Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #91
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

TT is one I have yet to get my DDs on. In 2006 I was going to ride the single-rider line and it broke down. Seems not much has changed with that ride . I'm crossing my fingers very tightly that I can get them on it this trip, if not it will have to wait until next year when daddy comes along and they feel safer with him than with me.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #92
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBelle View Post
TT is one I have yet to get my DDs on. In 2006 I was going to ride the single-rider line and it broke down. Seems not much has changed with that ride . I'm crossing my fingers very tightly that I can get them on it this trip, if not it will have to wait until next year when daddy comes along and they feel safer with him than with me.
Hunter absolutely loves Test Track and has been riding it every since he was tall enough to do so. See if you can talk them into riding. I think they'll like it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #93
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

OK I'm all caught up.
Your my surprise hero! Maybe one day I'll be able to keep a surprise.

-nat
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #94
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
OK I'm all caught up.
Your my surprise hero! Maybe one day I'll be able to keep a surprise.

-nat
Yeah! Nat! I'm glad I'm somebody's hero. I honestly don't know if I could do the whole surprise trip again.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #95
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Of course you had to tell everybody about the trip once the cat was out of the bag. It's funny 'cause when I talk about Disney World with my husband, he acts all nonchalant about it. But, when somebody new comes along to talk about Disney World, he is telling them all about it....how the dining plan works, how he loves to ride everything over and over again, how he never has to drive because Disney will cart him around, etc. etc. etc.

I agree about the tomato tree in the backyard. I was watering our little garden last night and counting the few tomatoes we have on the plants. Grand total 11! Man are we really going to be eating tomatoes this year.

I expect to have more of my Epcot day posted later today. We get stuck on Test Track!
My Dh is like that too. He seems like its a chore to go but tells everyone else how great it is and what deal it is to have the dining plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Guess we're part of the "cool crowd"!

My kids love it too. Have you ever taken the Behind the Seeds Tour? It's a really cheap tour. I think it was less than $15.00 each. They take you up close to everything and we got to sample the Mickey shaped cucumbers too.

My DH and DD did this our past trip and really enjoyed it and I enjoyed some time alone.

I love the gotta pee on the ride. I can tell you where the bathroom is too becuase Claire had to go bad as well when we got off and we made the mad dash, of course in all her pee pain she still noticed a toy she wanted as we walked though the gift shop and talked no stop about it till we went back and got it. LOL!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #96
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My Dh is like that too. He seems like its a chore to go but tells everyone else how great it is and what deal it is to have the dining plan.

My DH and DD did this our past trip and really enjoyed it and I enjoyed some time alone.

I love the gotta pee on the ride. I can tell you where the bathroom is too becuase Claire had to go bad as well when we got off and we made the mad dash, of course in all her pee pain she still noticed a toy she wanted as we walked though the gift shop and talked no stop about it till we went back and got it. LOL!

John really does Disney World but I guess he thinks I talk about it too much so he doesn't ever really express any of his love with me. But, he does like to talk to everybody else about it.

Claire has an eagle eye if she can spot a toy even while in "I gotta pee" mode.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #97
Disney4nonah
Mouseketeer

Yay, I'm all caught up!
So glad you surprised him..that was good...
Hey we are drop and go kinda people too...but it's easy to be so when you have no kids. Can't wait to read more.

Me 42- DH 45-
POR Jan 20-28, 2015
POFQ Jan 19-26, 2010
POFQ May 25-31, 2009;
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #98
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

What a great TR. Your DS must have been so excited about the surprise. I hope that my DS ends up loving Disney that much as he gets older.

Thanks for the pictures of the CBR food court - we are staying there for the first time in September and I can't wait.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #99
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4nonah View Post
Yay, I'm all caught up!
So glad you surprised him..that was good...
Hey we are drop and go kinda people too...but it's easy to be so when you have no kids. Can't wait to read more.
If I didn't have John around, I do believe that Hunter and I could make it to rope drop every day. They say that women take a long time to get ready, well, they haven't seen John! It's not that he primps and preens, he's just God awful slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
What a great TR. Your DS must have been so excited about the surprise. I hope that my DS ends up loving Disney that much as he gets older.

Thanks for the pictures of the CBR food court - we are staying there for the first time in September and I can't wait.
Hunter and Lacey have grown up going to Disney. Hunter especially since he was just 1 on our first trip. Lacey had just turned 11 on our first trip. If it is Disney related, we love it!

I have more pictures of the CBR that I'll post later on in the report. It's an absolutely gorgeous resort.

I hope to get the next part of our Epcot day posted while I am on my lunch hour.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #100
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

So, when I left off, I was running to a bathroom and leaving John and Hunter in my dust. I didn't, literally, run but I sure did some power walking to make it to the nearest bathroom. What was wrong with these crowds? Why aren't they moving outta my way? Don't they know I gotta go? I get to the bathroom and there's a short line. Of course! But, it did move very quickly and I was able to finally make it into a bathroom stall. Disaster diverted! (For now...hint, hint, hint)

I called John on his cell phone and he and Hunter had done the wise thing and simply waited for me at the Text Track exit. I made my way back to Test Track and when I spotted them, I could see them laughing still. Stupid heads!

Even though our tummies were rumbling, we decided that, since we were really near Ellen's Universe of Energy, we'd go there before eating. Does no one take this path to Ellen's?

After laughing at Ellen's antics, we finally make our way over to the Electric Umbrella. I can't remember what John and Hunter ordered but I know it couldn't have been anything super extraordinary because, well, it was the Electric Umbrella. I ordered a cheeseburger meal. It was tasty until.......

Now, I told you guys that I had diverted one disaster but you'll also remember that I gave a "hint, hint, hint". Here it comes.....

We're eating our food and talking about heading over to World Showcase when I feel a pop in my mouth and I hear a "ding, ding, ding". Holy Smokes! My temporary crown had fallen out of my mouth and onto the table! I immediately drop my burger and grab for the tooth which is bouncing it's way across the table. What is this? A grasshopper crown?

I had been to the dentist three times already to get a new crown made and the temporary had already fallen out twice. From what the dentist told me, temporaries are always falling out. I asked him what to do if it fell out while at WDW and he laughed and said hopefully it won't but "I hope you pack some super glue." Thank goodness, I really did and it was in the backpack we brought to the park.

John and Hunter are looking at me all crazy like and ask me what I am doing. I hold out my hand and they see a tooth! "Where did that come from?" they asked. "Where the fart do you think it came from?" I shrieked. Then they started giggling and then they started laughing. I mean almost hysterically laughing. Why would my loving family start laughing at me in my time of need? Because the temporary crown was my front tooth! I now had a gapping hole in my smile with just a wire sticking out of my gums. Right now, I am laughing too but I wasn't laughing when I had a tooth in my hand and I'm sitting in the middle of Epcot.

I pick up the backpack and start digging around for my super glue and the trusty ziplock bags I always pack. After putting the tooth in the ziplock bag, I keep digging for the super glue. Don't tell me I didn't put it in the backpack. Just when I was at the point of pouring the entire contents of the backpack on the floor and scrambling around in front of everybody, I found it.

While John and Hunter wiped their eyes, I made my way to the bathroom. Who needs a stinking ole dentist anyway? Who needs my family? I can do this myself. After I get to the bathroom, I realize that I didn't bring in my little mirror and I would have to stand in front of the big bathroom mirror if I didn't go back and get the backpack. I made my way out of the bathroom back to the still laughing fartheads, a/k/a John and Hunter, and went back to the bathroom with my compact. After spending a few minutes sitting on the toilet and balancing the compact on the tissue holder, I got the tooth reattached and it looked quite professional, if I do say so myself.

Head held high, I go back to the table and smile really big! No gapping hole any more. John and Hunter attempt to apologize but they kept stiffling a grin. By this time, too, I was getting a bit giggly too and all was fine and dandy once again.

(For those of you who are concerned about my putting super glue in my mouth, I really did ask the dentist if it would be okay. He said it wouldn't be the best of things to do but I could do it and it'd be okay until I got back home.)

Next up, our walk around World Showcase in search of a sword.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-10-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #101
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I'm cracking up over here! Too funny! Love the way you told this, priceless!

You should really think about renaming your TR: Lost my grin in EPCOT or All I want from Epcot is one of my two front teeth!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #102
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post

I'm cracking up over here! Too funny! Love the way you told this, priceless!

You should really think about renaming your TR: Lost my grin in EPCOT or All I want from Epcot is one of my two front teeth!
Hey renaming the thread is a good thought. I swear, if anything out of the ordinary can happen, it's gonna happen to me! I spoke to John during my lunch hour and told him about my update. He started laughing all over again.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #103
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Come on now!!!! Where's the picture???
It's nice that you and your family have such a good sense of humor!

One time my whole family (my parents, my brother & his wife, and Shawn - before babies) went to Disney World. There were too many of us so I was sitting in the back of our SUV on the way to MGM. Well someone cut us off in the parking lot... so when we finally parked everyone jumped out to see who the idiot was. Well they totally forgot about me!! I needed help to get out of the back of SUV since the door didn't open from the inside. I started laughing so hard... until a few minutes had passed and they still hadn't come back. The laughter slowly turned into tears... not sure really why... I thought it was funny - but something about being locked in a car at Disney World seemed tragic. It was then that I knew how all of those poor little dogs felt. About 5 minutes later they all came back laughing...

-nat
Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #104
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh, I forgot to mention that, while I was in the bathroom trying to reattach my temporary, the automatic toilet flushed two times. I got a little sprinkling of water on my tushy but I didn't care 'cause I had my grin back.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #105
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!!

Well I'm glad you are laughing now. I would have been freaking out if I were you too!! Good thing you had your trusty super-glue with you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: