Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #3256
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I just got a call from DCL stating our Day at the Baths tour has been cancelled. I'm so upset! That was the one thing we were looking forward to the most! Off to do some investigating.
Did they say why?

You can get to the baths by yourself - cheaper than DCL - that is what we are considering.

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #3257
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
I just got a call from DCL stating our Day at the Baths tour has been cancelled. I'm so upset! That was the one thing we were looking forward to the most! Off to do some investigating.

That's a shame. I wonder why?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #3258
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Did they say why?

You can get to the baths by yourself - cheaper than DCL - that is what we are considering.

-Kay
I did a tiny bit of research and came across this. I think you have to take a ferry from Tortola to Virgin Gorda.

http://www.speedysbvi.com/

Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #3259
iankh

I thought, for everyone's benefit I would do a recap of the events that have been planned as part of this cruise by folks on this thread.

DIS Dinner and Meet-up at Fishlips Restaurant, Sept 11, Night Before the Cruise Let the fun start early, the night before the cruise with a DIS dinner meet-up at Fishlips Restaurant. RSVP and your party will be added to the list. It will help with getting an accurate count so that a table or tables can be booked. For more information about Fishlips Restaurant click here.

Champagne Girls Tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 13th, 2:00 p.m. at Diversions. This event is a champagne tasting.....we'll sample different champagnes ranging from dry to sweet and learn something about each of them. We would like everyone to wear PINK. Pink tiaras and boas will be provided. We will take a group picture. Our mascott is Sassy Bubbles and she will be dressed like a pink tink.....aka....Cheri. It's not necessary for everyone to drink champagne. We have tasters.....they will sample the champagnes. We have sippers....they will only have a little. We have non champagne drinkers....they can order whatever they want. There will be an additional charge to participate, but it will be minimal....usually $10 for tasters and $5 for sippers....no charge for non champagne drinkers. We'll try to keep it in this price range. Pictures will be available at Shutters for purchase separately. Deb will need to know the size of the group so that she can make appropriate plans with DCL and have sufficient champagne.

Shot's Around the Ship will take place on Sunday night, September 13th, at about 10-ish PM. You can drink whatever you want, water, soda, or rot-gut. When we're ready, as a group, we'll move on to another bar on the ship. It is meant to be just a relaxed way for folks to get together and chat. Many of my friends on this cruise, I first met at Shots Around the Ship on another cruise. The count of respondents will provide information to make sure that DCL has our first venue staffed appropriately for the size of the gathering.

Fish Extenders. This is a little gift exchange, and it can be a lot of fun and full of surprises. A count of cabins and people will be needed in advance, so that the exchange can be organized, goodies purchased, etc.

Walking on Water is meant to be a way to keep active on board ship. I am planning on going for a long walk everyday and invite others to join me. I will be asking a bit more below, so I can get a better idea of what folks are looking for. This is the first time I've planned this sort of activity.

To express an interest in participating in any of the above click here. Your interest will be shared with the appropriate organizer. This particular survey will close at midnight on July 12th.

If you are interested in Lanyards, please send a PM to Monica at mishoe01

Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #3260
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:

No way. I am so sorry! I can't wait to find out WHY!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #3261
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyC_fan View Post
No way. I am so sorry! I can't wait to find out WHY!
Hi Jennifer, I was just going to send you a pm but see you already found out the sad news This was the excursion I booked too, and was really looking forward to it! I was checking on line last night after work just in case a Palo brunch became available (it didn't ) and noticed that my Baths excursion was gone, and no longer available to book. I called DCL and they said the company providing this excursion to DCL had cancelled with them. Not sure this is true, but it's what they told me. Last night the only other excursion going there, the tour to Virgin Gorda was completely booked. I tried to get them to sqeeze just one more in (me!) but they couldn't and wouldn't put me on a waiting list either. Someone was supposed to call me back today but they didn't. I was at work all day but I do have call display...no calls! Anyway, I just went on their site and the Virgin Gorda tour is available again, so if anyone's interested in that one I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I wonder if they've added a second tour or if someone just happened to cancel? Does anyone have a starting time other than 7:45? I thought about doing this on my own too, but since I'm travelling solo it really would be on my own and I'm just not quite that brave

Kathe

Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #3262
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Wow Ian....that's a perfect synopsis of our cruise activities. Thank you so much for putting it together for us. This really is going to be a fun trip. I can't wait to meet and re-meet everyone. Sunday is going to be my favorite day.....Champagne Girls and Shots Around The Ship....with plenty of time to nap in between....hahaha. I can't wait.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #3263
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Hi from WDW everyone!!!! We're just down here for the weekend. We've been at Epcot today. We came down for the pin event this weekend so that's what we've done most of the day. MK's open til 2 this morning so we're heading over there in a little while.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #3264
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post
Hi Jennifer, I was just going to send you a pm but see you already found out the sad news This was the excursion I booked too, and was really looking forward to it! I was checking on line last night after work just in case a Palo brunch became available (it didn't ) and noticed that my Baths excursion was gone, and no longer available to book. I called DCL and they said the company providing this excursion to DCL had cancelled with them. Not sure this is true, but it's what they told me. Last night the only other excursion going there, the tour to Virgin Gorda was completely booked. I tried to get them to sqeeze just one more in (me!) but they couldn't and wouldn't put me on a waiting list either. Someone was supposed to call me back today but they didn't. I was at work all day but I do have call display...no calls! Anyway, I just went on their site and the Virgin Gorda tour is available again, so if anyone's interested in that one I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I wonder if they've added a second tour or if someone just happened to cancel? Does anyone have a starting time other than 7:45? I thought about doing this on my own too, but since I'm travelling solo it really would be on my own and I'm just not quite that brave

Kathe
You're welcome to go on the land and sea tour with us. Not quite as exciting as the Baths, but you know what an old-fogie Sukie can be. However, I promise that we can provide, supplemental (and amusing) commentary.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #3265
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
You're welcome to go on the land and sea tour with us. Not quite as exciting as the Baths, but you know what an old-fogie Sukie can be. However, I promise that we can provide, supplemental (and amusing) commentary.
Thanks so much for the offer Ian I would take you up on it too, but I did manage to book the Virgin Gorda excursion that became available today. It will be shorter than what I had, but at least I'll get to see the Baths. I don't know how long your tour is,but mine is back fairly early, so I'm planning on walking around town in the afternoon...if you and Sukie or anyone else wants to join me I'd love the company, and commentary

Kathe

Old 06-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #3266
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
We're on the 8:15am land and sea tour. Which one are you and Sukie on?
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #3267
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the offer Ian I would take you up on it too, but I did manage to book the Virgin Gorda excursion that became available today. It will be shorter than what I had, but at least I'll get to see the Baths. I don't know how long your tour is,but mine is back fairly early, so I'm planning on walking around town in the afternoon...if you and Sukie or anyone else wants to join me I'd love the company, and commentary

Kathe
Cheri, where are you I know I'm quoting myself but this just made me think of you, and our walking tour in Aruba! What plans have you made?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #3268
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
We're on the 8:15am land and sea tour. Which one are you and Sukie on?
I need to remember this in case my tour gets cancelled again!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #3269
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I need to remember this in case my tour gets cancelled again!

I just sent you a PM.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #3270
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Wow Ian....that's a perfect synopsis of our cruise activities. Thank you so much for putting it together for us. This really is going to be a fun trip. I can't wait to meet and re-meet everyone. Sunday is going to be my favorite day.....Champagne Girls and Shots Around The Ship....with plenty of time to nap in between....hahaha. I can't wait.
I'm really looking forward to this too Deb

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: