Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #631
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I have never really noticed the front door to the HM. Thanks for that pic!

Was that the 3 o'clock parade?
I hadn't really noticed it before either. It's very neat.

No, I believe this was around 1PM, so not the 3PM parade.
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #632
poegirl30
Mouseketeer
 
poegirl30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 175

Two updates since I've checked back! I love the CoP! Classic Disney! And the HM is one of my favorite too. The whole theme inside and out is just great!

Was the corn dog nuggets/fries an "adult" meal? My three year old loves those and would like to get those next time, but we will be on the DDP. (I need to start meal planning!)

Love the updates!
__________________
me DH

DD22 DS19 DS8
poegirl30 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #633
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,749

I must see that Move it, Shake it parade. That looks so fun.

I have never tried to corn dog nuggets at Casey's. My list is growing.
MinnieNurse is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #634
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Well you can look forward to another Sunday update. I am determined to get this TR moving!

I'm not sure what you are talking about in Liberty Square, I want to investigate though. I just love that land. I plan to spend some time there in September just snapping away pictures.

You must find the cartoons! They are wonderful!
Yippee for another update. I'm heading out to soak up some rays now but will look forward to another update.

We can look for that area in Liberty Square together. I think read about it in Mousejunkies!

Boy, I have LOTS of Disney movies to catch up on. I'll add these to the list!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #635
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,146

I'm going to have to search for the Casey Cartoons as well, Baylor would love them!
Corndog Nuggets, a great spot hitter!

Now I'm worrying about your feet again.
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #636
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,340

Oh LL:

I love your new updates, but I hate reading about your feet! I know they must have really put a damper on your enjoyment. I know I have a recurrent blister on my heel that puts me to shame any time I wear anything other than crocs. It's hard to enjoy when you have pain with each step. I left my crocs at home when we went to Niagara falls and I was soooorrrrrreeeeeee! That was every bit as much walking as Disney. I paid dearly in discomfort!

I love your HM pictures. As usual, you found a way to turn order pictures into extraordinary pictures. I love that picture of the front of HM and I am going to try to take that in September.

Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #637
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran
 
DreaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037

We love HM as well. In November my DD and I rode it and she was a little unsure. Now she is much more aware and so I don't think we'll ride it this trip.

I'm going to have to try those corn dog nuggets. It seems I'm reading about them everywhere now.

Great pictures! I love Liberty Square. It speaks to me as well, and always seems so calm there.
__________________

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
DreaGirl is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #638
cjackearl
DIS Veteran
 
cjackearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,909

I'm so not a fun of corn dogs, but I'd like to get a hotdog at Casey's some day, just to sit on the bleachers.

Great pictures of the HM! Yes, poor Mr. Toad. We rode HM this trip and it was very interesting to note who loved it and who did NOT.

I'm so glad you got some new shoes for your next trip. Have you started breaking them in?
__________________
cjackearl is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #639
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!
 
Diamondintheruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,671

Been MIA for the long weekend (well technically since our Holiday is July 1st which was the wednesday I've been MIA since tuesday nite) and away from technology up at the cottage.

Started reading Mousejunkies to keep up my disney fix.

Loved the look of the pretzel's. I will have to search for them next time.
__________________
Precious Gem of a Weekend Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323431
Gem of a Birthday-My 40th with Dh @ AKL http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2149477
Gem of a Trip-quality,clarity,color and"Cut that out!"http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post25752950

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #640
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters
 
meeko_33785's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,896

Great updates and pics! I'd never heard of cream cheese pretzels before. Looks interesting. Perhaps something to try next time.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm enjoying your collection of Disney lighting ficture photos. It just seems so original and fun. Seems like you have a blast collecting them too!
meeko_33785 is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #641
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
Two updates since I've checked back! I love the CoP! Classic Disney! And the HM is one of my favorite too. The whole theme inside and out is just great!

Was the corn dog nuggets/fries an "adult" meal? My three year old loves those and would like to get those next time, but we will be on the DDP. (I need to start meal planning!)

Love the updates!
You know...I know that when I went with Marc in September we were able to use a CS credit for a corndog nugget meal, this time I just bought them separately. I can't remember if it was a choice for kids or not, I am trying to remember the menu board and I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
I must see that Move it, Shake it parade. That looks so fun.

I have never tried to corn dog nuggets at Casey's. My list is growing.
Hehehe. They are so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Yippee for another update. I'm heading out to soak up some rays now but will look forward to another update.

We can look for that area in Liberty Square together. I think read about it in Mousejunkies!

Boy, I have LOTS of Disney movies to catch up on. I'll add these to the list!
Did you soak up enough rays? I get giddy thinking about discovering Liberty Square together. EEEEE! The Casey Cartoons are pretty short, maybe 10 minutes long. I bet they are on youtube.

FOUND THEM!

Casey at the Bat.

Casey Bats Again.

Now I need to find Ferdinand the Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm going to have to search for the Casey Cartoons as well, Baylor would love them!
Corndog Nuggets, a great spot hitter!

Now I'm worrying about your feet again.
Those corndog nuggets are a home run. I crack myself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh LL:

I love your new updates, but I hate reading about your feet! I know they must have really put a damper on your enjoyment. I know I have a recurrent blister on my heel that puts me to shame any time I wear anything other than crocs. It's hard to enjoy when you have pain with each step. I left my crocs at home when we went to Niagara falls and I was soooorrrrrreeeeeee! That was every bit as much walking as Disney. I paid dearly in discomfort!

I love your HM pictures. As usual, you found a way to turn order pictures into extraordinary pictures. I love that picture of the front of HM and I am going to try to take that in September.

Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!
They really did put a damper on everything, it was not fun dealing with my feet. Bah. I do not want a repeat in the Fall.

I'm hoping to do another update this evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We love HM as well. In November my DD and I rode it and she was a little unsure. Now she is much more aware and so I don't think we'll ride it this trip.

I'm going to have to try those corn dog nuggets. It seems I'm reading about them everywhere now.

Great pictures! I love Liberty Square. It speaks to me as well, and always seems so calm there.
It really does seem calm there. I could just sit there and watch all day long. I want one of the liberty square CM costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm so not a fun of corn dogs, but I'd like to get a hotdog at Casey's some day, just to sit on the bleachers.

Great pictures of the HM! Yes, poor Mr. Toad. We rode HM this trip and it was very interesting to note who loved it and who did NOT.

I'm so glad you got some new shoes for your next trip. Have you started breaking them in?
The bleachers are so much fun! I have started breaking them but they are still not 100% yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Been MIA for the long weekend (well technically since our Holiday is July 1st which was the wednesday I've been MIA since tuesday nite) and away from technology up at the cottage.

Started reading Mousejunkies to keep up my disney fix.

Loved the look of the pretzel's. I will have to search for them next time.
I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Great updates and pics! I'd never heard of cream cheese pretzels before. Looks interesting. Perhaps something to try next time.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm enjoying your collection of Disney lighting ficture photos. It just seems so original and fun. Seems like you have a blast collecting them too!
I really do enjoy my light fixture hunting, ti's a lot of fun. There are some many different ones in Disney, it's really amazing!
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #642
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran
 
sunny_stace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,763

I am drooling.....HM and corn dog nuggets! Doesn't get much better than that!
__________________
Stacy
sunny_stace is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #643
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I am drooling.....HM and corn dog nuggets! Doesn't get much better than that!
It truly does not.
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #644
Megablocks
DIS Veteran
 
Megablocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
It really does seem calm there. I could just sit there and watch all day long. I want one of the liberty square CM costumes.
ME TOO! That is all I can think of whenever I see them.

I've never had the corn dog nuggets -- I think those are something that I need to try...
__________________
Meghan DF Charles

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #645
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

RAINbows.

Sunday May 24th, Part 5.

We woke up around 5ish I believe to get ready for our ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table at 6:30PM. What did we wake up too? Pouring rain, monsoon like really. If it was any other ADR besides CRT, I would have begged Jen to stay at ASMu. When I say beg, I mean hands and knees, please don't make me go out in that rain begging.

We dressed and headed out to the car. Jen was kind enough to let me stay under the building while she pulled the car up. Let me tell you, she knows service! Hehehe.

We get out into the road and we are behind a couple of Disney buses stopped at the stop light. And they don't move. And they don't move. They are just sitting there. It is down pouring so we thought maybe there was an accident in the intersection. Nope, no accident that we can see. Then we see other cars going through the intersection at all different times. On the left side of the intersection, another Disney bus was just stopped as well, not turning. We must have sat there for a good 10 minutes before we figured out that the lights were out and that the Disney buses were not moving while they were out. I mean...I guess I get why they wouldn't go through the intersection but we had an ADR to get too! Finally we made our way around the buses and through the intersection safely.

We arrived to the Ticket & Transportation Center and there was not a single CM in the parking lot, I guess that is what downpours do. Jen was again kind enough to drop me off near that little bridge thing that the tram goes through to save on my feet. Two seconds out of the car, even with my umbrella and poncho I was completely soaked. Drowned rat soaked.

I stood under that little bridge looking at all the frazzled people leaving the MK while I waited for Jen....for a long time. By the time she walked to me she was completely soaked. We made a cute pair.

We took the monorail over to MK. At this point we were cutting it REALLY close, we did not want to be late. Jen decided she would go ahead and at least get us checked in and I would walk slower with my stupid feet.

It was a competitive sport making your way up Main St that night. Especially with my umbrella. I'm happy to announce I did not poke out any eyes. Yay!

Finally I made my way to the Castle which was wall to wall people. There was even a gentlemen literally sprawled out on his back sleeping with his child sleeping on his chest. Made me giggle.

Jen had checked us in and as soon as I got there we were let inside. We were SOAKED. I had worn socks with my crocs and they were completely soaked through. I was so glad I had brought a second pair that night in my bag. They kept bugging us to get in line for our pic with Cinderella but we were taking off our ponchos and putting our umbrellas in the ziploc bag. Geez people!

We got in line and had our picture taken. You'll have to wait to see that. We sat down and waited to be called upstairs. We were not given wands and Jen wanted one so she went and asked for them for us. Yay! They were different then Septembers. I liked the other one better.

Jen took some pictures of the waiting area.









Shortly we were called upstairs and were sat at our table.

The view.






WE GOT A WINDOW TABLE. Sigh. It was Castle Heaven.







We judged if it was raining on whether Dumbo was up and running or not. It seemed the rain was off and on throughout our dinner. We were in NO RUSH to get back out in the rain so we took our time.


Jen had the Castle Salad I believe.


I had the Spring Roll.

We both ordered the Prime Rib for dinner....and we forgot to take pictures of it. It was VERY yummy. So delicious.

We did get to catch the Castle show with the Fairy Godmother and the mice.







It was a cute show but we were bummed that only one of the mice ladies came to see us.



Continued in next post...
Lady Lallie is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets! alan_renfroe Completed Trip Reports 1275 01-31-2010 10:13 AM
Packing list for trip to the Bahamas? Anyone been? BC Community Board 17 06-07-2009 09:00 PM
Is It Ever Too Late For A Trip Reports? The Four Month Late TR princess.chell Completed Trip Reports 16 06-07-2009 02:47 PM
What is the average cost of a Disney Trip??? kcsmom76 Budget Board 51 06-05-2009 07:21 AM
Questions about packing breakfast food for trip mrsbornkuntry Budget Board 10 05-31-2009 08:53 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.