Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #736
uprivermama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We had my brother-in-law's name for Christmas and he walks with a cane. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in my family wants to get my brother-in-law's name for Christmas. He is just really hard to buy for so I was glad to find something unique for him.

I bet everyone has this type of person in their "name-drawing" circle. I always get this person. And it's always a guy.

Laundry lovingly produced by DH , DS9 : & DS 11

DL 1984, 1991, 1996, 2003, 2005, 2007
Old 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #737
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Love these pics. Glad there were no pictures of snakes. I hate snakes and other things that crawl in the night. I know I've said that before but I really do. Except Mickey and Minnie. No other ones. If you get my drift. You will have to see if Hunter can find Mickey contacts. Then his eyes could match. I couldn't see them till you did the close up.

Quote:
Then, we visited Mr. Blue Booty himself....Rafiki
My grandson Alex calls him Blue Bottom Boy. I have a cute picture of him too which will be on my next trip report.

We will see if John makes it over won't we?

I have been busy today working. Darn it anyway. Not liking it one bit.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #738
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Great update.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't have made Hunter move to let the other children who were almost as tall as he was in front. That wouldn't have been fair. And then to have them misbehave like that. Seems they may take after their mother, no manners. . (sorry, I shouldn't have said that! )

Cute picture of Hunter in the alligator's mouth and I adore the hidden Mickeys.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #739
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Just loving this! Wanted to share an experience I had at AK when we were visiting the conservation station. We arrived at the station and there was hardly anyone inside, so we went in and walked around in the air conditioning! While inside they brought in a lion to work on his teeth! They were all wearing microphones and were right next to the glass! It was so cool! Of course the lion was out cold! It was the closest I have ever been to a lion! It was amazing!!! The things we get to experience in WDW!!! That is why we love it SO much & keep going back!!!! Can't wait to read more!
Oh my gosh, I would have loved being there for the lion. You are so lucky!

The little things like Hunter getting chosen for the streetmosphere show, Hunter's joke getting picked at The Laugh Floor, castmembers giving us free ice cream for our anniversary, are what make Disney so special to us. Never mind the fact that Hunter took his first five consecutive steps in the Magic Kingdom. I love Disney!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivermama View Post
I bet everyone has this type of person in their "name-drawing" circle. I always get this person. And it's always a guy.
Ugggg! I just hated it when I pulled his name out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Love these pics. Glad there were no pictures of snakes. I hate snakes and other things that crawl in the night. I know I've said that before but I really do. Except Mickey and Minnie. No other ones. If you get my drift. You will have to see if Hunter can find Mickey contacts. Then his eyes could match. I couldn't see them till you did the close up.

My grandson Alex calls him Blue Bottom Boy. I have a cute picture of him too which will be on my next trip report.

We will see if John makes it over won't we?

I have been busy today working. Darn it anyway. Not liking it one bit.
I didn't take pictures of the snakes 'cause I'm scared to death of them too. If they made hidden Mickey contacts, Hunter would be all over them. Heck, I would be too!

Looking forward to seeing the picture of Alex and Blue Bottom Boy.

John finally makes it over later in the day. Maybe in the next installment.

I know what you mean about being busy at work. I get stuff off my desk and it just gets put right back on. What's up with that?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #740
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love all the hidden Mickey pictures-- The one with Hunter in the alligator's mouth--too cute!!! Now, why don't I ever think of taking pictures like that.

We didn't spend too much time at Conservation Station because of the snakes, and DS's fear of them. I would have enjoyed spending a little more time there..oh well.

Glad you didn't make Hunter move for those other kids, especially if they were his size anyway....What was the mother thinking???

Old 07-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #741
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePin Princess View Post
It was good, just not what I had expect. Ever since my first trip we stayed in the Deluxe hotels, not that I would've known the difference and since it was a budget trip and my mom had heard great things about it on the DIS that we gave it a try. I wasn't disappoint but not what I expect.
I could see why it'd be hard to step down from a deluxe to a moderate. But, still you didn't have a bad experience at the CBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Whew! I've read your entire TR!

The ghosts are just plain spooky! My mom works at a university and the building she works in is haunted. Strange things have happened there both experienced by myself/my mom and heard by friends/coworkers. (She works at Monmouth Univ. where they filmed the movie Annie).
My goodness, you've had some serious reading to do. I've got to google the university. I wonder if it says anything about it on the world wide web?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #742
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

I love the pictures from AK - I think you might have put Conservation Station on our list!! Just the possibility of seeing something like that sounds cool. My grandfather was a veterinarian and would take in animals that he knew he could save but the owners couldn't or wouldn't pay for. So he had quite the menagerie when I knew him when he was little. He often wasn't that great to the humans in his life, but he was very good at what he did for a living!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #743
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

never noticed the hidden mickeys in the murals
I really really ned to go back...I usually see things like that...
traveling w/a tot was soooooo much different and my GF's son was so bad that when we left the mural we parted ways for about 30 min

great pics, I'm proud of you for telling that mom no---some people have all the nerve
like the lady who cut in front of Danny to get into Toontown at the rope drop
she deserved the stroller push --haha!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #744
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Great update.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't have made Hunter move to let the other children who were almost as tall as he was in front. That wouldn't have been fair. And then to have them misbehave like that. Seems they may take after their mother, no manners. . (sorry, I shouldn't have said that! )

Cute picture of Hunter in the alligator's mouth and I adore the hidden Mickeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love all the hidden Mickey pictures-- The one with Hunter in the alligator's mouth--too cute!!! Now, why don't I ever think of taking pictures like that.

We didn't spend too much time at Conservation Station because of the snakes, and DS's fear of them. I would have enjoyed spending a little more time there..oh well.

Glad you didn't make Hunter move for those other kids, especially if they were his size anyway....What was the mother thinking???
Hunter loves to pose for pictures and didn't care who was watching him when he put his pictures in the alligator's mouth. His favorite is the one where he's screaming.

There were other hidden Mickeys in the mural but these are all I got pictures of. Some of the other people were looking at us like we were crazy for taking pictures of the wall. They weren't seeing the hidden Mickeys at all.

I didn't feel one ounce of badness when I told the mother that Hunter wasn't moving back for her kids. Like I said, if they were small kids that he could have seen over their heads, maybe. But, no uh-uh, he wasn't moving for kids just as big as he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
I love the pictures from AK - I think you might have put Conservation Station on our list!! Just the possibility of seeing something like that sounds cool. My grandfather was a veterinarian and would take in animals that he knew he could save but the owners couldn't or wouldn't pay for. So he had quite the menagerie when I knew him when he was little. He often wasn't that great to the humans in his life, but he was very good at what he did for a living!
If you are the slightest bit interested in the "behind the scenes" kind of animal stuff, then you need to go over to Conservation even if it's just once.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #745
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
never noticed the hidden mickeys in the murals
I really really ned to go back...I usually see things like that...
traveling w/a tot was soooooo much different and my GF's son was so bad that when we left the mural we parted ways for about 30 min

great pics, I'm proud of you for telling that mom no---some people have all the nerve
like the lady who cut in front of Danny to get into Toontown at the rope drop
she deserved the stroller push --haha!
Oh girl! You've gotta go back to Rafiki's Planet Watch and look at the mural. The pictures I took are just a sampling of the hidden Mickeys. There are more.

There is no way I would have the nerve to ask somebody to let Hunter stand in front of them if he was, basically, the same size as the kids I'm asking to move. Just no way!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #746
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh girl! You've gotta go back to Rafiki's Planet Watch and look at the mural. The pictures I took are just a sampling of the hidden Mickeys. There are more.

I have cute pictures of Ashton in front of the mural!!

There is no way I would have the nerve to ask somebody to let Hunter stand in front of them if he was, basically, the same size as the kids I'm asking to move. Just no way!

Girl, I couldn't even ask for Ashton who is 36" tall! just could not do it... I would expect someone to look at me like I was crazy for askingthat is like the lady who walked in front of Danny at the rope drop; just because a person leaves a 6" space does not give an invitiation to walk in front of someone: Danny had said I was leaving room for the CM's to move the rope, I was trying to be considerate --
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #747
hhockman
DIS Veteran

LOVE all of the Hidden Mickey pictures. I really didn't know those were there. We will definitely be looking for them this time. I don't think we made it to Conservation Station last time (though I know I've been before...I don't think Christian has).

That was just rude for that lady to ask for Hunter to move back. Does she think he's not a kid too?

Looking forward to seeing John in the pictures!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #748
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I had no idea that mural had all those hidden Mickey's. Love it Maybe next time I'll buy one of those Hidden Mickey books and the kids and I will go on a hunt. Does Hunter like looking for them?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #749
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
LOVE all of the Hidden Mickey pictures. I really didn't know those were there. We will definitely be looking for them this time. I don't think we made it to Conservation Station last time (though I know I've been before...I don't think Christian has).

That was just rude for that lady to ask for Hunter to move back. Does she think he's not a kid too?

Looking forward to seeing John in the pictures!
As soon as you walk in the door you'll see hidden Mickeys! I thought that the lady had some giant balls to ask me if Hunter would love. But, I thought I had even bigger ones because I said no!

John makes an appearance soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I had no idea that mural had all those hidden Mickey's. Love it Maybe next time I'll buy one of those Hidden Mickey books and the kids and I will go on a hunt. Does Hunter like looking for them?
Oh my goodness there are so many hidden Mickeys in the mural. Hunter absolutely loves looking for hidden Mickeys.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #750
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

excellent update and photos!!!!
Just added Conservation Station to our agenda too. Thanks again for sharing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: