Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #1667
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love your latest update. What a great morning/afternoon at Epcot. I'm curious to see what happens with your luggage. You've got me nervous!

Congrats on the DVC ownership! I love DVC! My first three trips have been great. I figured my first trip rack rate would have been around $4500. That was 3 nights 1BR VEro and 5 nights 2BR SSR. My second trip about $750 (3 nights SSR studio) and my third trip was 2BR Kidani. Wigd.....Did you say $9000????? I have to check that? They say you generally get your payment price back in 4 - 5 years. I think I am on track for about 4 years. I'm going check that Kidani rack rate now.

LL: I wish I had a DVC package to send you. I'm telling you - look at those resales. They are nice prices right now!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #1668
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Quote:
Wigd.....Did you say $9000?????
Yes! 2br Dec 20-25th!

Quote:
LL: I wish I had a DVC package to send you. I'm telling you - look at those resales. They are nice prices right now!
I saw a BVC yesterday that I really wanted.....

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #1669
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Hooray for the DVC package
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #1670
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So I just had to share this picture before returning to our EPCOT day...

I already have a planner I guess (she is looking through the DVC guide)
Old 07-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #1671
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So I just had to share this picture before returning to our EPCOT day...

I already have a planner I guess (she is looking through the DVC guide)
Wait until you get the DVC magazines! The girls will be ALL over those!

Isn't the big book so much fun?? I really like the bag too. We forgot it on our last trip and neverrrrrrrrrrrr again. It is so sturdy and holds so much.

It's so strange they sent you the old planner!! I would contact DVC and ask for the new one, it has 2009 and an insert in the back for 2010.

The resale prices are just amazing. I SO want to add on (and so does Joe), but we want to pay this one off first. So, I gotta wait.... unless some Fuzzy Disney Math takes place sooner.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #1672
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Could someone send me a FAKE DVC package? *sigh*
Me too!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #1673
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
oh no! i hope emily got to see her later. pretty cool that you guys just ran into her though.

this is so sweet! i love that he went over there to see the little one that couldn't walk up to him.

this is such a great picture! the mulan we met last september was really great too.

Mulan was certainly one of the best princesses... Ariel though was tops though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You weren't kidding when you said you got there early -- you were right up against that rope!!!

Great character interactions and the girls look so cute in their princess sundresses.
We had some early arrival days... we always made rope drop, somedays farther back than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
great morning! Did you take advantage and get child swaps this year?? That was my kids favorite part last year ( they loved that Emma couldn't ride so many things).. you always have such great Epcot experiences!
We did child swap.. and often ended up with tons of passes, we gave quite a bit away and also my parents benefited too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
LOVED this update. We saw some of China, not all of it, so I liked seeing these photos. AND the girls looks so sweet in those dresses!! Your PTR showed the dresses but not them in the dresses, and what cuties they are!

Looks like a great day so far! Nice and quiet Epcot!
The dresses were a hit... we saw a few other girls in them, but had many parents stop and ask where they could buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, how I love the pretty glossy DVC stuff. I like that bag, too! I am imagining how good it would look in the car on the way to Disney! Thanks for taking the pics, Laura!

Sorry CP... I felt bad, but you asked. They have the best marketing... I am trying to figure out how to use the box at school for something... give me a disney touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
I have read it all and have thoroughly enjoyed.I have read too much tonight to comment on it all but I did want to say I love the girls' dresses that they wore at Epcot..Your kids are beautiful and I look forward to reading more.
Thanks for joining in.. I loved your old report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
There is a new planner, the 2009.

I would contact DVC to get it sent out, I can't believe they sent that one........ We've had our new one for a couple of weeks.
Talked to them today about our referral from our friends (I want them to get something) paid for part of our contract, and requested a new planner... they said it will be coming. I love the pics... as did Emily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
What a wonderful morning in EPCOT so far!!!! Do they open that Character Connection at the opening? I did not realize that! I might have to check that out! GREAT pictures! I can't wait to see who your Mom saw!!!!!
I cannot stress enough that going there first right at rope drop is awesome, not rushed at all (my dad was shocked at how many pics they took and how non rushed we felt)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Oh, how fun!! So it is going to be official soon, huh? That is so great. I'm so happy for you and your family.

When is your first DVC trip?!
I just realized that we need to decide soon when we are going, but I think you all will think I have eight heads when I say what we want to do next summer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I want my keys to home, school, church, car, etc. to look like these!
How fun!!!
Me too MeMom!

Quote:
Sorry LL, too cute to part with mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love your latest update. What a great morning/afternoon at Epcot. I'm curious to see what happens with your luggage. You've got me nervous!

Congrats on the DVC ownership! I love DVC! My first three trips have been great. I figured my first trip rack rate would have been around $4500. That was 3 nights 1BR VEro and 5 nights 2BR SSR. My second trip about $750 (3 nights SSR studio) and my third trip was 2BR Kidani. Wigd.....Did you say $9000????? I have to check that? They say you generally get your payment price back in 4 - 5 years. I think I am on track for about 4 years. I'm going check that Kidani rack rate now.

Ugg the luggage... be nervous. It was a very un Disney moment and phone call that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I saw a BVC yesterday that I really wanted.....

Feeling point poor???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Hooray for the DVC package
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wait until you get the DVC magazines! The girls will be ALL over those!

Isn't the big book so much fun?? I really like the bag too. We forgot it on our last trip and neverrrrrrrrrrrr again. It is so sturdy and holds so much.

It's so strange they sent you the old planner!! I would contact DVC and ask for the new one, it has 2009 and an insert in the back for 2010.

The resale prices are just amazing. I SO want to add on (and so does Joe), but we want to pay this one off first. So, I gotta wait.... unless some Fuzzy Disney Math takes place sooner.
I do promise we won't add on until I am back to work full time... so I won't even look...
Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #1674
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

That's got to be the very best Mickey mail there is.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #1675
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry CP... I felt bad, but you asked. They have the best marketing... I am trying to figure out how to use the box at school for something... give me a disney touch!
Don't feel bad, Laura! Sharing your excitement is the next best thing to actually owning!

Love little Em planning away with the DVC guide!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #1676
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great picture of Emily with her cute smile. Did she ever see Daisy on this trip?
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #1677
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

The people we rented points from for our upcoming trip just bought last year. They didn't want to pass it up, but didn't want to go back this year.

BUT...you did say last year that you weren't going this year....

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #1678
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did send something your way today, but sorry it's not DVC....or even fake DVC....

Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #1679
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:

Laura, those sun dresses are just darling!

How did Luke do with the characters? He looked a bit unsure about Pluto! You're getting to see some great ones... we've never even met Max! Can't wait to see "who's out" next!!

What a fantastic start! Soarin' and a near-empty World Showcase... I think I'm going to try to do the same thing and get to WS just as it opens. F&W will still be going on...

Kathy
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #1680
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Just ahead, along the pathway we could see Snow White! She is still number #1 for my girls and it was great to see her on our first park day!

Unfortunately Snow White was not an overly sweet princess, not nearly as nice as Mulan, which was kinda sad because the girls love her so. Oh well. Emily even wondered since Snow White gave her a kiss last time... but we have a great Snow White moment coming later this trip!

As we found the princess this day Emily made it a point to find them on her dress and show them. Belle, Aurora, and Snow White were all represented, as was Cinderella, but we did not see her this day.

We explored Germany... grabbed a pretzel for a snack to share as we proceeded on to Italy. Once there I made sure to check the menu ... we had reservations there later and I had never studied the menu... it looked good so we were set. As we headed on we got some lemonade slushies to drink (a favorite for the week) and explored the American Pavillion. We were going to see the American Adventure and enjoy the Voices of Liberty first....

I think this was probably my favorite thing we did the whole day. There singing just amazes me. It had been a few trips since I had heard them... and I am so glad we did. The kids all loved it!

Then stinker child moment came in... Hannah threw a fit about going to the American Adventure... boo! So I took her out, while the rest enjoyed the show. Once she realized that she gave up an AC theatre and everyone else went she realized she had made a bad choice.... but it was too late.

So we went over to Japan, explored and decorated the mask....and leisurely walked back the the American Adventure. We found my mom who had left with Luke... he was not a fan nor ready to go to sleep. Then my dad, DH and a sleeping Emily came out...but the nap was short lived. We explored more of World Showcase, Morocco and France before heading back to see if we could eat a tad bit early. It was getting hot and we needed to get inside, Luke had fallen asleep again, but we were hopeful we could at least get the stroller in their large lobby as we waited to eat. We all washed up a bit, and were seated about twenty minutes early- yea!

Tutto Italia gets mixed reviews, but for us it was two thumbs up! Our waitress was a doll, so pretty, she kept our drinks filled and brought us tons of bread, which my girls ate! Our table was in a corner, with a spot for a sleeping baby--- yes he slept the entire time! What a nice meal we had...

Everyone was happy with our food, desserts were good too. The best thing was we had just ordered our food when I noticed it was getting dark outside. I sent DH out to make sure that we had everything from the WDW stroller... and he got no more than back when the downpour began. Needless to say we took our time and were so thankful to have been inside and missed the rain!

Upon leaving we donned the ponchos... and headed to France to see

There are some great pics on the CD... I will upload once I get them. Belle and Aurora were simply wonderful. Belle had them pose sideways so cute and Aurora had them twirl... great interaction on our photopass pics!

My parents just loved to see the girls faces when they were with the princesses, especially Emily. It was too sweet!

We then hoped Jasmine and Aladdin would be back out...

Then onward we traveled around WS..... still in the rain...

The rain was getting in our way of really exploring... and so we headed back to Spaceship Earth, rode that and then knew we had done enough.... the kids were had. My parents stayed, with our Soarin FPs and Test Track FPs.... and we would see them back at CSR.

We dropped the stroller off, walked with two tired girls (Emily got saved by DH who carried her) and headed to the bus stop... and the bus pulled up. I struggled to shove things in the bag, we had the big stroller and three kids to handle. This was hard..... we had the huge stroller and not the extra hands for our first bus ride!!!!!
So I handed a big ziplock bag to Hannah to hold as we got on, while I carried the two bags and Luke. DH held the stroller. Fortunately he new we were to get off at Bus Stop 4, which was right beside 8A, our building. The remodeled rooms are beautiful, loved the doors to the bathroom, we stuck the pack and play in the corner there and could close Luke off so he could sleep.. and adjoining rooms saved us.... we had at least one child sleep in the room with my parents each night!

Two room pics...

The hidden Mickey on the mirror...

on the bed

We got off and headed to our room... no luggage-- so DH called. I took the girls to explore The Dig Site, and soon the boys met us, he said the bags were to be in our room in ten minutes. We kept on walking towards the main building El Centro.... and the rain hit! I was checking out the mug situation, and was told that I could use my mugs from the Contemporary with no problem... that CSR has their own mugs, but honors all mugs now...

Mind you DH had left the room with Luke in a stroller. Nothing else- no food, diaper, pacifer, bottle---- not something a mom does! We were stuck at El Centro with a tired and hungry baby. He had ate a little, but not dinner yet- so yikes! The girls were hungry too, so DH got them some Gelato in the Cafe Rix. (Side note #2--- DH brought the wrong room key when he left our room, he had our old Contemporary key so he could not pay for the Gelato, thank God I brought a key when I left with the girls).
I though left with a very unhappy and tired baby when the rain slowed... and headed back to our room for some dry clothes and PJs for Luke.

But there was still no luggage! It had been over a half an hour for sure, we were stuck in El Centro that long. As I called bell services our door was being knocked on and the bags arrived.... thank God!

He put them down fast and furiously... and left, I started to try to get Luke settled, when the bellman returned with another bag. (I know bad me for not counting... I did then)but I was consumed with Luke. I started unpacking and found our floor was rather wet and some bags were wet (my Vera Bradley Duffles)... but I assumed they got wet on the way over to our room.

As my parents returned to CSR we started unloading the rest of their car too and unpacking and getting kids settled and it was after ten when my mom asked me to come to their room and take a look---- she had a luggage piece with her shirts in it that were soaked! 8 soaking yes soaking shirts that you could ring out! These were in a bag that she had taken out of the car and had in our room at the Contemporary and somewhere (CSR) had let that bag get soaked! She did have one shirt that was dry, but pretty much her entire shirts for the trip were wet. So we began to hang them up, and I proceeded to call the front desk. It was getting late but they had to know about this, and since the bags were brought over in my name I had to call....

The manager was busy ( I asked to speak to one... and they said she would call me back). I asked for a return call in less than twenty minutes, because it was getting late and I wanted to go to bed. It was over twenty minutes and the manager did call back thankfully. I explained our situation and what had happened to the bag and that it was full of wet clothing. She offered to have someone come and get the clothing to dry, but it would take a while to have someone there --- it was late by this point. I said no, because honestly we were tired and wanted to go to bed. They did credit our room for the inconvience along the way, and we did talk to bell services the next day, but it damper my feelings about CSR. Our move over entailed more than they had said it would initially (ticket issues, luggage issues) and we were really tired when we unpacked that night, versus unpacking on a non park day.

As all this was unfolding, and I was getting stuff together for the next day (the girls, DH, and my parents had gone exploring so Luke could crash in the quiet) around 9ish I realized that I could not find a few things.... a formula dispenser, our two mugs from the Contemporary, my little TGM touring book, Luke's clip on fan, sunscreen) and realized that these items had been in the ZIPLOCK BAG---- the one I had entrusted to Hannah! I know not my brightest moment,but it just did not all fit!

So as I layed down to sleep that night... we were barely unpacked, had wet clothing and had already lost a bag.... and was wondering why I had taken my three kids to Disney and had six more days of parks ahead!

Up Next....What would Animal Kingdom bring?????

Last edited by IluvXU; 07-10-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: