Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #76
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Everybody laughs at me because I usually won't buy anything unless it's on sale or clearance. Hey, I gotta save my money for Disney!

Lisa

You sound just like me!! I never buy anything that is not on sale. Everyone knows I am "thrifty" the rest of the year so I can afford a week in Disney once a year!!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #77
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great Epcot update!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #78
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd try to get a bit more of our Epcot day posted while I am on my lunch hour.

Let's see, oh yeah, I ran over to the other side of Future World and grabbed Fastpasses for Mission Space while the boys used the facilities. When I came back, they were all refreshed and ready to go visit Nemo and friends.

But, first, we decided we needed a snack. A nice refreshing ice cream bar.
We try to take the out of the way paths so we can avoid some of the crowds. Here are a few pics we took while walking over to the ice cream cart.

***DISCLAIMER*** Hunter told me I have to throw this disclaimer in. When I packed his stuff, I forgot to take out the old sunglasses and put in the new ones. So, the ones in some of the pictures are his old ones which are too small for his face. He had some really cool ones at home but I forgot to pack them.

Back to our regularly scheduled trip report. Some pictures we took while walking to the ice cream cart.

The snuggly wuggly (yeah right) anniversary couple:

We finished up our ice cream and we were feeling refreshed and ready to go see Nemo and friends:

Look at this disgusting looking creature:

and one of him scurrying away:

It's Nemo and Dory!

Hey! Nemo has two heads!

Most people don't know that there are Kidcot Stops in Future World too:

If there's a computer anywhere, Hunter is going to find it. Kids can take a quiz and their score shows up on the screen. You have the option to email yourself a Certificate showing your score. When we got home, it was waiting on us.

We also saw these jellyfish. Some were so itty bitty tiny that you could barely see them.

We walked around and saw all of the sea creatures and headed over to see Turtle Talk with Crush. Hunter "Dude" got to ask Crush a question and for the life of me I can't remember what it was. But I do remember he had everybody in the audience and Crush laughing. What can I say?

After our visit with Nemo, we went over to see how Figment was. We hadn't seen him in a whole year. He was doing just fine. See:

The line for Honey I Shrunk The Audience was horrible and we still had some time before we could use our Mission Space Fastpasses. So, we strolled over to get a taste of our favorite Coca Cola products. We were thoroughly disappointed that there was no watermelon flavor this time. There was a spot for it on the machine but all said they were out of order.

It was getting close to our Fastpass time so on we went to Mission Space. We really like the intense side so that's the one we chose. I can't remember what our positions were but Hunter's was pilot. We had a lone rider come along for the ride with us and he gladly gave up the position to Hunter.

After our Mission to Mars, we were getting hungry for lunch but decided to go on Test Track since the wait was only 30 minutes. I couldn't believe it. We must have hit it at just the right time 'cause usually the wait is super long by lunch time.

I took a few pictures while waiting in line. Since we had a while to chat, I told my boys that I had to make a bathroom stop as soon as we got off the ride and before we took a lunch break.

By the time we got in our car, I really really had to tinkle. I knew the ride wouldn't take very long and there wasn't anything I could do about it right then anyway. Here's a pic of Hunter and John in the car:

Our car bounced up to the building opening and stopped. "Don't worry guys, the ride will start again in just a minute," somebody announced. "I sure hope so", I said. "I gotta pee!" (Yep Hunter, I stole your line. )

The ride starts and we bounce along for a little bit and then, guess what, it shuts down.....right when we get smack in the middle of the frozen part. Not what I needed...Blasts of cold air and dripping water. We sit there and sit there and sit there.

There were three teenagers in the car with us just laughing and carrying on....totally oblivious to my dire situation. I now feel like one of those little kids that you see squirming and wiggling 'cause they "gotta go real bad!" John and Hunter start laughing at me and I'm frantically thinking what the heck am I going to do? If I pee myself, I guess I am going to have to take the bottle of water and pour it in my lap to "save face". At least that way, I can say I spilled water on myself.

Finally, we get going once again. And, somewhere along the way, I snap these pictures:

When the ride stops, I tell John and Hunter that they'll just have to find me later or call me on the phone or something because I'm making a run for the nearest bathroom. See ya!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #79
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hi! Love the update. Epcot is not one of my most favorite parks, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself when we went with March, even LWTL, which was never a favorite of mine. Unfortunately, we didn't get to ride Soarin'. The line was forever long and no FP left to speak of by the time we got there. Oh, well. Maybe next year! I love the rehabbed SE, though. Totally awesome!

I also wanted to mention that we are traveling in the same circles because I have spotted you on two other threads that I subscribe to: Hello? I'm in the COP and A Northern Girl's TR. Cool, huh?

Quote:
Uh, oh... Just spotted you again in "Prolly the least planned Dis Trip Ever!" thread, also! Boy, we really DO travel in the same circles, don't we??? Are you on the Jon & Kate thread also?
Guess we're part of the "cool crowd"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I have to say that Living with the Land is one of my most favorite rides! I am not at all a gardener, but that ride is so interesting to me. Believe it or not, my boys really like it too.
My kids love it too. Have you ever taken the Behind the Seeds Tour? It's a really cheap tour. I think it was less than $15.00 each. They take you up close to everything and we got to sample the Mickey shaped cucumbers too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #80
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
You sound just like me!! I never buy anything that is not on sale. Everyone knows I am "thrifty" the rest of the year so I can afford a week in Disney once a year!!
Absolutely! There are very few things that I buy "regular" price. It's the joke of the entire family. I am also getting the freebie samples online and they laugh at that too. But, then they ask me where I found the bargains.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #81
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Yes, I do believe we are part of the "cool crowd!!!"

I love the Mickey shirts you've been sporting.

I think your camera takes really great shots. Some of those pics are crystal clear and I'm jealous wondering why MINE won't do that!!! (Probably the operator, not the camera, )

I hate the fact that your bladder was so full that you couldn't even enjoy the ride! On the bright side, at least it wasn't the Rock n' Roller Coaster, right?

LOL at pouring a bottle of water on yourself to save face. I'd have been exploring my options, too!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #82
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I find it admirable that in the midst of your dire need to pee, you had the presence of mind to snap some good pics!! LOL!!

We got stopped for a long period of time on TT this past trip...I'm SO glad it wasn't in the cold spot! Yikes!

All I can think of as I read this is that commercial with the "gotta go, gotta go , gotta go right now!" song. I think it's for some bladder control pill! TOOOOOOO FUNNNNNY!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #83
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I find it admirable that in the midst of your dire need to pee, you had the presence of mind to snap some good pics!! LOL!!

We got stopped for a long period of time on TT this past trip...I'm SO glad it wasn't in the cold spot! Yikes!

All I can think of as I read this is that commercial with the "gotta go, gotta go , gotta go right now!" song. I think it's for some bladder control pill! TOOOOOOO FUNNNNNY!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #84
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Uh, oh... Just spotted you again in "Prolly the least planned Dis Trip Ever!" thread, also! Boy, we really DO travel in the same circles, don't we??? Are you on the Jon & Kate thread also?
I just re-read your post. What's the Jon & Kate thread?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #85
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

The Jon and Kate thread is a board on Dis that discusses Jon and Kate Plus 8. I joined up a few weeks ago, but now I have stopped posting b/c things can get a bit heated, LOL! I still lurk there, though, and I was wondering if maybe I saw you over there, but I guess not! I've seen your screen name before, though, so I was trying to figure out where I saw it!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #86
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I do believe we are part of the "cool crowd!!!"

I love the Mickey shirts you've been sporting.

I think your camera takes really great shots. Some of those pics are crystal clear and I'm jealous wondering why MINE won't do that!!! (Probably the operator, not the camera, )

I hate the fact that your bladder was so full that you couldn't even enjoy the ride! On the bright side, at least it wasn't the Rock n' Roller Coaster, right?

LOL at pouring a bottle of water on yourself to save face. I'd have been exploring my options, too!!!!
My friends laugh at me because I wear Disney shirts all the time, not just on vacation.

I really like my Kodak Easy Share camera. It's pretty easy to use even when you have an operator like me. The only problem I have with it is setting the date. I am forever trying to get it right.

I was seriously thinking about pouring the water in my lap. Other ideas kept swirling around in my head but I figured there were hidden cameras everywhere and I didn't want to get caught in a "compromising" position.

Quote:

What kind of Diser would I have been if I didn't take pictures for you guys? I had to take one for the team!

Quote:
Ditto!

You guys are never gonna believe what happens when we go to eat lunch. That's coming up soon.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-09-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #87
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Jon and Kate thread is a board on Dis that discusses Jon and Kate Plus 8. I joined up a few weeks ago, but now I have stopped posting b/c things can get a bit heated, LOL! I still lurk there, though, and I was wondering if maybe I saw you over there, but I guess not! I've seen your screen name before, though, so I was trying to figure out where I saw it!
I don't want to start any squabbling but I love that show!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #88
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I don't want to start any squabbling but I love that show!
Me, too, though the parents sometimes drive me crazy. Those kids are the cutest!!!! Aaden is my favorite!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #89
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa! Thought I would come on over and check out your TR! So far so good! Keep it up!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #90
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Lisa! Thought I would come on over and check out your TR! So far so good! Keep it up!
Hey Kimberly! Thanks for coming over. I hope to get another Epcot update posted this evening.

Lisa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: