Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #1021
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Yay you're so close! I love erics tip jar that is too cute. He's the mets fan right, I'll tip him! Lets go mets!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 AM   #1022
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
5 Days! Here is to hoping that school goes smoothly....great piles, but I am glad mine are in suitcases now!
Thanks Laura! You are on your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for five days!!!
Thanks Jackie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
I been lurking and reading along for awhile now, but with teh trip so close, I wanted to step in and tell you to have a safe and magical trip!!
Hi and WELCOME! Thanks for coming out and posting, I love getting new readers!! Thanks for all the well wishes too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Diane - hope you and your family have a wonderful time immersed in Disney magic for 2 weeks. Love the story of Matthew becoming a chef. My DS13 (yes, the hockey player) would like to become a chef and work at Disney, well he says either that or he wants to become a Navy Seal.

Anyhow, have a wonderful trip!!!!
Thanks so much! How cute that your son wants to be a Disney chef too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Looks like you just need to throw the clothes in the suitcases and your done . Just 5 more days and 3 more of school .
Thanks Nichole, almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Only 5 more days!!!

Wasn't UP great? What a cute movie. Sounds like a great day up ahead next week!
Thanks Tammy! We LOVED UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Love the update, 5 days, sooooooo close! I bet you can't wait to get out of school. LOVED Eric's tip jar LOVED all the Yankee gear in your packing piles, our husbands are going to get along just fine : ) Your Kona post reminded me that I wanted to try and switch Tony's for Kona, oops, forgot to do that and I bet there aren't any ressies left, I'll give it a try though ; )
Good luck wrapping up the packing!
Lesley
Thanks Lesley! Eric thought of that all on his own, I guess it is from seeing that in NYC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay for 5 days

Eric is too funny with his tip jar

Looks like all you need to do is throw the clothes in the suitcase and you are set
Thanks Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OH! I hope you loved UP!!! We thought it was great! I cried as well !!!! sentimental idiot that I am! A PIXAR movie for goodness sake!

Anyhoo, I hope you are ready for the final FIVE countdown!
I am a sentimental idiot too!!! I am ready to go NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Yippeee! School is almost finished for the year and soon you will be in Disney!
Do you have some special plans for the end of the year?
Thank God! The kids were BRUTAL yesterday! No special plans, just lunch with my coworkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
That is a TON of clothes! Love all of the Disney/Yankee stuff. Like Lesley, I am married to a Yankees die-hard, which makes me a fan by marriage! Disney and Yankees... can get much better than that!

Have a BLAST getting excited and ready this week!!
Thanks Sooze...yes, a TON of stuff is right. I am having a hard time fitting it all! Hooray for more Yankee fans!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Love all the matching Tees! That will be so cute.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Yay you're so close! I love erics tip jar that is too cute. He's the mets fan right, I'll tip him! Lets go mets!
Thanks Nicole! Yes, Eric is the Mets fan around here!!
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #1023
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Down to 4 days now!!!! 2 more days of school!

I ordered our water through Costco on Sunday!!

We are still waiting for our crocs to be delivered!

I went and had my hair done last night....NOT a pretty sight, going back today to get it fixed! Let's just say I look like Greg Brady did after using cousin Oliver's "special" hair tonic! It's OK, you can laugh!

Anyhoo, moving right along!

This time next week, we will be headed to an early morning before park opening breakfast at the Tusker House! Then off for some Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. We are hoping to catch the Nemo show and see Devine cool off with some Kali River Rapids! We will definitely be resting up in the afternoon for our 50's Prime Time dinner and LA NOUBA!!!!!!

Have a GREAT tuesday everyone!!

Diane
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #1024
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Oh no, sorry to hear about your hair. I'm having mine done Friday afternoon, now I'm worried.

Hoping those crocs come in today. I love getting stuff in the mail, just not bills.

We have the same park plans as your crew must be TGM influence. Morning at AK, break and evening at DHS with dinner at WCC (a first for us). I'm so behind in packing, hoping to get caught up.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 06-16-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #1025
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oliver's special hair tonic??? Oh NO!!!!

Four days!!! Woo hoo!!! Can you track your Crocs? I hope they arrive today, so you can stop worrying.

Two more days of school should fly by!

I can't wait to hear about La Nouba!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #1026
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain with the hair, but I did have to laugh about the Greg Brady thing! It seems like we always have some sort of hair drama before a trip, you remember Rachel's bangs last year! And it seems the same way with my hair too, its always cut too short or something. So I've decided no more trying anything new before a trip - it never turns out in my favor! I actually have an appt today at the salon and she told me on the phone she had a pic of a hair cut she wanted to show me that I may like, but since we go to the beach in 2 weeks I think I'll pass!

WOO HOO for 4 days!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #1027
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

i"m gettin that Keratin treatment on my thick wavy hair before I go or I look like a puff ball 24/7 in flordia. Hope all works out well with yours.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #1028
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Oh no, sorry to hear about your hair. I'm having mine done Friday afternoon, now I'm worried.

Hoping those crocs come in today. I love getting stuff in the mail, just not bills.

We have the same park plans as your crew must be TGM influence. Morning at AK, break and evening at DHS with dinner at WCC (a first for us). I'm so behind in packing, hoping to get caught up.
No worries, I got it fixed today THANK GOD! No Crocs today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oliver's special hair tonic??? Oh NO!!!!

Four days!!! Woo hoo!!! Can you track your Crocs? I hope they arrive today, so you can stop worrying.

Two more days of school should fly by!

I can't wait to hear about La Nouba!
Thanks Jackie! We are REALLY excited about La Nouba! My Crocs SHOULD be delivered tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
I feel your pain with the hair, but I did have to laugh about the Greg Brady thing! It seems like we always have some sort of hair drama before a trip, you remember Rachel's bangs last year! And it seems the same way with my hair too, its always cut too short or something. So I've decided no more trying anything new before a trip - it never turns out in my favor! I actually have an appt today at the salon and she told me on the phone she had a pic of a hair cut she wanted to show me that I may like, but since we go to the beach in 2 weeks I think I'll pass!

WOO HOO for 4 days!!!!
You can laugh Tammy, Bryan did too! It is fixed now! I DO remember about Rachel's bangs! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
i"m gettin that Keratin treatment on my thick wavy hair before I go or I look like a puff ball 24/7 in flordia. Hope all works out well with yours.
I SO want to get that or Japanes straightening too!!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #1029
Happydog
DIS Veteran

OH HOW I love 4, because that means 3 is right behind!!!! CAN you believe it?!!! I just can't!!! Everyone I have been reading along with is leaving this weekend!!! FOR DISNEY!!!! This is just so amazing! I am thrilled for you! Your packing piles look like serious business!!
next stop: SUITCASES!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #1030
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Ugh.. it sounds like you have some unnecessary stress these last few days before your trip. Hope everything works out. What a shame that you still have SCHOOL on top of it all!

Oh well, all of that will disappear in just a few short days!

Remind me, have you and your family seen Nemo:The Musical yet?
We LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #1031
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Sorry to hear about your hair, but the greg brady thing cracked me up

Glad you were able to get it fixed

Yay for only 2 days of school left
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 AM   #1032
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

just thought I'd check in and say have a fantastic time at WDW!!! I leave for my 3 month adventure today so I won't be back on here until september! I'm looking forward to reading all about it when I get back

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 06-17-2009, 05:15 AM   #1033
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OH HOW I love 4, because that means 3 is right behind!!!! CAN you believe it?!!! I just can't!!! Everyone I have been reading along with is leaving this weekend!!! FOR DISNEY!!!! This is just so amazing! I am thrilled for you! Your packing piles look like serious business!!
next stop: SUITCASES!!!
Thanks so much! We are getting so close!!!!! So are you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Ugh.. it sounds like you have some unnecessary stress these last few days before your trip. Hope everything works out. What a shame that you still have SCHOOL on top of it all!

Oh well, all of that will disappear in just a few short days!

Remind me, have you and your family seen Nemo:The Musical yet?
We LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Hi Sooze! No we have never seen Nemo (I know, shameful) Looking forward to it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Sorry to hear about your hair, but the greg brady thing cracked me up

Glad you were able to get it fixed

Yay for only 2 days of school left
Thanks Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
just thought I'd check in and say have a fantastic time at WDW!!! I leave for my 3 month adventure today so I won't be back on here until september! I'm looking forward to reading all about it when I get back
Thanks so much for the well wishes and I hope you have a WONDERFUL adventure too!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 AM   #1034
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

We are getting so much closer!!!only 3 more days!!!!!!!!

So, my hair has been fixed! We still have NO CROCS, but they are in New Jersey (somewhere)

Checked the weather forecast for Orlando for the first few days and it looks like typical weather for this time of year!

I was able to use ONLINE DINING RESERVATIONS yesterday to book a lunch at Teppan Edo on our last day SO COOL!!

OK!! One week from today, we will be heading to Magic Kingdom rope drop!!!!

Looking forward to riding Splash Mountain and BTMRR seeing some Philharmagic and riding the Haunted Mansion! We have lunch at The Liberty Tree Tavern (can't wait) and then dinner at Ohana (another family fave) an an evening at the Magic Kingdom as well, hoping to see Spectro tonight!!

After today only ONE more day of school!!! THANK THE LORD!!!!!

Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Diane
Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 AM   #1035
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

3 days!!!! You're almost there.

Magic Kingdom RD for us too and Dinner at 'Ohana's too! A family favorite that I'll be sharing with my sister and niece for the first time.

I played with the new system too but didn't get what I wanted.

Hope those crocs get there today.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread