Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Our 1st FAMILY vacation... We survived! 6/20 - 6/27 at POFQ (pg 9) LAST DAY

Welcome to my trip report! We got back yesterday and with laundry piling up, I decided to take a break and start this up. I've been uploading pictures, uploading photopass and after 402 pictures taken, I'm about 1 quarter through editing them.

A little background if you didn't read my PTR (1st Trip as a (blended) family!):
*me* Deedee - 32 (as of Sunday) work as an IT Project Manager, and everything I can save... I put into this trip for my kids. I've always been a single mom and have done everything I could to give Catherine everything. We've had Annual Passes for years and enjoy everything about Disney.
Steve - 35 he's a single dad to his 2 kids.
We began dating Sept 07 and will be getting married 9/5/09. We waited a good year to move in together, and I'm glad we waited... it was the right thing for the kids, but... if we'd waited another month, I'd have been half crazy. LOL

Catherine - 8, my DD. She's a Disney freak and can probably tell you where everything in WDW is located. Her teacher told her she should write a childrens story about WDW. She is a great student and athlete, I am very proud of her.
Jack - 7 (just 5 mos younger then Catherine) is Steve's oldest. He's all boy. He loves to skateboard, play basketball and baseball. He is a chatterbox but good student when he puts the time forth to actually try. Jack and Catherine are so close in age, they spend much more time fighting the not. If they took time to find their common grounds, we think they'd get along great.
Emma - 4 is Steve's youngest and completely owns my heart. She is a stubborn, strong minded little thing, but we love her so much. She has an amazing sense of humor and can make us laugh all the time. She's fearless as all get out and cannot wait to go to Disney.

Jack & Emma have only been to Magic Kingdom, and only one to two times. So this trip will be a big 1st for them. Its also the 1st vacation Steve has taken as an adult, and he also has only been to Magic Kingdom.... so this is just a big trip for them all.

For me - I've always done Disney alone with Catherine. I've always wanted that "dad" there to do things with, to share the burden, to share the happy moments etc. I was so excited to share this with Steve. I was also very excited to see this through the eyes of 1st times and watch Jack & Emma experience it all for the 1st time!

I'll post the 1st chapter soon Day 1 is looking to be a long one, that is not like me, so please stay tuned!

Last edited by catherines_mama; 08-14-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: