Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #376
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
a bottle of vodka would also work nicely..
Absolutely, that will work nicely as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #377
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'll update this weekend, if you update this weekend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Ooh, Ooh Say yes LL!!

Its like getting a 2 for the price of one special!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I'd take that as a challenge.

She beat you. Just saying.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #378
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
She beat you. Just saying.

She did, LL, I'll bet you are very close to posting........right?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #379
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

You are all very impatient.

Actually....I haven't even started writing my update yet. I've been doing things around the house, running errands, planting morning glory seeds and watching Big Love.

I promise I will post an update today...which means before midnight.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #380
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You are all very impatient.

Actually....I haven't even started writing my update yet. I've been doing things around the house, running errands, planting morning glory seeds and watching Big Love.

I promise I will post an update today...which means before midnight.

BIG LOVE ?!? I love that show, is it new or repeats? I love morning glories too! Have a great day getting your "stuff" done!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #381
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

BIG LOVE ?!? I love that show, is it new or repeats? I love morning glories too! Have a great day getting your "stuff" done!
We just finished the 3rd episode. We have been watching it from Netflix. We have very few shows that we both actually like to watch so it's nice to be able to find series that we both look forward to watching.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #382
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR!! We arrived on Friday the 22nd also & we were in Epcot that night. We went to see the 5th Dimension & met up with another disser.

I also bought a plant outside of the Soarin ride. I bought one for me & also for my best friend. I did replant mine & so far so good. I followed the directions & I haven't killed it yet!! I do not remember the full name of the plant but it was the polka dotted something or other...

Can't wait for your next installment...Also a New Englander here (NH)!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #383
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I'd take that as a challenge.

Love the manatee pictures. I really need to spend much more time in that area to see the special areas. I had no idea.
That's the great thing about Disney, you are always finding new things to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapbook Stacy View Post
Woo Hoo! I am getting ready for the update!

Stacy
Coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
a bottle of vodka would also work nicely..
Heck yeah! Though...vodka doesn't sit well with me but another alcohol will work nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Your manatee pictures are great! My DS and I have to make sure to see them in January, she really is an animal lover! And manatees are lovely creatures.

In 2007 I went on a tour at Homosassa Springs (on the guld coast, about 2 hr drive from WDW) where we went swimming with the manatees at dawn. It was absolutely wonderful!! Just freezing cold outside unfortunately, the water was warm!
They really are lovely creatures! I want to go on a tour like that really badly! Maybe on a future trip. It's hard for me to take myself away from Disney though when I'm in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Enjoying your TR!! We arrived on Friday the 22nd also & we were in Epcot that night. We went to see the 5th Dimension & met up with another disser.

I also bought a plant outside of the Soarin ride. I bought one for me & also for my best friend. I did replant mine & so far so good. I followed the directions & I haven't killed it yet!! I do not remember the full name of the plant but it was the polka dotted something or other...

Can't wait for your next installment...Also a New Englander here (NH)!!!
I was debating between the one and I got and the polka dotted one! That one was really cute.

WOO HOO for a fellow New Englander!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #384
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Epcot Overdose. Part 1.

Saturday May 23rd. Day 2, Part 3.

We left off in one of the Innovations buildings, we exited and it was sprinkling rain. It wasn't very heavy but a nuisance. We wanted to ride Spaceship Earth again so we headed towards the front of the park. We made our way and the line looked GINORMOUS. I have never seen a line like that for Spaceship Earth. Sure enough the wait time posted was 30 minutes. Jen and I decided to time it while we waited.

It was quite windy in line too. I also saw the classiest display ever...smoking in line. I wanted to yell at the lady, who was trying to hide it from the CMs. How rude! In fact this trip I saw more people outside of those designated smoking areas than ever before. Really annoying when you don't smoke. I wish I could have snapped a picture but I didn't have the guts.

After exactly 19 minutes we were in our Spaceship Earth vehicle. 30 minutes, to that I say PFFFFFFT. This being our second ride on SE we took our cameras and took pictures. Try to guess which ones I took.

What TR is complete without this stylish chick?

I believe we were stopped during this ride too but I think it was only once. Pretty soon our future was building!

So if you didn't get the gist of the future...apparently we will be able to upload our injuries to our doctors so they can heal us even if we do break our arm while skiing! We were cracking up over our little adventure. And if I do say so myself our ski attire is super cute!

We had gotten in our Vehicle at 11:40 (thank you Twitter Text) so we still had some time before our 1:50PM Le Cellier Lunch ADR. I think we were both a little stressed out because we wanted to make it to AK for Finding Nemo: The Musical around 3:30PM. I won't lie, I was getting a bit cranky and my feet really hurt. My blisters were giving me a lot of pain. I was hungry, cranky and tired. Not the best combination when you have a long day ahead of you still.

It's hard when you are traveling with someone, you don't want to disappoint them but you don't want to be miserable yourself either. I think Jen & I traveled together very well. I could tell her how I was feeling and she understood and it worked the same way in reverse.

Despite the crankiness I was feeling, there was no way I was missing our Le Cellier meal. This was the starting point for our trip together, the fact that Jen had never eaten at Le Cellier before. We had to come up with a game plan for the next 2 hours.

So we slowly made our way....
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #386
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Oh no! The Le Cellier ADR is coming. I have a feeling something is going to go horribly wrong
Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #387
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Lets seeI am just going to give a wild guess. This is a hard one. I am going to say you took the pictures of the light fixtures.

Great update. I cant wait to do SE now thats its been re-done.

Is LeCellier next.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #388
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love the Spaceship Earth update. You're going to laugh (maybe) but I was thinking that maybe for a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween costume I'd go as the stylish computer lab chick with the lab coat, plaid mini, yellow tights and patent leather boots. What do you think? I'm just not sure where to buy yellow tights.

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming Le Cellier lunch. I am really feeling badly about leaving LC out of my upcoming ADR planning. HOW can I call myself a DISer and not at least try to get a Le Cellier reservation?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #389
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, smoking in line? That ranks right up there with the guy who was eating his popsicle in line for Tower of Terror and was STILL eating it when we were actually in the elevator getting ready to ride.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #390
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, smoking in line? That ranks right up there with the guy who was eating his popsicle in line for Tower of Terror and was STILL eating it when we were actually in the elevator getting ready to ride.
I think I had that outfit from the 70's, and my mom gave me a curly perm too, just not as big as her hair!
I'm not a smoker either and I wish that Disney would just ban smoking from the parks. What are they going to do, boycott? I say let them, plenty of people that would enjoy some clean air for a change!

Sorry about the rant.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: