Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #91
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Aww, I'm glad you smiled - it makes most people cry! Did I mention my brother has autism? I forget.... but yes, that's why I have the quote in my signature.

I'm glad you're making a pre-trip report, I'll read it! Just send a link my way and I'll hop onboard! Only 2 more months for you!!!

NEE - Thank you! The great thing is that for once, I'm actually in the photos!!!! (Can't wait for Photopass...)

Goofy- I'm glad you were able to get an ADR - did you just make it, or did you make it 90 days out? The one Coral Reef reservation I have is for 8:45, which is going to be a pain... but I'm a little worried, because it says that the Coral Reef's hours are only until 8 or 8:30..... I hope our reservation is okay.
Yes! I did just make it! Maybe coral reef is open later because of free dining? I know last year chef mickeys added lunch because of free dining so you should be fine!!Also I have 2 nephews that are autistic one is 2 1/2 and the other is 8 soon to be 9. It can be very challenging at times! the older one has it a more severe form than the younger they are not related though! The 2 1/2 yr old is my oldest sister's son Colin and the older one Wyatt(8) is my husband's brother's youngest child. You hear of autism so much more frequently these days.

Last edited by Goofy22; 06-08-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #92
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Yes! I did just make it! Maybe coral reef is open later because of free dining? I know last year chef mickeys added lunch because of free dining so you should be fine!!Also I have 2 nephews that are autistic one is 2 1/2 and the other is 8 soon to be 9. It can be very challenging at times! the older one has it a more severe form than the younger they are not related though! The 2 1/2 yr old is my oldest sister's son Colin and the older one Wyatt(8) is my husband's brother's youngest child. You hear of autism so much more frequently these days.
OK, I admit it... I was smiling with tears in my eyes. I clearly remember my daughters first word at the tender age of four. Our family was playing in the bouncy balls section of Burger King and at the count of three, we would toss her into the balls. On a particular toss, the three of us counted, "one, two...." and held back. My daughter said, ever so quietly "three" and was rewarded with the biggest freaking cheer you will ever hear in a fast food play section and a hearty toss into the balls!

By the way, I love the mousekeeping envelopes and will have a great time with the kids choosing which ones to use. I love finding stuff like that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #93
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Hey there! Just dropping by to say HI!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #94
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey there! Just dropping by to say HI!
Hi!!! How's everything going? Now that everything is almost wholly planned, there's not much to talk about! I bought some shorts for Florida today, since I needed more that fit.. I gave a lot to my sister last summer.

There's only 75 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #95
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!! How's everything going? Now that everything is almost wholly planned, there's not much to talk about! I bought some shorts for Florida today, since I needed more that fit.. I gave a lot to my sister last summer.

There's only 75 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything here has been a lil crazy! The weather has been really crappy! Stress at work with all these budget issues since I work for the state and the new budget needs to be approved the very begining of July if not there maybe more days w/o pay! and DD and Ds are closing in on the end of the crazy school year! DD has had Finals all week so I've bbeen on her tail to get to bed early to make sure she gets enough sleep! She has one final left tommorrow world cultures which really is meaning less since she already has an A! and then mon is a half a day to make up for the snow day they missed! Crazy! I can't wait only a lil over 2 months and it will def be needed!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #96
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

Hi Danica-
I was looking through the color swap thread at your work and I saw your TR link. Your stuff is so cute by the way! Looks like y'all are going to have a great time on your trip! I am living through everyone else's TR's right now since we don't have another trip until November.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #97
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I've brought some shorts and things this past week for our trip! I hit target they have a great selection of 3 ounce and under shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes etc.. they also have the one load liq tide huge selection! Spent $$ But it will get used! LOL!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #98
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
Hi Danica-
I was looking through the color swap thread at your work and I saw your TR link. Your stuff is so cute by the way! Looks like y'all are going to have a great time on your trip! I am living through everyone else's TR's right now since we don't have another trip until November.
Aww, thank you! Glad you came over! Are we in any groups together? I can't remember... (I'll check my list after I eat). And I love going in November, I'm jealous!

Quote:
I've brought some shorts and things this past week for our trip! I hit target they have a great selection of 3 ounce and under shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes etc.. they also have the one load liq tide huge selection! Spent $$ But it will get used! LOL!
Oo, I need to do that... I've heard you should bring your own conditioner and shampoo. We're going to go on a shopping spree the weekend before, I think. Poptarts, shampoo, ponchos, etc. I already have a bag out in my room, and as I buy things, I put them in, so that they're all in one place and I don't lose & double-buy anything.

Now, I must make the announcement: we're going to do the Magic Kingdom Dessert Buffet the first night we get there! I'm so excited for this. Lou said he'd pay for us, which is very nice. But it still has to go on my credit card for now, so I'm going to wait until a little later in the week, to hear reviews from people.

I also have changed some of my dining reservation hours - I will update them later.

We're almost at the 2-month mark!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #99
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww, thank you! Glad you came over! Are we in any groups together? I can't remember... (I'll check my list after I eat). And I love going in November, I'm jealous!

Oo, I need to do that... I've heard you should bring your own conditioner and shampoo. We're going to go on a shopping spree the weekend before, I think. Poptarts, shampoo, ponchos, etc. I already have a bag out in my room, and as I buy things, I put them in, so that they're all in one place and I don't lose & double-buy anything.

Now, I must make the announcement: we're going to do the Magic Kingdom Dessert Buffet the first night we get there! I'm so excited for this. Lou said he'd pay for us, which is very nice. But it still has to go on my credit card for now, so I'm going to wait until a little later in the week, to hear reviews from people.

I also have changed some of my dining reservation hours - I will update them later.

We're almost at the 2-month mark!!!!!!
I know the 2 month mark is creeping up!!! I purchased some Tanks tonight online! In between DISING and CLEANING and LAUNDRY I've heard about that Dessert thing I can't wait to hear some reviews! What hours did you have that you changed them? Were they too early? Mine are thesame just did away with one GG because we all went back to reg dining instead of deluxe! But even still I have I think 3 2 TS credit meals and I'm keeping them! They are things you don't always get to experience and Tip is included so it works! We're doing the Safari GG and the Epcot International Celebration GG and we're all doing HDDMR on the same night we did the last show 9:30pm because you get upgraded to tier 1 seating! So we'll be doing a late lunch that day! I really can't wait for August! My DD and DS are excited to then I remind them that when we return from vaca only a few short days later they return to school! Then they were like ohh well we can wait! LOL!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #101
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I know there's a review with pictures here:
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/...dessert-party/

have you seen it?

And I booked the dessert buffet yesterday! I was going to wait a little longer, but I kept reading about people who said their dates in August were already sold out... so I decided better to be safe than sorry. Luckily, I had a deposit that had just hit, so it worked out well. And Lou's going to pay me back in 1$ & 5$ bills so I can use them for our tip envelopes (since he was supposed to be paying for this.. :lmao)

AND THERE ARE ONLY 2 MONTHS LEFT!

It's hard to believe that I started planning all of this a little over 4 months ago... And 6 months seemed like such a long time then. It's whizzed by, and hopefully these next two months will as well. I don't even mind going back to school right after I get back.

At this time, two months and 1 hour from now, I will be getting up to go to the airport. I think I can fix my sleep schedule by then... I hope.

Oh! I almost forgot - my changed ADR times:
8/25 - Plaza Restaurant at 4:25, so that we don't eat dinner and then a buffet of dessert right afterwards.

8/28 - Biergarten at 7:45, so that we can spend more time at the Animal Kingdom.

8/31 - Chefs De France at 5:10, because I heard that Remy comes out at 20 after, so I wanted a better chance to see him than at 5:40.

Last edited by ZeroToHero; 06-25-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #102
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sounds good. I have seen the reviews. I think the desserts look super yummy. this thing is looking to be pretty popular
Old 06-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #103
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Danica, the Epcot Illuminations International Celebration GG were doing has a dessert buffet thing tied in to the end of it!!! Sounds really yummy! The CM said you definitely want to do this one! when I was talking to her she said it's very yummy!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #104
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Danica, the Epcot Illuminations International Celebration GG were doing has a dessert buffet thing tied in to the end of it!!! Sounds really yummy! The CM said you definitely want to do this one! when I was talking to her she said it's very yummy!!!
ooo. I wonder if it's the same sort of spread? Or if they have different national treats? We'll have to compare afterwards. And if there's any Moroccan baklava there, you've gotta bring some back to POP for me!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #105
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ooo. I wonder if it's the same sort of spread? Or if they have different national treats? We'll have to compare afterwards. And if there's any Moroccan baklava there, you've gotta bring some back to POP for me!
IDK? But remind me when it gets closer!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: