Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #61
staceyj2
Mouseketeer

Another yes here....We've been 8 times in the last 3 years and every trip has been different. We are still finding things we haven't done and new things to appreciate about Disney. I say go for it!
VWL 2/07 DVC purchase 4/07 DCL 5/07 First Trip "home" Oct/07 SSR 12/07 DCL 02/08 BCV 6/08 OKW 10/08 Offsite 2/09 AKV 05/09 BWV 05/10 OKW 10/10 AKV 02/11 Just Mom and the kids AKV 6/11 AKV 12/11 BWV 05/13 BLT 05/14
staceyj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #62
madisonwi
Love DisneyWorld!

ummmmm, going 3 times this year here! We were there in Feb. for land/sea vacation, then at YC in June- have the CR booked for Sept, but might change back to YC!

madisonwi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #63
selina4disney
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!

Sure. Have done that several times. From Minnesota, we were there in Sept, Oct, and Nov. in 2007. Went in August and October in 2008. Went in February and April in 2009.

Not sure when we get to go back this time, but I'M READY!
selina4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #64
palmtreelover08
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo..

Glad you took the plunge.. I'll be at the Pop the same time.. (plus some extra days!).. Hope the weather is great 4 us!
palmtreelover08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #65
Minnie1156
No apology needed, just wanted you to be sure to know that if you try to change your tags, you lose what I did
"What will be will be"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Need to know if I am insane or not. We returned from a fabulous trip to the world on the 25th of June. Had a GREAT 9 day stay at CSR, used the 4/3 deal and added a few days of course.

We have been going through the typical post Disney depression stuff, LOL, and I started poking around at the free dining offers. Well, I came to realize that we could do another trip before our daughter goes back to school, staying at a value, POP to be exact, 8 nights, with dining, for around $1455! I jokingly said to my wife we should book it, and she said, to my astonishment, do what you want!

OK, that sounds great, but I'm wondering, as I sit here with the deal loaded up on my screen, if anyone has done two trips this close together. If I booked the trip, it would be from August 24th or the 25th, through Sept. 1st or 2nd. (Basically 9 days, 8 nights again). I noticed, when trying to book, the hotel becomes available, then unavailable for certain periods of time, so I'm assuming people are looking, then not booking etc., kind of like me.

With that said, how would you feel about experiencing all the same things, all over again, within such a short period of time? Would it still be fun? Worth the money? Or would you take the 2K you would ultimately spend, and put it towards another vacation next year, possibly staying deluxe? We usually go once per year, and stay at the mods!

Thanks for any thoughts, or comments, and for not calling me insane!!!!

I would do another trip in two days. I can not go more then 6 months or I go crazy
1990 Carribean Beach 1994 Port Orleans 2000 Coranodo Springs 2003-04 All Star 2005-06 Pop Century 2007 Port Orleans 2007 All Star Christmas 2008 Pop2009 Animal Kingdom 2010 Carribean Beach Pop century 2011 2011All-Star Music DM DD 2012 riverside 2014 Pop Century w/DGS

Minnie1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #66
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

Well yes. Seeing as we were there for a week starting May 16th and am returning week after next for another week. Plus we there last Christmas and will be returning the first week of December. That's four trips in a year.

My Travel Pictures
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #67
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Howdy again! Just wanted to post a follow up, to my follow up, about finally booking this.

I was kind of concerned about getting dining reservations, being free dining, and only 45 or so days till the trip, but I think I did OK. I wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted, but I did manage to book a few places we have never been before, and at least get two character meals for the kids. (Even us big ones). Here's my, in less than 12 hours, vacation and dining plan:

Arrive Monday August 24th and check into POP:

Monday 24th - Open check in and swim day - 6:45pm rezzie at Trails end Cafe
Tuesday 25th - Magic Kindgom - 9:15am rezzie at Crystal Palace
Wednesday 26th - Epcot - 5:50pm rezzie at Tokyo Dining
Thursday 27th - Waterpark day - Leaning toward Typhoon Lagoon
Friday 28th - Animal Kingdom - 6:15pm rezzie at Tusker House
Saturday 29th - Hollywood Studios - 3:55pm rezzie at Sci Fi
Sunday 30th - Magic Kingdom - 5:55pm rezzie at The Wave
Monday 31st - Epcot - 6pm rezzie at Rose and Crown Pub
Tuesday 1st - Leaving day - open but a breakfast rezzie at Park Fare 10:05am

That covers it! The only one I'm not super thrilled about is the Sci Fi, but we have not been there in over 15 years, and the kids might like it. Trails End Cafe, Tokyo Dining, The Wave and Rose and Crown will all be new for us, so I think that will be fun too. We tend to go to the same places all the time, as we book early, and can normally get in anywhere. Booking this late is making us be a little more flexible, and hopefully we enjoy all of these, especially with the kids.

Well, off to planning the rest of this, including the drive down! It's kind of odd, in a good way, to be planning a trip this big, barely over a month away!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #68
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Well, we're heading down in 2 days (whoo-hoo!!!) and then back in September for a 3 night cruise and then 7 nights at CBR. So, I guess my answer is h*ll yeah!!! If you can afford it and take time off work, then I say definitely do it. Memories are priceless and you can't have too many of them.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #69
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

OF COURSE YOU SHOULD DO IT!!!! Did you really expect any other answers from the DISer's?! i think you will have a terrific time at the POP ... why wait and go to a delux?! thats a really good deal ... and really, how much time do you spend in your room? dont get me wrong, i think everyone should stay in a deluxe at least once ... but you scored a great deal .. and like everyone else has already said .. you never have the same trip twice!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #70
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreelover08 View Post
Glad you took the plunge.. I'll be at the Pop the same time.. (plus some extra days!).. Hope the weather is great 4 us!
Thanks, and cool! Hoping the weather is good as well, but considering we survived 98+ degree daily temps in June, along with some seriously heavy rains, I'm figuring we can handle most anything!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #71
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Good for you!! Way to feed the obsession!

And asking "will you get tired of Disney" is like asking "will you get tired of ice cream"... not going to happen!

Your itinerary looks great and it looks like you have been able to score some great dining. I love Tokyo Dining and I wouldn't be too turned off by Sci-Fi. I know it gets a bad wrap around here, but I think the atmosphere more than makes up for the OK food. I like lunch there better than dinner because I think they do fine sandwiches and burgers.

Have a great time!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #72
kellieb71
Mouseketeer

In a heartbeat! My DH and I often joke we'll just hide in the closet at our DVC so we don't have to go home.

Last year we went in Jan/May/October.
This year, we did DL in March, and WDW is planned for December.
Next Year, we're already booked for Feb and October, and plan on sticking some extra time in there at BLT.

It's an addiction I tell ya! That fairydust
kellieb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #73
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Good for you!! Way to feed the obsession!

And asking "will you get tired of Disney" is like asking "will you get tired of ice cream"... not going to happen!

Your itinerary looks great and it looks like you have been able to score some great dining. I love Tokyo Dining and I wouldn't be too turned off by Sci-Fi. I know it gets a bad wrap around here, but I think the atmosphere more than makes up for the OK food. I like lunch there better than dinner because I think they do fine sandwiches and burgers.

Have a great time!
Hehe, thanks.

Oh, BTW, regarding the dining. My wife decided to switch the SciFi res for an opening at 50's prime time when it became available. She thought it might make things a little easier with our younger child who still uses a high chair. Made me feel a bit better as the reviews for the prime time, which we have never dined at either, seem to be a little better.

- Dr. Seuss

Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #74
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

2008 Trips

Jan
Aug
Sep
Oct
Dec
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #75
phisigprincess
Finally a vet!
Another Simba Fan
Hooray for babies!
Congratulations!

Glad you went for it!! 2009 has been the most I've ever visited WDW in one year. I was there in January, and we'll be back in October and December. My dad is concerned that he might get sick of WDW, since we'll be there in Oct and then again in 5 weeks. I'm out to prove him wrong.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: