Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's Off to Celebrate We Go!--LAST UPDATE!!! PG 62 ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's FINALLY OFFICIAL!!!!!!

This trip that has been mused about, thought upon, planned---and then cancelled TWICE---and dreamed of for the past year is FINALLY OFFICIAL!!!!!

PHEW!!!!! I needed to get that out because I have been waiting SO long to say it!!!!! But yes, there is a reservation, a confirmation number, an ADR date, and most importantly, a PTR with a TITLE---so I KNOW it is finally official!!!! (Yeah me!)

Coming Right Up: The reveal of the gang going on this journey and how it finally ALL came to be!!! STAY TUNED!

Table of Contents for Updates--linked right to posts!!!
WHO are YOU?
Sit back, Relax, and ENJOY THE SHOW!
And What Might WE be CELEBRATING???
RESORTITIS!!!!!!!! I'm Going MAD!!!!!
The Recital Update!!!!
Park Plans and ADRs---YEAH BABY!!!!
Short and Sweet!!!!
ADRs are FINISHED......For NOW!!!
And Now we WAIT!!!!!
An Apology of Sorts!!
What's a PTR without a FEW CHANGES?????
Time for a Quickie.....
Peacocks and Boutiques!!!
EPCOT---Musts, Loves, and DON'Ts!!!
I have a little surprise!!!!
Animal Kingdom---Musts, Loves, and DON'TS!!!!!
A Sweet, Little Surprise!!!!!
Hollywood Studios---Musts, Loves, and DON'TS!!!!
Is there a cure for Resortitis??????
It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year---Part One!
It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year---Part Two!
Magic Kingdom---Musts, Loves, and DON'TS!!!!!
You want it? You Got it! The "Oh my God, OCD Packing List!"

TR Updates

Half the Fun is Getting There...........Right?!?!?!?!?
Let's Start This Party Off RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would We Have a Grim Megan or a Grinning Megan?????
"I like it but I don't want to do that ever again!"
"I like it but I don't want to do that ever again!" Part II
"I like it but I don't want to do that ever again!" Part III
Life-size Test Track Dummies!
(There is also a mini-update on pg. 48 about our ride on the North Pole Express! No link here though!)
As Promised..........
"It's a Doozie!" Part One
"It's a Doozie!" Part Two
continued Part Two
"It's a Doozie!" Part Three
Friday Family FUN Day!!!
Friday Family FUN Day!!! Part Two
This day was so good it is hard to sum it up in a title! Part One
This day was so good it is hard to sum it up in a title! Part Two
I Should Have Known.....
Heigh ho, Heigh ho! It's Home to Celebrate we GO!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Last edited by MegansMom; 04-22-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO!

I am so excited for you all! I can't wait to hear all the details.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Followed you over from LL's report. Cant wait to hear more. My Dad is from Kentucky and I visited there every summer as a child. I have not been there in years. I use to love those trips every summer. We will be there the month before you.

1975-day trip to Magic Kingdom
3/2005-Pop Century
6/2006-Coronado Springs
1/2007-POFQ
12/2007-Wilderness Lodge
8/2009-CBR
10/2012-Swan
7/2014-Corando Springs
10/2014-Old Key West
3/2015-POR
Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
MegansMom

"WHO are YOU??????"

Well, that was a very short start, but at least it was something!

I am sure many of you are sitting on the edge of your seats, salivating for the next juicy morsel and detail of the trip.....no, no, no.....THE CELEBRATION of what is to come. So let us get this party started off right.......with some introductions!!!!!

Celebrating down at Mickey's House will be Me (Jen---aka MegansMom), my DH (Tom---aka "Honey" and "Daddy") and my own personal princess (Megan---aka "Princess," "Squirt," "Megs"---seriously this list could go on forever!) Here we are!!!

Me and Megs

For those of you who don't know me, I am a stay-at-home Mom to my one beautiful daughter Megan. I used to teach High School English, but once Megan blessed our world, I stayed home to care for her and my family. I love scrapbooking and planning for our Disney trips, which we have been fortunate to take each year since 2006.

Tom and Megs

Tom is a VERY hardworking Corporate Accountant, and looks forward to taking his vacation every year. He has really enjoyed all our past WDW trips, and is looking forward to having another trip with just "his girls" this year!

And our Megs

She is our one and only, and truly the light of our lives! She is funny, sweet, and becoming so much smarter than her Mommy with each passing day!

So, now you know who we are.......in the next update, I will fill you in on a little more about us and all the history of this trip.....it is quite a lengthy one!!!! "Y'all come back now, you hear!!!!"

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

High School English. Wow, that takes a special person. I'm a kindergarten teacher myself. I love them all bright eyed, fresh to the education system and most importantly shorter than me! Kuddo's to you for being able to work with teens.

So where are you staying? What are you planning? Inquiring minds want to know.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hurrah! The trip came true!! Can't wait to hear about the details. I think you mentioned resort stress? You must spill soon! You've kept us in the dark long enough. But seriously, so very glad that everything worked out and you're able to make the trip. Can't wait to plan with you!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Reporting for roll call!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Hot diggity dog! Now I have to go and compare your ticker to mine and see if I can figure out if our dates overlap!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
maroo
DIS Veteran

Hello! Followed you over from TK's TR.

I, too, want to compare tickers!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Hi Jen!
I'm so happy to hear that your plans are finalized!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
MegansMom

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO!

I am so excited for you all! I can't wait to hear all the details.
I knew you would make it!!! Details are coming....I promise my dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Followed you over from LL's report. Cant wait to hear more. My Dad is from Kentucky and I visited there every summer as a child. I have not been there in years. I use to love those trips every summer. We will be there the month before you.
So glad you came a strolling on over here!!! More scoop is on the way....I promise!!! Which part of the state is your Dad from? I am a "Northerner," from one of the counties that borders Indiana and Ohio---right across from Cincy. So sorry to hear that we will be missing you by a month though! HAVE FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Megs is just so cute. So cute!
Yes, I concur. BUT, I know that I am WAY too biased for words!!!!! I still wonder all the time how I made something so darn cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
High School English. Wow, that takes a special person. I'm a kindergarten teacher myself. I love them all bright eyed, fresh to the education system and most importantly shorter than me! Kuddo's to you for being able to work with teens.

So where are you staying? What are you planning? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, I have always considered myself "special," but I am not sure that is what made me a successful High School English teacher!!!! I'm sorry---very slap-happy right now because.......I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!! I loved my Seniors, but I always felt the same way about Elementary teachers---don't know how you handle all those little kiddos some days! We are all gifted in our own little ways!!!

The details are coming......just you wait and see!!! BIG THINGS I TELL YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurrah! The trip came true!! Can't wait to hear about the details. I think you mentioned resort stress? You must spill soon! You've kept us in the dark long enough. But seriously, so very glad that everything worked out and you're able to make the trip. Can't wait to plan with you!
Thank you for sticking with me through all the suspense!!! There is resort stress....I will speak of this VERY soon!!! I am so excited to have peeps to plan with too!!! I'm so glad you are here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Reporting for roll call!
Katie.....check!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hot diggity dog! Now I have to go and compare your ticker to mine and see if I can figure out if our dates overlap!!!!
Hmmmmmm?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We will just have to see how close of a brush with greatness I may have!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hello! Followed you over from TK's TR.

I, too, want to compare tickers!
I am SO glad you hopped on over!!! I always enjoy your commentary---can't wait to hear your comments on this one! Compare away my dear!!!

Thank You and Welcome to all those that have joined in on the fun so far!!! I know the details are thin right now, but trust me, everything will be revealed really soon!!!! I PROMISE!!!! BUT, here are some teasers to keep your mouths watering until the next update:

--There will be resort stress
--There will be COPIOUS amounts of ADRs to be made
--There will be MANY events to be celebrated
--THERE WILL BE LISTS!!!!! Heck, it would not be a PTR of mine without a million lists.....should I count this as list #1?????
--There will be a deluge of pictures of us from WDW past and present
--AND there may be changes....you just NEVER....KNOW!!!!

MORE COMING SOON----STAY TUNED!!!!!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
MegansMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Hi Jen!
I'm so happy to hear that your plans are finalized!!!!

Heidi---so glad you are here!!! How is that beautiful baby girl?!?!?!?!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Heidi---so glad you are here!!! How is that beautiful baby girl?!?!?!?!
Danica is wonderful. New pictures are posted Here

Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
MegansMom

She is gorgeous!!!! I hope all is going well for you guys!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: