Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #46
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

It is now all ready time for our dinner ressie. I am already beginging to wonder... didn't we just eat ?? But we are all ready to sit down and enjoy some cold drinks. It worked out perfect for our adr at The Garden Grill.
Everything here is served family style to the table. We have a nice salad, the meats are flank steak,catfish, and turkey with cranberry. The have really good rolls and potatoes with cornbread stuffing. I wasn't won over by the desert which was a blueberry pie. So I skipped it. And after all that food, it was a good thing !
The resturant here spins very slowly, so you actually end up looking all about The Land. The characters came around fairly quickly. Chip was our favorite. At one point he stoled a groom hat off of one of the guests and was running away with "The Bride." Then he came to our table and took my DD Jasmine crown and put it on DH and made all sorts of laughing guestures. This really got the kids going.

After dinner we walk over to use our Test Track fastpasses. Once we are done riding,we are beat. So we head back through the World Showcase towards the beach club.
Being able to walk to this park has made it move up on my list !!

All this fun and we haven't even been to Magic Kingdom yet .... That is tomorrow !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-03-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #47
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just discovered your TR and am enjoying it immensely! We are staying at BCV for the first time in just under 2 months and I am so excited! Like you, we never dreamed we could afford to stay there before DVC.
Looking forward to more!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
BigEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #48
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Enjoying your tr and your photos of my beloved BCV! Here is one funny thing....we have walked over through the International Gateway COUNTLESS times and have never gone down the walkway along the lake, we always walk over the bridge! I think we will have to do that next month!

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #49
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Great trip report!!

As I sit here with my DD4 and scrolling through your awesome pictures, I m thinking.....geez, I really need a WDW vacation. Then, my DD says "Mumma, I really wanna go back there (pointing at my computer) NOW!!!!"

I totally agree with her
Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #50
DisneyQueen1320
Mouseketeer

I love your pictures. BCV is so nice we ate at Beaches and Cream and I fell in love w/BCV.
DisneyQueen1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #51
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEeyore View Post
Hi! I just discovered your TR and am enjoying it immensely! We are staying at BCV for the first time in just under 2 months and I am so excited! Like you, we never dreamed we could afford to stay there before DVC.
Looking forward to more!
to my trip report !! I hope you have as wonderful a time as we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Enjoying your tr and your photos of my beloved BCV! Here is one funny thing....we have walked over through the International Gateway COUNTLESS times and have never gone down the walkway along the lake, we always walk over the bridge! I think we will have to do that next month!
I think I took the pictures of the lower walkway as I was walking over the bridge !! When walking everywhere in 100 degree heat - I would take the short route !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyQueen1320 View Post
I love your pictures. BCV is so nice we ate at Beaches and Cream and I fell in love w/BCV.
Nothing at Disney compares to a No Way Jose' in my mind !! Glad you are enjoying the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
Hi,

Great trip report!!

As I sit here with my DD4 and scrolling through your awesome pictures, I m thinking.....geez, I really need a WDW vacation. Then, my DD says "Mumma, I really wanna go back there (pointing at my computer) NOW!!!!"

I totally agree with her
I really want to go back !! I think we are going to try and go to Disney Land for Christmas -- hopefully I will be able to make it until next October for The World again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyQueen1320 View Post
Beaches n' Cream and the No Way Jose ... are my favorites !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-04-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting--I'm really enjoying it!! Our trip begins in 44 days--can't wait!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #53
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You are now my favorite trip report writer! Thanks so much for sharing - the pictures are great!

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #54
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You are now my favorite trip report writer! Thanks so much for sharing - the pictures are great!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #55
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Love the orange shirts! I think it is great that your shirts are all the same color but they do not match. I have seen family groups all wearing the same shirts and on some of the folks the shirts look good and on other family members, not so. I do believe you may have hit upon a perfect solution to identify you as a family, same color, different styles.

Thanks for the compliment on the orange shirts ! I knew that my DH would never go for the matching tye-dye shirt that I see a lot of families wear. When we first got dressed it took him a minute or two to notice we all matched. The funny thing was, I had not gone to any great length to make this happen every day. So on about day four or so I had a yellow shirt, my son and DH did also - but I didn't have a yellow shirt for my daughter. She had a shirt that had a couple yellow flowers so I put it on her. My goofy hubby then proceeded to tease my DD all day, telling her that we had dressed her in a different shirt so no-one knew she was with us. It was funny for the first part of the day - then I had to threaten DH to get him to stop bothering her !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
Thanks so much for posting--I'm really enjoying it!! Our trip begins in 44 days--can't wait!
44 days ... lucky you !! I already started the trip counter on my computer for our Disneyland Christmas Trip - I think it is in the 160's though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post

WOW .... your favorite ... .. I am having so much fun doing this and glad so many are enjoying it.

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-05-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #56
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

DAY 4: Magic Kingdom

This morning I wake up again at about 8:30 and let the others sleep until about 9:00. We have a breakfast adr at 1900 Park Fare for 10:30. We are all ready to leave the room at about 9:30 and head for the bus area. The area to wait for the bus has plenty of benches and is covered. We only have to wait a couple minutes for the bus and when it arrives it is empty. I wonder if we are now going to make a bunch of stops, but we do not. So the bus goes straight to Magic Kingdom with about 12 of us on board.
We get to the park at about 10:00, so DH decides he wants to run into the park and get a fastpass for Big thunder mountain. We all go through the turnstiles and wait just in the front.
I take this one picture:

And I also have a photopass photographer take a couple magic shots of the kids with the "UP" balloons.

Once DH is back from his light jog we head up the ramp to take the monorail to The Grand Floridian.

This morning DD has decided to dress as Sleeping Beauty :
This is in the Grand Lobby of the hotel :

We check in and are quickly seated :

The Mad Hatter comes to our table almost immediatly. He is unbelievable, he keeps going on about me celebrating my birthday, and everyone else at the table having to celebrate their UN- birthday. He says he is so HAPPY we have dropped by for tea. He was very funny.

Next Tigger bounced by :

Then we got up to go get food before we missed anyone else coming by. This was by far my favorite buffet breakfast. Usually when you go to most of the buffets there is a right and left side and they are both the same. But at this buffet there are NO repeats. Everywhere you look the food is different. It includes pancakes, mickey waffles, the best french toast ever, homestlye potatoes, and scrambled eggs.

They also had a made-to-order omlette station. The cook had omlettes for five people going at once, it was fun just watching this. There was also a huge assortment of fruit, yogurt and granola plus cereals. Then as if there isn't enough food, the desert bar is loaded with goodies. The ice cream sundae bar is flowing, and they have cookie bars plus rice crispy treats with mickey sprinkles. This breakfast buffet was UNREAL !!

Once we finally get back to the table Mary Poppins comes by to give an autograph:

Next Winnie the Pooh stops by:

Then we have Alice come to our table :
She is so ditzy and funny !! She puts her hand to her cheek and asks my son - "What is a beach bum ?" He says he isn't really sure.. we all are laughing and she said "I think it must be someone who is very handsome and lays on the sand all day." She tells my son she thinks it sounds "very fun." She was Alice 100%.

Then here comes the Mad Hatter again :

He is followed by this juicy cupcake - there is a lady that is wearing a microphone and annouces to the whole resturant that it is my birthday. They all start clapping and singing Happy Birthday to me !!

After breakfast we head back to the Magic Kingdom via the monorail.

Day 4 continues :

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-05-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #57
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day 4 cont'd

We head down Mainstreet and here it is a sight to behold :

I don't care how many times I see it, it takes my breath away (even without the asthma )

We decide that we are going to head towards Adventureland. We walk past the Jungle Cruise- the wait is already at 60 minutes, so we decide we will catch this one during magic hours. We get to pirates of the carribean and the wait is at 25 minutes. DH decides to run to Splash Mountain to get fastpasses while the kids and I browse inside the pirate store. By the time he returns the wait is at 35 minutes. But we wait anyway. Next we go to The haunted mansion. The wait here is 20 minutes and goes by really fast due to the line always moving. After this we head under the bridge to Fantasy Land... oh my lord... the place is PACKED !
There is a 20 minute wait for Small World... are you serious ! We get in line and then I realize ..why are we waiting outside in the heat? The front of Small World is under construction and we have to weave thorugh a rope outside. Not to long and we are finally in the A/C. And then I get to see some of my favorite people !!

Next, we see my favorite movie Mickey's Philharmagic. We are able to walk right in and wait in the holding area. The movie is just as good as I remember..... "Let me introduce your dinner."

After the show it is time to start heading across the park to The Plaza for our lunch adr. DH goes and gets another fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. We check in at The Plaza and the 3:00 parade starts rolling down the street.
We are seated and brought diet cokes. As our app. we both order the tomato soup. It is 100 degrees outside and I am enjoying hot soup. The huge croutons in this creamy soup are so good. Next I order the beef sandwich with no onions or peppers and DH orders the cheeseburger. The kids order grilled chicken on a stick with apple slices and french fries.

For desert the kids get these cute mickey cones:

We all end up laughing hysterically at my daughter, the heat has gotten to her brain and she can't find her mouth ....

My DH and I both get brownie sundaes:
He is saying " You want me to eat what ??"

As lunch comes to a close, my DH looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says... "UM.. what did you have planned now?" I say, you want to go back to the Beach Club don't you ? And my son starts begging to go swimming. So I say... let's go back to the pool... the park is open until 3am. We feel we will be able to get way more done later when the sun goes down and the park clears out a little.

So we head for the pool:

We hang out at the pool for a couple hours. At about 7:30 we head back to catch the bus back to Magic Kingdom. We have an 8:00 adr at Crystal Palace. We check in and sit on the patio out front. There are a ton of people waiting, I hear a couple of them saying they have been waiting an hour past their adr time. I am a little worried, but it turns out we are seated with in about 20 minutes.
The buffet here is nothing to write home about IMHO. When we enter the characters are dancing about. We meet piglet and others:

I am not sure why, maybe the heat, but Eyoree seemed a little off. He came by the table, touched DD on the head and kept walking. He looked like he was almost falling... I told my DH ... he is always kinda tired

After dinner we head back outside and everyone has taken up spots for the Wishes fireworks. We decide what the heck... just like it was meant to be a family is called to be seated inside and a bench clears. We quickly grab the bench and watch Wishes like we have never seen before. Perfect view....

Next, we use three fastpasses we have for Big thunder mountain and one fastpass we have for Splash ( we didn't get soaked !-hooray). After this it is already 12:00 - we head back towards the front. We stop along the way to ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. We get right on - I am thinking - I bet fantasyland is dead right now. But none of us have the energy so we call it a night and head back to load on the bus.

Next UP: Day # 5 "Rest Day"- and the question - "What happened to our rest day Mom?"

Last edited by Turtle31; 07-05-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #58
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Fellow DVC Colorodoan here!
Great trip report and pictures, thanks so much for sharing!
We too love BCV, and it is sure to be in our top 3 as long as we own DVC.
Looking at your pictures LITERALLY makes me SOOOOOOO homesick for WDW I don't know if I should read the entire report
Just makes my DVC payments easier to pay I guess, keep em' comin!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #59
momoflizandains
love "the world"

Great report!
momoflizandains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #60
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great update! We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare on our last visit - the character interaction was great (Cinderella), but thought the food was just a bit better than OK. Maybe I will give breakfast there a try - sounds like you loved it!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
BigEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: