Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #1321
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Awwww, you are so very welcome! Just make sure you stand in front of the castle to see it. You get the best view there, or if you get a spot early enough I hear the train station is great!

I can't wait to hear how the girls react to Tink's flight!
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #1322
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, Laura -- one more thing -- they now have pink Mickey head soap at Basin -- very cute and strawberry scented -- also, they still have the yellow Mickey head soap by the register -- I bought a bar of each.

Also, they no longer carry the Where the Magic Lives CD, but LL told me about the Four Parks, One World 2-CD set, and it has all the best music from all four parks. It is great! We listened to it all the way home.

No sign of the Mickey ice cream bar bag though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #1324
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

WOW, not checking luggage! HOW GREAT IS THAT! 2 days....unreal! I hope all your packing got finished, now you are in the waiting place like Jackie mentioned on her TR!!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #1325
ampc3
DIS Veteran

hey laura if I don't get a chance to get back on here.... have agreat trip! can't wait to reaD all about it!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #1326
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

IT'S ALMOST TRIP TIME!!!!!!!

B. is lovin' him some Ritz crackers right now. I get the lightly salted ones and he can gobble them down. He also enjoys Cheerios.

I am really interested to see how you do with no checked bags. I will need a tutorial for sure!!

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #1327
princessjv
DIS Veteran

To my surprise, you're going back with Baby (big boy) Luke! Yippee! I was so excited to see that you are going again and staying for a nice size trip. You may need to do a 411 on how to pack a family of 4 for over a week in just carry ons. You are super woman! The girls are so cute, it seems like they have grown so much! AND Luke... oh my, oh my! He is so big! Goodness, I thought he was just born

I am super excited for you guys and really can't wait to read all about the trip with the whole family!

Last edited by princessjv; 06-15-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: I'm the typo queen!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #1328
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe that in 36 hours we will be on the plane to Orlando. Most everything is packed... just a few (and I mean a few-- I had to submit my list to my packing general... dh) items left to fit in the bags. I think we are sending a suitcase and three bags with my parents and carrying on 4 plus probably two personal items.

Here is our plan for the week:

June 16th-Arrive early afternoon, swim, explore, DTD

June 17th - Breakfast at Ohana's (super excited... first time doing breakfast there), swim see my parents that evening when they arrive in Orlando.

June 18th- AK

June 19th- EPCOT with Dinner at Coral Reef

June 20th- Magic Kingdom with dinner at Chef Mickey's

June 21st - Hollywood Studios

June 22nd- Magic Kingdom breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at LeCellier in EPCOT

June 23- ????? until dinner at Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package

June 24- our anniversary at MK with lunch at CRT

June 25- return home that afternoon

We will see how much the "plan" stays intact. We have hoppers, so we will see!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #1329
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I think there is nothing left to run out and buy....I can't believe it is almost Disney time!

You'd better believe it, Baby, just look at that lovely ticker!!!

Kathy
Old 06-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #1330
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I have to say I am inspired by your not checking bags plan. The idea of getting three kids into the airport, through the airport, onto and off the plane and to the resort makes me break out in cols sweats -- and that's before I think of baggage! I hope it goes smoother than my visions!

You guys ARE my heroes!
The no check caused a bit of friction tonight. I missed the memo that it meant one bag, so a total of four bags! I also have a bag that is my diaper bag and my big vera backpack for the girls to use to store their stuff for the plane. Then we will have to carry on the DVD player.... yikes!

I am trying not to think of Luke... and how awful this flight could be (I am a glass half empty type of gal...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Always lots to do at the final hour! But it sounds like you are really prepared!
I will be shocked if there is nothing I forgot! I am a bit worried... but I figure we can go to get whatever we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Only two days!!! That will fly by! I can't believe you aren't going to check anything -- I can't wait to see your packing prowess!!!

Loved catching up on all of the things you are looking forward to -- just so you know, the orange trees still smell delicious on Soarin'!
With two bags with wheels I think we can manage... it might be a funny site. I just hope the girls cooperate, Luke will be in the stroller, but Em can be a stinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
2 DAYS
Almost one in thirty minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Awwww, you are so very welcome! Just make sure you stand in front of the castle to see it. You get the best view there, or if you get a spot early enough I hear the train station is great!

I can't wait to hear how the girls react to Tink's flight!

Thanks Anita! That is what I want to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, Laura -- one more thing -- they now have pink Mickey head soap at Basin -- very cute and strawberry scented -- also, they still have the yellow Mickey head soap by the register -- I bought a bar of each.

Also, they no longer carry the Where the Magic Lives CD, but LL told me about the Four Parks, One World 2-CD set, and it has all the best music from all four parks. It is great! We listened to it all the way home.

No sign of the Mickey ice cream bar bag though.
I will get that soap for sure... glad they have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love my 4 Parks 1 World CD, it is the best!
I will have to check it out too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
WOW, not checking luggage! HOW GREAT IS THAT! 2 days....unreal! I hope all your packing got finished, now you are in the waiting place like Jackie mentioned on her TR!!
I have my last loads of non Disney laundry in, vaccummed, mopped and stuff today..... just waiting.

We have a swim date tomorrow, and Hannah's last softball game tomorrow night...I can't believe it is finally summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
hey laura if I don't get a chance to get back on here.... have agreat trip! can't wait to reaD all about it!
How are those sweet baby boys.... I have been thinking about you and how busy you must be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
IT'S ALMOST TRIP TIME!!!!!!!

B. is lovin' him some Ritz crackers right now. I get the lightly salted ones and he can gobble them down. He also enjoys Cheerios.

I am really interested to see how you do with no checked bags. I will need a tutorial for sure!!
DH was freaking out at all the food I am bringing for him on the plane. I am not going to risk a melt down, I want a happy Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
To my surprise, you're going back with Baby (big boy) Luke! Yippee! I was so excited to see that you are going again and staying for a nice size trip. You may need to do a 411 on how to pack a family of 4 for 8 days in just carry ons. You are super woman! The girls are so cute, it seems like they have grown so much! AND Luck... oh my, oh my! He is so big! Goodness, I thought he was just born

I am super excited for you guys and really can't wait to read all about the trip with the whole family!
So glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
You'd better believe it, Baby, just look at that lovely ticker!!!

Kathy
It is almost ticker shock for me!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #1331
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I totally forgot to go back to Basin for the soap! Baylor got himself all worked up over the smell in there and we had to leave.........
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #1332
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Update... we decided to forgo checking anything....

This is crazy packing... quart size ziplocks here I come!
I'm amazed that you could make it work! Good for you! It's so much easier to just have everything on hand. I would love to attempt this on our next trip...we'll see though. It helps so much that you can send stuff down with your parent's too, so nice!

Wishes...

I'm so excited for you!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #1333
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I cannot believe that in 36 hours we will be on the plane to Orlando.

Here is our plan for the week:

June 16th-Arrive early afternoon, swim, explore, DTD

June 17th - Breakfast at Ohana's (super excited... first time doing breakfast there), swim see my parents that evening when they arrive in Orlando.

We will see how much the "plan" stays intact. We have hoppers, so we will see!
The first day sounds lovely. Ease into Disney magic with the kids with the swimming and Downtown activities.

The characters at 'Ohana were great! Brooklynn could barely eat a bite as she watched the characters from a distance at every table until they got to here. She kept asking us, "Mickey come see me?" "Lilo (only it sounded like Lill-o) come see me?" while patting her chest with the palm of her hand. It was so sweet. She ate about ten cents worth of food!

As long as you have the 'go with the flow' attitude, you'll have a great time, no matter what the schedule is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I totally forgot to go back to Basin for the soap! Baylor got himself all worked up over the smell in there and we had to leave.........
What, didn't the pirate soap smell macho enough for him???
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #1334
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Pssst, Laura -- YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #1335
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO you are going tomorrow!!!

I am so excited for you. You probably won't think so but it seems the time has flown by since you started this PTR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: