Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #151
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
NICE!!

It is so hard to be truly lazy at Disney (at least I think so!!)

Kathy
It was nice! I HIGHLY recommend the massage at WL! The GF was fancier to be sure...if you want a spa, WL is not it but oh, did it do the trick!

I'm not good at lazy period... thankfully the rest of the gang isn't all that lazy either or we'd have a real problem! Teens in the morning don't count and heck, with as hard as Tink works....she deserves to sleep in when she can (not that it kept me from being cranky about it once or twice lol!).
Old 07-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #152
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

the best burger in the WORLD

No one could really decide what they wanted to do. It was a bit breezy and Tink was feeling cold so Tink and Scrooge decided to hit Roaring Forks for food, Wall-E and Goofy hit the pool.

They came back with this.

Officially dubbed the best burger in the world by our entire crew. WHY I didn't get one, I still don't know. Scrooge had a double, Tink a single. I had Scrooge get me a turkey panini...or at leas that's what I thought the menu said. Had I looked more closely I'd have realized it was the same sandwich I'd had the day before at Starring Rolls! Except the one at Starring Rolls was a million times better! That's what I get for trying to have a healthy lunch, it was the wrong call! I WILL have that burger one of these days!

The Wall-E had to check out the slide, first slide of the trip.

But soon enough, they too were hungry. And wet, I had no interest in bringing them into RF to pick out their food so I took their orders and went in to get it.

Now, I'll be honest here. Prior to leaving I'd understood that a CS credit was a CS credit and was a CS credit. Meaning no difference btw adult and child CS. They certainly were never broken out on receipts. And not once on the trip had it been an issue, the kids were with us when we ordered and ordered what they wanted. However, at RF it was different. They asked when I placed the order if it was for a child. I was getting Wall-E a the burger and Goofy chicken strips. The kids burger was tiny and the kids nuggets were also tiny (and nuggets versus strips). Here's the thing. At this point I knew we were going to have serious CS credits left over. So...I said they weren't kids meals as I saw no reason why we couldn't use our adult credits (even though they weren't actually broken out as such!). It's true. I lied. And I don't feel bad about it either. We still had 11 unused CS credits at the end of the trip so I can't say I feel like we took advantage of anything.

Flame me now, it's ok. I'd have had to get another kids meal for them to split to fill them up, they both ate the whole thing.

Just about the time we all finished eating, Steven finally straggled over. He was hungry.

Back to this

And Scrooge got a flatbread pizza, burning yet another CS credit lol.

No picture of the pizza but MAN did it look good (and was according to Scrooge) who then groaned and asked why I made him eat that. I think he felt he HAD to try and use up our CS credits...lol!

The group debated what to do, we had the whole day "free". Swim, rent bikes, go to any park they wanted, DTD, whatever. Tink didn't care, the younger boys wanted to swim and Steven and Scrooge took off to rent...

Searaycers! We had a voucher for 90 minutes at the 60 minute price so they were all over that. But there was ONE small problem.

Scrooge couldn't find his sunglasses. He assumed I had them with me. Uh...nope. Apparently he'd looked everywhere for them at the cabin.

Uh oh. I looked down. I was using a different bag and wearing different sunglasses. We looked at each other.

Holy guacamole. We left the bag in the locker at DHS! A basically empty bag
that had 4 pairs of sunglasses in it and some sunscreen. Yikes. Ok, that meant a little bit of a regroup. Scrooge decided to tough it out and SeaRayce anyways...he and Steven would go get the bag after they raced around Bay Lake. Oops! We assumed the bag would still be there but of course the KEY to the locker was back at the cabin in the backpack, Scrooge hadn't brought it with him to WL. So they'd have to go back to FW, then to DHS. UGH!

Feeling mildly guilty (though it takes 2 to space out lol) I watched the big boys head down to the marina.

The wind had died down a little and so it was POOL time for the younger ones.

Tink wasn't so sure but then...

CUTE GUY ALERT!

Which meant....

a little showing off

This is a ritual with Tink. She does handstands and I judget them on a 10 point scale. These were 8's I think.

we had some wrestling...

some more sliding

a little chilling out in the hot tub

hey, the sun is bright!

and some limbo!

Hey! that's cheating!

It was funny, at first they were less than impressed with the WL pool! I think it was a combination of the wind chilling them and the fact that they "said" that the water was colder than the water in the FW quiet pool. Personally I think it was simply b/c they kind of owned the quiet pool and with it being more of a lap pool it was much more conducive to some good marco polo and this busy pool didn't work so well for that. Soon enough, they got over that and loved their pool time.

While Goofy was doing the limbo I decided it was time to reapply. First off, Tink

She grabs the sunsncreen and goes "wait!" "watch" "I have an idea"

love it!

By the time the limbo was done they had been in the pool for over 2 hours, maybe closer to 3. I hadn't been paying attention to the time. I'd been strolling around with the various "look at me, look at me's" all over the pool. And I'd watched the geyser, snagged another Redhook and was just generally being mellow.

Second up for sunscreen....Goofy, he was dry and I wanted to get him before he went back in the pool. "But MOM....I don't burn!" he wailed. Tough big guy. And time to put your shirt ON!

Wall-E had NOT been out of it since we got there and wasn't happy about the idea at all. But he needed another application.

Upon close up inspection.... Wall-E was PINK! That kid burns if you look at him. I'd slathered him with 70 but typically I also make him wear a hat, even in the water at all times. I was out of practice. So we re-lubed everyone up, hat went back ON and they got a little more pool time. Tink was kind of "done" and everyone wanted to check out the mercantile and pin kiosks (not to mention hit the restrooms) and refill Tinks mug with soda this time. So inside we went. Scrooge and Steven were not yet back but caught up with us inside, I wanted to change and so we met in the Lobby. The big boys told us about their adventure.

Apparently they SeaRaycers "can" hold 2. But 2 big adults made it like a put put race. So they went back and got 2 of them instead. Ouch ($$) but oh well. They had fun and really enjoyed the sights. Scrooge was bummed he didn't take the camera with him. They headed off to do the FW/DHS run and we went....

Shopping!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #153
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Okay, that last chapter made me hungry.

I'm so glad everyone had a good time swimming! I love the Wilderness Lodge, we had a great time at the pool on our last trip. And Roaring Forks has some great basic counter service type stuff (and yummy sandwiches too).
Old 07-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #154
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm jumping in late to your TR. Right now I am only on page 5, but I wanted to comment so far. First, what a fun family you have. It seems like you are able to navigate a vacation with ease and I'm sure most larger families can not say that!

As for the Del hotel, I used to live in San Diego and I LOVE that hotel. We used to drive over and go to their beach because it was so pretty there. I've always thought that WDW copied the Del as well. I'm pretty sure you have already gone on that trip and come back by now, so I hope you had a great time!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #155
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Ok lady, I haven't even had dinner yet and now I want a Disney burger AND a micro brew!

I spy a hidden Mickey in sunscreen. Cute idea, Tink.

Well I went back to look at your pictures again and now I want my Disney burger and micro brew in a hot tub.

No flames here for the CS usage. Disney definitely didn't lose any money on you and the kids meal choices get old fast for some kids, although I'm pretty sure Ian happily ate cheese pizza every day of our trip.

Those SeaRaycers do look pretty small. Renting two, although more $$, was probably a good idea.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #156
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Another great update as always. That burger looks so good!!! It's making me hungry just looking at it......

It looks like everyone had a great time swimming!! I love the sunscreen Mickey--too cute!!

Cant wait for more...
Old 07-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #157
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Okay, that last chapter made me hungry.

I'm so glad everyone had a good time swimming! I love the Wilderness Lodge, we had a great time at the pool on our last trip. And Roaring Forks has some great basic counter service type stuff (and yummy sandwiches too).
It's funny, I spent a lot of time on the dining board before the trip and all the deluxes seem to get slammed for their CS offerings. In comparison to the value's in particularly I guess. I am not a food court kind of gal so for me, the CS offerings at both GF and WL were perfect. Small and limited? Maybe, but varied enough for me! The lines were long in the am, I will agree with that and I guess the size of RF compared to the size of WL...maybe it is on the small side but still, I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Hi there! I'm jumping in late to your TR. Right now I am only on page 5, but I wanted to comment so far. First, what a fun family you have. It seems like you are able to navigate a vacation with ease and I'm sure most larger families can not say that!

As for the Del hotel, I used to live in San Diego and I LOVE that hotel. We used to drive over and go to their beach because it was so pretty there. I've always thought that WDW copied the Del as well. I'm pretty sure you have already gone on that trip and come back by now, so I hope you had a great time!
First off, Welcome Welcome!

Oh gosh, thanks! It's a great crew, we are really really blessed and we do have a lot of fun. I am from a large family and I think it helps...it's all I know!

I loved the Del. I did have a shock upon walking inside it though. I really expected it to be all light and airy on the inside and wasn't prepared for all the dark wood! The contrast was wild. Still....unless I could have one of the cottages or a walk out beach room, I think I'd pick the hotel we stayed at (Glorietta) across the street, over it, every time. The price difference was insane! We spent a lot of time on that beach though and I am quite sure we will be back! Coronodo was a perfect weekend getaway from here, I could make it an annual date weekend!.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #158
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Ok lady, I haven't even had dinner yet and now I want a Disney burger AND a micro brew!

I spy a hidden Mickey in sunscreen. Cute idea, Tink.

Well I went back to look at your pictures again and now I want my Disney burger and micro brew in a hot tub.

No flames here for the CS usage. Disney definitely didn't lose any money on you and the kids meal choices get old fast for some kids, although I'm pretty sure Ian happily ate cheese pizza every day of our trip.

Those SeaRaycers do look pretty small. Renting two, although more $$, was probably a good idea.
I have to admit, that sounds pretty darn good. That burger, a microbrew and a hot tub! About all I'm likely to see anytime soon is a microbrew.

DH and Steven aren't exactly small, I wish I had a picture of both of them in the Searaycer and it just put putting along....speed demons those two, it would have been funny!

Tink cracked me up with her hidden mickey, We'd been spotting them all week and then of course Goofy had one in his hair. Sadly, she did have to destroy it and rub it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Another great update as always. That burger looks so good!!! It's making me hungry just looking at it......

It looks like everyone had a great time swimming!! I love the sunscreen Mickey--too cute!!

Cant wait for more...
I am getting one of those burgers next time....even if we are staying elsewhere. Seriously. I should have just tossed my sandwich and gotten one but I couldn't be that wasteful (but it was ok to just not use 11 cs credits?)

We can always go to RF for lunch on a MK day...right?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #160
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good use of a summer day. Take some pictures for us, ok?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #161
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Talking Shopping, Strolling and Spinning

We had all headed over to WL that day with pool stuff and not much more. I had the clothes I'd worn on the way to my massage but it had warmed up considerably. Despite that I cobbled together an odd combination of items so I wasn't walking around in my pool cover up for the rest of the day. As cute as it might be, I draw the line somewhere!

Tink was less than thrilled with her clothing options but none of us were motivated enough to go back to the fort to change...we'd just deal with it. I was less than thrilled with her clothing options too. Her shirt was filthy! I expect Wall-E's to be covered with food most of the time but hers...ugh! I don't think I'd looked that closely at it until then. She and Scrooge and gone for a run before heading over and then she'd worn it as her beach cover up.

UGH!

Our plan was...
  1. hit the mercantile
  2. hit the pin kiosk
  3. get a snack
  4. head to the MK.

First. The mercantile. I had hit this earlier and had bought the 3 younger ones some charms for their lanyards. I gave them to them before we went in. Goofy found a really cute Jack charm that he hung from his necklace (very creative thinking on his part) and it looks very cool. He still wears it all the time. Other than that though, there wasn't much unique. Except for a pair of red Minnie Mouse capri sweat pants that I really kind of wanted for me!

Tink had used up most of her $$ the previous night at RRC. She got some killer peach capri RRC sweats that she still lives in. They came in handy too as it cooled off that night. So while she was eying things and charms, she was about out of loot. I decided to hold on the sweats. If there had been a cute tank to go with them...I'd probably have done it but I didn't love the shirt that matched it. I still kind of want those sweats though!

Then....to the pin kiosk.

We didn't see much for the kids here but got one for Scrooge, my dad and my mom. Scrooges is the best. He isn't a lanyard guy but he put this right on his daypack where it still lives. It has Grumpy on it and kind of looks like a beer label. It says

Xtra Stout...always bitter..never boring.

We got the same one for my dad, he has a lot of grumpy gear and this fit with that. For mom, a St. Patrick's day mickey. She is obsessed with St. Patrick's day. Growing up we ate green food all day.

The kids wanted me to get a mothers day pin for myself, I didn't and I should have. Next time!

Then...snacks. We filled up the mug and got mickey bars for Wall-E and I, I think Tink had a huge chocolate muffin or brownie, or cookie and I"m sure Goofy picked a fruit bar. While we were finishing the snacks we decided to take a couple of pictures, exploring the upper part of the pool area.

One more trip to the rest room and it was time to go. I asked Tink if she wanted another refill for her mug.

No mug.

Where is the mug.

I don't know.

When did you have it last?

I don't know.

Sigh.

We retraced every single step but...no mug. While I think I got my money's worth out of it, at best I probably broke even and worse we wouldn't have it to bring home as a souvenir. I wasn't about to buy another one with only 1.5 days left but still, it was sad!

We headed down to the marina..me a little cranky with kids who ask for stuff and then leave it everywhere (we'd had 2 cell phone incidents on the trip already, one earlier that day, one the night before...she would leave it in the bathroom stall!) so I was mildly irritated at the utter lack of responsibility for her own things.

Amazing how one little boat ride can help shake it off!

Again the MK was PACKED! OMG. Packed. And hot. I was NOT dressed for it. I am not a "jeans in warm weather" kind of gal. I'm not as bad as some Seattleites who put on shorts when it hits 50 but still! Ugh. Not an outfit I'd have ever put together but better than the long sleeved thermal top and vest I'd worn over in the am!

First stop....a couple of pictures. What else can you do when the 3 kids ALL have different opinions on where to go first.

Laugh Floor!

Buzz Light Year!

Space Mountain!

BTMRR!

oy.

The lines for all of the above however, and the lateness of the day meant long waits and no FP's.

We did a quick swing by the speedway and I grabbed a much needed espresso and we debated. And debated. And realized there was an opportunity!

We were sans Scrooge!

Who is the teacup hater!

I LOVE the teacups

Whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prior to takeoff

Notice Wall-E's VERY pink cheeks. Bad mama.

They spun.

I tried to take pictures.

And yes, I was in the teacup with them.

Here are the results.

Goofy doesn't look so sure at the end !

Next.....will the guys make it back from the great bag recovery before we have to head back to the fort?

And...The Hoop De Doo Review!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #162
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Cynthia!

Glad you're back to posting... I missed you guys!

DD(13) was chuckling at Tinks's response to losing her mug... sounded just like her!!

I'm the sunburn police officer in my house, too!

Kathy
Old 07-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #163
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

The top of cheekbones are a hard spot to screen just right. My red heads have gotten some pink cheeks a time or two.

Just looking at you in your jeans and black tee is making me sweat. Hope the sun went down extra quickly for you.

Cute tea cup pictures.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #164
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

I followed your link from DisMomAmy's trippie Thanks to your handy-dandy links, I've read the whole shebang now

You and your lovely family have had a pretty good time so far, I hope that continues! Your Goofy sounds a lot like my Tigger (10yo) and your Wall-E sounds like my Mickey (7yo), that just makes your trippie more fun to read for me! Oh, also that you flew out of SEA - we had direct redeye Alaska Air flights to/from MCO last trip, but they've discontinued the direct red-eye flight darnit, so we had to take a one-stop red-eye on Delta this time.

I'm looking forward to reading more...
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #165
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Cynthia!

Glad you're back to posting... I missed you guys!

DD(13) was chuckling at Tinks's response to losing her mug... sounded just like her!!

I'm the sunburn police officer in my house, too!

Kathy
Hi Kathy! awww...Thanks nice to be back. I think "I don't know" is universal 13 year old girl language. lol!

Once again I didn't "screen" enough today...although slathered and in spf swim shirts...E2 is pink! Clearly, I am a bad police officer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: