Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #196
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I have been using the online system for the past week and I have been getting prime times for a lot of popular restaurants, including Ohana, Coral reef and Tusker House bfast. Keep checking. If all else fails with Ohana, you can grab a drink and watch Wishes and then eat.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #197
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Keep trying to use the online system!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I have been using the online system for the past week and I have been getting prime times for a lot of popular restaurants, including Ohana, Coral reef and Tusker House bfast. Keep checking. If all else fails with Ohana, you can grab a drink and watch Wishes and then eat.
The Tusker House res I don't mind. I wanted it on the early side. I was thinking of switching from Coral Reef to Yachtsman Steakhouse. Has anyone ever eaten there? I'll keep checking back just incase something else opens up.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #198
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

The same thing happened with us with 'Ohana and Le Cellier!!! We are going to Coral Reef instead of Le Cellier, and Michael actually sounds more excited about it. I just couldn't do the 9:30 'Ohana ressie. It was open for us too... We're really early dinner people. We'd be sick if we had to wait that long. I'm a little skeptical of the online ressie thing. I successfully made two the other day (for dates we don't have) and it confirmed it, but didn't ask for my ressie # or name or anything! So I hope they aren't double booking a lot of people and screwing up our dining system while we're there

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #199
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
The same thing happened with us with 'Ohana and Le Cellier!!! We are going to Coral Reef instead of Le Cellier, and Michael actually sounds more excited about it. I just couldn't do the 9:30 'Ohana ressie. It was open for us too... We're really early dinner people. We'd be sick if we had to wait that long. I'm a little skeptical of the online ressie thing. I successfully made two the other day (for dates we don't have) and it confirmed it, but didn't ask for my ressie # or name or anything! So I hope they aren't double booking a lot of people and screwing up our dining system while we're there
We're going to Coral Reef instead too! I got a late lunch reservation there instead of dinner. I'm going to cancel the Ohana reservation. I got an ADR at WCC instead at 7:30. I really wanted to do Ohana but it's just too late for dinner. I wonder why they booked so fast!

You don't need a confirmation number to make an ADR. That's only used for the 90+10. It's weird that they didn't ask for your name though. I really wish they would have rolled this out AFTER we made our reservations. It was better when only the TAs could use it!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #200
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Just found your PTR through Lynn's TR. Lovin' it so far.

Don't you love upgrading from a value to a deluxe? We did that for our trip in August and I can't wait!! We were debating on AKL or VWL, but I decided to do VWL b/c I love the whole National Park theming. Can't wait to hear what you think of AKL.

That Vera Bradley wallet/ID holder is really cute. I just the Little Betsy tote in Peacock and I love it! Unfortunately, now I'm hooked on VB stuff which is something I swore I'd never do -- d'oh!

Your NKOTB pictures were really good, especially the one of Joey. Ah, memories...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #201
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
Just found your PTR through Lynn's TR. Lovin' it so far.

Don't you love upgrading from a value to a deluxe? We did that for our trip in August and I can't wait!! We were debating on AKL or VWL, but I decided to do VWL b/c I love the whole National Park theming. Can't wait to hear what you think of AKL.

That Vera Bradley wallet/ID holder is really cute. I just the Little Betsy tote in Peacock and I love it! Unfortunately, now I'm hooked on VB stuff which is something I swore I'd never do -- d'oh!

Your NKOTB pictures were really good, especially the one of Joey. Ah, memories...
Hi! I've seen you around Lynn's TR.

We were debating on WL and AKL too! Orginally, I had WL booked but found I could get a studio villa in Jambo House for less so I jumped on that. I definitely want to stay in WL next year (or whenever we go again!) even if it's only for a night. It's beautiful!

Ever since I got that wallet, I've noticed VB EVERYWHERE! So many people have those bags, it's unreal.

I am a Joey girl, always. I've loved him since I was 6 years old lol. Never changed!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #202
Delay Fish
Just keep swimming, swimming...

Hi Again!

Love your PTR!

I definitely need a pre-Disney shopping trip. You have inspired me! Kohl's here I come!

What's your favorite thing to get at Pecos Bill's? We have never been there, we usually do Cosmic Ray's, but I would love to try it this trip.

Becky - Mama to a 9 year old and a 11 year old

September 1995 - Off Property - Kissimmee * April 2000 - Dolphin and Contemporary * February 2004 - Caribbean Beach Resort * March 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside *
September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort * September 2008 - Disneyland and California Adventure *
December 2009 - LBV Resort Village and Spa * May 2011 - LBV Resort Village and Spa
Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #203
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay Fish View Post
Hi Again!

Love your PTR!

I definitely need a pre-Disney shopping trip. You have inspired me! Kohl's here I come!

What's your favorite thing to get at Pecos Bill's? We have never been there, we usually do Cosmic Ray's, but I would love to try it this trip.
Hi! Thanks!

Kohl's has a whole bunch of Disney shirts. And they are almost always on sale! I got those two I posted in my PTR and when I went back to weeks later, they had 3 more I wanted!

I usually get a burger or the taco salad at Pecos Bill's. They have a toppings bar so they give you everything plain and you can put what you want on it. My DBf usually gets the chicken wrap and it's the size of my arm!! It's also a good place to catch the parades from Frontierland. There is an outdoor seating area in the back. I've never been to Cosmic Ray's so we may stop there this trip!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #204
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Isn't it crazy how many VB bags there are out there? It's like they are invading the world, one bag at a time. I really thought they were unfortunate looking the first time I saw one, but now...I'm totally hooked.

Are you renting DVC points by chance? That's what we decided to do. I couldn't believe how much $$$ we saved -- like $1300 or something crazy like that. So cool!!

Ooh, Kohl's sells Disney shirts? How have I missed them?? I'll have to check that out this weekend.

I can't believe you've never been to Cosmic Ray's -- it's a must for us! It sort of became a tradition for lunch on the first day and now I just HAVE to eat there at least once a trip. You should definitely try it. I really like Peco Bill's, too. Their taco salads are yummy!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #205
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
Isn't it crazy how many VB bags there are out there? It's like they are invading the world, one bag at a time. I really thought they were unfortunate looking the first time I saw one, but now...I'm totally hooked.

Are you renting DVC points by chance? That's what we decided to do. I couldn't believe how much $$$ we saved -- like $1300 or something crazy like that. So cool!!

Ooh, Kohl's sells Disney shirts? How have I missed them?? I'll have to check that out this weekend.

I can't believe you've never been to Cosmic Ray's -- it's a must for us! It sort of became a tradition for lunch on the first day and now I just HAVE to eat there at least once a trip. You should definitely try it. I really like Peco Bill's, too. Their taco salads are yummy!
No, we didn't rent DVC points. I thought about it but from what I know, people aren't too keen on renting them unless you're staying for a longer period of time. We're only staying there two nights. I got a travel agent rate though and saved myself some money. I'm paying less for that than I would have for a Woods View room at WL.

Yes, look for Disney shirts at Kohl's. I think you can even find them online via their website. They have a lot of Tink and Mickey shirts.

I've heard a lot of good things about Cosmic Ray's. It sounds really cool. I will definitely have to check it out!! Pecos Bill's is a tradition for us. I guess we have it reversed.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Last edited by jenny105; 06-26-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #206
crocko
DVC Member

Sorry to hear you had some ADR trouble.

As for Coral Reef, I loved it the time my wife and I went...so, good job grabbing it up!
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #207
jenny105
DIS Veteran

ADRs Finalized

So I've made all of my ADRs, finally.

9/20 - 5:40 @ Sci Fi
9/21 - 8:10 @ Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast
9/21 - 8:20 @ Ohana with my cruise tablemates OR if that doesn't work out, 7:30 @ WCC
9/23 - 2:25 @ Coral Reef
9/27 - Hoop Dee Doo Review @ 7:15 Cat 1
9/28 - 2 pm @ San Angel Inn

Now all I have left to do is to book my shore excursions in a couple weeks. And make my final payment of course. I can't believe how close the trip is getting!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 06-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #208
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Sorry to hear you had some ADR trouble.

As for Coral Reef, I loved it the time my wife and I went...so, good job grabbing it up!
It's ok, I'll get to Le Cellier one of these days! I'm happy with what I have.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 06-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #209
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
We're going to Coral Reef instead too! I got a late lunch reservation there instead of dinner. I'm going to cancel the Ohana reservation. I got an ADR at WCC instead at 7:30. I really wanted to do Ohana but it's just too late for dinner. I wonder why they booked so fast!

You don't need a confirmation number to make an ADR. That's only used for the 90+10. It's weird that they didn't ask for your name though. I really wish they would have rolled this out AFTER we made our reservations. It was better when only the TAs could use it!!
I have no clue why 'Ohana filled up so fast! I guess it's about as popular as Le Cellier now Maybe next time we can get in there.... WCC sounds yummy though! I wonder if they just took my info from be being signed in on WDW website?! Who knows. I canceled it online, but I don't know if it counted b/c the CM I talked to to make our ADRs said that you can't cancel online... It's all confusing. Yes--I wish they would have waited. Oh well... It's over and now I can move on to planning outfits!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #210
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
I have no clue why 'Ohana filled up so fast! I guess it's about as popular as Le Cellier now Maybe next time we can get in there.... WCC sounds yummy though! I wonder if they just took my info from be being signed in on WDW website?! Who knows. I canceled it online, but I don't know if it counted b/c the CM I talked to to make our ADRs said that you can't cancel online... It's all confusing. Yes--I wish they would have waited. Oh well... It's over and now I can move on to planning outfits!
One of my tablemates from my cruise meet thread booked us an ADR at Ohana for 8:20 which is better than 9:30. I think we're going to do that if everyone can get there so we can all meet before the cruise. If not, Joe and I will just go to WCC!

I've cancelled ADRs online. I wonder if the TA site is different than the public one?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: