Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
princess'mum
Mom

Rides for little girl?

Hi,
we are going for DLP for the first time 5.7. Our daughter is 3, almost 4, but she does not like any wild rides. What rides do you recommend for her? Princesses are her "thing" at the moment so lunch/dinner at Auberge is planned We have 2 full days to enjoy the parks.
princess'mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Hello!

My dd was just 3 when we went in December! She hated the Snow White ride, too dark and scary for her!

She loved the carousel, dumbo, Peter Pan, Teacups, Storybook boats, Casey Jr and It's A Small World (her absolute favourite) all in Fantastyland. Pirates of The Caribbean (Adventureland) Buzz and Orbitron (Discoveryland) and Cars, Flying Carpets and The Studio Tram Tour in the Studios!

There is the Sleeping Beauty Castle which is an absolute must for any wannabe princess with the sleeping dragon underneath and snoring guard on the balcony level. There was also a Sleeping Beauty show in the castle courtyard when we went, but not sure if this is still on, and the various meet and greats!

She will have a ball!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

my dd just turned 4 for our last trip her sis was nearly 3.
they both luved caracols, its a small world, tea cups, dumbo, flying carpets, cars. my 4 yr old cried on snowwhite and didnt want to go on poninico or peter pan again. there werent bother by buzz but i luved it . they both luved the shows+ parades party time with mickey at central plaza, minnies party train, the main parade, star + cars, mickeymouse club house, stitch live and animagicque. Not to mention the meet+greets. they both had a fab time cant wait to go back
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Agree with what has been said here already. My DD1 was 3.5 yrs when we went last year - she loved IASW and also Peter Pan - think that was her favourite. She also loved going around Alice's Labyrinth.

You now have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse/Playhouse Disney at the Studios too as someone has said - that has to be a winner.

DD1 also liked Stitch Interactive & Animaque in the Studios too. As well as Aladdin's magic carpet ride and also the 'Cars Rally' ride too.

She did find both Snow White & Pinnochio rides quite scary - they are dark and feature heavily on the 'down/villanous' sides to the stories. She also wasn't keen on Pirates of the Carribean as walking thru the tunnels to get to the ride is dark and eerie imo.

There is loads for your DD - she will love it Auberge is fantastic and was the highlight of our trip - hope you don't mind me saying but it's worth booking a table before you go - lots of people get turned away from this place even when the parks are fairly quiet as it's v v popular.
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Hi princess'mum,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
The REAL Minnie
Earning My Ears

I second what everyone has said, all those rides, shows and parades were completely loved by my DD (age 3). Her favourite ride was TOT closely followed by It's a small world and POTC. POTC is very dark though and the little lad we were with was terrified of it.
The REAL Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
princess'mum
Mom

Many thanks for the comments! I will book the Auberge next and just wait for our holiday to start.
princess'mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
nobby
Why look for the way out when you know the way in

The whole of fantastyland - in particular, Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan, Casey's Train - snow white could be a touch scary for some although pretty tame really. Also Buzz lightyear, Pirates of the caribbean.

2012 DH, 2010 DH, 2009 DH, 2007 DH, 2006 NY, 2005 DH, 2004 NPB, 2003 DH, 1999 DH
nobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rides, small children

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: