Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
polineedyan
DIS Veteran

Boy are yooooou in trouble. You have just fallen into the 'loop'.!!
We went for the first time, last June. Lordie, what a time we had. Of course, I came back with cash in hand, and promptly got online, and much like you, I found very cheap airfare around the holidays in december. I booked a room only at csr for about 100 bucks a nite. 3 nights. My wife's friend lives near tampa. she hadnt seen her in over 10 years. that was my IN!! Got a car rental code, rented a car one day and drove from CSR to tampa. Bought a batch of one day tickets, and spent another day at epcot. On that trip, we only went to the parks ONE day! And it was a blast.
So..naturally, when we got home, I got hit in the face with the 4/3..well, how can you beat that?! So this past june, there we were, a week at ASMU..
Now, as I sit here, airtran has 85 dollar one way tix to orlando in december..what to doo...what to do..
A wise man once told me 'the antidote for depression is action, my friend..'
So, if you are depressed about not being there...better take some action.
I, on the other hand, have to find a cheap way to carpet my house, then its back to disney!!
My own piece of personal experience..: When your wife says do what you want, its because thats what SHE wants..

Last edited by polineedyan; 07-07-2009 at 08:39 AM.
polineedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #17
Tigger79
Mouseketeer

We didnt go back to Disney within two months but we went back soon after our Christmas trip. We were there over Christmas and I came home from a date with my boyfriend one night in January and my family had book a trip for the 1st week of April! That was just over 3 months and we were going back to Disney. We had a great time in April even though it seemed like we were just there. Go for it if you have the vacation and the money! You only live once,right???
Tigger79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #18
tractortippin
Mouseketeer

Sorry to be another "un-helpfull" person but I WOULD SO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think it would be too soon for me!!!

Let us know what you decide!
tractortippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
SOnotLayuh
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

omgosh, I would go back in a heart beat if I could afford it.
| ASMo 05.05 | Offsite 05.06 | Pop 05.07 | Pop/CSR 07.08 | AKL 07.09 | AKL 04.10 | Dolphin 07.10 | Offsite 09.10 | CSR 11.10 | WL CL 02.11 | DTD Hilton 05.11 | CR CL 9.11 | BWV 10.11 | CSR/BLT 03.12 | AKV/BWV 05.12 | SSR 08.12 | AKV 10.12 | BLT/SSR 12.13 | AKV 03.14 | AKV CL Disneymoon 10.14 |

SOnotLayuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
danissmart
Mouseketeer

Go for it, and if you are looking to get talked out of it, look elsewhere. I would go once a month if I had the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywaywaver View Post
If you can afford it, go for it! I'm sure there is something that you didn't get to see, so here's your chance. My feeling is that life is very uncertain. If Disney is offering a deal (with dining? Wow!), and you can take advantage of it, I would in a second. That is a fantastic deal and I think I might have to push you out of line to get to it too LOL.
It's funny, but every time we discuss any kind of non-Disney vacation, Disney still winds up weaseling its way into our possibilities. Now you're going to make me go look!
ETA: You DO realize you asked the worst group of enablers out there, right?
That ALWAYS happens with us, we start looking at the caribbean, or a cruise, or whatever, and then before we know it, our dvc book is open and we are saying, well, it will only be this many points, lets go back to disney. And we have yet to regret the decision.
danissmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #21
Debbie Jean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
You guys are of no help you know!

Seriously, I guess I'm looking to the wrong group to tell me "not" to go!

This is really going to drive me nuts. I really, really, could get into going again, and this "deal" is hanging out there like a carrot just begging me to take it. It's not making it easier that I have the time to take off, my wife doesn't work, so no issue there, and the kids are not back in school until mid Sept.

Doh, decisions, decisons! I'm thinking the only issue I might actually run into is getting dining reservations. I did some poking around on the Disney site, and while there are things available, the pickings look fairly slim if I would want to be choosy on where and what days to eat their.

Thanks again for making me realize I'm not the only looney one out here.
Well, I was there in May and as you can see from my sig I'm returning for another stay this Sunday... then doing FD with DD(23) in August and MNNSHP in October

Actually going more frequently, I think, is great because you don't have to feel rushed to fit things in... have a nice pool day, go to a water park, enjoy DTD and maybe rent a boat, eat at different resorts, etc.... to me it's really a relaxing way to enjoy Disney

Besides, us northerners have to enjoy the sunshine and warmth while we can, right?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #22
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Jean View Post
Well, I was there in May and as you can see from my sig I'm returning for another stay this Sunday... then doing FD with DD(23) in August and MNNSHP in October

Actually going more frequently, I think, is great because you don't have to feel rushed to fit things in... have a nice pool day, go to a water park, enjoy DTD and maybe rent a boat, eat at different resorts, etc.... to me it's really a relaxing way to enjoy Disney

Besides, us northerners have to enjoy the sunshine and warmth while we can, right?
You got that right, regarding enjoying the warmth while we can! I cannot believe how cool it has been up here. My wife and I took the kids swimming this past Sunday at Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown. It was 80 degrees, but the water was COLD, and frankly, NOT comfortable for getting wet!

What is up with that!!??

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #23
SFD998
Mouseketeer

We went on Oct 22-27, returned in Dec from the 6th - 10th, returned again Feb 14th - 20 and again in Apr from the 13th - 18th.

We are currently going through withdrawals, because we won't be back until October. However, we are considering a late August trip.

That being said we obviously would go back that quick and don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #24
Debbie Jean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You got that right, regarding enjoying the warmth while we can! I cannot believe how cool it has been up here. My wife and I took the kids swimming this past Sunday at Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown. It was 80 degrees, but the water was COLD, and frankly, NOT comfortable for getting wet!

What is up with that!!??
Oh, I totally hear you! I think it's probably been so cool that the water simply hasn't warmed up... normally they wouldn't need to even think about heating it but this has definitely been the summer that wasn't

All the more reason to get some of that good Florida sunshine and a little Disney warmth
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #25
thruthelookinglass19
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if it would be considered "extravagant" to go three weeks after our vacation in October? Glad to see we aren't the only "crazy ones!!!"

My mom and I go for my birthday every year at the end of October. . . this year she's been saying "Why do we go for YOUR birthday every year??" (Yes, we are two grown women who act like we're 5 when it comes to all things Dis ) So, I'm thinking of surprising her for her birthday - November 22!! LOL!!!!!
Offsite 1996 * Pop Century 2006 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2007 * All Star Movies 2008 * Port Orleans Riverside October 2009 * Pop Century November 2009 - What a surprise!! * D23 First Anniversary Party All Star Music March 2010 * Disneyland September 2010 * Port Orleans French Quarter October 2010 * All Star Music (Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary!) May 2011 * Disneyland's Paradise Pier October 2011 "A Trip to Remember!" * Pop Century March 2012 *

thruthelookinglass19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #27
LIBLULA
Mouseketeer

I would definately do it!!! Last August we stayed off-site in a villa for 2 weeks. Then I surprised my DD9 with a trip in September with free dining! It was awesome!!!! I couldn't get my husband to go to free dining--Disney once a year is enough for him.

LIBLULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #28
teddygurlkeekee
Lovin' life, as his wife.

My hubby and I took our "honeymoon" (it was a year after we got married) this past April. We used the military deal and stayed 6 days and had an absolute blast. Well my birthday came up in May and I decided I HAD to go again so we did the 8 hour drive again to go for ONE DAY. The second time we brough my mother and my stepson. I had a blast even for that one day..

I say, if you have the money to do that again (without hurting any bills or savings of course) GO FOR IT! Life is about memories you have with your family and loved ones. Life isn't about saving for the rest of your life until you are too old to do anything, and it isn't about saying "we will someday."

You are never too old or crazy to do Disney. :D

April 2009.... ASMo - First time to Disney World for us both! Thanks to military deal!
May 2009.... Off Site - last minute trip for my 21st birthday!!
January 2010.... Off Site - Celebrating Hubby's midtour!!
teddygurlkeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
lessit
Earning My Ears

I'll help ya! No, I wouldn't do it. There's far too much of an instant gratification or "I deserve it" mentality here and in society. I do think there is a small age range where kids are open to the wonderment and magic of Disney - which supports the return theory but, I think a year or so between trips keeps in fresh and special. Teaches kids a lesson about saving, patience, and priority setting.
lessit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #30
schmoopypoo
Countin down the days

Quote:
You guys are of no help you know!

Seriously, I guess I'm looking to the wrong group to tell me "not" to go!
I was just going to say "you're asking the wrong bunch cuz we are all going to say...YES, DO IT!"

We do go every year, not multiple times, but if we could, we would, so why not. And with free dining, I'd definitely say go for it. The price is right and it's Disney!! We're doing free dining this year and the only thing I noticed when making my reservations was that anytime basically between 6-8 was impossible. So all our reservations are between 4 & 6, which was fine with us. So good luck and hope you decide to go

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: