Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #106
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread and am not sure if this is the place to ask...We are staying in the cabins for just 2 nights right after Thanksgiving. We are then moving on to YC after that but really wanted to try out the cabins for a future stay and figured we would try them out even though we will not be there long. So it will be me, DH and 2 daughters (5 and 8). We will probably arrive in the afternoon on a Friday and then hang out at the resort possibly all day on Saturday and then on Sunday we will have to check out to move over to the YC. Should I get a golf cart to make it that much more enjoyable for us? If so, should I just get it for the Saturday and not for the 2 half days? Do they charge the $56 (or whatever it is) for half days too? what do you think?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #107
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

Hi Barefoot Mom! I am so NOT the person to provide any information about Fort Wilderness because I've not (yet) stayed, but I will tell you we are staying for 3 nights in September prior to our DVC stay. I was able to get a good golf cart rate from an offsite company who will pick-up/deliver. While the daily rate is good, the pick-up/delivery fee drives up the cost.
That's all I've got...now I'm on a quest to see if I can get a blender in my cabin?
Enjoy your stay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #108
mwatson011
Mouseketeer

Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #109
Skip to my Lou
Welcomed Home annually since 2005

A quick question for you veterans out there. At the "Trails to Go" part of the restaurant, is there a place to eat right there, or is it more like grab the food and go back to your cabin. We are staying at Poly, and originally had ADR for Trails End Buffet, but are now just considering picking the chicken dinner for DW and myself and a pizza for DD10, DD8, and DD7.

Any help greatly appreciated.
12/07 Old Key West
12/08 Contemporary/ Old Key West
06/09 Animal Kingdom Villas/ Polynesian
12/09 Old Key West/ Beach Club Villas
05/10 Boardwalk Villas
07/10 Old Key West/ Villas @ Wilderness Lodge
03/11 Bay Lake Tower
06/12 Saratoga Springs/ All-Star Music/ Old Key West
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #110
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

nevermind

Last edited by Lehuaann; 05-14-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #111
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
Hi Barefoot Mom! I am so NOT the person to provide any information about Fort Wilderness because I've not (yet) stayed, but I will tell you we are staying for 3 nights in September prior to our DVC stay. I was able to get a good golf cart rate from an offsite company who will pick-up/deliver. While the daily rate is good, the pick-up/delivery fee drives up the cost.
That's all I've got...now I'm on a quest to see if I can get a blender in my cabin?
Enjoy your stay!
We looked into renting an off-site golf cart UNTIL we found out that we had to meet the cart company out front to pick it up. Disney does not let them deliver past resort gates to your cabin. I know because the cart company informed me. Another thing, the battery went out during our second trip...thank God we could exchange on site and very quickly. Lord KNOWS we needed that golf cart working asap with all our ADR's, LOL! The cart at FW was not that much more $$ so the off-site process was not worth the time or hassle IMHO. At Disney, time IS money!!

Last edited by Lehuaann; 05-14-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #112
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip to my Lou View Post
A quick question for you veterans out there. At the "Trails to Go" part of the restaurant, is there a place to eat right there, or is it more like grab the food and go back to your cabin. We are staying at Poly, and originally had ADR for Trails End Buffet, but are now just considering picking the chicken dinner for DW and myself and a pizza for DD10, DD8, and DD7.

Any help greatly appreciated.
There are (used to be?) rocking chairs outside of the main building, and there are beach chairs just down the path on the sand. I cant think of an picnic table type setups in that area, although there are some in the Meadows recreation area if you wanted to head that way for the campfire sing-a-long.

I looooove the to go chicken meal. I used to bring those home when I was too lazy to cook after work
Old 06-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #113
jake20
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know currently know which is the best cabin loop to be in for the best "Wilderness scenery" ?

We stayed last year, but I honestly forgot the loop we were in (it was next to the pool/laundry room), but I know that there wasn't a whole lot of seclusion or trees right on top of our cabin, which we really like to give that feeling of really being in the woods.

thanks!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #114
wdwluver
DIS Veteran

dumb question about golf cart rentals

Okay, We will be staying at Fort Wilderness again this year, probably without a car and I was wondering about the golf cart rentals.

If I rent a golf cart and park it in the lot near where the busses leave for the parks, how can I be sure that someone won't take my cart by mistake

Are the carts controlled by a key or switch? Oh, and how easy are they to drive? Is it a learning curve?

TIA

Last minute Turkey Day trip, 11-19-23

Old 06-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #115
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluver View Post
Okay, We will be staying at Fort Wilderness again this year, probably without a car and I was wondering about the golf cart rentals.

If I rent a golf cart and park it in the lot near where the busses leave for the parks, how can I be sure that someone won't take my cart by mistake

Are the carts controlled by a key or switch? Oh, and how easy are they to drive? Is it a learning curve?

TIA
Each cart is individually numbered and keyed. You park your cart and take the key with you. No one will be able to drive off with your cart.

They are VERY easy to drive; battery powered (quiet), reverse mode is activated by a switch, not much to it. I believe the max speed is like 35-40 mph, someone correct me if I am wrong. It doesn't go at high speeds for sure.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #116
jake20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluver View Post

TIA
nearly $60 a day for a golf cart is outrageous if you ask me.. i can rent a car for $12 a day, yet a golf cart costs $60 to drive around a campground?
I know Disney will always charge a premium price for convenience, but thats crazy
Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #117
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I agree Jake...I'll take the extra time and use the busses, or my own car. Disney already gets too much of my money!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #118
wdwluver
DIS Veteran

I'm kind of weighing my options right now. We are going down at Christmas time and car rental rates are always through the roof. Add in insurance and it's just ridiculous. I'll still look for a good price line rate as well. Or maybe we'll just hoof it to the bus stop.

Thanks for the responses.

Last minute Turkey Day trip, 11-19-23

Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #119
LovetheTink
Mouseketeer

Activities

Hi...we usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but I'm curious, since it's so close to the cabins, I've heard that they have a nice play ground. Also I hear that they have a campfire with Chip and Dale with a movie at night...has anyone gone to this? Can they tell me what time the movies start? We might be going back to the Wilderness Lodge next June and I'm looking at what the kids can do when not in the parks..thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #120
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake20 View Post
nearly $60 a day for a golf cart is outrageous if you ask me.. i can rent a car for $12 a day, yet a golf cart costs $60 to drive around a campground?
I know Disney will always charge a premium price for convenience, but thats crazy
The price is $54 plus tax. A typical Mon 11am pickup-Fri 11am drop-off would be 4 x $54 plus tax. No matter what time of the day after 11am you pick it up, drop-off is at 11am.

Although you may use a rental/personal vehicle to park in front of your cabin or take you to the parks, your vehicle will be of NO use around the campground. There is no parking allowed except at your cabin, trailer, tent or front check-in parking lot. Therefore if you want to enjoy the campground activities and have no golf cart, you are at the mercy of the internal busses shuttling you around. You may also walk/bike but it's quite a distance. The golf cart is mostly about time and convenience (boats, HDDR, campfire, general store, pool, laundry, etc) HOWEVER not totally. We LOVED using our cart for night-time exploring/walks on the beach...saw lots of wildlife at night; armadillo's, deer, racoon.

BTW, we drove our personal vehicle AND rented a golf cart. I guess that make's us double crazy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: