Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #3616
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

And if this wasn't all so much fun the first time, a special Encore presentation will be coming on at 11.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #3617
mum4jenn
My dd is the love of my life!!
Sometimes I get the FRITO BANDITO jingle stuck in my head and I have to sing it all day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4jenn View Post

Maybe Jon was surprised about the divorce filing today. Since Kate was wherever she was maybe this was her way to get the upper-hand on him. Because whatever day they recorded the separation segment things changes more since that day.

Looks like I was right!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #3618
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSchwagg86 View Post
??
divorce filed today.

show is going on.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #3619
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I thought I read Kate filed today ...
http://www.people.com/people/article...286839,00.html

they wore bibs tonight? Are you kidding me? Good Grief.
I do believe they wore bibs at the restaurant. I don't why they were at a restaurant or what they were doing but that's what I read!

If Kate filed then I'm stumped. It seems that would be a move against TLC since separation was the theme of the episode until the end statement. Why would she do something to surprise TLC...? unless she and TLC planned that. It will be interesting what comes out.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #3620
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSchwagg86 View Post
what is the big announcement?
J&K have filed for divorce.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #3621
KSchwagg86
DIS Veteran

thanks guys...im so sad!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #3622
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I didn't watch the show, so I'm only going on what I have read here and another message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
And don't forget that the kids will also have all of these "happy childhood videos" to watch up close and personal - of their parents airing their dirty laundry on national tv.. I have no respect for these two people - none..
That is really the truth. Doesn't every child of divorce want to see videos of their parents talking about getting divorce and have videos of their parents crumbling marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I think she is just playing victim for all it's worth.

The TV tabloid show Extra! showed a home video of the two of them when they were first married, 10 years ago, when they were in their early 20's barely out of college. Kate was sooooooooooooo different. She was lighthearted, softer, carefree, no makeup. They were on their way to Disney. They couldn't get enough of each other. They were so HAPPY together.

I can understand how Jon fell in love with that woman. The woman I've seen in the few times I've watched the show, and tonight bares absolutely NO resemblance to that young woman. This woman is harsh, hard, critical, domineering, controling.
Kate is very good at playing the victim, when it suits her. She has two hats: witch and victim. She choices which one to wear to suit her the situation. On the same note, Jon has two hats: slacker and punching bag. These two are a piece of work for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydoodles View Post
I agree. I did not watch tonight and do not plan to watch again. I am just disgusted in the two of them and can not believe that they can't see what they are doing to their children. It is disgusting.
Me too. I didn't watch, but did turn it on for Cake Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
For those of you who are offended and disgusted by the show, I'd suggest writing in to TLC. We all recommend it when something goes wrong at Disney so why not with this situation?
Tried that, didn't get a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
Kate----I, me, my kids

Jon----us, we, our kids

if possible, I dislike kate even more she is self-centered and self absorbed i don't think either one of them did anything to fix the marriage, however if i, as no more than an outside observer, who is basing my comments upon what has been presented by j and k on thier tlc show, would have to say that kate is 90% to blame for this situation
I didn't see tonight's show but I have noticed that in the past as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
No I'm not kidding. Are you? I agree it was the most telling thing he said and I stand by my comment that he is a selfish man. How can he say that about this whole mess on camera?? Jon isn't innocent in this at all. But it's ok because he's excited about the new chapter in his life. Sounds like a responsible father of 8 to me. Imagine the kids watching that years from now...they get to hear their own father say that he's excited during the show where they announced their seperation. Very insensitive IMO. I guess his new identity is great then...cheating on his wife with a 23 year old girl who made a sex tape with her ex-boyfriend, who's brother has a horrible criminal record, spending time with this same girl in Utah on his wife's b-day and now Jon's dressing like a frat guy, pierced his ears, looking for apartments in NYC and so on. He is exhibiting the behavior of someone who wants to make up for lost time and sow his wild oats. That's my opinion anyway...
I agree, Jon is selfish, but so is Kate. She has known that Jon has been miserable for a long time and did she do anything to change that? No. She said in a past episode that she loves what she is doing, loves her life. When Jon said he doesn't she just shrugged her shoulders. That to me said a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot luvr View Post
I think K-Fed has the one job Jon is qualified for !!
So is he J-Goss now? I pray that he doesn't come out with a rap album like K-Fed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longstangetrip View Post
Nope. She asked that one be added into her free tummy tuck but was told to "no." She's had one recently I believe.
Judging from recent pictures the girls are looking perky to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stluvispooh View Post
Just told DH that in 10 pages we will have to start a new thread. He asked this makes part what? I said 5. His response. "It's viral"
As long as we don't go rouge we should be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousey View Post
Just try and remember, Jon and Kate do everything for their kids:
1. They bought the house with the kids money for the kids.
2. Jon & Kate have their teeth whitened--for the kids.
3. Kate has a tummy tuck and breast lift--for the kids.
4. Jon gets his ears pierced--for the kids.
5. Jon gets a 2 seater sports car--for the kids.
6. Kate buys a brand new SUV--for the kids.
7. They exploit their kids for freebies and trips--for the kids.
8. Jon got hair plugs--for the kids.
9. Kate gets manicures, pedicures, new hairstyle, new wardrobe--for the kids
10.They announce their seperation on national TV--for the kids!!

Lets hope everyone stops watching this train wreck and those poor kids get counseling to salvage some of their childhood. Shame on you TLC.
That should be a new drinking game. Everything they say "for the kids" you have to take a drink. We would all be on the floor passed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
Jon and Kate have jabbed at each other from the very begining. I just watched some tapes of season one this afternoon, and even then, he was rolling his eyes and making little remarks both without being provoked and after being provoked. That was when I thought this marriage was on it's way out. Neither showed respect. It's taken a long time for it to finally end, but I think the kids will be happier for it. They said they argued in front of the kids, and it was time to stop the arguing.

I have no idea what would happen if they tried to back out of the show. I don't know what is in the contract, if it's illegal, or money payments or having to pay back sponsors for 40 shows or what.

I assume next weeks and prob a few more are pretaped. I'll have to see what happens after that as to what the show shows, if the show continues after the shows that are already taped.
I agree. They never had any respect for each other. She treated him like a 9th child and he was very passive agressive towards her.

Any contract can be broken. It may cost them, but aren't their kids worth it? I mean, they do everything for their kids...but break their contracts.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #3623
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
And if this wasn't all so much fun the first time, a special Encore presentation will be coming on at 11.
Just changed the channel.. Didn't watch the garbage the first time around and I'm certainly not going to watch an "encore"..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #3624
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

From the article about Kate filing for divorce.

==================================================
"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement Monday night. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."
================================================== =

Bolded by me. I wonder what that means? I'm honestly surprised Kate filed, I can't help but wonder what "activities" she means. Is there any advantage to be the one to actually file for the divorce? Does who files matter at all for anything?

I didn't like how Jon said he let Kate rule the roost, but now he is standing up on his own two feet and is proud of himself. If he passively let her rule roost for 8 or 9 years, how is she supposed to know that all of sudden he doesn't want that? Doesn't sound like he talked to her about it, sounds like he just decided to be a jerk one day. Yes, I know Kate was controlling, ect, ect, but it didn't seem like Jon wanted to step up either. He said himself that he let her rule the roost, maybe because he didn't want to. They have 8 kids, someone had to be "run" things. I'm sorry I don't believe Jon tried at all, if you decide to change the dynamic almost 10 years into marriage you have to talk to the other person and let them know that.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 06-22-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #3625
hereyago
DIS Veteran

In the People article it said Kate said something about Jon's actions over the weekend prompted her to file today.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #3626
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

haven't watched and probably won't now...but I just feel horrible for those poor kids. I know how horrible my divorce was for my girls....I can't imagine the added stress of being on tv.....

Oh yeah...we are getting married again because we are going to be TOGETHER FOREVER....
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #3627
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopermom View Post
As a 42 yr old "child" of divorce (30 years ago!), it made me sick how Kate said that she was going to get every holiday with them.
Yep, good luck with that Kate! For someone used to getting it her way, the process she's initiated may be a rude awakening.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #3628
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Flame suit on.....

I think this whole situation is VERY sad. I just knew these two were going to work it out. What happen to therapy? They could NOT have been separated for too long - one has already filed for divorce? What happen to RESPECTING the wedding vows? They said them twice. I am so sick of people getting married and lying to their friends, family and GOD himself. As soon as times get tough – somebody has to leave – run. Thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. They have 8 children together - they should be BONDED for life. Yes I said it. I wish I was the judge on their case, I'd mandate them to at least ONE YEAR in marriage therapy. Come to think of it – two years in therapy – for that second wedding!!! They should work it out – Period!!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #3629
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I am more than 100% sure he did do it during the tummy tuck.

Suzanne

I remember her asking at the tummy tuck and being turned down by the doctor as not necessary.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #3630
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
Just changed the channel.. Didn't watch the garbage the first time around and I'm certainly not going to watch an "encore"..
Did you watch Cake Boss? I thought it was hilarious!

I'm confused about why Jon said he was "excited". In what context was it used?

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: