Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
catrinuk
disney mad girl

how to use 5 leftover points

can anyone help - suggestions needed.
we did a three week trip to home SSR last christmas and due to family circumstances will not be going back to WDW until 2011. We have just 5 points left for this use year and even if we were to bank them i believe that is only good for a year so still no help - is there any other way to stop us losing these points, is it worth or even possible to try to rent out such a small number or do we just have to write them off? any help gratefully received - many thanks Catrin
catrinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

I guess you could transfer them to someone else (not sure if you charge the same as renting them out, but I think this might be more beneficial as you then don't need to book anything for them) - plus I guess someone is more likely to need a few extra points to 'tag' on to their own points, rather than anyone wanting to just rent 5 points - as you can't get a night anywhere for that.

Of course I am totally new to all this DVC stuff - so I might well be talking a load of rubbish!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
jamie@dvcstore
DIS Veteran

Hi catrinuk,
I will be glad to offer some information.Can you tell me what your use year is (the month when your points renew) and then when you plan to travel again in 2011? I will be glad to see if you banked the points if they could still be used.

If they can not then I would advertise them on the rental board. While 5 points is a small amount, an existing member may be able to use them.if you find an existing member to rent them then you will only have to call DVC and do a transfer from your account to theirs, which is simple. The payment may be a little more complicated being in the UK though it could be done.

I will be glad to help if I can. I look forward to your reply.

Jamie
________
FREE GIFT CARDS

Last edited by jamie@dvcstore; 04-30-2011 at 04:37 PM.
jamie@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
doverfox
Mouseketeer

perhaps a bit of a shame that as dvc members we couldnt donate them to charity like the make a wish foundation we will probably have 21 spare next year
dave
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
catrinuk
disney mad girl

hi Jamie
our use year starts in march and we will probably be visiting WDW again in august 2011. thanks for your help - catrin
catrinuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: