Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Question Would you do a 2nd trip within 2 months of returning?

Need to know if I am insane or not. We returned from a fabulous trip to the world on the 25th of June. Had a GREAT 9 day stay at CSR, used the 4/3 deal and added a few days of course.

We have been going through the typical post Disney depression stuff, LOL, and I started poking around at the free dining offers. Well, I came to realize that we could do another trip before our daughter goes back to school, staying at a value, POP to be exact, 8 nights, with dining, for around $1455! I jokingly said to my wife we should book it, and she said, to my astonishment, do what you want!

OK, that sounds great, but I'm wondering, as I sit here with the deal loaded up on my screen, if anyone has done two trips this close together. If I booked the trip, it would be from August 24th or the 25th, through Sept. 1st or 2nd. (Basically 9 days, 8 nights again). I noticed, when trying to book, the hotel becomes available, then unavailable for certain periods of time, so I'm assuming people are looking, then not booking etc., kind of like me.

With that said, how would you feel about experiencing all the same things, all over again, within such a short period of time? Would it still be fun? Worth the money? Or would you take the 2K you would ultimately spend, and put it towards another vacation next year, possibly staying deluxe? We usually go once per year, and stay at the mods!

Thanks for any thoughts, or comments, and for not calling me insane!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

I would return within 2 days of a vacation, so perhaps I'm not the best judge, but my thoughts are if you can afford it without taking away from something more imporatant, than I would go for it. Of course, its easy to say that when its not my money

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Omg, we have done it already 2 times this year and have 2 more trips planned. We always go for FD in September. So, that was booked since 2008. 4/3 deal came out and we went in March. Decided with 4/3 and going in September what the heck lets buy AP's. So, again went in March did buy AP's. Decided we have AP's why don't we go in June....so we did. We have less than 9 weeks and we will be there in September and I'm planning a December trip. We have a 9 and 11 year old and they act like it's their first visit evey year. So, for us doing the same things always has a different experience.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

YES!!! I'd go back in a heart beat if I had the $ and the time. We tend to take DD out of school to go so doing it 2 months apart is out for us. We do go 6 months apart however. As for doing the same thing over again. We have been 15x's now. Never had the same trip twice and still haven't done it all. You could take a more relaxed trip and tour some of the other hotels. Plus seeing you normally stay at a Mod. it would be different staying at a value. Good Luck and go for it!

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
skywaywaver
DIS Veteran

If you can afford it, go for it! I'm sure there is something that you didn't get to see, so here's your chance. My feeling is that life is very uncertain. If Disney is offering a deal (with dining? Wow!), and you can take advantage of it, I would in a second. That is a fantastic deal and I think I might have to push you out of line to get to it too LOL.
It's funny, but every time we discuss any kind of non-Disney vacation, Disney still winds up weaseling its way into our possibilities. Now you're going to make me go look!
ETA: You DO realize you asked the worst group of enablers out there, right?

GOH Disney Village Resort 06/89; Port Orleans 2/96; ASMusic 8/98 & 8/01; ASMovies 10/03; OKW 10/04; WL 10/05; Poly/OKW 12/07; BLT/Poly 1/10; VWL 11/10; OKW 8/11; BWV 8/12
skywaywaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

One year we were there for Father's Day. In August I found a terrific airfare with SW....just couldn't let it go. So, got a room at POP and headed down less than 2 months after that June trip.
Then, there was the year we went over Labor Day weekend. And I returned for the end of Sept to say goodbye to Pleasure Island..at least as we knew it.
Or the time I went down in early Dec and then returned in mid-Jan.
Obviously I have no problem with returning shortly after one trip.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

If your whole family is behind it, I say, "Why not?"!!! You may have just discovered the cure for the post-Disney blues!!!

Shannon
ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
december14disney
December Magic

I would! I have gone back within 3 weeks of returning. hehe

Why dont you make this trip a little different? See more resorts...spend more time Downtown or by the pool...etc. Disney can be a whole new trip everytime!
08/10 Trip with 30 friends!
10/10 at Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas!

Proud member of the Kidani Club and proud DVC owner!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
december14disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
smylie1
DIS Veteran

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!
smylie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Absolutely!! It's really funny that you are asking this because our family is asking ourselves the same question. We went in June with the 4/3 deal and added 2 nights - we stayed at POR. We ended up cutting our vacation in half because my grandmother ended up in the hospital with heart failure. We are thinking of doing a redo trip with the August offer. We really want to do the free dining, but I go back to college on the 24th of August so it won't work for us. We are also considering going back for Christmas. Disney has complete control of our lives!!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #11
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

You guys are of no help you know!

Seriously, I guess I'm looking to the wrong group to tell me "not" to go!

This is really going to drive me nuts. I really, really, could get into going again, and this "deal" is hanging out there like a carrot just begging me to take it. It's not making it easier that I have the time to take off, my wife doesn't work, so no issue there, and the kids are not back in school until mid Sept.

Doh, decisions, decisons! I'm thinking the only issue I might actually run into is getting dining reservations. I did some poking around on the Disney site, and while there are things available, the pickings look fairly slim if I would want to be choosy on where and what days to eat their.

Thanks again for making me realize I'm not the only looney one out here.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

Reservatins will come and you can try something different this trip - we were able to make 3 trips in 2 months - my DH had a meeting to help with one trip and we leave again soon - go while you can life is short and those memories are harder to get as they get older.

Go! Enjoy! Then tell us all about it!
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Without evening thinking about it!!!!! The only way you will know if it's too much Disney in too little time is to Give It a Try!!! What's the worse that could happen?? It may give your family a chance to take the parks at a more relaxed pace, enjoy visiting other resorts, play some mini golf, go to the water parks and eat at different restaurants than you normally would. Of course if it were my family we would still be hitting the EMH first thing and staying untill our feet were about to fall off

This may be the only time you have a chance to do this, go ahead HIT that send button and enjoy your trip.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
PattnFmly
DH drove me crazy last night! 'cause he was so loud!

I'm no help either ... but I'd go for it! Couple years back I went for 10 days with family in October for halloween, then went in January for a week with my best friend. If I had the money, I'd go twice every year!

With Family & Friends: 1976, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2007, (2009)
With wonderful, loving DH & DS's: 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
PattnFmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #15
palmtreelover08
DIS Veteran

Do It..

I booked bounce back last August for a 14 night trip the end of this August/start of Sept. Then decided to make good use of my annual pass and the 4/3 offer and went the middle of June for a week.. and I booked a 3 night trip in Dec., just so I can see the Christmas lights for the first time! If you can afford it..I say do it!

I feel like that old drug pushing commercial..saying "It will make you feel good"...
palmtreelover08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: