Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #76
Jeanine3kids
Mouseketeer

Great Update can you believe after 5 trips to Disney I have never been to club cool i have to try to go there this trip.,
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #77
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Love the review of Rose & Crown - we're headed there in Sept. I showed your pics to my girls and they were drooling over those french fries! All the rides sound fun, too.

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #78
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Hey Diane!!! Hope things are well with you guys today! Great update, loved it. Luke is so excited when you post your updates, he has me read them to him : ) Halarious about Eric in the morning (doesn't surprise me, but halarious!) I can't believe that about Rose and Crown, thank God you got to eat inside, that would actually sway me frommaking ressies there in the summer. Can't wait to hear the rest of day 2. I'm working on my next one but Tim with the video conversion is taking a long time.
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! I hope you are feeling better! LOVE that Luke is listening to our updates I don't think I would make lunch ressies again at Rose and Crown but I would do dinner because the food was good! I just read your update and posted, I LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine3kids View Post
Great Update can you believe after 5 trips to Disney I have never been to club cool i have to try to go there this trip.,
Thanks Jeanine! Definitely go to Club Cool, it is a GREAT was to refresh and cool off when it's hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Love the review of Rose & Crown - we're headed there in Sept. I showed your pics to my girls and they were drooling over those french fries! All the rides sound fun, too.
Thanks so much! The french fries were GOOD! Too cute about your daughters!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #79
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Diane,
Loved the update. Looks like you had a great morning at Epcot! The pics are great too. I guess Matthew didn't like Beverly . So did you like R&C? Looking at the pics probably not my cup of tea.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #80
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Day 2 part 2

So we left off with us finishing lunch at the Rose and Crown. We ventured back out into the OPPRESIVE heat and talk game plan for the rest of the day! Eric and Matthew are DYING to do a Kim Possible mission but Bryan and I aren't feeling it! So we collectively decide to leave Epcot and go to Downtown Disney for a little shopping! We go to walk back to the front of the park and these 2 birds come out of nowhere and fly REALLY close to Eric....NOT GOOD! This child is afraid of anything that moves that is not human or machinery!!!!! WELL, Eric starts running in the opposite direction flopping his hands and yelling! It was HILARIOUS! I could barely stand up straight I was laughing SO HARD! LOTS of people were staring but I couldn't tell if they were staring at me or Eric because I was laughing THAT loud! Bryan and Matthew start chasing after Eric and we all met up and decided to go through the International Gateway and catch a DTD bus from one of the resorts over there for fear of encountering the attack birds again!

We decide the Beach Club bus stop was our destination!

Eric was still too stressed out to pose!

Finally recomposed!

We waited FOREVER for a bus, the longest wait all trip at 35 minutes! Finally one arrived and we forged on to shop! The boys decide they wanted to do the Design a Tee!

We first took this picture outside!

The whole process for this is SO CUTE! First you choose a color for your shirt and then your size and then there all types of options for graphics or phrases, whether you want to create your own or use one they already have!

The woman behind the counter told us that they were running a little behind so it would be about 2 hours before the boys shirts were ready, so we had them shipped back to the resort! After the t-shirt designs we headed over to the pin store!

We started to run short on time so we were trying to find the BEST/QUICKEST way to get back to Saratoga.........HMMMMMM!

continued in next post!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #81
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

That design a tee shop looks great! We have to visit there on our next trip.

Ok the attack birds...I would have done the exact same thing if it was one of my kids. I believe I may have done something similar once or twice already We have to get our laughs anyway we can, right

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #82
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Trying to find the best route back proved to be difficult! We thought you could take a boat but though we had to walk over to the West Side to do it, WAS NOT happening in that heat, so then I knew there was a walkway so while Bryan asked one CM, I asked another and they each told us different places where it was! GO FIGURE! Bryan was SO FRUSTRATED, so I suggested just taking a bus well sure enough just as we begin to walk to a bus stop a SSR bus is pulling away! Now picture a SWEATY, RUNNING FAMILY darting for the bus WELL! The driver looks at us and WAVES AND LAUGHS and then KEEPS DRIVING! Bryan was so mad he must of chased that bus a good 50 feet! SO not like him!! Luckily another bus comes quickly after 7-8 minutes max! We all climb aboard happy to be in the air conditioning again! The bus was a HUGE mistake, it stopped at Pleasure Island, West Side and Typhoon Lagoon before we got back to Saratoga! LESSON LEARNED!

So we head up to the room with just enough time to shower and head out again for our dinner reservations at Kona Cafe!

We quickly showered and got dressed and went down to the bus stop and EVERYONE was in better spirits!

The boys at the bus stop!

We had some major transportation luck this night though, we only waited about 2 minutes and a Magic Kingdom bus came and then once we got off the bus and walked down to the resort boat launch a boat was there waiting too!!

Some pics from our boat ride!

We arrived at the Poly about 40 minutes early because of our great time in getting there! We explored a little after I checked in!

Finally our buzzer went off and it was time to eat!

I ordered one of these beauties!

Then they brought out some of that bread and butter that I LOVE! I felt guilty for about..........................5 seconds because Bryan couldn't have any!

Bryan had the crab cake appetizer minus some ingredients...

I had the Kona salad which was delicious!

The kids ordered Mickey ravioli!

I had the steak terriyaki and it was AWESOME!!!

For dessert, I ordered the Kona cone for the boys to share and I had there ice cream (the kids dessert options STINK!)

I LOVE KONA, we always have such a good meal here! Funny side note, through conversation with our waitress, we found out that her cousin was one of my students! Small world or what!

continued in next post!

Last edited by dddisrunner; 07-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Enjoying your update

Poor Eric with the birds

Design your tee looks like fun. Will have to check that out for sure

I can't believe that bus driver waved and then drove off...I would have ran after it too, saying a few choice words

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kona

Is that cotton candy in that ice cream cone? That looks so good
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #84
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

After dinner, we decide to take the monorail back over to Epcot to use some of the fastpasses that we had gathered earlier in the day! We go out to line up for the monorail and I attempt to ask if we can ride up front and sure enough there was no one waiting! The boys were SO EXCITED! Looking back, I am so glad they got to experience that on this night because now in light of the tragic accident I don't know if it will be allowed anymore! I get chills looking at these pictures!

At the time, I can remeber being upset because the monorail driver wasn't very chatty. I am SO GLAD she wasn't, it meant she was doing her job properly! Once we got off the monorail, we had about 50 minutes until the park closed so we hurried to Test Track and then to Soarin and that was it!

I took this picture as we were leaving!

We rushed out, because we wanted to beat the Illuminations crowd! We got to the SSR bus stop and it was pretty full! We had to stand but then a man got up and let me sit and I held Eric on my lap! There was a woman in front of me and I was holding the stroller in front of me. She kept knocking into the stroller and the nasty wheels of the stroller kept banging into me under my chin! GROSS! This happened like 10 times!!!! Our driver Patty was INSANE! She ws talking in this loud SHRILLING voice (picture Janice from Friends for those of you that watched that show) SHE did not SHUT UP the entire ride and she kept saying how we were so lucky to listen to her instead of the tape! Well some guy yells from the back of the bus "I LIKE THE TAPE"!! Everyone starts laughing and then she gets nasty so then the guy yells again Oh be quiet Krabby Patty!! Too funny! Then some random guy yells "I want me some turkey legs!!!" What a CRAZY night!! Thank god the Grandstand was the first stop!!! Then to add to the nuttiness of the day Eric is watching TV and there was a press conference on and he says (very seriously and innocently) Is that a BREAST conference!!! We all LOST it! That is how our crazy second day ended!!!

Coming up: A safari breakfast & a chance encounter!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #85
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Your EPCOT day sounds like it went great! How crazy about your DTD to SSR transportation. To the resort RIGHT next to DTD. Looking forward to finding out if you ever did find that path.

Cute that your boys tshirts are enemys. NY Yankees & NY Mets. Talk about a house divided.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #86
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Another fun day! The front Monorail ride gives me chills just seeing your pictures, I doubt that will happen anymore.

Kona again looks so yummy--- it is on our list for sure soon!

I want to see the boys shirts... that is a fun thing for that age!

Glad you got to use your FPs from the AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #87
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Subscribing. I read your report last year and it was great! I cannot believe 15 days in Disney! That would be fabulous. DH would die. He will indulge me a few days/possibly a week each year but that is it.

Looking forward to the next installment.

ERika

Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #88
stace208
DIS Veteran

Wow, you had a really fun and busy day! We were also in Epcot but we never made it to WS at all until evening. I don't think HOT even describes this day

I can't wait to see how the shirts turn out--my kids wanted to do it but we just didn't squeeze it in.

I know just how you feel about the monorail pictures-we have some from when we rode up front and it's unsettling to look at them now.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #89
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Wow what a busy day! I'm laughing with you about Eric and the bird. The things he says and does! Is he the class clown too, or does it just come naturally?

Nothing is worse than being in a hurry to get somewhere and the bus making so many stops. Coming back from Animal Kingdom our bus stopped at Blizzard Beach. My sister had a drink in a cup, (I know no eating or drinking on the bus) she had it sitting on the raised area where the tire is, fell asleep and as I was drifting off too she lost her grasp on it spilling it on both of us! What a rude way to be woken up! We still laugh about it and she was only allowed to bring water bottles with closed caps on the buses after that. Her excuse was she would never have fallen asleep if we had just gone straight back to the resort without the extra stop.

We missed out on making shirts, so much to do and not enough time. I can't wait to see your finished products.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #90
Happydog
DIS Veteran

AWWW That sounds like such a great day!! Can't wait to see the Tshirts!!! And really enjoyed your pics!!! Great ones! With the "BAD BAD Bird scene" it is soooooooooo hard to keep a straight face and not laugh with/about kids sometimes, especially when it is something that is clearly serious to them and it really is just so funny and not at all serious.. "bad mommy"!!!!

You all have smiles the whole time, so even with the bus "blues" a few times you all look like everyone was in high spirits!!!

Yes, the DTD bus in general is a pain b/c of all those dang stops! The boat from SSR does work well, not sure if you ever took the boat launch, but it is close to one of the DTD bus stops... GREAT POST!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: