Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #31
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

May 18th 2009 Aaron and Nana Leave :(

Jason and I will be going to Animal Kingdom today....but Aaron and Nana leave Hope they had fun and we will see them again in 3 days.

So must dos:

Finding Nemo Musical, WE LOVE IT!!
Pocahontas and her forest friends!! I LOVE IT! Oh wait...its gone! At least I have it on HD video, with a really good Pocahontas!!
Expedition Everest of course!
NOT the river rapids ride, don't want our feet to be cut off, I just listened to that podcast recently
I wanna try to go to Rafikis Planet Watch this time, because we didnt get to go on our last trip in September.
And maybe finally see Devine!! I have yet to ever see her, and maybe Flights of Wonder, the last time we tried to see this show, it started raining halfway through and never did see the whole thing.

We will be eating an 11:00 lunch at Tusker House this is a new restaurant for us, we were going to do Yak and Yeti but after Pete giving it a really bad review we decided against it!

Oh yeah I think I forgot to mention that we decided on purchasing the dining plan, so that way we can use our 500 gift card for drinking around the world and drinks and tips. So we will have the dining plan May 14th-May 19th basically for both of us we will have 10 TS and 10 CS and 10 Snacks.

We will be eating at Boma tonight for dinner, I think this has to be Jasons all time favorite restaurant. I think every time we have gone to Disney since we started enjoying the restaurants we have had to eat here every time. We were going to go to Jiko, since Aaron won't be with us, and we probably won't take him into Jiko til he is around 8 at the earliest? But we decided against Jiko, since we don't want to have to take the bus from AK back to Pop to change out of park clothes and then go to Jiko. We just wanted to be dressed up for Jiko!!

Oooohhhh tomorrow we get to spend the night in our first DVC stay...we are renting points the next 2 nights! Stay tuned
Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #32
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

You know you want to add Islands of Adventure to Day 2.... so do it already

Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #33
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

I know...I know...we will just have to SEE what happens!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #34
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

We recently purchased Ridemaxx and have been messing around with the days we are going to email the best touring plans and then we will have them on our Ipod touch when we are in the park. It is a pretty cool tool, I highly recommend checking it out!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #35
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Shanan, I can't believe you haven't posted the logo you made for 300 of your closest computernutjob friends.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #36
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
Shanan, I can't believe you haven't posted the logo you made for 300 of your closest computernutjob friends.

Oh, there's a reason for that, Jen
Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #37
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Money is a wee bit tight so we decided against Islands of Adventure for day 2, and decided to do the outlets and head out to a forest perserve, or do they get called swamp perserves in FL? I will make sure to stay out of the Damn lakes though!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #38
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

So are we getting a report about your trip?

Especially some of the great people you cruised and got tipsy at a certain martini tasting with???
Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Ha ha ha ha!! I figured no one would care about this....but since you asked , I think I may have to see if I can actually do this! I think it might be fun, and try to follow in my friends footsteps! Sorry I never actually look at this anymore, but Jason informed me that you posted on it!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #40
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Ha ha ha ha!! I figured no one would care about this....but since you asked , I think I may have to see if I can actually do this! I think it might be fun, and try to follow in my friends footsteps! Sorry I never actually look at this anymore, but Jason informed me that you posted on it!

Meg, is that you???

I am constantly telling her someone posted on her trip report!

She's still writing the Dcember trip.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #41
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Day 1 of our 14 day Adventure

Our pretrip plans:
May 8th 2009
The start of our 2 week vacation!

May 8th is Jason and I's 5th anniversary, not marriage, but the day we met. We were married on Sept. 29 2006. This day will be special, Jason will be surprising me....and I will be surprising Jason.

So we are flying down and arriving at MCO at 10:10 am and renting a car from Dollar.

We will be heading over to the Dolphin and eating lunch at The Fountain. We have yet to eat here and we have heard that it is comparable to Beaches N Cream....our last trip we ate at Beaches N Cream and LOVED IT! So we are really excited to give The Fountain a try!

In the afternoon, we will check into the resort and get situated and then head out and explore the resort and head over to the Boardwalk to look at some of the new items that are for sale and perhaps search for hidden mickeys and pin trade!

Then we will come back to the room get ready for our 8:20 pm ADR for Narcosse's. We have not ate here either but have heard good things about it from Kevin on the podcast. Hopefully Wishes will be at 9:00pm or 10:00pm tonight so we can see it from Narcosse's. Or maybe we will go to the shoreline after we eat and watch Wishes from there. We will have to see. We will then be coming back to the Dolphin to rest up for Day Two!

What it actually looked like:

We ended up arriving closer to 11:45 because our flight left an hour later, and there were heavy storms so we flew over Detroit and headed down the Atlantic coast. Our flight went by really fast though. Since it was our anniversary Jason gave me a card and a cute little Nemo cross-stitch to keep me busy on the plane . That was fun....I worked on it throughout the trip, some in the hotel rooms at night, some on Castaway Cay and I finished it just before touching down in Chicago!

When our plane pulled up to the terminal a two little love bugs came up to our window to greet us....but I just missed them .

Upon arriving we headed over to the Crocs store inside MCO and didn't find any Disney Crocs . I really wanted to get new woman colored Disney crocs, because the only Disney crocs that I had were dark blue with the lime green strap. Oh well...the hunt continues.

We were able to walk out and pick our midsized car from National. We changed to National so we could drop off the car when we were done with it, at the Dolphin resort. We picked a Saturn Aura. We really enjoyed this little car, we have to keep this in mind when we are in the hunt for a car. A picture of our rental car:

We drove up showed them the papers and we were off! We arrived at the Dolphin and wow we were confused. We never really have stayed at this fancy of a place before. When the bellhops asked if I needed help with my luggage, I was like NO STAY AWAY! So weird. Well we checked in and the receptionist asked if we would like to be higher up or lower. Um....higher please!!! Our room was already ready, even though check in wasn't til 3 or 4!!!!!

So Jason tells me bring the bags up to the room and I will go park the car.

I took the central elevators up and found our room on the 16th floor . I wasn't sure what side of the building I was on, but I was thinking we would have a tree view, and maybe be able to see AK in the distance. But when I went over to the window I saw World Showcase to the left

and HS to the right:

And our view looking across, they really need to clean our their fountains:

I was sooo excited I immediately had to call Jason to tell him about our view!

Will we eat lunch at the Fountain?

Last edited by A.Mickey; 06-07-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #42
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Great start,
and wow you had a great view.
See the tall buildings way off in the horizon?
I stayed in one of those in April.
It was my first time staying off site. LOL.

Looking forward to hearing about the POD Cast Cruise. You are one of the first TR's I found, that is reporting.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #43
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Day 1 Afternoon

So by this time we were pretty hungry, I think it was close to 2 pm.

We headed down to The Fountain, we heard many wonderful things about this restaurant and even heard them being compared/better than Beaches N' Cream . We had Beaches N' Cream on our last trip in Sept '08 and thought their burgers were extremely good so of course we had to try The Fountain's

We walked down to The Fountain and found a seat and ordered a burger, well two burgers. In the meantime I saw Jaime (tiggerbell) walk down the escalator (I recognized her from her TR and also from meeting her (sort of) in person at a DIS meet in Chicago) I was too chicken to say anything, I wanted to scream Jaime, but I will now!

All I have to say is YUM!!! I don't know if it is necessarily better than Beaches N Cream, (or worse) but if you like Beaches N Cream's burgers definitely try The Fountains!

Now we were off to explore the resort....and our first encounter of Peekaboos?!? Oh my! I walked by and heard the birds chirping what is this place? I didn't want to know....so we walked on.....and out to the pool area, I was sooo shy at this point I was hoping that no one would recognize me! So we zoomed past the pool bar, and headed over to the white sandy beaches! On the way we saw these giant checkers, how cool? Anyone wanna play?

We ended up walking all the way through that side of the resort and through the Swan and headed over to the Boardwalk to pin trade a little and look for hidden mickey's.

Our view of the Dolphin from the Beach Club.

We wanted to have a No Way Jose sundae from Beaches N Cream, but it was really busy and we were pretty full from The Fountain, so we just walked through the Beach Club and Yacht Club, we headed back to the Dolphin. By now it was around 3 and we had some time to kill before we had to get ready for dinner, so we walked the back way through to the Dolphin parking lot, Do not do this! You will see what is behind the curtain. LOL! Jason was smart and stayed on the path, I on the other hand thought I found a shortcut, but all I really saw were some loading docks .

We headed out to do some shopping at the outlets! I am still on my mission to find my Disney Crocs, and I heard from Kevin that there is a CROCS OUTLET!!
Will I find a pair?!?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #44
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Great start,
and wow you had a great view.
See the tall buildings way off in the horizon?
I stayed in one of those in April.
It was my first time staying off site. LOL.

Looking forward to hearing about the POD Cast Cruise. You are one of the first TR's I found, that is reporting.
Hi!
Which tall building? That is cool!! was it a fun hotel to be in off site?
Thanks for being the first one to post on my TR!
Jaime (tiggerbell will also be posting a TR) she is a seasoned vet compared to me
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #45
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Day 1 Afternoon cont.

So we head out and drive to Disney's Character Warehouse at the Prime Outlets. Of course we take I drive up! We have to get our fill of tacky gift shops!

When we find the store I cannot believe how big it is! I was in this store for a very long time! I loved the fact that most of the CM's wear lanyards for pin trading here! And the merchandise is all yesterdays Disney stuff! Jason got a really nice button down shirt with a Mickey silhoutte embrodiered on the pocket for $15. I also picked up some plastic Mickey plates for 1.95 a piece, and a Disney note pad. I was happy with this store, I will have to come back!

We were really hot so we headed over to Starbucks to grab some tea!

Then we were off to Orlando Premium Outlets....and on our way we saw Herbie! (see him between the two cars?)

I don't know why, but seeing him made me really happy!

Turning into the Outlets we spot these on top of the lights?!?

I guess they are for cops to know when the light is red from every direction to deter red light runners. Sounds like there would be an easier solution to the problem.

We get to the outlets and head straight to the Crocs outlet I am so excited I can't contain myself!! Finally going to get my hand on a pair of Disney Crocs! I see the rack with the Disney Crocs! They look like my color! Pink and Purple ones! Looking through the sizes I don't find my size . It is ok though, I know there has to be my size somewhere, so I keep looking and.....nothing . Ok, don't panic there has to be some regular Crocs in my size. I searched and searched and searched and searched some more, Jason was getting really tired of waiting for me. So I gave up . Let me just say...if you have extremely large fit, you will get whatever you want at this Croc outlet. If you have normal sized fit, Good Luck! Don't get me wrong I could have bought the more expensive Crocs for $30 there, but I knew at the Crocs website they were selling the Disney Crocs for 17 dollars so I was just going to wait until I got home to buy them.

After that disappointment (looks like I will be wearing my navy blue with the lime green strap Disney Crocs the whole trip) we head over to check out Disney's Character Premeire. I really didn't like this store as much as the Disney's Character Warehouse. The Premeire felt smaller and not really organized well. I liked all the castmembers wearing the lanyards though! Time for more pin trading! We left and headed back to the Dolphin to get ready for our 8:20 pm reservation at Narcoossee's for our anniversary dinner!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: