Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Great report so far
waiting hard to hear more
This is my only regret about our DVC that we didn't try for a resale at BCV instead of buying into SSR, never know at the time you could do this but so far we have been lucky to get BCV at the 7 month window
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

I quit smoking on a trip to WDW in Sept 2004. Cold turkey, haven't touched one since.

Anxious to hear how your husband made out!

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGOOFY1 View Post
I am along for the ride. Can't wait for the updates!!
Here WE GO !!- Make sure to fasten your seat beats - because 'THIS HERE IS GOING TO BE THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!! - Sorry couldn't resist !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
How fantastic, what a great legacy your Mothers gift will give your family!! Looking forward to more!
Mom would be proud for sure - it will be a gift that will keep giving smiles to her grandkids (and myself) - for years !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
can't wait to hear more!
Thank goodness the laundry room is close to the computer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
Glad to see some pics of BCV. We're looking forward to staying there again in October.
I have way more pictures than I thought I did - but now I realize my camera isn't going to cut it. Need a major upgrade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotanmanandraerae View Post
I am enjoying your trip report! We leave in 19 days to stay the week at BCV! We love it there! SAB and the walk to Epcot are the best parts of staying there!
The walk to Epcot was amazing ! I think we may even get hoppers next time so that we can eat more dinners in the World Showcase - plus Illuminations is my favorite.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 06-29-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post

Did you see get to see Illuminations from there? I was wondering, though, what was the condition of the villa now? I remember that it was the only time I complained to maintenance because the room was so "tired", stains etc. Hopefully the room has been rehabbed (plus this was 2 years ago). But I absolutely loved it and would love to get that villa again. And did you get to see any movies on the beach? That's something I really enjoy at BCV.
We did see Illuminations from our balcony - it was so awesome. Except that my sister called from California - with an emergency- Micheal Jackson had died and she didn't know if we had a tv I guess When it came to interupting my fireworks - she quickly found out this was not an emergency !!

I would say that the studio was in good shape. Everything worked great and the storage space for all our crap was wonderful. The only very noticable stain was a white splash of sort at the top of the couch back - almost looked like the couch got nicked with a little paint, when some touch up was being done possibly. But other than that no problems. We did get to see some movies on the beach and that will be coming up towards the end of the trip - When we run out of steam at the parks early !!
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Old 06-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
staying at BCV in 20 days , can't wait to read more
I will go and be your personal tour guide - just let me know !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Thanks for your pictures! I had the exact same response to seeing YC/BC for the first time, that we never could afford it. We bought into DVC and within 3years we added BCV to our home resorts. I knew that if we ever didn't get into it at 7 months for a whole family summer vacation, it would be very sad.

Enjoy your trip! (OK...I just reread your post, you're home!) Looking forward to hearing more.

Bobbi
My DH has already said - "We will never stay anyplace else" - And "How do we add more points !" - And he is the budget freak !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
Great report so far
waiting hard to hear more
This is my only regret about our DVC that we didn't try for a resale at BCV instead of buying into SSR, never know at the time you could do this but so far we have been lucky to get BCV at the 7 month window
Thanks for the complement - I am having fun thinking about all the stuff we did. I actually thought about buying somewhere cheaper through resale - but knew that I would have a mutiny on my hands if we had to stay at OKW or SSR (the properties I was thinking would end up saving money.) - plus it was a great point for my DH to see that the value held as far as resale (which I will never do lol ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
I quit smoking on a trip to WDW in Sept 2004. Cold turkey, haven't touched one since.

Anxious to hear how your husband made out!
This will be covered in my next installment !

Last edited by Turtle31; 06-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #21
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I think we may even get hoppers next time so that we can eat more dinners in the World Showcase
A friend of mine almost always recommends skipping the hopper option. Waste of money, he says. Just visit one park each day, you'll have plenty to do. The exception? If you're staying at BCV/BWV, you must have hoppers for dinner!
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
My mother was the reason I feel in love with Disney.... she even took me and my sister on the Disney Cruise for Christmas one year (I was 14.) I also felt it was a way that my whole family would benefit for years to come. And I knew in my heart it was something my mother would have been so proud of me for doing.
Just love your report so far! So nice that you were able to honor your Mom like this! Brought a tear to my eyes!

Can't wait to hear more......

Cyndi
Old 06-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
I will go and be your personal tour guide - just let me know !!
Do you have any BWV tips or secrets?
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #24
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Day 1 cont'd

We are at the pool for about 30 minutes and the wind starts to whip up and then thunder. Uh- oh ... the lifeguard calls out that electrical activity has been reported with in close proximity and they must clear the pool.

At this point I am happy that the lifeguard is making everyone get out of the pool - because now I don't have to be the bad guy! As we walk back to the table where we had put our stuff, here comes DH, he is clueless. I tell him they have cleared the pool and we should go back to the room to change into nice clothes for our Flying Fish adr. He seems to have chilled out a little bit, and I was grateful for that.

When we got back to the room I began taking some pictures of the room and our view from the balcony :

Eiffel Tower in the distance:

Looking Downward:

The kids and I then begin to quickly change into dry clothes. As we walk back through the lobby towards the boat we realize we better hurry - we are about to become wet in our dry clothes !!

We get outside and start running for the lighthouse

There is a boat - people are getting off and running our direction. It is just drizzling barely, the people who are running down the plank say " The boat is stopped ! It won't be going anywhere. " My DH starts yelling - run, run for the hotel !! The kids and I turn and run straight for The Yacht Club lobby. We are inside two seconds and rain and wind like we don't ever see in Colorado breaks lose.

Then it hits me - no boat - no Flying Fish I go to the desk at The Yacht Club and they say "Maybe a bus will start to run to the boardwalk." But they seem really unsure. My DH says even if they send a bus by the time we get there we will be soaked. My DD is terrified of weather and begins freaking out. She is very concerned about funnel clouds. (I should have NEVER let her see Wizard of Oz.) I spend the next ten minutes trying to calm her and myself down. And then it hits me - We are stuck in The Yacht Club people - at The Happiest Place on Earth ! So I walk around the hallway and up to the desk at The Yachtsman Steak House. A very nice man there saves our evening. They can seat us within 30 minutes.

We are seated at about 9:15 (which thankfully is only 7:15 to us due to time zone issues) -

Our waiter was a very funny man I think his name was Roberto. He brought us Diet Cokes and a basket of warm bread and left us to look at the menu. When he returned our bread and drinks were gone. He makes a frown and says " What you no like the bread?" He says let me go talk to someone to see if they can bring a better batch. He then turns on his heel and says " I will find you better drinks also !" We just laughed.
He came back with more bread and drinks right away.

For the Appetizers we ordered the Chilled Seafood Salad and Lobster Bisque. The Shrimp was huge and DH finished the Bisque.
The kids got Chicken noodle soup,which my DS said was "the best soup he ever had" - I think he was really hungry !

For our Entrees we both ordered New York Strip Steak with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce and Potato Gratin with Diamond White Cheddar

I am going to have to be honest and say that the steak was way fatty. It did melt in your mouth and the taste was great, but alot of fat. The potatoes were very creamy - perfect.

For desert because of my Birthday button I was brought this lovely desert, and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me for the first time ! ( I think it is sung about 100 times before we leave for home !! - and I loved every minute of it !)

Then Roberto posed for a picture with me - What a nice man he was to us.

Then as if we haven't had enough food already --- because of deluxe dining we all order more desert of course. I decide that since the kids had such fun painting puzzles last year, I will get a puzzle too. They all think I am joking, but I am not ! So here is our desert puzzle.

The desert comes with one brownie and a cupcake - my daughter threw her brownie on my platter immediatly. We sat there together and painted masterpieces

It ended up being a perfect evening...

On the walk back to the room I tell DH I am very impressed with his rapid attitude improvement and hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier for him in the struggle to quit smoking. He smiles and says .... cigarettes were 9.25 a pack while you guys were swimming.... I spent my souvenir money for the day..... my jaw drops... and then I just laugh. Love him to death... he tried... but someone could have been killed had he not smoked this afternoon....

We head back to the room and get ready for bed. My DH quickly pulls out the couch and I begin to search the room for pillows and blanket for the pull-out. Nope can't find any.... ( anyone laughing yet.) I call down to mousekeeping.... Umm... can't find pillows and blanket for pull out couch. The nice lady says.. is the couch all the way out already... yes.... she says fold it half way back up and you will reveal a secret compartment that houses the two pillows and a blanket.... I laugh.. now I know I am at Disney World !!! How come no-one told me this !!

Goodnight !

Day 2: Hollywood Studios - and our first trip of many to Beaches n' Cream

Last edited by Turtle31; 06-30-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
Dreaming of Main St
Earning My Ears

Great report!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. We are very close to purchasing DVC and trying to decide between BLT and BCV resale. I'm really enjoying all of the BCV pictures...even the hallways! Love seeing all of the little details. Looking forward to reading more!
Dreaming of Main St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
rkwier
DIS Veteran

Your report just makes me smile. I can't wait for more!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #27
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Aww, so sorry your dh had to get a pak - altho I completely understand - I was hoping he found a patch or some nicorette gum!! Better luck to him next time!!

enjoying your report - I cant imagine how frightening that storm must've been - and the exercise you got going out to the boat and back!! Good thing Yachtsman got you in!! I love those au gratin potatoes - I didnt know it was a white cheddar cheese - I thought it was the greyere!!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #28
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Have to admire your husband for trying to quit during vacation. I hope I am not posting a taboo topic. I am an ex-smoker and a psychologist; I say, never try to quit during vacation (unless you are on vacation by yourself). Once the family is back home (now?), your hubby might want to visit your GP and discuss ways to quit smoking. Different folks need different techniques. For me the patch worked great, not so for my husband. He eventually went cold turkey but it was rough (for all of us). A friend of mine was able to get a Rx for Prozac and the patch. She swore by the technique.

I am really enjoying your report. Keep it coming. Your kids look like they enjoyed the "rain night".

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #29
ShuisFan584
Bowler & Softball player!
STAR pitcher!
Alright already, get Sheridan and Luis back together or fuggedaboutit!

It's nice to hear you had such a great trip. I can't wait to see some more pictures.

After our next trip in August, BCV will be one of two DVC resorts in WDW we haven't stayed at yet. I'm hoping to stay there for my honeymoon next year (mostly because I've been dying to use that pool!)

And it's funny how you talk about already borrowing from next year. When my parents first joined, we borrowed pretty much all of the points from the next year for our first trip! My parents have never had to bank points because we always need to borrow. And yet they still think they have enough points. Luckily, I bought my own membership this past October so that we have more points to use.

ShuisFan584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
Mahusky
West of Boston and East of Nowhere

Great popst cant wait to read the remaining 10 days.... I have pulled down the hand rail and am waiting for a crazy ride!!!!!
Mahusky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: