Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #991
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Heidi!!!

so awesome about your solo Disney trip...I wish I could be part of that party, but it will be fun to hear all about it when you get back. Kinda fun to do the last minute, book, flights ADR thing huh?

reminds me of our trip in March.

Back to your TR>>>>

I knew you were going here next!

glad for the most part Liam enjoyed himself, that is so cute how he liked the Petting farm and goats.

great picture of the hidden mickey and I will have to visit the restrooms here on the next trip to find out what is so funny!

as always looking forward to more!

J-
Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #992
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Heidi your trip sounds so much more relaxing than mine is planned to be. Wonder if my family would be mad if I ditched them? Have fun with all your DISmeets, I know I'll be on the lookout for any familiar faces. I think we'll be at DHS on the 3rd too - race you to TSM!
My plan is to get a Fastpass for TSM and then go in the regular line.....I so want to see Mr. Potatoe Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Congrats on the upcoming trip!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Congrats on the solo trip Heidi... you're sure to have lots of fun with all the other Disers that will be there! I'm only sorry that I'll be missing you...

Kathy
I'm sorry I'll be missing you too....but I don't want to leave the kids for Halloween and I have no desire to be there for Jersey Week based on the UG crowd levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Happy 90 Days!!

There are advantages to quickly planned trips.....they come a lot quicker!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #993
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I remembered you telling me about the bathrooms at Rafiki's -- you were right -- very funny!

Liam is too cute with brushing the goats! I am glad he got comfortable enough to do that!
We weren't in a rush so he took his time getting comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Liam looks adorable with the goats! Too bad he wasn't getting comfy with the characters.
I think it was the 7 foot Goofy the first night that killed it for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
Liam was so cute with the goats! I'm glad he enjoyed that part of the trip. I love Jiminy Cricket! Maybe we'll get lucky and catch him when we're there. Gonna have to check out the funny bathrooms...
I think Jiminy Cricket is a regular there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Oh my goodness, those pictures with Liam and the goats are precious, he looks like he is having so much fun!
We were there for quite some time....what was nice too was that he was able to walk around on his own- out of the stroller. With a toddler you have to jump on those times when they are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
You know how many times we've been to the Animal Kingdom and never done this? I think I should put it on the list for this year. It looks like Liam had a lot of fun playing around, totally comfortable with the goats.
I think the whole area out there is great for toddlers and pre-schoolers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww I love the pictures of Liam with the animals, it looks like he was having a great time!!! You know I don't think I have ever been out to see the petting zoo...hmmmm I will have to reconsider that!
It's a nice break from the heat and the crowds at AK if you need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I remember the Conservation Station! Dh and I had explored this on our honeymoon and thought it was cute. I wanted to bring our girls back there but we just ran out of time

Oh and we did happen to make a pit stop there and the bathroom humor was quite funny! Dh and I got a good laugh out of it!
It does take a bit of time to get out there and come back but I've never had to wait more then a few minutes for the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Awww!

Just give Liam a few years... He'll start preferring girls in short dresses over a bunch of goats!!

Kathy
Hopefully he doesn't try to brush their hair !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I've never been out to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I have a lot of exploring to do at AK! Liam is adorable with the goats.
Got to try everything once I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
How sweet! My boys enjoyed brushing the goats, too.
And it's nice that the goats can get away from the kids if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That's cute. I love goats! I have to remember this place exists, I think Henry would love it like Liam did. And a train ride to boot!
Henry would love it there....you'll need to plan for it next trip. It's a great place for little ones to get out of the stroller and burn some energy.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #994
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Heidi!!!

so awesome about your solo Disney trip...I wish I could be part of that party, but it will be fun to hear all about it when you get back. Kinda fun to do the last minute, book, flights ADR thing huh?

reminds me of our trip in March.
-
I can see a solo trip in your future. I'm finding booking at the 90 or so day mark a lot less stressful.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #995
MRYPPNS

Our next stop was the Maharajah Jungle Trek....we had just missed the start of the Bird show which was too bad because I thought Liam would have been ok with that.

Here are some pictures from our walk from Africa to Asia.

This is one of the boat docks from the old river boat attraction....from what I've read it didn't last long.

There is some seating there so look for this sign on the main walk-way if you want to check it out.

I don't know the name of this animal but it looks to be 1/2 Panda Bear 1/2 Ant Eater!

[Danica needs to be fed so I will continue later.]

Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #996
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I can see a solo trip in your future. I'm finding booking at the 90 or so day mark a lot less stressful.
that would be cool....but most of my kids are too aware for me to sneek away to Disney w/out them. But I am so looking forward to our 15 yr anni trip in 2011! Someday I'd love to do a girls Dismeet trip like you, how fun! Though I don't know if am as cool as you to advneture out on my own....

yes the planning of an under 90 trip seems like it would be crazy, but I think it was less stressful too....

Quote:
This is one of the boat docks from the old river boat attraction....from what I've read it didn't last long.

There is some seating there so look for this sign on the main walk-way if you want to check it out.

I didn't know about that...you are a wealth of the Disney buzz!

[Danica needs to be fed so I will continue later.]
understnad....my kids are waiting on me too....

how is Danica (DEW) doing anyways? getting big I'm sure
Old 07-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #997
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your trip. I hope you have a great time. I love the pictures of Liam brushing the goats. We have never been to that part of AK before.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #998
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is a gorgeous photo!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #999
MRYPPNS

Back to our trek....the Maharajah Jungle Trek....

I love the bats....I think their wings are the coolest thing....

Viewing the Tigers is the only time I had an issue with other guests being rude and hogging the windows and cutting in front of me. And they were pulling that 'I don't speak English BS'. I hope a Dirty Bird pooped on them...you know Karma and all.

I guess we all take a picture of this....don't we Jackie?

Hidden Mickey alert....actually this one is really easy

I so wanted to take this for a spin around the block.

More Dirty Birds. (If you have no idea why I keep refering to Dirty Birds then you must read KathyRN's November 2007 TR, the Dirty Bird story is pee your pants funny!)

I think my Robins would love this house.

DH loved how this vine attaches itself to the tree.

Time for lunch.....up next

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #1000
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
that would be cool....but most of my kids are too aware for me to sneek away to Disney w/out them. But I am so looking forward to our 15 yr anni trip in 2011! Someday I'd love to do a girls Dismeet trip like you, how fun! Though I don't know if am as cool as you to advneture out on my own....

yes the planning of an under 90 trip seems like it would be crazy, but I think it was less stressful too....

understnad....my kids are waiting on me too....

how is Danica (DEW) doing anyways? getting big I'm sure
Traveling solo is made that much easier by going to someplace that I know so well.

Danica is wonderful....2 months old now....smiling and cooing and doing really well with holding her head up and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Congratulations on your trip. I hope you have a great time. I love the pictures of Liam brushing the goats. We have never been to that part of AK before.
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to my trip.

So much to explore at AK and they havent' even built that Beastly-land yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
This is a gorgeous photo!
Thank you. The even better ones are still to come.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #1001
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Wonderful update, thank you! I find it totally amusing that you and Jackie managed to post virtually the same photo. And I get to read about bats twice this week, go figure.

I'm loving all these Animal Kingdom pictures.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #1002
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Heidi!! Just read your update from Conservation Station... it brought back some bad memories for me... I'm glad Liam did flip out with the goats because we had some BAD goat experiences with Alex. The first time was when he was a toddler and we went into a little goat petting zoo - he was really scared - I just assumed it was because they were bigger than him. He is still scared to death of them - and all animals for that matter. When we went on a field trip in Kindergarten, he said he wanted to go into the goat area, but he ended up trying to climb up on my shoulders! We won't be visiting any goats anytime soon!

Now on to your next update!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #1003
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love the bats....I think their wings are the coolest thing....

Those bats freak me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Viewing the Tigers is the only time I had an issue with other guests being rude and hogging the windows and cutting in front of me. And they were pulling that 'I don't speak English BS'. I hope a Dirty Bird pooped on them...you know Karma and all.

Quote:

Hidden Mickey alert....actually this one is really easy
I thought it was in the clouds...

Quote:
DH loved how this vine attaches itself to the tree.
Very cool!!

Great update!! I really need to take a walk down that trail one of these years...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #1004
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Wonderful update, thank you! I find it totally amusing that you and Jackie managed to post virtually the same photo. And I get to read about bats twice this week, go figure.

I'm loving all these Animal Kingdom pictures.
I still have a lot more AK pictures to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Heidi!! Just read your update from Conservation Station... it brought back some bad memories for me... I'm glad Liam did flip out with the goats because we had some BAD goat experiences with Alex. The first time was when he was a toddler and we went into a little goat petting zoo - he was really scared - I just assumed it was because they were bigger than him. He is still scared to death of them - and all animals for that matter. When we went on a field trip in Kindergarten, he said he wanted to go into the goat area, but he ended up trying to climb up on my shoulders! We won't be visiting any goats anytime soon!

Now on to your next update!
That must be hard having a child who is scared of animals. Liam isn't at all. I think it really helps that we had 2 big dogs since his birth (we currently only have one and Liam has started to really play with him and feed him dog food by the handful! ugh!)

Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #1005
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Those bats freak me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They eat fruit! not blood.....geez.

Quote:
Great update!! I really need to take a walk down that trail one of these years...
Good luck with that. You don't like the bats (which you can by-pass by the way) and Alex is afraid of animals; that should be an interesting walk.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: