Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #1501
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Wow and Oh My Goodness!! How amazing!!

An upgrade to a deluxe on the monorail AND one night FREE!!!

Super pixie dust moment!!!

Cannot wait to read more!!

Kathy
Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #1502
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow! I love your view. I would love to stay on the ground floor, but DH has something against it.

I think she'll go for the slide.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #1503
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Laura, no, you didn't make my timeline but as soon as we got home I sprinted into the house to read your update! Then I helped unload the car...
Anita
Glad that errands took the backseat to DISing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, wow! It sounds like this is just the beginning of the surprises!!!
There is nothing as great as the room coming up...

Quote:
Laura, I think someone must have dumped a load of pixie dust on your family!
But there were some not so great moments later.... when I wondered where the magic went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I never did find it - I had never heard of them moving a family to another resort, so I was thinking more along the line of one of the suites at CSR. I'll keep the "secret" quiet... I think CP might have something similar up her sleeve...

That is SO great about getting rack rate credit!!!!!!!!!! That's like $300 isn't it???! And other credits? AWESOME! I'm so excited to read about them all!

Yep, someday we will stay at BLT-when it's inital popularity has worn off and we can get it at 7 months. I wish their rooms were the same as the main hotel though, I think the main hotel is prettier, but I do like BLT too-and the monorail with small kid(s)....I think I would LOVE that.
It was over 200 dollars... and at first I thought they were going to suite us there or something like that. I am glad we went to the Contemporary.... I loved it, the kids loved it, DH loved it.... I would highly recommend it, and I was not a fan before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's what I was thinking.
What a start!

Thanks MeMom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav&Seb View Post
I read your tripee last year and loved it. My family always goes in Novemeber, so reading this really gets me going! I can't wait for the next installment
I have a big one for tomorrow hopefully!

Quote:
I say yes to Em, and I think they are going to love that pool!
I did not realize until the second day there were two pools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
So pretty! I say yes to the slide!

I liked the slide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Your room looks like a great location. I can't wait to read about the pool.
It was crazy to follow the corridor, I did better taking the outside path, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Check out all the space in that room!!! Wow!

Love the bathroom -- how were the sinks -- did they drain well or threaten to overflow!

I am intrigued by the list of activities -- can't wait to see which ones your girls did.

Hurray for upcoming pool pics!
Those rooms are huge. The pics don't do it justice. We had two queens, a daybed and the pack and play and still lots of room. The bathrooms were huge too. Way bigger than any other Disney resort room...I wish they made them that big now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I saw that you had posted over on LL's PTR so I thought I would come by...wow your pictures of the Contemporary are just gorgeous!! And you have some beautiful children...I'm going to go back and read but I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your trip!
Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
wow.....so cool that you got moved to CR! it's not my dream resort or anything but i'd jump at the chance to stay there a couple of nights just to experience it. that kids check-in is so cute! can't wait to see how it all turns out!

by the way, the link that you have for "our room" on your index doesn't link to the post but a reply but someone. just thought you might want to know!
Fixed the link, sorry!

I am telling you it is a fantastic resort. I loved WL, but this has the best transportation.... and great dining options, stores, pools, activities, staff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Wow and Oh My Goodness!! How amazing!!

An upgrade to a deluxe on the monorail AND one night FREE!!!

Super pixie dust moment!!!

Cannot wait to read more!!

Kathy
It was great, hard to live up to though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Wow! I love your view. I would love to stay on the ground floor, but DH has something against it.

I think she'll go for the slide.
The upstairs garden view did not have balconies... which I would have missed and did miss at CSR!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #1504
Me&3
DIS Veteran

I am going for a yes on the slide for Emily. She is a little trooper. The view looks great.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 AM   #1505
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

I snapped some pics of our walk to the pool....

These are not the pictures I imagined that would be starting out your trip report! As for style, I'm not a Contemporary-type person, but it sure would be awesome to be steps away from Magic Kingdom for a few nights!

I'm sure the girls weren't old enough to feel like royalty as they checked in, but one day they'll look back and realize what a great opportunity that was!

And this getting back to reality talk...
I can't take much of that.
Let's just live happily ever after in your pictures!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #1506
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Wow! That room looks awesome! And I love the pics on the way to the pool. Can't wait to read more!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #1507
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm anxious to see how the pool rated for your family. That is one of the reasons that I have never seriously thought about staying at The Contemporary....we'll just ignore the price.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #1508
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

The grounds look much prettier than I thought they would! And the pic of BLT is great. My kids would LOVE to be at a monorail resort, I think. It was so easy when I was a kid and we stayed at the Poly. Of course, there was no DHS or AK then. We tried to hop a bus to AK after breakfast at Chef Mickey's last Sept., and had a heck of a wait. I don't know how much you rode the buses while you were there, but did you find them to be convenient?

October 2012 Trip report

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #1509
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

How exciting to be upgraded to a deluxe ! Especially to a resort you wouldn't normally pick.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #1510
White as Snow
Mouseketeer

Isn't it great how you can plan and plan...and plan and still end up with lots of surprises? Your view looks great! DH would love the Contemporary. We keep saying one day we are going to get DVC at BLT.......that one day is a looooooong way away. Here's hoping your next update isn't nearly that far off!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #1511
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I only saw the one pool by the dock, and it looked very neat. I'm not surprised that they had two, I can't wait to read all about your pool experiences!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #1512
moparop
DIS Veteran

That sounds soo soo awesome Laura! I have been drooling over the Contemporary ever since we found out baby #3 is on the way, and I think we are just going to have to go that route. I'd love to have all that extra space and the garden wing room still seems lovely. Glad to hear the family liked it too!!

Can't wait to hear about the swim and see the parade!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #1513
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What an unbelievable way to start the trip!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there for those two days!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #1514
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
I am going for a yes on the slide for Emily. She is a little trooper. The view looks great.
Emily has no fear... she puts big kids to shame! Too bad she is about an inch short of 40 inches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
These are not the pictures I imagined that would be starting out your trip report! As for style, I'm not a Contemporary-type person, but it sure would be awesome to be steps away from Magic Kingdom for a few nights!

I'm sure the girls weren't old enough to feel like royalty as they checked in, but one day they'll look back and realize what a great opportunity that was!

And this getting back to reality talk...
I can't take much of that.
Let's just live happily ever after in your pictures!!!
I took a lot of pics that first day or two... and I am now a Contemporary fan! I wish I would have gone up to the California Grill just to see. Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Wow! That room looks awesome! And I love the pics on the way to the pool. Can't wait to read more!
The rooms were super nice, I like the remodel. I was most thrilled by the space though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm anxious to see how the pool rated for your family. That is one of the reasons that I have never seriously thought about staying at The Contemporary....we'll just ignore the price.
You know that slide is actually from River Country. The lifeguard who got to know my crew well told us that. While it is not a pretty slide, it is a fun one!

Plus the additions to that area they are making are fantastic... more about that later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
The grounds look much prettier than I thought they would! And the pic of BLT is great. My kids would LOVE to be at a monorail resort, I think. It was so easy when I was a kid and we stayed at the Poly. Of course, there was no DHS or AK then. We tried to hop a bus to AK after breakfast at Chef Mickey's last Sept., and had a heck of a wait. I don't know how much you rode the buses while you were there, but did you find them to be convenient?
We only did one bus ride. It was similar to the bus experiences at WL. I am sure that the ride to AK takes a while, hence we made some changes to our plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
How exciting to be upgraded to a deluxe ! Especially to a resort you wouldn't normally pick.
I would recommend the Contemporary to anyone... I was really surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White as Snow View Post
Isn't it great how you can plan and plan...and plan and still end up with lots of surprises? Your view looks great! DH would love the Contemporary. We keep saying one day we are going to get DVC at BLT.......that one day is a looooooong way away. Here's hoping your next update isn't nearly that far off!
The plans at times went out the window... it is harder to travel with seven, an infant who you cannnot be sure how he would act, unbelievable heat and a three year old who certainly had a mind of her own. But we had a great trip...

Quote:
I only saw the one pool by the dock, and it looked very neat. I'm not surprised that they had two, I can't wait to read all about your pool experiences!
Coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
That sounds soo soo awesome Laura! I have been drooling over the Contemporary ever since we found out baby #3 is on the way, and I think we are just going to have to go that route. I'd love to have all that extra space and the garden wing room still seems lovely. Glad to hear the family liked it too!!

Can't wait to hear about the swim and see the parade!
I think the space there cannot be beat! Three could fit there for sure! The patio was so nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What an unbelievable way to start the trip!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there for those two days!

It was awesome
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #1515
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh, how exciting!! I have fond memories of staying at the Contemporary on my very first trip to WDW when I was 6 or 7. I can definitely see how you would like it, with the monorail and all the extra space.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: