Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #91
minster22
DIS Veteran

Just love reading your trip report and seeing all the great photos. One of the things I appreciate most about your report is how much you appreciate owning DVC and your home resort BCV! Your gratitude comes thru both in your words and your photos (I also love all those beautiful relaxing rooms at BVC, we sometimes go over there from our home resort, BWV and have breakfast or lunch from the Marketplace in one of those areas!). Your Mom would be proud of your investment in such special family time!!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #92
osprey84
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the trip report and great pictures. I have ressies for Nov. 20 - 25 for two 2 bedroom suites. So far the one family that was going to be going with us backed out saying that they heard that is the worse time to go. Anything is better then going in the summer.
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #93
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
[ and the best corn bread ever. [/COLOR]

I love the cornbread at Cape May! I actually have a recipe from an old issue of Disney Files Magazine and it is DIVINE! I make it alot!

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #94
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I love the cornbread at Cape May! I actually have a recipe from an old issue of Disney Files Magazine and it is DIVINE! I make it alot!
Can you please PM me that? I would love it!

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #95
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I agree that the Animal Kingdom always seems hottest to me!

Looking forward to reading day 7!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #96
msteddom
We always wait in line in California, just like we sit in traffic

I never post on trip reports, but this one is worth the effort! You and your family sound like you're having so much fun!!! Looking forward to more...

Melissa
Aug. 1986- Off Site, Feb. 1992- Off Site, Nov. 2000- Off Site, Aug. 2003 POR, April 2004- POFQ, Aug. 2004- YC, Feb. 2005- POFQ, Aug. 2005- BWV,Jan. 2006 BCV,Aug. 2006 POP, Dec. 2006 POR, Aug 2007-YC, Dec. 2007- BWV, Aug. 2008 4 night Wonder Double Dip, Jan. 2009- BWV, Aug. 2009 BWV/Dolphin, Jan. 2010 BLT/BWV, Aug. 2010 WL/BWV, Aug. 2011 5 night Dream/ WLV, Jul. 2012 POR/BVV, June 2013 BWV/Fantasy Eastern/YC
msteddom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 AM   #97
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great photos! Love the detail!!!!
Glad you love the photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by minster22 View Post
Just love reading your trip report and seeing all the great photos. One of the things I appreciate most about your report is how much you appreciate owning DVC and your home resort BCV! Your gratitude comes thru both in your words and your photos (I also love all those beautiful relaxing rooms at BVC, we sometimes go over there from our home resort, BWV and have breakfast or lunch from the Marketplace in one of those areas!). Your Mom would be proud of your investment in such special family time!!
Thank you for reading along. We never sat outside at the marketplace but if we go in October it may be nicer outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey84 View Post
Thanks for the trip report and great pictures. I have ressies for Nov. 20 - 25 for two 2 bedroom suites. So far the one family that was going to be going with us backed out saying that they heard that is the worse time to go. Anything is better then going in the summer.
Backed out - WHAT !! If you can't find anyone else let me know and we will make our selves available !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
This reminds me that I need to call someone because I haven't recieved any disney files magazine ! I have recieved something in the mail almost every day since buying it seems though ! I would also ask for the reciepe but then I would also have to ask you to come and make it since I barely cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteddom View Post
I never post on trip reports, but this one is worth the effort! You and your family sound like you're having so much fun!!! Looking forward to more...

Melissa
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a post, I really do appreciate everyone that has left a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I agree that the Animal Kingdom always seems hottest to me!

Looking forward to reading day 7!
I am back !! My family kidnapped me and took me camping ( we stayed at a hotel !) three days near the Garden of the Gods in the Springs. So I promise day 7 will come tomorrow after the waterpark !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-14-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #98
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day # 7 Back to Epcot

Today we wake up at about 9:00 am and head down to Cape May Cafe - I am getting a little tired of this place but it is so easy to get to.

Before getting to Cape May my kids finally get to meet Art ( he had been sick !) - he was very nice. The kids told him how they had seen him on TV. They had watched Great Hotels Episode 30 - 100 times before we got the Beach Club !

Then we head in to Cape May:

The Characters here are probably wondering when are these people going back home !!

We then take the walkway over to Epcot. I can not get used to this... 5 minutes inside park.... awesome !!

Because we have the special fastpasses that we recieved from DVC sales DH will not have to run around as much today. But because fastpasses have to be available in order to use the machine, DH still takes off when we get inside and goes to Soarin. He gets one fastpass with our tickets, and then uses two of the special fastpasses - giving us a total of 3 fastpasses each for Soarin. Then he runs over to Test Track to get one more Special fastpass and we have used all three of those.

While DH is running around the kids and I make our way over to the Imagination Station. We get right on the figment ride and then play around in the Imagaination Station afterwards.

The kids had a lot of fun in this area but I have to say I was surprised but the number of these we saw :

DD makes music here:

The kids get to jump around on these squares and make instruments play:

My son finds a computer where he can take his picture and morph himself into all kinds of animals - this was funny !

When we are just about done playing around DH shows back up and we go to watch Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

After the movie we decide to go use all of our Soarin Fastpasses - we were very lucky because the Special Fastpasses could be used as soon as you got them - so we didn't have to wait.

Of course we LOVE this ride. I love all the smells - especially the orange groves.

Now it is time for us to head over to The Coral Reef for our lunch adr at Coral Reef. It is near the Seas of Nemo.

We get inside check in and our seated rather quickly. (This will be the only thing that happens quickly here.) We get seated on the very top level and my DD is a little disappointed. We came here twice last year and sat right in front of the tank. I let her know that everyone gets a turn and we already had ours.

The big turtle:

A school of fish:

Divers:

After about 10 minutes we are finally greeted by our waitress and she takes our drink orders. 5 minutes later we finally get our drinks. When she drops off the drinks we are ready to order but she says she will be back in a minute to get our order. When she finally returns we place our order for our appetizer and entree. About 10 minutes later she returns with my Sea and Land and DH's salad. Plus we got a fresh bread basket. The Land and Sea was one large shrimp and two bite size pieces of beef. The beef melted in your mouth and the shrimp was good. We are on the deluxe plan so I don't care about the price but if I had paid 11.99 I would have been a little
Next our main entrees are brought out by someone other than our server. My DH and I both ordered the Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with roasted potatoes, watercress and tomatoes tossed in caramelized shallot vinaigrette. And my kids both ordered the Grilled Chicken with french fries. But now we are sitting here with no drinks and we still have the dirty dishes from our appetizer. Our waitress never comes back .... 15 minutes later and I say to DH.... "She didn't even come over here and ask if everything was okay." He is even a little put out because his tea has been empty a while. Finally I see our waitress and have to wave in the air to get her attention. I ask her politely if we can get refills, she brings them and leaves. She doesn't even touch the dirty dishes I have piled at the front of the half round table. We all finish our meals and wait another 10 minutes until she finally comes back. At this time all our dirty dishes from the whole meal are at the front of the table. She comes over leaves the desert menu for us to look at and leaves. I ask DH do you think we are going to be served desert with all these dirty plates crowding us. At this point he says "if she thinks I am leaving 18 percent she is nuts." The next thing we know a very nice blonde haired waitress ( who was not our waitress ) comes over with a large tray and starts to clear all of our dishes. She cleans our whole table. At this time our waitress appears with our deserts.

I ordered the famous chocolate wave:

DH ordered a Sorbet:

And the kids ordered the make your own sundae:

As our waitress left our table she stopped at a table off to the side of us to ask the other waitress who had cleaned our table if she could take the tray of dishes. The other waitress looked - she said "No I have already done everything." - boy I felt bad for her - I work with a few people who always seem to not pull their weight so I could sympathize. I also said to DH thank goodness the blonde waitress had come over because it was obvious we were about to be served our desert on top of our dirty lunch plates. We really enjoyed our deserts but tried not to take to long. We had already been here 2 hours - unreal. Two hours and we weren't even waiting for characters to come around. Just about the time we left I counted five tables in our area that were in different stages of dirty ( but no-one was sitting at them). On the way out the couch was crammed with people and further towards the front families were sitting on the floor waiting to be seated. I told my DH - I bet they have all had to wait over an hour past there adr because of our SLOW waitress. He then admits that he still left 18 percent because he kept thinking that if they split tips, others would be cheated because of her. I was then a little myself !! But oh well....

cont'd
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-17-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #99
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day 7 cont'd

We finally get over to see Turtle Talk with Crush and take some pictures in the entrance/lobby area.

DH really liked turtle talk. I had done this with the kids in Disneyland last year -(he was at a conference). It was really funny.

We then did the Nemo and Friends Clamshell ride :

Next we headed towards Space Ship Earth. We only had about a 10 minute wait. DH and daughter were behind us. DH then asks me - When the heck did it ask what language you wanted ? I said "First question".... well he missed it and him and DD had to listen to the whole thing in Spanish !! I thought it was sort of funny myself.

And we are now off to do three fastpasses we have collected for Test Track !

Showroom after the ride:

We then spend forever in the store. DS picks out a disney racer speedtrack and a ton of disney racers which we have shipped back to our resort. DH buys a Space Ship earth playset to go with his monorail and contemporary (He is trying to build his own Disney World !)

After riding Test Track three times in a row we are thirsty !! So we head over to the Ice Station Cool Zone. My DS tried all the flavors and says Mom the Bevly.. was gross I start laughing... I had forgot all about that one !! I said oh yeah ... Beverly... I heard it was yuck !
DD then talks me out of 8.00 dollars for a make your own princess cup and all the rest of us use snack credits to get drinks and frozen cokes.

Cheers :

Then oh my lord, it's already time to start heading to dinner Our longer than ever lunch has not left us to much time in between meals. But we have the most popular of adr's and I am not skipping this. Le Cellier at 7:30 . So we head to Canada.

The gardens outside are beautiful:

DS getting ready to head inside:

Inside we check in and wait off to the side in a small area. A nice young man is there and everyone is playing a game of Canada trivia. I stand here feeling like a complete idiot - I then realize I don't know anything about Canada ! We are seated pretty quickly and I am glad because I think I was negative a 1000 dollars
We are greeted by our waitress immediatly. She is a very young girl and very polite. She tells us which area she is from and we talk about how my in-laws had just been to the Niagara Falls.
She brings us bread right away. I tell her I have read about the pretzel bread and I can't wait to try it. DH thinks I am crazy ! But once he tries the pretzel bread he can't believe how good it is. Him and DS devour it. Thank goodness we were told we could get more of any of the breads. So we get some more pretzel bread. I ordered the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and my DH ordered a salad. The soup was good but became really good when you dipped the pretzel bread in it ! I was worried about it being to salty, but it was just perfect.
For our entrees DH and I both ordered the New York Strip Steak - topped with bercy butter and served with Gruyere Yukon Gold Potato Gratin. The steak was fabulous. But the potatoes were even better. My DS ordered the steak and said it was awesome. My DD ordered a hot dog.... A hot dog - she was crazy because the steak was delicous.
After we were done with our entrees our waitress came over and asked if we were trying to catch the Illuminations fireworks. We told her we were but everything was fabulous so don't worry. She said I will go ahead and bring the bill now while I am also putting in your order for desert, that way you can rush out after desert without being tied up. I thanked her twice, and told my DH we needed to send her over to Coral Reef to re-train someone !
I ordered the Smores, DH ordered the Maple Creme Brulee. And surprise the kids got sundaes.

We then rushed outside to watch Illuminations.... great location... perfect timing....

Afterwards we walk back to the Beach Club. We arrive back at about 9:45 and you think the kids would be ready to drop, but no they still insist on going swimming ! So we head out to the pool and have about 40 minutes to enjoy Storm -along-bay. It closed at 11:00 otherwise I think they would have been there until 2am .

Finally we get back to the room get cleaned up and go to bed once again just after midnight !!

Coming up Next DAY # 8 - MY Birthday ... Magic Kingdom.... Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique and LOTS of Pixie DUST !! And we find out even the hospital is called Celebration !!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-17-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #100
GGOOFY1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for another great update. Love all your pictures. SAB is my kids favorite pool.

:Members since 1993
GGOOFY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #101
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

What happened to the rest of the report??
Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #102
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

I was wondering the exact same thing! I just read the whole thread (it's so good!) and want to know how it ends!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #103
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Griswalds View Post
What happened to the rest of the report??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
I was wondering the exact same thing! I just read the whole thread (it's so good!) and want to know how it ends!

I am so glad you both liked it so far. I wish I could say that the rest had disappeared or something-- but I promise I am going to write another day worth tomorrow. I knew I should have never stopped writing it because of course one day led to two days and before I knew it months had passed.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #104
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day 8-- Magic Kingdom - And my B-Day !

This morning we wake up and it's my birthday. Even though it seems like we have celebrated everyday- this is the true day. My kids and DH gave me some really nice cards and my son gave me a plush turtle squirt and my DD gave me a plush Minnie -- started off the morning very good

We have a 10:00 o'clock adr at Chef Mickey's. We head to the bus area and wait just a few short minutes to board. We arrive at Magic Kingdom and my DH runs inside to quickly get a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. This is becoming a little annoying to me because I want to ride other stuff and him and the kids seem to have two rides on the brain constantly. But oh well -- We have a couple pictures taken while he is getting fastpasses.

I loved the new borders the photopass provided this year.

The Up Balloons

Then we are on our way to Chef Mickey's :
This is a buffet that I really like. DH not so much. My kids love it. They have all the breakfast favorites plus a huge desert bar - in case you want to start the day off with a rice krispie treat !

Chef Mickey stops by :

Donald:

And Goofy:

During the meal they announce a celebration and everyone stands up and waves their napkins.
Yet another breakfast morning muffin/cupcake is brought out :

After breakfast we take the monorail back over to Magic Kingdom and I get in line at Guest Services to recieve my free 75.00 gift card. I wait about 15 minutes in line - not to bad. While I am waiting in line there is this lady at one of the windows completly losing her mind. She is telling the CM at the window how her son's 5th birthday was the day before and Disney had ruined it for him. Apparently they were at Hollywood Studios - they had a multi-day pass,so they wanted to recieve a gift card. She was telling the CM that at Hollywood Studios they had asked for a driver lincense- at this point she starts yelling -"Do you know any 5 year olds that drive?" I was standing in line just giggling at the stupidity and thinking man this lady needs THE Dis Board LOL! Anyway long story short she then says that all the manager at Hollywood Studios was able to offer her without proof of date of birth was fastpasses- so she took them. Then she got inside and realized her son wasn't tall enough to ride any of the rides,so now a day later here she is at the Magic Kingdom losing her mind. She then even threw in that no-one had even told them they had to get a birthday button to have her son recognized. I take a deep breath and I am called forward ! I hope they pay these CM's well -- I could not believe the stupidity. So I turn in my paper I filled out at home, get my gift card, another b-day button and I am on my way to celebrate my magical b-day. The mad lady is now screaming for a manager-- and I run before I say something !

Just as we enter the park -- The celebrate parade is rolling out -- Just like it was meant to be...
I have told my DH at least twice do not even ask me what the heck they are singing because once you start singing it - you will not stop--

As soon as the parade passes DH runs to get another fastpass for Thunder Mountain - 2 fastpasses in his pocket now.

We then ride jungle cruise for the first time this trip - wait was about 30 minutes. Then we went on Pirates of the Carribean again.
After a couple rides it is so hot, we decide to do some shopping. I really want to buy my self a hoodie - and since it's 100 degrees I am sure everyone in the store thinks I have lost my mind as I continue to try on coats

At 3:00 we head back over to the Plaza for our lunch adr and eat almost the exact same thing we did a couple days ago.

After another really good lunch at The Plaza we head into Tomorrowland. My son keeps begging about the Speedway. So we wait 20 minutes and ride the cars. My son actually did way better this trip - not as much whip-lash this time.

It is now time to head back to the Castle for the Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique-- this will be DD first time there.....

As we begin our walk for the Castle DH runs off to get another fastpass (#3) for Big Thunder. I have told him no Splash Mountain today because I do not want to be wet and my DD will have her hair done at the point the fastpasses can be used.

cont'd

Last edited by Turtle31; 10-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #105
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day 8 cont'd

When we arrive at the castle we are taken inside by a hostess and we are seated in a little waiting area inside. Because I have brought my DD Jasmine costume with us we are taken to a small little dressing room area for her to change. Then we return to the seating area. There are two young fairy godmothers in training who play a trivia game with the little ones while we wait. I end up having almost all the answers -- and everytime the question is a harder one--they look to me for the answer.

The Package that I have decided to do is 54.00 and includes DD getting her choice of hair-do,make-up and nails painted.

After about 15 short minutes Princess Alexis is called to be tended to.

She is introduced to her Fairy godmother in training and begins to start to make all her beauty choices. I decided I would let her chose everything but I am secretly praying that she doesn't pick the hot pink hair extensions.

She choses the Disney Diva - with extensions that are very close to her own hair color (thank goodness ) and she picks pink polish and a couple Mickey Rhinestone Bobbi Pins. All very good choices. And the transformation begins.

The before:

The brushing and Dippity Doop begin,also another FGIT comes to help with the polish and make-up.

Once the process is well under way they call all the dads to the front of the salon. The Fairygodmother explains that in order for the dad's to help their little girls- they must first learn how to do the princess wave themselves, so they can then pass the knowledge on. It is hysterical watching some of these clueless dad's At the end they all get sprinkled with Pixie Dust and recieve a certificate.

After this is done, DD is getting the finishing touches and is ready for the big reveal.

The whole time everything is being done DD can't see what is happening. So when the big turn of the chair happens, they have a photopass photographer standing right there to catch the moment.

She doesn't even look like the same little girl --

After a couple more twirls in a mirror we walk out of the BBB - very happy. I was very skeptical about a 54.00 dollar non-haircut make-over. But it was one of the best experiences ever. Plus,when we leave they give DD a pink gift bag that has two combs,extra faces gems,two bottles of nail polish and a little paper that shows all the hair choices with the one she chose circled. Oh,yeah plus the make-up.

Just as we exit into the outer hall of the Castle- it starts raining. And I don't mean drizzling, it is coming down hard. Of course my DH puts on a poncho and runs for a fastpass (he is hard-core). Fastpass #4 for Big Thunder- I guess I know where I will be spending my birthday evening.

We wait for almost 45 minutes and finally the rain stops. Good thing too because I don't think one more person could have squeezed into the castle.
We head down main street to Exp.Hall so we can get DD pictures taken inside.
I had pre-purchased the photopass cd - so we wanted to make sure we ended up with plenty of photos.

From this moment on everywhere we go people are looking and telling DD how beautiful she is... and boy does she eat it up. I don't think we passed a mirror or window reflection for the next three days that she didn't check her hair in

After the photo shoot we head to the Monorail. Our dinner adr is for The 1900 Park Fare Cinderella Happily Ever After Dinner.

When we arrive we have our picture taken in front of a castle mural on the wall. Later during the dinner they try to sell this to us for around 30.00 but I did not care for the picture so we passed.
We are then given a pager and wonder around taking pictures of DD everywhere. She thinks she is a Queen at this point-- because princess just isn't enough to describe her !

Our pager goes off and we head back to be seated.

cont'd

Last edited by Turtle31; 10-29-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: