Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #76
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your TR and pics. Thanks!

JasonDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #77
GGOOFY1
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR and the pictures

:Members since 1993
GGOOFY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #78
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

A picture tour

Since everyone is enjoying the pictures of the property so much I am going to put a bunch more to brighten your afternoon

We start by taking a walk through these doors : To OUR building - didn't you see my name on the door ?

Inside the doorway are these lovely pictures on both sides of the walkthrough:

As you enter you see this lovely table with flowers awaiting your return :

I like to think of this flower table as the middle of our wheel of choices. You know how the Imagineers love the wheel and spoke system.

If you turn to your right and take that path you will end up in "The Drawing Room" - please let your kids know that there are not any crayons and no drawing is actually being done

On the left side of the room is this Doll House:

This is also on the left side of the room:

Looking straight forward in to the room there is a tv and all sorts of little chairs to relax in :

Now we walk back out to the flowers and the center of our wheel. If we take the path to the left we end up going into "The Breezeway"

As you look to your left there are these small chairs for sitting:

Then we have a nice couch flanked by beautiful shelves:

Up above a painting of our beloved property:

The corner of the left side of the room:

This is the right side of the room :

If you walk through these doors in "The Breezeway" you end up outside at "The Quiet Pool"

Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #79
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

We now return to the flower table ( middle of wheel ) and we walk staight forward :

This will lead us to this beautiful arrangement on the wall in front of us :

On the left wall there is this picture:

On the right wall there are these elevators to take you to your Villa:

Before heading into our Villa lets stop by and look at the laundry room:

Even a place to sit and watch tv if you get dizzy from watching the dryer spin !!

If you are lucky enough to be in Villa #422
Here it is

Wow I don't know who is in this room - but it's a MESS !!
Note to SELF: Should have taken pictures before the tornado rolled through:

This is a picture of our balcony:

This is the view to the left :

View straightforward:

Down below:

And Paris France to our right:

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Paris !!!

Hope you all enjoyed the afternoon tour !!!

Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-07-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #80
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

When we were at BCV in May, there was a mother duck with 9 ducklings. I didn't see them in June, but I also forgot to look specifically for them. Did you see a mother duck with a huge family?

Bobbi
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #81
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I am so enjoying the tour. I wish we lived in a central, mountain or pacific time zone. We crash out so early when visiting Disney it would benefit us to live in a different time zone. I did live in CO one long, long year when I was first married to my EX-husband. I think I would enjoy CO much more now with my much better husband. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #82
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Great trip report! Thanks so much for the pictures. But boy does this make me home sick! I can't wait until October!

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #83
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

You know, we became BCV owners back in 2002, and I didn't fully appreciate that Drawing Room till last year. It was our last day, we got back from MK and really needed a place to call home for an hour or two, as we didn't have our room anymore. And we had to wait for Magical Express. Then we saw that room, and woola! we had a "home". It was heaven, it really was. I feel like it was our best kept secret, as nobody came in the entire time we were there, with our feet up, just waiting. The other awesome thing about that whole place is they have a beautiful restroom, right off the lobby! I swear, they thought of everything.

After this past trip, I loved that Drawing Room so much, that I emailed member services to please thank the imagineers that thought up that little piece of heaven that gives families a place to wait and call home for a little while. I LOVE the BCV's!!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #84
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
I love your report! I feel for you about your DH with the smoking-my DH tried the same thing while at Disney with much of the same end result although I will say he cut down significantly due to there being so few smoking areas. Your balloon ride looks awesome and is something we hope to try on our next visit.
I hope that you get to enjoy the balloon ride -it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
I'm enjoying your pictures!
I am glad you are enjoying them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney4us View Post
I love your trip report! It is so entertaining to read!!
Thanks for reading !! I am trying my best to keep it spicy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Thanks so much for posting the picture of the Movies on the Beach showings. I've gotta admit-I know the movies change every month and I hope they change again before I go in October. Last October they showed "Enchanted" one night and I was so thrilled because it's one of my favorite movies. A couple years ago they showed "Nemo" and "Cars". I wouldn't mind if they drag those out again.
The movies change every month I think, so I am sure they will change a couple more times before you get there. The one thing that I did not know is that the "Mystery Movie" night is actually a movie picked by votes of the guests. You can cast a vote all week long and then they tally them all up and then the movie in announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEeyore View Post
Another great update - thanks for the pics and report on the balloon flight. My DH really wants to do this but I am not sure it is worth the $$$. Sounds like a good thing to do once though!
Being honest, if I had paid out of pocket (instead of reward dollars) I might have been upset at how short it really is. But I thought if I didn't do it this trip that it may not be there next year. If there is just the two of you it will make it 32 dollars and I think that would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDVC View Post
Really enjoying your TR and pics. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGOOFY1 View Post
Enjoying your TR and the pictures
Glad you are enjoying it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
When we were at BCV in May, there was a mother duck with 9 ducklings. I didn't see them in June, but I also forgot to look specifically for them. Did you see a mother duck with a huge family?

Bobbi
Sorry we didn't see a family of ducks. Just one garden snake and a bunch of lizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I am so enjoying the tour. I wish we lived in a central, mountain or pacific time zone. We crash out so early when visiting Disney it would benefit us to live in a different time zone. I did live in CO one long, long year when I was first married to my EX-husband. I think I would enjoy CO much more now with my much better husband. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics.
The time zone diference does give us help with extra magic evening hours, but it does not help us get out of bed in morning ! We are generally night owls anyway. CO is the favorite plave I have ever lived -originally from Chicago. It was to flat and humid there for me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
Great trip report! Thanks so much for the pictures. But boy does this make me home sick! I can't wait until October!
I wish I was going back in October. Right now I am excited to be going to Disneyland with my family and my sister's family for this Christmas.

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-07-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #85
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed reading about the balloon ride in DTD. I am not a big fan of heights, but thought I might be able to handle this. I'm looking forward to trying it on our trip in October. We are staying at BCV--our first adults only trip. I am even more excited after seeing all your pictures. Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #86
dozerdog
Aye but were luved by our mommies and dads

Just found this thread. What fun!!! I was beginning to think we were the only DVC members west of the Mississippi. I love your enthusiasm, we are a new DVC family too and will be going "home" in Sept to the brand new BLT. I can comisserate with the rain issue in FL, it just doesn't rain that way here in the Rockies, although we have had more than our fair share here in UT this year. Keep up the posts, and good luck to DH with trying to quit. We are all behind him. Tell him if he gets the urge to light up just to log on to these boards, it will fill the time and it's pretty hard to light up while you are typing.

dozerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #87
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

absolutely the tour, can't wait 'til I get to take it myself only 11 more days!!!!!
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #88
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
You know, we became BCV owners back in 2002, and I didn't fully appreciate that Drawing Room till last year. It was our last day, we got back from MK and really needed a place to call home for an hour or two, as we didn't have our room anymore. And we had to wait for Magical Express. Then we saw that room, and woola! we had a "home". It was heaven, it really was. I feel like it was our best kept secret, as nobody came in the entire time we were there, with our feet up, just waiting. The other awesome thing about that whole place is they have a beautiful restroom, right off the lobby! I swear, they thought of everything.

After this past trip, I loved that Drawing Room so much, that I emailed member services to please thank the imagineers that thought up that little piece of heaven that gives families a place to wait and call home for a little while. I LOVE the BCV's!!
It was unbelieveable to me all the places to relax, and you never felt crowded by anyone. That was so nice. One afternoon I went into the drawing room to take some pictures and there was a gentleman laying on the couch, his laptop was on the table open and he was sound asleep !! I couldn't believe it. Then I thought ... this poor man he must have had enough of his family and moved out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I really enjoyed reading about the balloon ride in DTD. I am not a big fan of heights, but thought I might be able to handle this. I'm looking forward to trying it on our trip in October. We are staying at BCV--our first adults only trip. I am even more excited after seeing all your pictures. Thanks!!
My DH is also not a fan of heights. He wasn't a fan of rollercoasters either (now I have created a monster.) But he said it really wasn't to bad for him. The only advice would be look outward at the properties instead of down into the center of the circle that houses the balloon. Also bring a camera or camcorder and take pic/video - it will make you not think about the heights so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerdog View Post
Just found this thread. What fun!!! I was beginning to think we were the only DVC members west of the Mississippi. I love your enthusiasm, we are a new DVC family too and will be going "home" in Sept to the brand new BLT. I can comisserate with the rain issue in FL, it just doesn't rain that way here in the Rockies, although we have had more than our fair share here in UT this year. Keep up the posts, and good luck to DH with trying to quit. We are all behind him. Tell him if he gets the urge to light up just to log on to these boards, it will fill the time and it's pretty hard to light up while you are typing.
Thanks so much for your kind words. We have had some crazy tornado activity here in Colorado this year,along with our fair share of rain too. These days my DH is slowing down alot on the smoking - I think it will be good if he can taper off and then try to quit with the gum possibly. He has been reading the trip report at night to fall asleep - not sure if that is a compliment to my writing though !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
absolutely the tour, can't wait 'til I get to take it myself only 11 more days!!!!!
Only 10 more ------- I am so EXCITED for YOU !!!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-09-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #89
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

DAY 6 : Animal Kingdom
June 21st

Okay in order to explain this morning I need to back up to something I forgot to include in last nights close-up.

After we finshed our late dinner at Beaches n' Cream last night. My DH asked what the game plan was for the next day. I told him.. sorry but I have a breakfast ressie at Tusker House at 9:00am. He said "NO please no.. I can't get up that early again." And since it is father's day tomorrow I decide to wave the white flag on our adr. I told him sorry but I was thinking we only had one day for this park so I wanted to start early. Then I head to the the front desk to ask if there is any possibilty that we can get into the Cape May Cafe at about 10:00. There is a really nice (I think he was a manager) man named Chris. He tells me that the adr system closes down at 10:00pm and he can't check to see but he is positive he can get us in. He asks for my cell phone number, says he is in at 8:00am the next morning but promised not to call until after 8:30 to let us know if he can get us in. Great!
Next morning, 8:45 am my cell phone rings - it's Chris and he says - "Come on down and we will walk you over - the manager is taking care of it" - Thanks so much !! We get up head down and as I am standing there with my family waiting to be helped at the desk - a greeter (not Art) walks up and asks if we are the ***** family .. I say yep.... He says good morning to ya ... and says I am suppose to walk you over He walks us over and we are given a pager and seated shortly there after. I can not say enough about all the excellent customer service we were given to this point.

My dear kids and Goofy:

My Dear Goofy hubby and Goofy !!

After breakfast we head to the bus area and catch the bus for Animal Kingdom. OH MY LORD it is HOT. My DH reads his iphone... it says severe weather alert... the heat index is off the chart.. and you should not go outside unless you have to. Well, we are at Disney so I guess we have to But now looking back we shouldn't have !! I think to myself that at least Animal Kingdom is mostly shade.

When we arrive we are starting down a path, and my DD yells "Hey something just moved!" We stop and look, wow Divine- first time we have ever seen her. It was undescribable. She walked forward and made an arch for the kids to walk through.

If you look really closely to the left of the red flower area you can make out her face. We were amazed that my daughter noticed her.

Next we head over to Expedition Everest. My DD is all pumped up because she is tall enough to ride it. We have never been brave enough to do this one, but besides Tower of Terror it is the only ride we haven't done. So here we go. The stand-by line is only 20 minutes. So my DH grabs fastpasses and we wait in the stand-by line.

Here are some pictures of the museum of the Yeti as you walk through the stand by line:

We loved this ride!! My DD liked it but told me that next time she was riding with me because DH didn't hold her tight enough!!

The time to get another fastpass was very quick so we get another one and head away from here for now.

Immediatly we are roasting, so we head inside and see "It's tough to be a bug." Very cute - Philharmagic still my favorite though.

After this we wander around looking at a shop a bit. Then we meet up with some characters on the way towards The Tusker House.

Flik:

This terrible because I don't know this ones name: HELP !! (Tarzan )

We then head to the Tusker House for our 1:30 lunch adr. I love the look of the inside of the resturant, but the food just doesn't do it for me here. They do have a lot of the Disney standards and they have a few native dishes. I am very plain and scared when it comes to food, so it is probably more me than it is the buffet !! But at this point even DH says "I am so sick of buffets!!" I think we are just fooded out - if thats a word - and at Disney on Deluxe Dining I am sure it is a figure of speech that has been used a lot.

After lunch we head out and go towards Dinosaur. We are able to walk right on the ride. And because I am dying of heat exhaustion at this point, we ride it twice to avoid the outdoors.

After this my DH and DS decide they want to ride the Prime Evil Whirl. My DD is not tall enough, and I am greatful. We decide that we will ride the TriceraTop Spin. We only have to wait for the current ride to end and we are on. Oh my heck... the seats are burning hot !! What were we thinking. I swear I remember it like it was yesterday. We are waiting for the seat belt check and I feel like I am melting !! The ride is over and my DD is happy but it was so not worth the roasting. We head into the little store on the side and my DD suckers me into buying what was I believe maybe 12 starburst in a goofy candy bag - it cost WHAT... 3.00.. now I know my brain is fried !!
Okay DH and DS are back and now they are ready for Everest again !! Here we go .... 2 fastpasses each to burn up....

After riding we stop in the store and purchase a Yeti plush pillow ball for my DD who wants to remember how brave she was. And I am so proud of her, she is only 5.. and for sure she is very brave for going against the Yeti 4 times in one trip !! DS adds 20.00 dollars to his...Disney Racer calculator !!

We leave here and decide to go use our fastpass for Kali River Rapids. We all sit down on a bench and change into our crocs that have been in a bag hanging on the stroller all day. And head onto the ride. It was a blast. Me and DS get soaked !! And I am thinking, we should have done this sooner, I actually feel better now!

Here is where we really make a mistake. We are heading down the hill coming off the ride and we are unsure where to go. There is a sign - it says : "Exit only"- DH says oh here and we begin to walk... After walking for a while we see a couple people with a placemat looking thing and they are all looking for birds !! I say to DH - did you see that, they are on a bird watching hike. He says ummm .. yeah. And we walk and walk and walk. I am ticked... where the heck did you lead us too... Then we see the tiger, how pretty. And finally we come out a door. I turn around and look and indeed my DH has just had us do the Maharajah Jungle Trek backwards Gee I wonder if that's what the sign meant when it said "EXIT ONLY !!" - Okay I am at home in the A/C - so now I can laugh !
After this little excursion I am done. And we leave Animal Hot Kingdom without even doing the Safari.. because I feel like I am going to be sick from the heat.
On the bus on the way back to Beach Club, DH says "Maybe you were right about October"

We get back to hotel and collapse in the room for about an hour. Then I gather up strength and go with DS to the Marketplace. We fill up our mugs and rent Wallie because DH has never seen it.

At 8:30pm we head back down to Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. The kids are so excited to see that there is paper on the table and crayons. While DH goes to get his plate of food we take a bunch of crayons and write Happy Father's Day on the table and draw hearts and mickey balloons.

This will go down as my favorite Dinner Buffet. Did I mention the HEAT today !! The waitress at the Clam Bake asks us "What park did you go to ?" We say Animal Kingdom - she says "Oh lord- I used to work there- it's the hottest park there is." I am like what about the shade?" She then explains that because of all of the low lying plants it actually traps the heat and makes it HOTTER - plus most of the pavement is black and retains the heat !! I am thinking... no wonder... where was she yesterday with that info

At the buffet they had clam chowder and tomato bisque soup. A full salad bar with fruit and cottage cheese. Then fried fish,clams,mussels, and carved meats. Peel and eat shrimp and the best corn bread ever. Plus mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, asparagus and little red boiled potatoes. The food was all very good. For desert (no ice cream) cookies,brownies, chocolate mousse and my all time favorite the oreo mini bon-bon.
After dinner we head back to the room. Everyone showers because we are just gross from sunscreen and heat. Now we feel so much better, so we all hop on my bed and begin to watch Wallie... I don't even think I made it to the part where Wallie meets Eve and I was out !! My kids too ! First and only night we fall asleep before midnight !!

Next UP Day 7 Back to Epcot

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-09-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #90
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great photos! Love the detail!!!!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote