Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #211
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvngoofy View Post
I go out of town for the weekend and I am behind, again! I love reading double post though. I'm ready for more.
The really lucky people are the ones who join late...because they get to read a bunch at a time...instead of getting nickled and dimed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
great update! I must say a-boot those sea gulls....they're somethin' smart eh!
Thank you. The a-boot part is true right. I'm not sure if I've ever heard anyone seriously say "eh" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtink View Post
Wooh! I love your trip report. I like even better than all those other people who said they loved it. It is hilarious. Pooe Pal Mickey he didn't get to ride Soarin' with his family.
Pal Mickey kind of got the short end of the stick at Soarin'....thats for sure.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #212
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
Hey Panic Attack, I know we are both going to Disney at the same time. Today I got an email offer for freeeeee dining for 11/29-12/17. But I am staying value. You might want to check your email and see if the offer applies to you too!!!! It saved me $450! It was more geared towards the value resorts, however they might be doing it for all resorts as well. Good luck!
Nope...I just checked my email and I got nothin...so you officially are the lucky duck. We already are using a 40% off code though....so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #213
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
finally read the whole thread! This is great, now I am ready for more so please proceed
Thanks...unfortunately...now things slow down a bit. But I'm still plugging away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish_I_Was_At_WDW View Post
Just finished reading your first trip report and please, please finish this one! The last one was so great and ended with your family being lost so I'm going out on a limb here and assume you found them!
Thats pretty funny...I had forgotten about losing my family. Yes...we were eventually reunited....the end (now maybe I can say I finished my first TR)

Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #214
luvngoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack View Post
Thats pretty funny...I had forgotten about losing my family. Yes...we were eventually reunited....the end (now maybe I can say I finished my first TR)
Oh, I don't think so! At least I hope not.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #215
Peter Panic Attack

Chpt 26 - Did I just miss something...or was that another chapter about lunch?

The plan for after lunch was for me to head to Test Track to pick up some fastpasses...while the rest of the family went on ahead to Universe of Energy...because apparently they didn’t have a care in the world. Nope...not while poor old underappreciated Peter was around to do all the heavy lifting. On the way, I briefly considered calling 911 because...from the sounds of things...the seagulls were working those boys over pretty good back there. But I didn't...because natural consequences are how we learn in life...especially when it involved being pummeled by a thousands of hungry Canadian seagulls ....plus...I couldn’t remember the number.

By the time I met back up with everyone at Universe of Energy, they were all sitting on the edge of the big pond out in front...just soakin up some Florida sun...except for Pal Mickey..who was keeping his distance because of his unreasonable fear of water. Apparently...Ellen was on a coffee break or something because Universe of Energy was temporarily shut down. No matter...we would just have to waste a little time in Innoventions until our Test Track fastpasses had ripened. Which Innoventions you ask? Does it really matter? Whether its Innoventions East or Innoventions West....they are both pretty lame. Don’t get me wrong...I like slamming doors as much as the next guy. I just prefer to save my door slamming for when I’m making a dramatic exit. “Fine...next time you can get your own fastpasses” SLAM! See how effective that can be. It’s like visual punctuation.

Test Track was going to be yet another first time experience for us...and if you are keeping score at home...that is like our one millionth first time experience...give or take. Actually, TT had been around on our last vacation... but every time we went to Epcot it was broken down. I mean...honestly...how sad is that?. It was kind of like the Griswolds traveling all the way across the country only to find a WallyWorld closed...except without Aunt Edna strapped to the roof. Sorry folks...Test Track’s broken.....moose outside shoulda told ya. Thankfully...this time TT was up and running...and just daring us to ride it. In fact...TT double-dog-dared us. Now it was serious. What else was there but a triple-dare-your... and then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare. Well...guess what...bring it on TT....because today Pal Mickey packed his pull-ups.

When we jumped into the fastpass line...and we do literally jump into line by the way..because we’re odd...a CM walked up to me and asked if I would wear a special card around my neck and then hand it to another CM when we got to the end of the line. Wow...I’m must have been sending out a pretty powerful vibe for this CM to pick me out of the entire crowd and entrust me with such a critical responsibility...with little or no formal training mind you. I never did figure out the significance of this special card I carried....but my sense was that people’s lives hung in the balance.

TT was totally worth the wait.....even though we did feel a little like guinea pigs...what with all the testing we did. And would it have killed them to give us a hunk of cheese at the end? Because, I'm pretty sure that's the standard union rate for that type of work. Anyway, Pal Mickey, DD Woob and I were crammed into the back seat of a sleek little convertible and we had the need....the need for speed. Unfortunately...they stuck Aunt Bea in the drivers seat. Great....we probably weren't going to get above 15 mph... and we'd have our blinker on the whole way. Turns out....this golden girl had a bit of a lead foot. The real drama came when the robots started to spray our car for corrosion testing purposes...and Pal Mickey started to scream like a little girl. Get ahold of yourself man...it’s only water.

Tinkershell is the test dummy without the labels

After TT, we sidled on over to Mission Space. On our last vacation....Tinkershell had emerged from MS a little green around the gills if you catch my drift. By the way...you can always tell when Tinkershell is sick...because she hangs her head and takes tiny little baby steps. I don't know why....I guess it helps. Anyway...this time she took the less intense “green mission”..or the “chicken baby mission” as I like to call it. I find it ironic that they chose the color green for the ride that doesn't make you sick. She took DD Woobie along with her for moral support. The rest of us headed for the “orange mission” because we felt like we had the Right Stuff....or the Right Stuffing in Pal Mickey’s case. The best part about TT was when we exited...we noticed that all those G-forces had pushed Pal Mickey’s fluff down into his booty. He looked just like a tiny Oprah.

Pal Mickey is hiding his Oprah booty. "You get a humpback whale...and you get a humpback whale...and you get a humpback whale. Everybody gets humpback whaaaaaaaaaales."

Next up: Chpt 27 - Dinner in Germany

Last edited by Peter Panic Attack; 06-17-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #216
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

great update Peter as always!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #217
15isto2
DIS Veteran

brilliant report
Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #218
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

Quote:
[B]Chpt 26 - Did I just miss ...a CM walked up to me and asked if I would wear a special card around my neck and then hand it to another CM when we got to the end of the line. Wow...I’m must have been sending out a pretty powerful vibe for this CM to pick me out of the entire crowd and entrust me with such a critical responsibility...with little or no formal training mind you. I never did figure out the significance of this special card I carried....but my sense was that people’s lives hung in the balance.
The card is to see how long it takes a person to get through line so they can put it up on the sign that says "This is how long it will take you to get through this line".
Old 06-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #219
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
great update Peter as always!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
brilliant report
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopper View Post
The card is to see how long it takes a person to get through line so they can put it up on the sign that says "This is how long it will take you to get through this line".
Sometimes reality isn't nearly as much fun....that is why I try to avoid reality at all costs.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #220
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Your trip report is fantastic. I just spent the past few hours reading it and laughing. It has made my day! I don't know if I will ever be able to go the the AK without thinking about taking a weed whacker.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #221
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Your trip report is fantastic. I just spent the past few hours reading it and laughing. It has made my day! I don't know if I will ever be able to go the the AK without thinking about taking a weed whacker.
Thanks......glad you're enjoying it.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #222
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you. The a-boot part is true right. I'm not sure if I've ever heard anyone seriously say "eh" though.

I actually do say "eh"....a lot.....i don't hear a-boot when I say about....though the people in Port Huron Michigan tend to! (thats just across the river from us)...but then again, they say weird stuff like "tap" instead of "top" so not sure if I should believe them

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #223
akayek31
DIS Veteran

ok now I am caught up. I agree with PP's about Devine. We were not looking for her and there she was. Can't wait to read more.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 06-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #224
MineMail
DIS Veteran

I'm only up to Chapter 19, but bravo! What a great trip report!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #225
Peter Panic Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
I actually do say "eh"....a lot.....i don't hear a-boot when I say about....though the people in Port Huron Michigan tend to! (thats just across the river from us)...but then again, they say weird stuff like "tap" instead of "top" so not sure if I should believe them
The word I catch the most grief about is bag. Apparently...I pronounce it "beg" when people want to hear baaaahg. I get the same reaction with flag...rag...any of those "ag" words. Is that a Canadian thing...or just a North Dakota thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
ok now I am caught up. I agree with PP's about Devine. We were not looking for her and there she was. Can't wait to read more.
Everybody keeps telling me that about DeVine...but it strikes me as a little passive. For our next trip...I'm cooking up a plan that involves trip wires and a blow gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMail View Post
I'm only up to Chapter 19, but bravo! What a great trip report!
Thanks. Don't pay too much attention to what I call a chapter...because I'm using the definition pretty loosely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: