Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #31
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
Wow! That is amazing! Brings tears to my eyes reading about the good in the world! Grats on the MAW trip and I wish all the best to Lucas and your family!
Thank you so much!!!! We are excited.

Yes you are right about the good in the world. That has been the positive part of Lucas' disease. We have been blessed by so many special people and how the Lord has allowed them to be in our lives. We were eating at a restaurant right before Lucas was starting his chemo and a lady oveheard us talking about it and a total stranger put $60.00 in his pocket and said put this toward a Ninetendo DS he will need that during his chemo. It is amazing running across these special people. And also this board. It has been amazing getting to know people on these boards and just kind words that people share and they right just make your day.

So thanks for sharing!!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #32
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Here is a picture of Lucas with his principal the day that his school presented Make A Wish a donation in his honor.

Here is Lucas with his Make a Wish Volunteer Clara and Winnie the Pooh and Mr. Wells
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #33
bellairisa
Disney-lover

What a wonderful story about your ds's school and donation!!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #34
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellairisa View Post
What a wonderful story about your ds's school and donation!!

It truly was a very special day. But the funny thing about the whole day was the entire school was so excited about collecting the money and so was Lucas. Little did he know that it was for him. He was very surprised at the assembly when they made the announcement. We are very blessed to be a part of such a great and caring school.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #35
maroo
DIS Veteran

oh, that is so awesome! He got to be sponsored by his school! It doesn't get much better than that!

Lauren was able to be the chair for the MAW collections at her high school this year and it was a highlight for her to be able to give back.

How cool!

I am finally getting caught up on all of my trip and pre-trip reports!! I am enjoying reading yours! And I agree...illness can bring the best out in people. The Lord works in the hard stuff, too...and sometimes we see it more clearly in the hard stuff.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #36
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I LOVE that train shirt he is holding up!!!

Lynn
Old 06-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
oh, that is so awesome! He got to be sponsored by his school! It doesn't get much better than that!

Lauren was able to be the chair for the MAW collections at her high school this year and it was a highlight for her to be able to give back.

How cool!

I am finally getting caught up on all of my trip and pre-trip reports!! I am enjoying reading yours! And I agree...illness can bring the best out in people. The Lord works in the hard stuff, too...and sometimes we see it more clearly in the hard stuff.

We are so blessed to be such a part of a caring school. They have really got behind Lucas and our family and have supported us so much.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #38
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
I LOVE that train shirt he is holding up!!!

Lynn
Lucas loved that you noticed his train shirt. It was wonderful surprise for Lucas when our MAW volunteer had brought it with her. She said MAW was going through Lucas' information and read how much he loved trains and they had some extra shirts and sent one down for Lucas and one for this brother. Needless to say he has wants to wear it about everyday.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
cajunfan

I also noticed his blue Mickey shirt! (It is fun to see stuff from the store on people...of course we saw lots when we in WDW last OCT! .

Can't wait to hear when you get dates.

Lynn
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #40
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I also noticed his blue Mickey shirt! (It is fun to see stuff from the store on people...of course we saw lots when we in WDW last OCT! .

Can't wait to hear when you get dates.

Lynn

Yes that was the shirt that we got. It was so funny trying to explain to him why I was buying the shirt and why he was to wear it to school that day. It was Mickey so I did not have to say much.

As someone was sharing in their PTR it is like waiting for Christmas. We can not wait until we hear from our dates.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
cajunfan

I hope your summer is going well!

We are having the Mickey Sale (semi annual clearance sale) at the store right now, so stop in the next time you all are in town!

Lynn
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #42
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope your summer is going well!

We are having the Mickey Sale (semi annual clearance sale) at the store right now, so stop in the next time you all are in town!

Lynn
Thank you for the info. We are actually going to be in town tomorrow. Lucas has his chemo at Vandy. I will have to my husband we are going to have to make a pit stop.

Thank you for passing along the information.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #43
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Thank you for the info. We are actually going to be in town tomorrow. Lucas has his chemo at Vandy. I will have to my husband we are going to have to make a pit stop.

Hey there!!

Lauren and I are going to be in Nashville this weekend meeting one of the DISers that I am planning to go to Disney with in Sept 2010.

We are going to do some shopping and swimming and lots of eating out!

I went to one semester of nurse practitioner school at Vanderbilt...I love that place. I am sure you guys probably don't like it so much now.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #44
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hey there!!

Lauren and I are going to be in Nashville this weekend meeting one of the DISers that I am planning to go to Disney with in Sept 2010.

We are going to do some shopping and swimming and lots of eating out!

I went to one semester of nurse practitioner school at Vanderbilt...I love that place. I am sure you guys probably don't like it so much now.
Actually we love the place but we do get tired of seeing it so much. I reminded Lucas that tomorrow was chemo day and he said ALRIGHT!!. He just loves his doctor and his nurse. They treat him so special there. Most people are amazed at how Lucas gets excited about going to his treatment. He is at the point that he helps flushes his port and everything. He gets involved with it. They tease him that he would be a great nurse one day.

We love going to Nashville. It is about a 2 hour drive from our home. My husband always says he can see himself living there one day. I love shopping in Nashville!!! and eating but I love eating anywhere.

Have a wonderful trip!! Enjoy yourself.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #45
cajunfan

Hey ya'll! Stop by the store in Opry Mills! I will be working Saturday 11-3pm. (06/20).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post

Did you all make it there? I worked tonight from 6-10...

Lynn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: