Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #316
girlbomb
Mouseketeer

Oh no! I'm late to the party! And I have so much to say! You make tripping with a DIS sister look like lots of fun. And you got to meet Remy! How cool is that? Also, what a great view of Illuminations you had! Thanks for all the R&C food pictures -- we're looking forward to trying it in September. Looking forward to hearing a lot more about this trip...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #317
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
great update! I love your matching t-shirts. My next trip will be with my sister and I am seriously considering talking her into wearing matching t-shirts. She will hate that!
You are too funny!
(do it!!!!!!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #318
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Seriously jealous of how many times you've gotten to ride in the front row of Soarin!! We haven't made it there yet! Florida OR California!!! UGGHHH!!!
It's really awesome, just request it next time. The CM's seem very nice about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Yeah for a couple of updates!!! I love the Illuminations pics. I feel the same way about the show. I like it, but it's not a favorite. I've never eaten at R&C, but I may have to give it a try one of these days.
I'm glad someone else feels the same way, I was starting to feel outnumbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Yay, LL! Fun post! I forgot how cool Living with the Land is. And of course Soarin' is THE best.

Great shot of your Tshirt handy work, AND, may I add, the VB Mailbag!!!!!!

Looks great on you!
Thanks! It did work out fairly well for this trip. I don't know if my quest for the perfect park bag is over though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbomb View Post
Oh no! I'm late to the party! And I have so much to say! You make tripping with a DIS sister look like lots of fun. And you got to meet Remy! How cool is that? Also, what a great view of Illuminations you had! Thanks for all the R&C food pictures -- we're looking forward to trying it in September. Looking forward to hearing a lot more about this trip...
Welcome! Thanks for joining in. Your trip is going to be here before you know it. I am really looking forward to your next TR.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #319
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Is that Ellen DeGeneres?

Saturday May 23. Day 2, Part 2.

As we left the Land Pavilion, we decided to head over to The Seas.

Look at the dark sky!

Jen took this amazing photo. It's neat traveling with someone with their own camera because once you are home and looking through the pictures you get to relive the trip through their eyes.

Mine. Mine. Mine.

I have to say that while I was enjoying the Nemo attractions I kept thinking of the MeMom clan and certain little girl's love for Nemo.

After making our way through the longest line queue every for Nemo, we hopped aboard our clamshell. We both tried to take photos but we didn't have much success.

See...I tried.

Towards the end of the ride, Jen turns to me and says, "I just realized that Dory is Ellen DeGeneres." Hehehe. I thought it was really funny and very cute. We decided that going to see Ellen's Energy Adventure the day before helped her connect the dots.

After Nemo, I was on a mission. A mission to see the manatees. I have a love for manatees that I can't explain, I have always loved those gentle water giants. I think the reason why I love them so much is because when I was younger I read something that said that manatees were the inspiration for sailors thinking they saw mermaids. Something about the way manatees would come up to the water and hold their babies. I could be totally messing this up in my fuzzy memory but it's stuck with me for years and years. In 8th grade we had to pick an animal for a year long research project and I picked the manatee, just so happened we went to Disney and Sea World that year so I had a bunch of material from Sea World. In 2005, the last time I have been to Sea World I bought a silver metal manatee keychain. A few weeks after I got home, his tail fell off, I thought it was fitting since so many manatees have been injured by boats and such. I still have him on my key ring to this day, no tail and all. I didn't even know there was a manatee area in the Living Seas! I learned of them after my September trip so it was something that I had to do this trip.

First we went to the underwater viewing area.

I was seriously annoyed with the lights that were reflecting themselves into my pictures so we moved upstairs to the other manatee viewing area. This is a great little themed area, I was very impressed by it.

At the same time I was sad, I hate seeing how banged up the manatees get. It's heartbreaking to me. I could have sat and stared at them for hours.

If you look at the first picture of the manatee tail....

and then this one...you can see just how damaged the other manatee's tail is! Poor little guy.

After I tore myself away from the manatees we quickly looked around the gift shop. I was hoping to find some kind of manatee stuffed animal and I found a super cute one...but it was a webkinz. Bah. I just wanted a "Disney" stuffed animal if that makes sense. I could have bought the webkinz anywhere. I never did find a stuffed animal during this trip, which is sad because I usually buy one on each trip.

I was starting to drag, I was tired and cranky and I couldn't figure out why. Jen and I decided to sit in the shade and chill for a bit. Jen figured out her crankiness was from caffeine withdrawal and then it dawned on me that it was almost 11AM and I hadn't had a drop of soda yet! Duh! LL needs her caffeine. I am not a coffee drinker so all of my caffeine comes from soda and I was overdue. Jen went to go get us each a soda and I called Magical Express from my cell so I could add Mom for her Wednesday arrival. I finally get through to ME and they say that Mom is still not on our resort reservation therefore they can't add her yet. I was a little angry because the CM at All Star Music was supposed to add Mom the day before. I call over to All Star Music, I told them my problem and they just transferred me over to the main reservation phone line. I was not happy, it didn't help that I could barely hear the CM, I got so frustrated that I just hung up and decided to deal with it from our resort later on.

Jen returned with my soda which I was so very grateful for, she called Philip and a CM came over to ask us some survey questions. It wasn't too long until we were feeling rejuvenated from our caffeine break and we were on our way to Spaceship Earth.

We walked through the Innovations building and we took a picture of the Kim Possible setup for those who may be interested. I saw a lot of people completing missions throughout the week.

And of course...I had to take pictures of these super cool light fixtures!

As we exited Innovations, it had started to sprinkle rain again....
Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #320
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

You made it walking around at Epcot til 11am w/o any caffeine???? Didn't you have a blazing headache??? I can't make it til 11am on a normal day. Forget about it if I'm walking around Disney!!!

Is it just me or do those manatees look pretty equal sized yet they have a 775 lb weight difference?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #321
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
You made it walking around at Epcot til 11am w/o any caffeine???? Didn't you have a blazing headache??? I can't make it til 11am on a normal day. Forget about it if I'm walking around Disney!!!

Is it just me or do those manatees look pretty equal sized yet they have a 775 lb weight difference?
I think I might be downplaying how cranky I really was. I had a headache, I was tired and I just couldn't function. Usually I am really good about having soda in the morning but I totally blanked on it.

In person, they looked a lot different in size!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #322
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I have to say that while I was enjoying the Nemo attractions I kept thinking of the MeMom clan and certain little girl's love for Nemo.

After making our way through the longest line queue every for Nemo, we hopped aboard our clamshell. We both tried to take photos but we didn't have much success.

See...I tried. Jen returned with my soda which I was so very grateful for, she called Philip and a CM came over to ask us some survey questions. It wasn't too long until we were feeling rejuvenated from our caffeine break and we were on our way to Spaceship Earth.

You'll have to ride with with Brooklynn someday and watch her face. She really soaks it all in and is always happy when Nemo is safe and sound!

It is hard to get good pictures in there. The jellyfish show up decently and Mr. Ray showed up for me okay last time, but overall, not a great place for pictures.

We are always happy to answer survey questions. Once, Jill got $75 Disney dollars for going to a little question and answer session that she would glady have done for free!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #323
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Ooooo! I love this update, LL! I love manatees too. I think they are pretty- in an oogly sort of way . I agree it's so sad about propeller damage.

I couldn't make it 'til 11 w/o caffeine! No way! I def. need that!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #324
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Great update. Thanks for the Kim Possible pic. Lance cant wait to do this in August.

I guess I have never been to the upstairs viewing area for the manatees. We could stay and watch them forever.

Wow, Jen-that is an amazing shot. Where were you standing to get that pic?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #325
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm glad someone else feels the same way, I was starting to feel outnumbered.
I always felt the same way. I'm always reading these trip reports with everyone raving about how moving and how much they love Illuminations. I so much prefer Wishes and Fantasmic! I'm glad I'm not the only one either.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #326
poegirl30
Mouseketeer

Yeah for an update! I'm keeping a log of all the things we need to see on our next trip! It's amazing how many cool things there are to see that I seem to forget about as soon as I get there.

DD22 DS19 DS8
Old 06-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #327
kschafer
DIS Veteran

LL, do you remember this pic from SeaWorld from my TR?

I just love how the boys have their faces planted against the glass to get a look at them!

That's an awesome story about your keychain! OH, and I too don't know how you made it that long without caffiene. On Sunday, we had run out of coffee so I went without in the morning. I did a grocery run and around 11:00 I just HAD to make a pot because I just felt all out of sorts without it!

Gee, now I really am needing a pop, I think I'll run to the lounge and fix this!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #328
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

My DH loves Mantatees too....also known as Sea cows..correct me if I'm wrong? They are an ugly kind of cute creature!!! Sorry you couldn't find a stuffed animal of one there, that's surprising. Uh oh, I'm seeing a trend, no bunny and no mantatee for LL? Boo!!!

11 a.m and no soda!!! That's the 1st thing I hit in my refillable cup...DIET COKE!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #329
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I have been know to take Exedrin when I need a caffeine fix.
I love the manatees too, they seem like such gentle creatures that are so innocent, and the harm that comes to them seems so unfair!

I'm sorry you were cranky, as much as we love Disney, and as much as we plan, we can't control everything and sometimes that crankiness does creep in....
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #330
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Crankiness? I know all about crankiness at Disney.

Great update!!! Loved your manatee stories!!! I didn't know there were any at the Seas -- will need to fix that on our next trip.

Ah, the Kim Possible Mission Center -- the bane of my existence...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: