Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #46
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm having DeJevue. I think I saw your CBR pictures before. Did you post them after your trip on the resort rooms thread. They are great looking rooms. I have wanted to stay there some day, but I hear from alot of people how far and spread out it is, so now I'm not sure I ever will. LOL! Of course my DH hates to spend a dime more than we have to, so I'm sure we will always be in the values. Good thing I love POP! LOL! I'm sure I would be happy anywhere on property though.

I can't beleive you could even keep the secret AFTER you were on the road. I don't think I could. And if I did, DH would've blurted it out long before me. LOL! DH used to tell me my christmas presents on accident...like, it's time for you to open you earin....AHHHHH present.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #47
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm having DeJevue. I think I saw your CBR pictures before. Did you post them after your trip on the resort rooms thread. They are great looking rooms. I have wanted to stay there some day, but I hear from alot of people how far and spread out it is, so now I'm not sure I ever will. LOL! Of course my DH hates to spend a dime more than we have to, so I'm sure we will always be in the values. Good thing I love POP! LOL! I'm sure I would be happy anywhere on property though.

I can't beleive you could even keep the secret AFTER you were on the road. I don't think I could. And if I did, DH would've blurted it out long before me. LOL! DH used to tell me my christmas presents on accident...like, it's time for you to open you earin....AHHHHH present.

Hey Jen, I did post the pictures over on the resort rooms thread. We are CBR lovers but, as you know, we'll be at Pop this year. The extra money we saved by going value is going toward Cirque de Soliel tickets!

We drove over to Pop last August and, honestly, I think we walked just as far at Pop as we did at the CBR. I think the whole "it's spread out"/ "I walked forever" comments are seriously exaggerated. I walked from the furthest CBR building to Old Port Royale (main pool, store, etc.) and it took me 6 1/2 minutes. I don't think that's too bad.

Maybe one day when Claire is bigger and you guys need a bit more room, maybe your hubby will agree to try a moderate. If you do, make it the CBR.

I actually did, while driving, say, "when we get to Disney" and then realized what I was saying. John and I both turned around and looked at Hunter. He had his earphones plugged into the DVD player and never even looked up. Whew!

I know what you mean about husband's keeping secrets. John once bought me perfume for Christmas. When he came back from Christmas shopping, he said "Smell my wrist, that's your Christmas present." When I got a bit p.o.'d about it, he said "What? I didn't tell you what kind it was!"

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #49
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I love hearing about trips!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #50
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
I love hearing about trips!
Me too! I often say trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #51
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

We're staying at CBR on our Disney trip in September and your pictures of the room are getting me so excited!

Do you find the corner rooms to be a little bigger? I know they have the extra window, that's why I was asking.

Looking forward to hearing about everything yall did on the first day!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #52
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
We're staying at CBR on our Disney trip in September and your pictures of the room are getting me so excited!

Do you find the corner rooms to be a little bigger? I know they have the extra window, that's why I was asking.

Looking forward to hearing about everything yall did on the first day!
The corner room wasn't actually bigger than the other CBR rooms but it did feel bigger. I was really excited to find out we had the corner room.

I think you're really gonna love the CBR. We do!

Old 06-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #53
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I'm on board!

I think I teared up a little when I read about your son's reaction. He sounds like a great little guy!

Bummed that you lost your pictures. I would have cried too!!!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #54
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I'm on board!

I think I teared up a little when I read about your son's reaction. He sounds like a great little guy!

Bummed that you lost your pictures. I would have cried too!!!!!!
Glad you decided to join in on my trip report. Hunter is a pretty cool kid. I think I'll keep him.

I was really glad that the camera shop guy was able to retrieve some of my pictures. I was afraid that I had lost them all.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #55
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey ya'll. Sorry I didn't get my Epcot day posted yesterday.

Hunter needed some new shorts and a new pair of tennis shoes for our August Walt Disney World trip so we hit the mall yesterday. Penney's had a really good Door Buster sale and I had a 15% off your entire purchase coupon. I was pleased with myself. We got Hunter two pairs of shorts, a pair of shorts for me, two tank tops for Hunter, two shirts for Lacey and a dress shirt for me to wear to work. Total cost? $52.57!

No tennis shoes at the mall but we did find a pair of Nike at Academy and they were only $39.99. He's now in men's tennis shoes meaning the prices go way up.

Everybody laughs at me because I usually won't buy anything unless it's on sale or clearance. Hey, I gotta save my money for Disney!

And, John's brother and his family (they live in Mississippi) came in to visit yesterday. They were here until really late so we slept in and skipped church today. They were having baby christening today and we go to a big church so I think there were over a dozen babies to christen meaning there would be no real sermon today anyway.

I do hope to get the Epcot day posted today. I know I'll be sad posting that day because most of my Epcot pictures were lost. Oh well, I'll still be able to tell you all about it.

Lisa

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-09-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #56
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Woo-Hoo for Disney shopping!

GREAT pictures of your room at CBR! I am always so excited to get there that I don't get good room pics.

Epcot is my FAVORITE!! Can't wait for that update!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #58
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Woo-Hoo for Disney shopping!

GREAT pictures of your room at CBR! I am always so excited to get there that I don't get good room pics.

Epcot is my FAVORITE!! Can't wait for that update!
I know, you just gotta love shopping for Disney. Lacey once said it was "so much more funner than just regular shopping". Gotta love that kid's vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I shop that way too.
It's the only way to shop in my opinion!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #59
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

I'm here, as promised!

Great start

May I ask what days you were there? Seems like it was around when I was there!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #60
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks730 View Post
I'm here, as promised!

Great start

May I ask what days you were there? Seems like it was around when I was there!
Welcome aboard!

August 9th through the 14th, 2008 were our travel dates. (or we may have checked out on the 15th)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: