of a car when you have had too much to drink you should accept the fact that you could hurt or kill somebody. It's not an accident. He got off because he paid the family a big civil settlement and they claimed that they wanted leniency so the whole thing could be over.

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
ladycollector
UCF Knights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeroo View Post
If you get behind the wheel of a car when you have had too much to drink you should accept the fact that you could hurt or kill somebody. It's not an accident. He got off because he paid the family a big civil settlement and they claimed that they wanted leniency so the whole thing could be over.
I agree, and I agree that he should've gotten a way tougher sentence.

But, I disagree that DUI Manslaughter is the same as planning and executing a murder. He does need to take full responsibility for the death of the person he killed, but I just don't think theres any right answer as far as how much, in comparison to a pre-meditated murder.

There is no right answer.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
JMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I agree.

A 24 day sentence is laughable, but it was an accident. Stallworth fully cooperated with the police, and by many accounts, the victim ran out into the street right in front of his car.

That is completely different than the repeated and intentional abuse and exectution of dogs.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
MoniqueU
Anything with Malibu in it is great for me
Ask me about my "eyebrows"
Was blinded for several minutes after blowing on it

Quote:
I love to have some drinks, my friends love to have some drinks we make arrangements BEFORE we sent out for the day/evening to get to and from safely. I no longer drive so I dont have to worry about me but I do make sure my DH and friends have a plan in place or don't drink too much. I dont want any of them to end up in jail or lord forbid hurting someone. There should be a mandatory minimum for DUI deaths.
MoniqueU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoniqueU View Post
I love to have some drinks, my friends love to have some drinks we make arrangements BEFORE we sent out for the day/evening to get to and from safely. I no longer drive so I dont have to worry about me but I do make sure my DH and friends have a plan in place or don't drink too much. I dont want any of them to end up in jail or lord forbid hurting someone. There should be a mandatory minimum for DUI deaths.

I have never saw what what he did was right. In fact it was stupid of him. He should have got longer then 24 days.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
pearlieq
They can sit & spin
Imagine my shock when my cat slipped me the tongue
I've never been all that worried about getting cooties
I don't need chewy chunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
A 24 day sentence is laughable, but it was an accident. Stallworth fully cooperated with the police, and by many accounts, the victim ran out into the street right in front of his car.

That is completely different than the repeated and intentional abuse and exectution of dogs.
Exactly.
Your underpants!
~TSA 2010
pearlieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
tinatark
DIS Veteran

He reached a settlement with the family, so they didn't pursue harsher punishment.

I'm sure his "indefinite" suspension will be anything but indefinite - maybe the entire next season, but I would guess not that long, even.

My son is 15 and taking the test for his driver's permit; several of the questions regard DUI penalties. I suppose the penalties aren't the same for celebrities!
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
flamom
DIS Veteran

if he wasn't rich and famous he would have gotten alot more then 24 days.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Uuaww
Guilty of 74 counts of pumpkin pilfering!
Bugs are partial to my ears

People need to realize what Donte Stallworth did. Yes he killed a man, if you know the full the story, the man came running across the street in front of traffic when he was killed. If Donte Stallworth had not been drinking, he would have killed the man according to police and eye witness reports. Yes he was drunk, but it didn't play a factor. Also this is a man with NO prior criminal history and he stopped as soon as he hit him and waited for police to arrive. He fully cooperated with police. If he hadn't been drunk, he wouldn't have even been charged!

Now he is the important thing. REGARDLESS of what he paid the family, the COURT decided not to pursue this anymore, the JUDGE gave him a sentence that HE thought was fair and HE is the expert, not us!

His sentence was 30 days in prison, 2-3 years of probation and life without a drivers license (in 5 years he can get a work only licence)

Stop casting judgements until you know the full story, and athletes are rarely getting special treatment for serious crimes, so stop making that conclusion unless you back it up with hard evidence.
Uuaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
shrubber
DIS Veteran

Well, He has proven he's the only Cleveland Brown who can hit anybody.
shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
shrubber
DIS Veteran

Stallworth also has an alien living in his brain during games, the rest of the time the alien 'nicco' lives at Mars.....

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Donte-Stal...sane-Blog-5899
shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #15
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuaww View Post
People need to realize what Donte Stallworth did. Yes he killed a man, if you know the full the story, the man came running across the street in front of traffic when he was killed. If Donte Stallworth had not been drinking, he would have killed the man according to police and eye witness reports. Yes he was drunk, but it didn't play a factor. Also this is a man with NO prior criminal history and he stopped as soon as he hit him and waited for police to arrive. He fully cooperated with police. If he hadn't been drunk, he wouldn't have even been charged!

Now he is the important thing. REGARDLESS of what he paid the family, the COURT decided not to pursue this anymore, the JUDGE gave him a sentence that HE thought was fair and HE is the expert, not us!

His sentence was 30 days in prison, 2-3 years of probation and life without a drivers license (in 5 years he can get a work only licence)

Stop casting judgements until you know the full story, and athletes are rarely getting special treatment for serious crimes, so stop making that conclusion unless you back it up with hard evidence.
Thank you. Saved me some typing.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: