Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #751
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good morning everybody!

Ghost update first. The back door was open again this morning and the bathroom door was locked. Those little stinkers just like to play with everything.

Second, I hope to get a few more pictures posted today. My boss has a huge custody battle next week and I have stacks of papers all over my desk. I've got to get the whole thing organized by lunch since we close at Noon on Fridays. It's going to be quite a chore because the file in about a foot and a half high.

Tomorrow, we are driving over to Shreveport which is about 100 miles from our house. Why? Because I have to go to the Hallmark store there to pick up one, just one, graduation autograph album for Lacey's classmates. I found some on sale at our mall for just $2.47 each. They only had four. The other Hallmark store in Monroe had just 3 and they were full price, $9.95. The Hallmark store in Ruston (30 miles away) had 4 and they were 30% off. We only needed one more and the closest store that had one was in Shreveport. I really don't have a choice but to drive over and get it. I can't let just one person have something different than the others. Oh well, maybe we can go to the Bass Pro Shop while there and find John a couple pair of shorts. He worked in some of his shorts from last year and he's not wearing those to Disney now that they have wood glue and stuff on them.

Let me get busy with my file organizing so maybe I can at least get a small updated posted.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #752
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Love a road trip. Our Bass Pro is better. You might as well come up here. I bet we could find a book at one of our Hallmark stores.

I can't decide if I would want to get out of that spooky building or continue searching and try to find out what is really going on. I am no Nancy Drew.

I have to work till 5 today. Bummer. The Doc is on call this weekend so we have to stay and answer the phone. It only happens once every two months so I guess I will be a real adult and work or something like that. He leaves the office at 2. Gets pretty boring till 5.

Have a great day.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #753
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
excellent update and photos!!!!
Just added Conservation Station to our agenda too. Thanks again for sharing.
Definitely add it to the list. It's a nice place to get away from the crowds in the other part of the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Love a road trip. Our Bass Pro is better. You might as well come up here. I bet we could find a book at one of our Hallmark stores.

I can't decide if I would want to get out of that spooky building or continue searching and try to find out what is really going on. I am no Nancy Drew.

I have to work till 5 today. Bummer. The Doc is on call this weekend so we have to stay and answer the phone. It only happens once every two months so I guess I will be a real adult and work or something like that. He leaves the office at 2. Gets pretty boring till 5.

Have a great day.

Ginny
Well of course the Springfield location is a better Bass Pro Shop. It's the home of Bass Pro and it's an attraction itself. I've been to it several times.

I really don't mind driving over to Shreveport. There's a nice boardwalk area that has lots of stores and shops. Hunter is a great shopper and never complains. When he gets bored, he just pulls out his PSP.

I'm always on the lookout for star when in Shreveport but haven't seen anyone famous yet. Did you guys know that Shreveport, Louisiana is being called the southern Hollywood? They have shot many many movies in Shreveport. Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher made a movie there. I can't remember the name of it. It's the one where they were Navy seals. And Mad Money wasa shot there. Some Jessica Simpson flop was filmed there. There's supposed to be some movie in the works there right now. Oh, and Josh Brolin was arrested there last year.

I've got a little while before my friend from the Judge's Office comes over with some paperwork I left for one of the Judges yesterday. She is the one I helped plan a Disney vacation for. She fell in love with the Caribbean Beach Resort and is bringing me a "happy" a/k/a souvenier.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #754
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I have only been to Shreveport once that I can remember and that was many years ago. Have been to NO lots. I wish I lived near a cruise terminal I could cruise every month. Getting there is the expensive part. Or Disney then I could have an AP and go every day. Wonder how many times I could ride EE?
BTW: I did an update on my EE ride but it doesn't show on the board. Check it out when you have time.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #755
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

After taking a short bathroom break, on we went to see what kind of new creatures we could find on the Tree of Life. This was our first picture:

And, then, we found a trail that didn't have any signs or markings but we thought, what the heck, let's check it out. There was nobody else on the trail so we were able to take our time and really look at the details on the Tree of Life. The path twisted and turned and was just so much fun to explore. A few pictures:

See the black on this picture.....I later found out that that's a hidden Mickey. I think I have a picture of it from a distance. If I do, I'll post it.

Here we are in our ponchos:

We had been on the path for about 20 minutes before a castmember came walking along. She acted like she was surprised to see us there. I asked if it was okay for us to be there and she said absolutely. She even offered to take our picture.

In all of our visits to the park, we had never seen this walrus carved into the tree:

We continued along the path and every once in a while, we'd come across an animal enclosure with birds, monkeys and even large turtles. We came to the end of the trail and we were way on the other side of the tree. We turned around and we could see the walrus again so I took a picture of Hunter with him.

I could hear my cell phone ringing but it was in my backpack and I couldn't get to it before it stopped ringing. It was John. I called him back and he said he was about to leave the room but it was raining and he couldn't find his poncho. Hum? I had his poncho in the backpack. Hum? How was he going to get to the park without getting wet? Hum?

Me: You know you hate wearing a poncho anyway so just run to the bus stop and I'll meet you at the front of the park.

John: You've got my poncho don't you?

Me: Maybe.

John: Do you have the poncho or not?

Me: Yes, but you wouldn't have worn it anyway.

John: I'll be there in a minute. I'll be wet but I'll be there.

I hung up and told Hunter that we needed to pray that the sun would come out so his dad wouldn't have to walk in the rain from the bus stop to the park entrance. I'm not just saying that......we really did hold hands and pray. The prayer went something like this. "Dear Lord Jesus, let it stop raining so that Dad won't have to walk in the rain and he won't be mad that we took his poncho to the park with us while he slept in. Amen!" Not five minutes later, the rain stopped. The sun wasn't shining brightly but it did peak through the clouds a little bit as if to say "granted"

Off come the ponchos and we walk around the tree towards the Oasis. We saw Lilo greeting guests near the entrance to Camp Minnie Mickey and, since we had a bit of time to waste before John arrived, Hunter hopped in line to get an autograph.

Next up, sleepy head a/k/a John's arrival.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #756
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm such a dummy. Remember the hidden Mickey on the Tree of Life? You can see it in my first Tree of Life picture.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #757
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

I think that might be the kind of prayer that's actually answer by Walt Disney looking forward to more!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #758
akayek31
DIS Veteran

OK you have a ghost I need to actually go up to the tree of life next time. I just took a picture from the distance. I love your pictures of the details. Where was stitch? I thought he was always with Lilo. Great update can't wait to read more

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #759
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the Tree pictures. I find it most amazing. We too searched all of the animals out.

Yes HE does work in mysterious ways. Lucky for you. Or John in this case.

We love Lilo. Have pictures coming up of her too. I really wish I would read the book on my camera. I've only had it 2 years. If it were fiction I would have done it by now.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #760
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

OK, I was reading a trip report from someone (I can't remember who) and they said that if you wanted to read an excellent trip report that you needed to come over and read yours. WELL, I just spent the entire morning reading your report and I am LOVING IT!! I feel like that I am there with you guys on your vacation! While I was reading I had to pee, but I wanted to keep reading, so I brought the laptop with me to the bathroom!

I am loving the stories and descriptions of your trip. I think that it is great that you are able to remember your trip so well nearly a year later. I am almost tempted to post a report from our trip last Apr 2008 with 10 family members and 3 generations to WDW, especially since it was a first trip for the 4 girls and my bro in law and it had been 30 years since my parents and sis had been. It was an amazing trip for us all.

You also inspired me to do a count down calendar for our trip. I'll be heading out to Home Depot to get the mickey ears.

Looking forward to the next installment!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #761
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
I am almost tempted to post a report from our trip last Apr 2008 with 10 family members and 3 generations to WDW, especially since it was a first trip for the 4 girls and my bro in law and it had been 30 years since my parents and sis had been. It was an amazing trip for us all.QUOTE]

Not that I am Lisa and I don't mean to hijack. You should. TR's with lots of family are a fun read. Especially with newbies.

Ginny

Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #762
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Great AK report! Love the TOL pics. I've never been that close to it to see all the details. I did watch a special on TV a while back that showed how it was made. Very cool!

I'm loving that you and Hunter said an actual prayer right there in the park and your prayer was answered. Don't you just love "divine intervention?"

Cute Lilo pics with Hunter. He's such a cutie, anyways...

Oh, and I didn't see the hidden Mickey when you showed it on the close up, but I did scroll back up to the first photo and there it was! I never noticed that before!

Looking forward to more. Have fun on your quest for the lone autograph book!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #763
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
While I was reading I had to pee, but I wanted to keep reading, so I brought the laptop with me to the bathroom!

Lisa, this is quite the compliment!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #764
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I'm no animal expert but I think that was a manatee not a walrus.

I didn't post that because I wanted to say "Your Wrong." I just wanted you to know that I was paying attention!

-nat
Old 07-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #765
hhockman
DIS Veteran

GREAT pictures!

I'm LOVING that you prayed for sun right there in the middle of the park. Awesome! And I'll bet John was grateful.

That was a cool hidden Mickey. I've never noticed it before. I think we will take some time to look at the Tree this time too. Cole is very competitive so if I ask the boys how many animals they can find, we should have some fun.

Can't wait to see if John is Happy or Grumpy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: