Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Disneymoon 09...oh the plannnning has begun!!! 11/29, Almost alll Packed!!!!

Hello all!! This is my first PTR so bare with me! This December my DF and I will be traveling to the World for our Honeymoon! Our travel dates are 12/1-12/6. Soooo excited. It has been a long ride getting to the point where we would be planning our honeymoon, and that may be an understatement! I will give you a little background into our lives! I will post pics later

We met back in 2004, in high school ceramics class. It was very "Ghost" like . We were engaged Dec. 25th, 2007. My ring was in my stocking. Well ever since then, things have gotten, interesting. We have had no less then 10, yes 10 different wedding plans. Everything from traditional church ceremony, to getting married on a cruise ship. We have had ideas that we absolutely love, then once it comes time to tell the families, our excitement bubble is promptly burst. This has happened probably 6 times. Oh how I love in-laws.

Our original wedding plan was an outdoor ceremony in my in-laws backyard. Nope, too risky to do it outdoors, and the logistics are nuts. Then it was the cruise ship. Nope. Hocking Hills. Nope. Carribbean beach. Nope. Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. Nope. Courthouse. Nope (?). Traditional church ceremony. Nope (more on why later). Vegas. Nope. FINALLY. Orlando, honeymoon at Disney. YAY!

Now the reason we didnt do the church ceremony. Its a good one. I have a philosophy on weddings. I believe that either you do it up good, we're talking a $50,000 wedding, or you go very simple. There is no in between. So I, not being rich, was planning a very, very simple ceremony. Under $5,000. I went and bought my dress, got some plans ironed out, booked the church, researched caterers, picked out invites, all the details, well most. THEN, my Future MIL decided that she was going to plan the wedding. Yep, her and my DF aunt were going to plan it. And no, they did not want my help or input. That would be silly, considering its our wedding, to ask out input, right?!. MIL was planning the rehersal dinner, planned to serve chicken cordon bleu. I do not, nor does my DF, like chicken cordon bleu. Didnt matter. Its what we were having. UGH! This went on for about 3 months. I completely stopped caring, stopped my plans, and didnt think about the wedding for weeks on end because it upset me so much. Our day was completely hi-jacked. Then came the Vegas plan. Get married and honeymoon in vegas for a few days. Done deal. Dont care if you like it or not.

We thought we were done changing out minds, but the whole time The Mouse was in the back of my mind. So we switched, again, to getting married in orlando, or at the courthouse in our county, havent decided yet really haha, then staying at Disney for a week. We still havent told my in-laws and the honeymoon is booked and paid for haha! It's a shame that our wedding turned me more bitter and spiteful then it should have. I love our plans. love them!

Finally on to Disney. Sorry that was so off topic, but you needed background! We are staying at ASMovies for our honeymooon. We could have gone delux, but decided to save the money and not have to worry about having enough spending money. We are also signed up for the Honeymoon registry thru Disney. Havent registered yet, but we will probably in october or so. Heck who am I kidding, I will probably do it next week! Can you tell I am a planning freak.

I have read my Unofficial Guide probably 3 times, cover to cover. I Looooove that Book!

Ok so in ending this post, I will leave you wanting more!!! The next post will have more details about our trip!! Thanks!!!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Last edited by Disneymoon09; 11-29-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Will be on later for a detail filled update, PLUS, some news For now its off to work!!

Sept 2011 - POP

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Ok so here it is, finally!! I have been much busier then I thought I would be the past 2 days, or this would have been up much quicker! Ok so we are booked Dec 1-6th, ASMO, 6 day passes with PH, and dining plan. WOOOHOOO!!!! But wait, there is more! A week after I booked, paid my deposit and bought my airfare, I recieved an email. FREEEEEE DINING!!!!! SOOO it saved me $450!!! Now I am considering changing my airline txts and staying 2 more days. IF i can get free dining extended, or might just discuss with the DF and see if we can do it anyway and just pay OOP for our meals. We will see but I'm sooooooo excited anyway. Our whole trip (excluding airfare) is only $1051. I'm amazed by that number. I always envisioned Disney being about $5000, at least for even a basic trip.

We had a trip to Vegas planned for Mem. weekend and it fell through so I am super excited to get a vacation, expecially at Disney!!! Ok more to come later about ADR's and such. But in the mean time, any opinions on the passporter planning journal? Thinking of buying one, but I need some feedback. Thanks!!!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 06-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Grats! Good for you guys doing what you want..that's very important! Can't wait to read more.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

whoo!! disneymoon!!! congrats on that. cant wait to here more about your plans
Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Ok so changes!!!! I decided since we were able to get freeeee dining ( i have to add extra e's, its just that good.) we would be able to afford a longer stay. So now insted of Dec 1st-6th, its Dec 1st-8th! And they extended the freeee dining! Im new to the Disney booking business and some places are funny about their deals and changing them after the fact. I'm glad Disney doesnt seem to be! Although paying the $150 change fee thru Airtran did hurt, I def. think it is worth it! I'm saving $560 with the free dining, and we all know that I cannot turn down a deal, or an opportunity for a longer vacation!

Thats all for now, soon I will have my ADR's lined up, even tho i cannot reserve until September, I want to know ahead of time! Also I am looking into a better plan. What days to do what. We know we want to hit every park, DTD (i loooove to shop) and the Prime Outlet Malls (again, shoppping!, oh and if anyone can give me some info about Prime, i would love it!). Also thinking about maybe a day at Universal. Don't really know yet. Thanks guys! I love reading everyone elses PTR and TR's. It gives me something to fill my days. Being a recent college grad who is unemployed until my dental hygiene license gets approved by the state, I get very bored during the day! I have taken to watching the Disney channel to fill my time when I'm not on the DIS!!!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 06-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Back again! Sorry for the delay, but not much has changed in the last few days. But there are some ideas i am kicking around for the sheer fact that I have 5 more months and am going crazy! I am now thinking about a moderate or deluxe resort. Now I know I got freeee dining with my Value, and have no clue if I could even bump up to a better resort without compromising my dining deal. Plus convincing my DF to pay more might also be a problem. So I am assuming we will stick with value for this trip. We only planned 6 months out, with 4 months to pay for the trip, so staying cheap is probably our best bet. We will have to plan farther out for those more expensive stays!

I have also been kicking around the idea of a day at Universal. I checked tickets and the website yesterday, but Im just not sure I can go thru with it. It just does not seem nearly as magical as Disney. I did go to Universal on my Wish trip back in 1996, and it was a blast. However, this trip I wanted to be alllll about Disney. On the Wish trip we only has about 5 days in Florida, including travel days. We only got to see the Magic Kingdom (and not nearly all of it), spent half a day at Epcot (I was 10 and did not appreciate it at all!), and never made it to (then) MGM. We spent a day at Universal, and for the life of me I really dont remember anything else. I know we spent a lot of time at GKTW and not much time exploring. I just know that we did not experience even a fraction of what we could have, and it aggervates me that I cannot seem to remember anything! All in all tho, it was a trip of a lifetime, and without the Make a Wish Foundation, my family would never have experienced anything like that. It sparked my love for Disney and my intense desire to one day return on my own terms!

Oh well, in other news, with adding the 2 extra days, I totally forgot that I can choose 2 more ADR's! Now to figure them out! I keep telling DF to go thru my Passporter (just got that last week! love it!) and Unofficial guide to pick out some restaurants he might be interested in, but I have a feeling I will have to choose for the both of us.

Thats all for now, I will leave you with the ADR's I am considering for now! Feedback would be great!!!

Kona cafe (not sure if i found anything on the menu that stands out to me yet)
Tutto Italia (D)
Sanaa (D)
Chef Mickeys (breakfast)
Raglan Road (D)

Picture time! Not our greatest, but it's the only one I can find with both of us in it! DF is doing a lovely squint because of the sun hehe.
[IMG][/IMG]

Sept 2011 - POP

Last edited by Disneymoon09; 06-30-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

changes changes changes!

More news! In all my excitement to book an extra 2 days i cmpletely forgot about pop warner invading the value resorts for the last few days of our trip. Now I am panicing. Seriously panicing. I have tried to rent DVC points but alas, nothing is available. And I would lost at least 2 nights of free dining if I were to rent points, and I would really like to keep my dining. So I ran some numbers today and decided that we would resort hop on over to AKL for 2 nights. Check out of ASMo on Dec 6th and into AKL until the 8th. I know we will still be exposed to PW for at least one night, BUT I think we can handle it. Now i know I shouldnt judge the PW ppl ahead of time, but I really have not heard anything good about them. Parents are rude, kids are rude, granted my DF and I were teens not too many years ago, we were always polite and mindful of others. Once again, I'm only assuming chaos will ensue, but getting hundreds of teens together in one place can only lead to trouble IMHO. I did go to public high school after all! So I will shell out the extra cash and MAYBE surprise DF with this. AHHH!!! who honestly thinks I can pull that one off! HEHE! But I will try, because I know I get annoyed very easily by ppl, but DF, being a police officer, raised by a police officer father and grandfather, and allllll police officer friends, now HE gets beyond annoyed. And I would rather not hear all about it the whole time the PW crowd swarms upon us. Ok thats all for now, hope to have more soon!!!!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 07-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Alas! my plans were foiled. I spoke to a WONDERFUL disney rep who explained that I would be paying probably triple what I was already expecting to pay to switch resorts mid-way thru. She was awesome tho as I am super new to planning and didnt realize they treat you as a completely new guest even when you are just heading to a different resort during your stay. Oh well, she also told me that the pop warner isnt too bad (im sure they have to say that tho!) We'll see, and i guess if we hate it when we get there we can figure something else out!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
whoo!! disneymoon!!! congrats on that. cant wait to here more about your plans
Thanks! I have been majorly neglecting my PTR! A lot has happened in July and my mind has been all over. Hopefully August will be more productive and I can start updating at least once a week There are some pretty big changes coming!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Subbing in, and going back to read!

Old 08-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Looks like you have some great plans in the mix. Just spend most of your awake time at the parks and you won't have to worry about the Pop Warner crowds...

Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Looks like you have some great plans in the mix. Just spend most of your awake time at the parks and you won't have to worry about the Pop Warner crowds...
Thats going to be our plan! I'm really hoping they arent as bad as everyone says, but we'll just have to wait and see. Im hoping DF fixes my laptop today so I can get started on a major update. Posting one tomorrow is my goal!

Sept 2011 - POP

Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

Ok I am finally going to update!

First off, we have a wedding location! I emailed GKTW a while back to ask if it would be ok to have the wedding there. I honestly thought they would say no, and really thought that they would tell me that it was inappropriate to even ask. Well they got back to me and YES! They actually do a few weddings there a year and they are super helpful and awesome. So I called to speak to them and he was rattling off all of these things that they would do and mentally I was seeing $$$$$$. So I stopped him and politely asked if he could give me a ballpark figure and he stopped and said “what”? So I asked again. He’s like “oh I see what you are asking, and everything is taken care of.” Come again. These things don’t happen to me. So I asked “huh?” (very eloquent of me). He explained that since I was a former wish child that everything was taken care of and we didn’t owe a cent. HOLY MOLY! I think I almost dropped the phone. Like I said, these things do not happen to us! So here is what is included: ceremony anywhere on the grounds, pastor to perform ceremony, wedding cake, and he mentioned they were going to try to get a horse and carriage to take us to the wedding location, then around the grounds for my FIL to take pictures. Can you say “unbelievable!”. These people at GKTW are truly one of a kind. Amazing. I still don’t really believe it. We are so excited to be married there since it has always meant so much to my family ever since we were granted The Wish back in 1996.

So now my parents will be driving down, his parents will be driving down, and his brother will be flying down with us. No word on my sisters. Probably not though. Lots of drama there. I am hoping just these people make it down. I think the less the better, so that way we don’t have 20 people we need to keep track of the day of the wedding. I am also trying to find a salon/spa to get my hair and maybe makeup done the morning of. It’s a bit challenging though as we are getting married at 11, and usually the salons do not open until 9. But there is one right down the road from GKTW that looks good, so I might call them up soon and talk about timing everything. I can change at GKTW so that should help as well.

I can make my ADR’s on Wednesday, which also happens to be my birthday! I have a list that I am not 100% on yet. I know we want Le Cellier, but other than that one, I’m not dead set on anywhere else. We will not do character dining as I’m sure my DF would not get into it. But I might give Chef Mickey’s a try. We’ll see what’s available when I wake up on Wednesday to book bright and early! Ok here is the list I have so far:

Le Cellier (D)
Boma (D)
Rose and Crown (?) (D)
Kona (D)
Teppan Edo (D)
Raglan Road (D)
Beaches and Cream (this might end up being OOP for Lunch)
Sanna (D) also unsure.
We also thought about Tutto Italia, but I’m not sold on it yet.

If anything, I will make these and think on them for a few days and try to change. I hope since it is value season we will have some wiggle room with ADR’s and crowds, but since they opened up free dining to the general public I have a feeling that will create some problems. Here’s hoping!

Hmm..i think this may be all for now. I’m hoping that park hours come out right on time tomorrow (sept 1) so I can get to planning our days, but who knows if that will happen! I think we will probably be going to US/IoA with my DF parents and brother on Thursday 12/3, but since it closes at around 5pm, we will probably head to a park with EMH for the evening. We are even thinking about getting the 2park 7 day pass for US/IoA so we could go when we wanted and not have to devote a whole day. We’ll see.

A lot is still up in the air. We are still both looking for jobs. I currently have 3 part time jobs, however, one will be ending at the end of Oct. and another I am not happy with at all. It is a substitute dental hygienist at the office here in my town, but I really feel like im compromising my ethics with some of their policies and I’m not comfortable with that at all. I have an appointment in mid September with an admissions counselor at the University in our town to go over my transcripts. I am thinking about finishing my bachelors since all I graduated with was an associate’s degree. I’m not sure if dental hygiene is what I want to do now that I’m out in the real world. Stinks since I put so much time and money into my degree, but I don’t want to settle for a career I’m not happy with.

Ok that’s all for now, I hope to be much better with updating once park hours are out and I can start making up a good itinerary!

Sept 2011 - POP

Last edited by Disneymoon09; 08-31-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: bad bad color choice!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

I will post a nice update later today, i have an interview at 1030! I made my ADR's this morning and will be attempting a good plan for our days

Sept 2011 - POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: