Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #256
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
I am new to this rodeo, or trip report, whatever, but I am loving it. Just found it and had to read the whole thing this afternoon. I have been laughing out loud through it all.

I have a Pal Mickey somewhere in this house but have not seen it since we moved in 3 years ago. Note to self: Empty those boxes stuck in the back of the closet.

Quote from page 10.........
"Anyway, after a short wait in line....during which Pal Mickey and I slipped over to Frontierland to watch Woody’s Ho-Down (who was surprisingly light on his feet for a seven foot tall child’s plaything by the way)... "

I think my teenage boys and husband want to go to WDW with you and Pal Mickey. When we go they only get to see Woodys HOE-down. I think they would enjoy your version better.....I'm just saying.....

I am joining in with the demands of faster writing.
You have a sharp eye....must have been a freudian slip....but it's suprising how seldom "hoe-down" comes up in everyday conversation anymore.

Glad you like the TR....and I know...I know...I'm hurrying.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #257
twinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
You have a sharp eye....must have been a freudian slip....but it's suprising how seldom "hoe-down" comes up in everyday conversation anymore.

Glad you like the TR....and I know...I know...I'm hurrying.
Well there's the difference. I live in Texas. Hoe-down comes up in conversation a lot here
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #258
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 29 - Lunch with royalty

We had scheduled our lunch with the princesses for 12:05....p.m. of course. Because at 12:05 a.m., Cinderella has already turned back into a ragamuffin and....at CRT prices....I'm expecting more than ragamuffin. Obviously, we hadn't spoken to the princesses directly when we set up our lunch date...they had people to take care of these trivial day-to-day matters. Anyway, we had our people contact their people and eventually came up with an agreement both sides were happy with. Pal Mickey was a big help in getting the deal done...because Sleeping Beauty owed him a favor for turning her on to Red Bull a couple years back. Plus....it hadn’t hurt that Tinkershell had been willing to get up in the dead of the night six months earlier to phone in our ADR. Three cheers for Tinkershell.

On our last trip to CRT, Tinkershell had disappeared with DD Woobie just before the castle steward had announced that our table was ready. Subsequently, I had panicked and tried to slip the Fairy Godmother a finsky to be my wife for an hour. Turns out that Florida has some pretty tough laws in place prohibiting the solicitation of a Disney character. Who knew? Anyway...everybody always dreams about spending a night in the castle. Well.....it’s not that much fun in the dungeon. I’m not saying...I’m just saying.

On this trip...I had shackled everyone together with chains and ankle bracelets....because I wasn’t going to have a repeat of last time....plus castle security was eye-balling me pretty good. We were shown to our table without incident...and shortly thereafter... we started to wear our napkins as hats. Yup....you can dress the Panic Attacks up....but you can’t take em out. Even I have no idea what makes us tick. But...in any event...there we were...passing around the camera so we could get a picture of each one of us with a carefully folded napkin on our head. I’m pretty sure Pal Mickey started it.

Pal Mickey has his elbows on the table....and his feet

Anyway, DD Woobie was tickled pink to find out that Jasmine was one of the princesses in attendance. Apparently...she had replaced Mary Poppins....which was just fine with us because last time she kept forcing a spoon full of sugar down our throats. Enough with the sugar already Poppins....we have no medicine to go down. Plus...I can't imagine Mary Poppins would have allowed napkins on our heads...because that no-nonsense nanny has a major bug up her....bonnet.

DD Woobies favorite

After CRT...we headed for the Tiki Room...because listening to Iago’s soothing voice really helps my food settle. Let’s be honest....the Tiki Room doesn’t exactly stand on it’s own merits. The last time anything remotely interesting happened involving a tiki was when Bobby Brady found one in a cave and inadvertantly caused Greg to have a serious surfing accident. Anyway, the real fun of the Tiki Room is trying to pick out which kid in the audience will freak out first. “I’ve got a finsky on the three year-old in the pigtails nervously biting her lip.” “Dream on....it's going to be the four year-old in the lederhosen who’s already hiding under the bench.” Anyway, all bets must be settled by the end of the violent thunderstorm. DS Buddy was the big winner on this occassion....because he put his money on Pal Mickey....who started sobbing at the first hint of rain.

Next, we grabbed some fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise and then headed over to Pirates. We made sure to sit Pal Mickey on the side of the boat away from the redhead....because even with a restraining order in place.....he is weak. Our biggest adventure at POTC was the gift shop we had to navigate afterwards. Our kids were bombarded with every type of bauble, bangle or bead ever dreamed up in man’s greedy little heart. And don’t they realize a lot of people fly to WDW? Honestly.....how am I supposed to get a life size ship's mast with crow’s nest accoutrement through airport security?

After POTC....we headed over to Country Bear Jamboree to give it one final chance. Years ago....we had been to CBJ during the Christmas season and they had it all decorated for the occasion. Christmas outfits....twinkle lights....special music....it was a holiday joy. But the last time we tried it at Christmas.....it was the same old CBJ. No outfits...no lights...no music...no joy. On this trip....again.....CBJ didn’t get the memo. The rest of the park is decorated for Christmas and these dusty old bears are acting like its a sticky day in July. Not to mention the fact that there was only two other families in the whole theater. When I was a kids....every year at the state fair I’d walk down the midway and stare in wonder at the colorful banners for the bearded lady... or the sword swallower.... or the boy who lived....wait...I think thats Harry Potter. Anyway, when I finally plucked up the courage to buy a ticket......I found myself sitting in a tent full of empty benches. It doesn’t make you feel like you’re in a first-class attraction when your sitting in an empty room. CBJ was like that. All I’m looking for is twenty-five thousand imported italian twinkle lights....is that too much to ask?

Next up: Chpt 30 - I don't know....I'll have to check my notes.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Last edited by Peter Panic Attack; 06-24-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: I always felt Harry Potter was missing something...like maybe an Amish caveman
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #259
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

You really are too much! This is hilarious. Thank you for the entertainment.

POFQ & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #260
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

That is a really good picture of your DD with Jasmine. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #261
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKisses2 View Post
You really are too much! This is hilarious. Thank you for the entertainment.

Thanks.....and you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
That is a really good picture of your DD with Jasmine. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie.
Thanks....Woob is a cute as a button.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #262
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Oh, dang! I saw that you had posted and thought I was going to find another chapter. but no, it was just comments.

I'm trying to be patient.... but my coffee is getting cold waiting...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #263
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Oh, dang! I saw that you had posted and thought I was going to find another chapter. but no, it was just comments.

So had you already read the 12pm post?

I was happy to see a post today. Way to go PPA! And that pic of DDWoob with Jasmine is so cute the way she is posing, holding her hand!
And, DSBuddy looks like a warrior with the napkin on his head and the sword on his plate!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #264
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

So Pal Mickey's unreasonable fear of water doesn't affect him in POTC? Too distracted by the redhead! I do love the pictures of DD with Jasmine and DS with the napkin on his head! It's very cool that your kids can be silly, some kids would do the "Dad, you're embarrasing me" thing. By the way, I love your new acronym, long live PPA!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #265
PrincessEeyore
"All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust."

The picture of DD is so cute! I'm glad she got to meet her favorite princess.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #266
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Sorry about that.....but I've got to respond to people sometimes. Otherwise I'm going to end up on the cover of US Weekly under the caption "Peter, you are mean!" Plus...now I'm responding to your comments and somebody is going to think I'm posting a new chapter. Ironic...isn't it.

You might want to invest in one of those little coffee warmers...because every couple of days seems like the pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
So had you already read the 12pm post?

I was happy to see a post today. Way to go PPA! And that pic of DDWoob with Jasmine is so cute the way she is posing, holding her hand!
And, DSBuddy looks like a warrior with the napkin on his head and the sword on his plate!
DD Woobie knows how to work a camera. The real question is....what in the world is the giant red pill next to the DS's sword? Now I'm worried he's addicted to horse tranquilizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
So Pal Mickey's unreasonable fear of water doesn't affect him in POTC? Too distracted by the redhead! I do love the pictures of DD with Jasmine and DS with the napkin on his head! It's very cool that your kids can be silly, some kids would do the "Dad, you're embarrasing me" thing. By the way, I love your new acronym, long live PPA!
Yeah....it's funny how Pal Mickey's phobias take a backseat to his labido.

Our WDW philosophy is....nobody knows who we are....so why not slip into a tie-dye mickey t-shirt....strap on a giant fanny pack....stick a napkin on our head....and have a little fun. If we ever run into somebody we know....we'll just push them in some bushes and make a break for it.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #267
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
It's very cool that your kids can be silly, some kids would do the "Dad, you're embarrasing me" thing.
I totally agree! I was surprised to see that your son was so willing to take that picture. How do you get them to cooperate without any eye rolling???

Quote:
Last edited by Peter Panic Attack; Yesterday at 12:26 PM. Reason: I always felt Harry Potter was missing something...like maybe an Amish caveman
Holy crap! You read my trip report! (Or at least skimmed it)

I'm honored, Mr. Panic Attack. And humbled.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #268
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
It doesn’t make you feel like you’re in a first-class attraction when your sitting in an empty room. CBJ was like that.
I feel that way about CBJ even with a room full of people. It is by far my least favorite WDW attraction.

Quote:
strap on a giant fanny pack...
I got completely ridiculed for wearing mine...AFTER the trip was over. It left me so scarred, I swore I'd never wear another one again.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #269
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEeyore View Post
The picture of DD is so cute! I'm glad she got to meet her favorite princess.
That's wierd...we posted at exactly same time. It's also wierd that you have Randi next to your little smiley because that's my sisters name.....and you don't run into it a lot.

DD loves meeting the princesses....that's what makes CRT worth the effort.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #270
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

Quote:

Anyway, DD Woobie was tickled pink to find out that Jasmine was one of the princesses in attendance. Apparently...she had replaced Mary Poppins....which was just fine with us because last time she kept forcing a spoon full of sugar down our throats. Enough with the sugar already Poppins....we have no medicine to go down. Plus...I can't imagine Mary Poppins would have allowed napkins on our heads...because that no-nonsense nanny has a major bug up her....bonnet.
Just a quick question....

When did Mary Poppins become royalty??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: