Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

2nd trip for Just Mom & 2 little boys 6/5-14, Star Wars, CBR, DxDP, Character Meals

This is the second trip for just me and my 2 little boys, DS4 and DS6. We planned to be there for the last 2 Star Wars weekends. DH was at home working. We stayed at a pirate room at Carribbean Beach for 9 nights, June 5-14th, using the Buy 4, Get 3 Free deal and also tried out the Deluxe Dining Plan. We saw lots of characters, dined at almost every character meal, and tried out some new rides and shows.

For introductions, thereís me, a stay-at-home mom. Iím a mega planner and just love all the info here on DISboards. I think Disney is such a fun place to bring my boys. Itís so special to spend the visit with just. Iím looking forward to staying at CBR, want to find Daisy Duck, and see how we like the Deluxe Dining Plan.

MJ my DS6, just finished kindergarten, so I guess you could say thatís what we were celebrating. He wants to try Tower of Terror this trip, canít wait to see the Star Wars characters, wants to swim in the pirate ship pool, and absolutely must see the UP characters. Heís pretty easy going and thankfully behaves very well.

AJ, my DS4, is very spirited, loving and high drama. Heís full of hugs/kisses, but then is hitting and stomping his feet. He wants to see Buzz/Woody, ride TSM and POTC. Iím hoping for not too many melt downs. Weíll plan to come back after lunch for swims and naps to let him rest.

Here we are from our trip last October to see MNSSHP. The link to that trip report is in my signature.

Here is our schedule of park touring:

Fri - arrive late, check-in and bed
Sat - DHS for Star Wars Weekend
Sun - DHS for Star Wars Weekend
Mon - Epcot
Tues Ė Animal Kingdom, DTD
Wed Ė Magic Kingdom
Thur Ė Magic Kingdom, early EMHs
Fri Ė DHS for Star Wars Weekends, early EMHs
Sat Ė GF pirate cruise, MK
Sun Ė check-out, a visit to the Orlando doctorís office, fly home

With our Deluxe Dining Plan, we scheduled lots of TS and character meals:

Sat - H&V bfast, 50ís Prime Time lunch, Mama Melrose dinner
Sun - Cape May bfast, Sci-Fi lunch, Toy Story Planet Pizza dinner
Mon - Akershus bfast, Teppan Edo lunch, Garden Grill dinner
Tues Ė Tusker House bfast, Yak & Yeti lunch, Wolfgang Puck Express dinner
Wed Ė Ohana bfast, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, 1900 Park Fare dinner
Thur Ė CBR OPR bfast, Crystal Palace lunch, CBR OPR dinner
Fri Ė CBR OPR bfast, Brown Derby lunch, CBR OPR dinner
Sat Ė 1900 Park Fare bfast, Plaza lunch, Chef Mickey dinner
Sun Ė Boma bfast, Captainís Grill lunch

Wonderings Ė How will we feel about the heat/crowds in June?? Whatís the CBR hotel like, itís our first time in a moderate?? Will Star Wars Weekends be insane?? Can we do Tower of Terror?? Will the boys survive princess character meals??

Ready? Letís beginÖ..

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: