Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #511
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I too love cheap cheeseburgers! I was just thinking that I didn't have enough cheeseburgers when we were at Disney.... another reason to go back!
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
LL!
Just a lurker coming out of the shadows. I've been really enjoying your TR! As for the towel animal All I can say is it must've been someone's first day on the job? If I had to pick one I'd go with the rhino cause of the peak on it's nose as you said.
Thanks for joining in and de-lurking. That's what I am thinking with the peak on the nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm glad u were able to get some rest. Sometimes, it's hard to remember it's vacation.......

Those burgers look awesome.
They were awesome, something very satisfying about a Disney burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Sorry about the cranky afternoon and such a bummer to be rained on so much!

I'm going to go with Rhino or Pig on the towel animal

The burger doesn't look as good as the filet but still looks wonderful compared to my "real world" food I've got in front of me
Oh I know, I would love a disney burger for lunch today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
Glad that you were able to rest! Our last trip we had to cancel one of our ADRs after an exhausting day. (Pizza in the room was pretty good after a hard day! ) Sometimes you just have to do what you need to. Can't wait to read more!
Yep, you do. No sense in making yourself more miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
One of the best burgers I have ever had on Disney property was at All-Star Sports. It was perfect - so delicious, and the one and only I have ever had there.

Checked out the gift shop. Good girls!

Settling into jammies and watching TV, getting those feet up for some well-deserved rest, Magic Kingdom ahead....good stuff!
I think the Pop burger was slightly better than ASMu which is probably ridiculous since they are pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Sometimes a nice relaxing evening is exactly what is needed -- you did a ton of stuff at Epcot and watching movies, eating in the food court, and browsing through the gift shop was a perfect way to spend the rest of the day.

I think the towel animal looks like a dog. Who knows though -- it's a mystery towel animal for sure.

Those cheeseburgers do look super delicious. All of the food pictures I am seeing on TRs today is really making my stomach growl!
We did get a lot done in Epcot! It's hard in the moment though to sacrifice park time for rest time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I'm glad you were both comfortable enough to lay down and chill out for a bit!!! YUMMY burgers!!!!
It was really nice to chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenharring View Post
I didnt know you were writing a tr. Well I'm here now! I need to get ready for work but I will get all caught up tonight. This will give me some nice reading tonight.
Wlecome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapbook Stacy View Post
I think it is a rhino too! Yea for an update about the mannatees!
I love the manatees...I can't wait to see them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenharring View Post
Great tr so far! I like the idea of having something with you to take notes, though twittering might work. Im a member of twitter, but havent really used it, I guess I'll have to look into it more before our next trip. Can't wait to read more. We stayed at ASMu from June 4th- 11th.
I love twittering, I had a lot of fun with it! What section of ASMu, did you stay at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
A little flexibility in your plan is the only way to do it. SO I am glad you listened to that voice, I am sure the next day was that much better because you rested!
Yes, flexibility is key. I don't know what made us think we could keep going and going like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Not to hurry you along but officially.........tag, you're it!
I know I know! Today hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I followed you over from Laura's TR. I'm almost caught up. Love it so far. I am on the Part 2 of Living with the Land. That flower that you bought brought back memories for me. My Grandpa used to buy something similar but he called them jewel boxes. I looked up the real name...def. not jewel box.

Okay, off to finish.
Hehehe....def not jewel box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Ugh. I've been there. I hate being in a bad mood at Disney but that is what happened in November at times. I was in a bad mood/cranky. Thus leading me to get mad at myself, thus making me more cranky.

Your pictures at LeCellier has me drooling! OMGosh, I just love the food there. I also feel weird taking pix of the food, but a Diser has to do what a Diser has to do.

I think the towel animal is a rhino if that makes any difference.
That's just it too, you are in a bad mood and then you get more mad at yourself and it's hard to get out of it!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #512
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I love relaxing moments at WDW! Sometimes, when your plans go out the window, and things get all mixed up it makes for some really wonderful memories. Relaxing, napping and watching a chick-flick with a girlfriend, followed by yummy cheeseburgers - perfect recipe for an enjoyable rainy night!

Those cheeseburgers seriously look amazing. I'm going for sushi tonight, but I wonder if they serve burgers too...
It was a really enjoyable night!
How was the sushi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
HOW did I miss your update!? Those cheeseburgers do look seriously good. But I do wonder why the default on the menus is always the double cheeseburger? What about the good old fashioned single?

Sorry you were cranky. Hope the nap, ABC Family movie and greasy junk food rejuvinated you. It always works wonders for me!

So you didn't eat at Sanaa. I was hoping to hear rave reviews.

Can't wait to hear what is next.
Greasy junk food is always good when you are grumpy, comfort food at it's best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I'm with Jen on knowing how movies end. I'm the same way about books too. I'll start a book and before I get halfway I just HAVE to read the ending.

Sometimes having a quiet night in the room is the BEST way to go.
Oh, I can't stand to know how a book ends. When I bought the last Harry Potter book...which I stood in line for at midnight, I wouldn't even let Marc listen to the radio on the way home in fear that someone would ruin it for me. I didn't watch tv, go on the computer or listen to the radio until I finished it. I don't like the endings ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Just relaxing at the hotel is a great thing to do on any vacation! And with all that rain it sounds like just the thing to do!!

How did the sock shopping go?
It was nice and I am glad we did it. I never got to the Sox Market. I didn't have time yesterday, I do have some decent socks to start out with...I am just going to use those until I get back up there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #513
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi LL! It's a rainy, rainy day here so what better way to spend it then to get caught up on your TR ?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #514
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi LL! It's a rainy, rainy day here so what better way to spend it then to get caught up on your TR ?

Hey! Thanks for joining me over here!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #515
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Tinkerbell Snot.

Sunday May 24th. Day 3.

We set the alarm and had a more leisurely morning of getting ready. We made sure to drink some soda so we didn't suffer caffeine withdrawals like we did the day before. I also snacked on a granola bar for breakfast. I spent quite a bit of time bandaging my feet and getting them wrapped up in order to provide some comfort from my blisters. I also decided to wear socks with my Crocs in order to give my feet more protection. I was feeling better, more hopeful that today was going to be better. How could it not be? We were headed to MAGIC KINGDOM!

We made it to the Ticket and Transportation Center and there was a HUGE line for the monorail. If you read my last TR, you remember how much I loved riding the boat from WL to MK, so I persuaded Jen to take the riverboat over to the MK. This is something I had never done and I really loved it! You will be sad though because while I was enjoying it, I didn't even take my camera out to take a single picture. I did that a lot this trip, just enjoyed my time and the surroundings without the camera up to my face. Sorry loyal readers....

We arrived at the MK gates just in time to catch the last half of the opening show...again, I didn't take out my camera. We were let into the Magic Kingdom and who do I see walk in front of me over to the side...MARY POPPINS! I stopped and watched her walk inside, I thought about lingering to see if she'd come back out but we had a date with Fantasyland.

We walked through some of the Main Street shops as we made our way up to the Castle. Jen was kind enough to snap this photo for me of this beautiful light.

We made our way to the castle and I still hadn't taken my camera! Can you believe it? I was just enjoying the Magic Kingdom. Jen snapped these photos.

This picture looks like it could be in a Disney brochure!

We walked over to the side of the Castle to head towards Fantasyland and who do we spot??

We were the second group in line and I was so excited, these weren't characters I had met before! Lady Tremaine made a comment about our Tinkerbell shirts and the little bugs on them, she also informed us that pixie dust was actually Tinkerbell snot...just so you all know. They were great and in character and I would wait to meet them in the future.

After we met the ladies, we headed over to Peter Pan's Flight. Funnily enough the fastpass machines were not turned on. We wanted to get ones for later that night. We jumped on and enjoyed our flight to Neverland. I really love Peter Pan. I think it's a wonderful ride and I always notice new things. I could ride it over and over again.

After Peter Pan we went to over to It's a Small World. We were hoping to get on our own boat but a family came over and sat behind us at the last minute. That's okay, we are good sharers.

I finaaaaaally took out my camera and also a little gnome...NOBBY! He loves It's A Small World, sadly this would be the only ride he would experience with us. I am a bad Gnome Wrangler.

The rule follower in me nearly had an heart attack taking this picture but I did it. I had visions of Nobby falling into the water and ruining the ride FOREVER. It turned out cute though!

And with a completed ride of It's A Small World.....I leave you with this....

Delicious Bites, Halloween Frights & Character Delights. LL is Going Back!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #516
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

great update, I am looking forward to reading more on your day at MK, the start sounds good! I love the ferry boats from the TTC, I think it is a great way to travel to the MK. And sometimes you just need to enjoy everything without taking pictures! Off to check out that new link now!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 06-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #517
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Pixie dust is actually Tinkerbell snot!

That is good!

I think I want to put that on a t-shirt!

Jen's pics could be in a Disney brochure. Sometimes you do need to put the camera down and just experience it. Good for you!!

I would have been panicking for Nobby's safety too. Glad it turned out OK!

thanks for a Sunday update!

Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #518
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

No way, a new pre-trip report. You lucky girl. Marc is a prince straight from a story book!!!

Loved the update. Sometimes its just nice to enjoy the trip and not worry about picture taking. It all looks different when your not always behind the camera. Unfortunately you miss a lot while taking pictures.

I have so got to meet the step sisters. Were they behind the castle? Okay I dont remember those shirts from you PTR. I want one. Would you PM me that design. Please.

Okay I am off to read your new PTR as I turn the darkest shade of green with envy!!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #519
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
We made our way to the castle and I still hadn't taken my camera! Can you believe it? I was just enjoying the Magic Kingdom. Jen snapped these photos.

This picture looks like it could be in a Disney brochure!

We walked over to the side of the Castle to head towards Fantasyland and who do we spot??

We were the second group in line and I was so excited, these weren't characters I had met before! They were great and in character and I would wait to meet them in the future.

The rule follower in me nearly had an heart attack taking this picture but I did it. I had visions of Nobby falling into the water and ruining the ride FOREVER. It turned out cute though!
That is an incredible picture of the castle!

Score on meeting the bad girls! We're hoping to get a picture of/with them on our next trip.

Nobby looks cute enjoying the ride.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #520
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I agree, sometimes it is so nice to just sit back and enjoy yourself without a camera stuck to your face. I experienced that in November because I had a 2 month old in a sling so I didn't have a chance to take many pictures, it felt more relaxed that way.

That is hilarious about the Tinkerbell snot! We saw those ladies on our last trip but my DD was too scared to approach them. Hopefully we'll speak to them this time.

Can't wait to hear more about your day. As far as the blisters I bought the Band-Aid Friction Block Stick for our PA trip in May. I used it every day and didn't get one blister and we walked A LOT! It doesn't make your feet slick at all either. I love it.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #521
Scrapbook Stacy
Mouseketeer

Yea! Another trip coming up for you! AWESOME! We are leaving in 5 days and we will be spending the 4th at the Magic Kingdom, I am so exited!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #522
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Great update! It must have been nice to have 2 people taking pictures...like that morning, so when one person is taking it all in the other is capturing it. DH doesn't really take pictures and we he does....well ....

Old 06-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #523
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh LL, I'm so excited for you! And me! A whole new PTR to read.

We met the same Lady Tremain. She was great. So funny and in character.

You did the right thing with your room break. The point of going to WDW is to make wonderful memories. They're not all made in the parks or at restaraunts. thumbsup2
Old 06-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #524
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Those castle pictures are AMAZING!!!!

That is cool how you were just enjoying your time in the MK without your camera. Sometimes you just need to do that!

Oh, and I'm off to check out your new PTR too!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #525
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Tinkerbelle Snot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Lord Have Mercy I can't stop laughing!!!! That is fabulous!!!! Those pics are great by the way!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: