Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #151
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You know, we've talked about doing that.

We moved our offices on a Friday afternoon/evening. We threw everything into the offices that night and were open for business again on Monday morning. We had my office furniture/equipment and my boss's office furniture/equipment put in place but everything else just got thrown into two empty offices. Slowly but surely, we started getting things organized and put in the right place. But, then, when we would look for a certain item, it wouldn't be there. Just little stuff like a stapler or a box of file folders or other things like that. We'd look and they'd be in the one of the two empty offices. Maybe we never took them out of there in the first place?

I am always hearing stuff bumping around upstairs but I figured it was nothing.

Now that we have doors opening and dictaphones turning on by themselves, we are wondering if the ghosts were moving around the staplers and stuff too? Or walking around above us. Who knows?

Oh how I love a good "ghost" story! You'll have to keep us informed of the strange happenings that go on.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #152
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I can't believe I missed two pages! Your TR is great and I'm having a great time reading it.

I do have a PTR (it's in my signature), but apparently it isn't very interesting, because the couple of readers I did have left. So now I'm just talking to myself. But that's okay. I talk to myself in real life too...and sometimes I even answer.
That's funny that you mention your PTR. I did one, too, before my trip in March, and NOBODY responded! I think I ended up talking to myself, too, and then I finally just quit. Nobody missed me, LOL!

I didn't get to many hits on my TR, either, so I must be pretty boring... Oh, well. And you know what? I talk to myself sometimes and answer myself sometimes, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!

And do your own thing if you want to. You can have family togetherness and some alone time for your own group. I followed my crowd too much, every step of the way doing what they wanted to do, and you know what? The one night my DS4 and I stayed behind on our own, was the most magical for me and him! So, don't feel bad about branching off some.

It's good for "sanity".

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #153
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

he, he! I just noticed that you added "where's my tooth?" in your title!

That'll grab some readers!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #154
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I can't believe I missed two pages! Your TR is great and I'm having a great time reading it.

I do have a PTR (it's in my signature), but apparently it isn't very interesting, because the couple of readers I did have left. So now I'm just talking to myself. But that's okay. I talk to myself in real life too...and sometimes I even answer.

We still have a little over 3 months to go, so there's not that much to say right now. Although I get to make ADR's next week (and THANK YOU for your Rose and Crown report. We've never eaten there, but we'll definitely keep it off of the list this time too!).

And I think...I think...we're in double digits TODAY. I think. I have to check, but I think we're at 99 days. Or maybe it's even 98. I'll have to run over to disneyworld.com to check, since my ticker does months instead of days.

I totally know what you mean about going with people. We have the whole family going this time. Well, my brother, his wife, and his baby and my parents (and probably grandparents part of the time). We love to be out all day and all night too, but my brother's already talking about naps for the baby. So we've warned them that we just might "do our own thing" some of the time. To which both my parents and my brother have replied "why would you do your own thing, I thought we were going together?" Thankfully we arrive a day before and are leaving a day after everyone else, so we'll get some time in where we aren't following people around.

We've never done the hat-picture-taking thing, but we may just have to try that this time. And I LOVE the "snack collecting" for Illuminations. I always have to get the Rice Candy in Japan and we usually get raspberry candy and gummies in Italy, but I've never done it with all of the countries. Definitely going to try that this time.

The possible ghosts in your office just creeps me out. You have such a great sense of humor, though.

I can't wait to hear more. I'm hooked!

P.S. We'll be lucky if we can manage to keep the surprise until September. We're taking a friend of my son's and his mom said something about it last night. I looked at her and said "It's a secret!" and she just said "They didn't hear me". Which they didn't. But, my older DS has heard us talking recently when we thought he wasn't listing. He blurted out "I want to ride Expedition Everest with Cole!" I just said said "When would we be going to Disney World at the same time as Cole?" I'm hoping he's forgotten the incident.
Glad you're all caught up again. I'm happy that I can keep everybody entertained while they wait on their next WDW trip.

I'm gonna go right over and join in on your report. I don't want you to keep talking to yourself all the time. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that. (Do you guys remember the Seinfeld where they kept saying that?") Seriously, I talk to myself all the time. Especially when I am searching for something or when I'm trying to figure out just the right way to word a legal document.

It's always a super good feeling when you hit the double digits in your countdown. My husband laughs at the way I count things down. I don't count today because, well, it's already here. And, I don't count the day we leave because, well, it's the day we leave. I just count the days in between.

Yea! You get to make ADRs soon. Once my ADRs are made, I do a sign of relief. Those really stress me out.

The snack collecting is a great way to get the entire family involved in exploring World Showcase. A lot of the stuff we come out with get sa "thumbs down" but some do get a "thumbs up". It's a neat thing to do.

I hope that you're able to keep the surprise trip a secret for as long as possible. I'm telling you, it was hard for us to keep it for just a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post

Oh how I love a good "ghost" story! You'll have to keep us informed of the strange happenings that go on.
No problem. My husband is supposed to come over and work on a few things here at the office and, when he does, it's going to be in the afternoon/evening. He wants me to come over with the camera and take pictures like they do on the ghost shows.

Quote:
he, he! I just noticed that you added "where's my tooth?" in your title!

That'll grab some readers!
I didn't want to totally take away the surprise part and the pee part of the title but I did want to add in the tooth part.

John swears everybody is gonna think we are a bunch of toothless people who live out in the middle of nowhere who ain't got no sense.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #155
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Hey, I know lots of people who have no teeth and live out in the middle of nowhere who have no sense! I don't mind knowing another... he, he....

Tell your husband not to worry! We've all got funny stories to tell!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #156
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I just followed your link in your sig from my PTR.. you really didn't have to worry that people weren't going to read your TR... It looks great so far!!

I'm gonna get all caught up.. then post a reply on your plans...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #157
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I know lots of people who have no teeth and live out in the middle of nowhere who have no sense! I don't mind knowing another... he, he....

Tell your husband not to worry! We've all got funny stories to tell!
Well thank yer for addin' me and mine to your list of friens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I just followed your link in your sig from my PTR.. you really didn't have to worry that people weren't going to read your TR... It looks great so far!!

I'm gonna get all caught up.. then post a reply on your plans...
Hey! Thanks for coming on over. Once you get caught up, you'll see that I had quite a few mishaps and I'm not even on our second full day at WDW!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #158
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well thank yer for addin' me and mine to your list of friens.
Yer Welkum!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #159
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

I'm on board

Good job keeping a secret.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #160
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTinker View Post
I'm on board

Good job keeping a secret.
Hey fellow Louisiana resident! I hope to have my next installment up soon. Right now, I am mopping the floor. Well, right this second, I am taking a break.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #161
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Our Epcot day had been an "eventful" one but we still had a wonderful day at the park. We were pleased that we were able to see and do as much as we did. Still, we would have loved to have had another day in Epcot but, alas, it wasn't to be this go round.

After John had "chatted", a/k/a gossiped, with Mark for a while, and most of the crowds had already filtered out of the park, we walked to the CBR bus stop. The Pop Century stop was beside the CBR stop and I saw a lady standing in the Pop line and she had a lime green Mickey head on her backpack. I punched John in the side and said "hey there's a diser!". I walked over to her and said "I'm a diser too!" . I hate that I can't remember her user name or I'd say hello again. I didn't get to say much because the CBR bus pulled up right then. That was the first time in two years that I'd seen a diser at the park so I was excited.

The bus ride to the CBR was short and when we got to our room, we got ready for bed and plopped down. I think it took a total of two minutes for us to fall asleep that night. We were bushed from all the driving to WDW, running to the bathroom and chasing a tooth.

The next morning, Stitch called and woke us up bright and early. When I say us, I mean me. The two boys never even heard the telephone and didn't move a muscle. I decided to let them sleep while I jumped in the shower.

It didn't take much nudging to get Hunter up, into the shower and dressed. Now that he was all wide eyed and bushy tailed, Hunter, was ready for his standard breakfast.....a Little Debbie Fudge Round. I know, I know, that's not the most nutricious breakfast item but that's all the boy wants in the morning. Not cereal, not toast, not pancakes, a Fudge Round.

While Hunter was getting his daily dose of nutrients , I started the long process of waking John up. Because he has epilepsy, he has to take a handful of medicine every night so his medicine levels are maintained over the long nighttime period. Seizure medications make him super groggy and, if he's not moving around, he can go to sleep in no time at all. Still, it's better than having a seizure so we deal with it. Okay, enough details, John eventually got up, showered, dressed and had his morning cup of coffee.

And we were off to catch a bus to Hollwood Studios! Toy Story Mania here we come! One of the things that I really like about the CBR, is the fact that each village has their own bus stop so you're never far from one. Super convenient. We arrived at the bus stop a little before 9:00 a.m. After just an 11 minute ride, we pulled into the Hollywood Studios bus stop. The park had just opened and we had a mission.....to make Toy Story Mania our first ride of the day.

First picture of the day:

And then we get to here

and a castmember stops me....
"Can I help you find something?"
"No thanks, we know where we are going."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes m'am. We're headed to Toy Story Mania."
"Well you're going the wrong way."
"We really do know where we are going. Thanks anyway!"
"You really are going the wrong way!"

I don't mean to be rude or sound like I don't want a castmember's help but we were in a hurry and the last time I checked, we WERE going the right way AND we were ahead of most of the crowds! Duh! Stop talking to me so I can get to Toy Story Mania! After going the "wrong" way, we arrived at Toy Story Mania and the wait was only 20 minutes.

I took these pictures while we waited. I think I took more but they are probably among the lost photos.

The wait for the ride was probably a little bit long than 20 minutes but well worth it. We absolutely loved it. Here's a picture of mine and Hunter's scores. His is the highest one.

I'm so glad that Lacey is going on our August, 2009 trip with us. It's kind of hard when you have a party of three. Hunter has to decide if he wants to ride on his own, or with me or with his Dad because many ride vehicles won't hold three people. When Lacey's with us, we can do two-and-two.

Hunter really wanted to get chosen for Jedi Training Academy so we went there next. We waited and waited and waited and Hunter was really close to the stage but.....he didn't get picked. Bummer! Instead of waiting around for the whole show, we decided to go over to Indiana Jones. The guests were already entering the theater and it was nearly full but the castmember kept telling people to go in. We got in the line and we waited along with everybody else while they tried to fit more and more people into the theater. When they finally let us in, it was standing room only.

Hunter was really into Indiana Jones around the time we went to WDW and one of the things he wanted to spend his money on was an Indiana Jones hat. It took forever to find one to fit him but he finally found one. I'll post a picture of it later on.

I'll continue on tomorrow. My ghost hunter show is coming on and I've got to pick up some tips on uncovering the ghost in my office.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I should have told you guys that I wrote the most recent update last night but then found out I couldn't post it because the boards were down. So, I copied it and pasted it in this morning.

I'll try to post more this evening. Hunter and I are on the way to the mall again today. I've got to try and find gifts for Lacey and her other 14 classmates. I'm thinking something engraved with "MGMC Class of 2008-2009" but I'll just have to wait and see what they have and how much the cost will be.

And, I have to stop by the office before heading to the mall because my boss bought his sister a birthday gift and can't remember where he put it. I offered to go by the office and see where he put it. Or maybe......the ghost(s) moved it around?!?!

Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #163
flamom
DIS Veteran

i'm really enjoying your report mickeystoontown. i've been to the studios twice before but it was a long time ago matter of fact it was when i was pregnant with my second child and he's 18 so really looking forward to it especially going on toy story mania that looks like alot of fun. took my kids to burger king today and my youngest's son's baby tooth fell out made me think of what happend to you,lol.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #164
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

GREAT update. I really enjoyed TSM too. We were lucky enough to get some FP's late in the morning the day we went for an afternoon ride, so we ended our day with that ride before heading to HDDR.
I'm not sure if I ever have seeen a Diser or not, but I think I have, but just never went up to them. LOL!

Quote:
That's funny that you mention your PTR. I did one, too, before my trip in March, and NOBODY responded! I think I ended up talking to myself, too, and then I finally just quit. Nobody missed me, LOL!

I didn't get to many hits on my TR, either, so I must be pretty boring... Oh, well. And you know what? I talk to myself sometimes and answer myself sometimes, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!

And do your own thing if you want to. You can have family togetherness and some alone time for your own group. I followed my crowd too much, every step of the way doing what they wanted to do, and you know what? The one night my DS4 and I stayed behind on our own, was the most magical for me and him! So, don't feel bad about branching off some.

It's good for "sanity".
Did you have a TON of pictures in your PTR? I found the ones that get alot of hits seem to be the ones that start out with alot of pictures in the first couple of posts. People like to know who you are and also see your interests or past Disney pictures.
Also I am going to check out you TR, but I did see that you have ALOT of writing between pictures...another thing I have noticed is the more pictures the better. Yes I want to know the details, but I want to see the pictures that go with it it too. Thats jsut what I have noticed about the ones that get alot of hits.
I'll try to catch up on yours in the next day or so.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

One other thing MICKEY4EVER, in your intro post, you don't introduce yourself or anyone else, so that makes it harder to follow. Maybe edit it a bit and put the dates, the "cast" and stuff like you are driving there and maybe where you are from. Just reading the first couple of paragraphs I am a little lost. Also maybe add a picture of you and DS so people can get a feel for who theyr are reading about right away. Of course these are suggestions, but I actually pass up most TR's if they don't start out with that kind of stuff.

Ok, no more hyjacking of the thread...I promise!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: