Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
How completely Providential that the last update you did involved Grandparents that were very dear to us, and in fact, had a LOT to do with our love of all things Disney. As you know, I have not been on the boards for a few weeks because my beloved Gramma passed away 3 weeks ago, resulting in an unexpected trip to the States.
My thoughts and prayers are still with you, hon.

Quote:
It was hard and painful, but I have so many amazing memories of her- incredibly many of which involve going to Disneyland. I wish I could have been there with you toasting Gramma along with you. Perhaps maroo and I can add a toast to her when we arrive next year. I think that'd be a poignant thing to do.
That would be a wonderful thing to do. It's very healing.

Quote:
Incidentally, while we were going through some of her things, I came across an AMAZING Disney relic of hers! I found a letter dated August, 1943 calling her in for an interview!!!! Can you believe it??!!! I've taken pix. and will do a post over on our PTR in a few days. It's on ancient Disney letterhead and everything! My love of Disney truly has bloodroots!!
Oh my goodness! That's amazing!!!! I would love to see pictures of it when you get a chance.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm playing TR catch up this week, and I fear it will take far more than that. Yikes! When I subbed to your reports, I truly wanted to be regular; I sure hope life will normalize now, and I can "visit" with you more often.

Liesa
You take your time, hon. I know it takes time for things to settle down.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: