Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

"I've Waited A Long Time for a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza" 9/8 Update!

Hi!

I've written 3 trip reports so far. The link to my solo is down yonder at the bottom of the post. The other two are somewhere out there in DIS cyber space. One was our first trip with our kiddos.That trip was a suprise and was documented here. It was a great trip! And besides that it relit my Disney Fire! I couldn't stop thinking of Disney after that.

We soon booked the March 2008 trip. We left Grumpy and went with my parents to celebrate my Mom's 60th. That trip is found here. A fun trip but certainly had its challenges.

So who are we?

Well I am Mom. MomofCKJ. My name is Allyson, I am clinging to 39 for a few more months. I am a Disney FREAK! I share a birthday with the World and my first trip was back in 1972 for my 3rd birthday. Yes my Mom raised me right. Disney trips, Disney movies, Disney on Ice, Disney encyclopedias, Sunday nights with The Wonderful World of Disney.

I am married to Grumpy and you may know him from past reports. He does not love the Mouse, he does not love the amount of money spent on the Mouse, he doesn't get the magic. He did however run the Disney Half Marathon in January with me because he loves me. We spent 4 days in Disney at a super cool upgrade to the Yacht Club from CSR and we ran our first Half Marathon with our best friends. It was something special!

He however won't be on this trip. Can't have a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza with Grumpy! He would take the "extra" out of extravaganza!

Not joining us this trip are Bashful (my 9yo dd) or Goofy (my 6yo ds). No they have other plans. Bashful is spending the week with her Mema. She is doing Mema time and that includes swimming in the pool, eating lots of mashed potatoes (her favorite!) and playing with the kittens. While she is away that will leave Grumpy and Goofy. They are counting down the days till "Man Week". Yes it will be just the boys and the dog. They are looking forward to a week of Guitar Hero, sitting around in boxers and eating cereal out of the box by the handful. I imagine it will be a like a frat party tamed down for the week.

Which leaves Belle, my soon to be 12 year old, heading to 7th grade and junor high dd. It is she who is the daughter of the Mother/Daughter Extravaganza. I am anxiously looking forward to this trip. I think this is a special time in her life and some serious quality time as we embark on new chapters will serve us well. And really what better place to do this than Disney?

Here are Belle, Bashful and Goofy last fall:

Coming up: "Grumpy, it'll just be for a long weekend"---right! And what I hope to gain from this trip!

Hope you'll stick around for the ride!

Allyson
:

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 09-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
MomofCKJ

Table of Contents!

1.So how did this idea come to be anyways?

2. [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32375463&postcount=20"]Where and when?
3. [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32408403&postcount=25"]More Where and When!
4. Free Dining?
5. Food Glorious FREE Food
Officially officially official!
38 days and Counter Service!
33 days and what have we been up to?
Day One of the Jan 2009 Half Marathon Trip!
Day Two of the Jan 2009 Half Marathon Trip
The Race-Part One!
The Race- Part Two!
12 Days To Go!
14.Post Race Festivities and 6 days to go!
Uno, dos, TRES!
Leavin' in the Mornin'!
************************************************** *****************************
We are back! Day One Part One
Day One Part Two
Day Two Part One Discovery Cove!
Day Two Part Two
How Many Times Can You Ride EE?
Dinner for a Princess and a Whole Lot of Rain

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 09-08-2010 at 09:21 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here and very excited to read all about your mother/daughter trip! It has made my own wheels start turning so I will be paying close attention to what you end up planning and doing.

Your Belle and my Chelsea are so close to the same age. She will be 12 in July and is going into the 7th grade. How did our babies grow up so quickly?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

I'm here!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
Becky521
DIS Veteran

Hey Allyson, thanks for the notice. Your trip reports a re always so fun. I have to admit I will miss Goofy this time around. I think a mother/daughter trip is great!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait to hear all about this trip. It will be so special, I'm sure. Can't get over how much your kids have grown since the last pictures I saw! Time flies!

Looking forward to more!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! I'm here!!!

I'm sooo excited to hear all about this trip

Paula
Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I can't wait for more!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi Allyson! Great start so far! That's very cool that you get to take just your oldest for a trip - those are special times and I'm sure it's a memory she'll treasure!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
ellebeegee
Earning My Ears

I'm here, too!

First trip to WDW at age 36 for me...I have a lot to make up for! I will NOT sue my parents for not taking me to WDW...I will NOT sue my parents for not taking me to WDW...

Thanking God for my DH who wants to take DD to Walt Disney World as much as we can before we, I mean she, grows up!

7/02 off site * 10/03 off site for DD's 4th birthday * 9/04 POR * 1/05 ASMusic * 5/05 Pop * 3/06 Pop * 9/06 ASMusic
6/07 I got to see Disneyland! *3/08 Off-site (never again!) *5/09-6/09 8 Days at Wilderness Lodge *12/10 Wilderness Lodge bound, and finally, Christmas with Mickey!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
ajax897
Earning My Ears

Checking in too.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
MomofCKJ

Well I'll be! Looks like we got a little party going on here with old friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here and very excited to read all about your mother/daughter trip! It has made my own wheels start turning so I will be paying close attention to what you end up planning and doing.

Your Belle and my Chelsea are so close to the same age. She will be 12 in July and is going into the 7th grade. How did our babies grow up so quickly?
Welcome CP! Nice to see you here! Thank you! Yes they are close, mine will be 12 in August and also heading to 7th grade. It is an "interesting" time with some of this and some of this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysrus View Post
I'm here!
Hey Melissa! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky521 View Post
Hey Allyson, thanks for the notice. Your trip reports a re always so fun. I have to admit I will miss Goofy this time around. I think a mother/daughter trip is great!!
Thanks for coming! I am sure I'll have some Goofy updates in here and there. He is counting down as well as he can't wait for "Man Week".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I cannot wait to hear all about this trip. It will be so special, I'm sure. Can't get over how much your kids have grown since the last pictures I saw! Time flies!

Looking forward to more!
Thanks for coming, so nice to have old friends here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
I'm here!! I'm here!!!

I'm sooo excited to hear all about this trip

Paula
Welcome, welcome! So glad you made it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
I can't wait for more!
Hello and welcome! Thanks for coming! My great Aunt Agnes is a Mrs Spratt, your screen name popped out at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi Allyson! Great start so far! That's very cool that you get to take just your oldest for a trip - those are special times and I'm sure it's a memory she'll treasure!
Let's hope so, that is the plan. With a hormonal almost 12 year old one never knows what direction this could go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebeegee View Post
I'm here, too!
Hey Lydia! So happy to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax897 View Post
Checking in too.
Hi! Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Now on to the show!

Allyson
Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #13
MomofCKJ

So how did this idea come to be anyway?

Well back as the December 2006 trip was coming to a close I was feeling so sad. I think it was in the airport or plane ride home that this idea was hatched. I will fully admit, part of it was very selfish. I wanted a couple of guaranteed trips back. Yeah, I'll say it, part of it was all about me. However, a bigger part, yes bigger, was that I think it is SOOOO important to have one on one time with each child. I do it at home on a smaller scale. I have taken just one child to the circus, one child to a special movie and lunch, a couple of months back I suprised one child with a day at Six Flags. Do the others moan? A little but truly just a little. They know they get their time too and they all enjoy when it is their time.

I'm an only child. I had my Mom all to myself. With 3 kids it is different for them. So I have always tried to make sure we get those one on one times where you aren't competing for the attention, you aren't at the mercy of compromise between the whole family and for a few hours it is just your turn. I think it is important and I've enjoyed those times with my kids. With Belle it is just good for us. With Bashful it is nice to see her blossom more and not play the part of the suffering, shy middle child that she does so often. With Goofy, well any time spent with Goofy is just usually a hoot.

So on the trip home I made an announcement.
"Family, I am making a rule. For your 12th birthday you get a Mom and Me trip".

*insert crickets*

I think the kids were thinking "is she for real?" and Grumpy was saying "What are you talking about woman?".

I explained just as I did to you my reasoning and sort of left it at that. Grumpy thought it was a ridiculous scheme to get back to the World. Hmmmphf.

Well time marched on and soon it was early 2009. Belle would be turning 12 later in the year. I had been all along referencing this trip, talking about it, etc. When it came time to figure out dates Grumpy was like "You are really doing this?" Ummmm, yeah. Eye roll, head shake "This is crazy to be going again so soon".

"But it is a rule" and you know I am a rule follower.

So in true Grumpy fashion he just went along with my long weekend to Disney with Belle.

And that was the initial intention. A long weekend. Maybe a Thursday to a Sunday. But gosh, when you are flying all the way from MA isn't it smarter to make it more worthwhile? A few more days? How can we pick which parks to spend such little time in? We want some relaxation time? We can't do that all in 4 days. Maybe 5? Hmmmm. 6 might be nicer. We do have that lovely little PIN code..........

Next up, more on the planning and why Belle and I specifically need some good Mother/Daughter time and how we are planning to cheat on our boyfriend the Mouse and venture to some non Disney locations this trip. *gulp*

Allyson

PS Maybe somewhere in here I'll throw in a super mini TR from our January Disney Half Marathon trip!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I really like the special trip for each of their 12th birthdays!!! I am anxious to see how many days you decided on, and where else you might be headed!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi!! I'm joining in, too! Followed you over from my PTR-- looks like we're going about the same time and doing Mother/daughter trips!!! What a great idea you have for your kids!! Hmm...makes my wheels spin a bit...anything for another excuse to go to Disney!! Can't wait to hear more, so I'm subbing!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: