Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #31
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Sunday is better than Saturday but not much. If the Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day is in there somewhere), it can be just as bad as Saturday. The absolute best times to go are Monday - Thursday.
Columbus Day falls on Monday Oct. 12th this year.
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #32
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

We will be there the first week as well- but we'll be in Vero Beach for the weekend, so don't arrive in WDW until Sunday afternoon. That Monday is a holiday- it's Yom Kippur. Here in NJ, in some towns the schools are closed, but don't know if it means the same elsewhere as it seems to be a regional closure.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

Eat to the Beat

How early should you get to the Eat to the Beat concerts to get a good seat?

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #34
hmgray95
DIS Veteran

I'm in as well....DH & I are ditching the kids and heading to the F&W fest! Looks like it will be Taylor Dayne and Boyz II Men while we're there.....all, it's like senior year of high school all over again!
hmgray95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #35
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Any idea what time the concerts start? Esp Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on 9/25 - 9/27.
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #36
copperbrick
DIS Veteran

Any tips for a Food & Wine Festival newbie?

My husband and I will be in WDW October 2 - 11. This will be our first time attending the Food and Wine Festival. We're excited!

Any tips for baby-boomer first-timers?

Thanks much.
WDW 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge (youngest DD and me)
Oct. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge: DH and me
Coming Coming Sept/Oct. 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 bedroom villa, family of 5 adults

DINING: GLUTEN-FREE FOR ME

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/imfhxpxtz4pw3vu7.png[/img]
copperbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #37
LydiaAch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
Any idea what time the concerts start? Esp Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on 9/25 - 9/27.
Let me know when you find out! We'll be there too!

LydiaAch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbrick View Post
My husband and I will be in WDW October 2 - 11. This will be our first time attending the Food and Wine Festival. We're excited!

Thanks much.
If you're going to graze around World Showcase for the food tastings, I suggest doing it on weekdays, as weekends are more crowded. And it helps to share the food with another person, in order to purchase as many samples as you can without hitting the wall.

There's a Festival Guide for the kiosks available near the park entrances and the festival merchandise locations. It not only lists the kiosks, it will also show the times and locations for each food and wine demo.

As we hear more info about the pay-to-attend events, I'm sure that will be posted in this thread.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #39
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbrick View Post

Thanks much.
Hello! 1st time -so exciting!
Pay attention to this thread! A LOT of tips and great ideas run around. When you arrive get a festival broacher - it has the full schedule of daily FREE wine and food classes. Show up to FREE classes 1/2 hour early week days and 45 min early on the weekends - ( don't worry you are inside out of the heat and can grab a glass of wine or sparkling at the festival bar while you wait and chat up some nice people) The week days are better to show of course because nights on the weekends can get crazy. If you are up for a big ticket event - we love PArty for the Senses. It's an all you can eat and drink party with some really wonderful food and drinks. I and others have posted reviews from festivals past. Look them up and you can see what your in for. Mostly have a good time!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
If you're going to graze around World Showcase for the food tastings, I suggest doing it on weekdays, as weekends are more crowded. And it helps to share the food with another person, in order to purchase as many samples as you can without hitting the wall.

There's a Festival Guide for the kiosks available near the park entrances and the festival merchandise locations. It not only lists the kiosks, it will also show the times and locations for each food and wine demo.

As we hear more info about the pay-to-attend events, I'm sure that will be posted in this thread.
and check out BriarRosie reviews from the fest! They are some of our Favs!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #41
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Last year they did not have any free food seminars on Mondays or Tuesdays. (They did have wine seminars though). The festival center where the seminars were held was located at The Pavilion Formerly Known As The Wonders Of Life - a long way from the World Showcase where the kiosks are where you can buy food and wine samples. That made it a little difficult to plan both in one day. If you have one day where you want to attend some free food seminars AND hit the booths, until the schedule is actually known it may be best not to plan your one day at the Festival for a Monday or Tuesday. Wednesdays and Thursdays featured both shorter weekday lines at WS kiosks and free food seminars at TPFKATWOL.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #42
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

This is my third F&WF but I have never done any of the hard ticket events. Do you think the hard ticket events like Party for the Senses & Sweet Sundays are worth it if you don't drink alcohol. My dad is an alcoholic so out of respect for him, I won't drink in his presence & he will be with me on this trip, as I think food has now filled his alcohol addiction. I don't want to waste money and/or feel like I'm out of place not having a glass of wine.

Thanks guys!

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #43
kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
This is my third F&WF but I have never done any of the hard ticket events. Do you think the hard ticket events like Party for the Senses & Sweet Sundays are worth it if you don't drink alcohol. My dad is an alcoholic so out of respect for him, I won't drink in his presence & he will be with me on this trip, as I think food has now filled his alcohol addiction. I don't want to waste money and/or feel like I'm out of place not having a glass of wine.

Thanks guys!
Hi MissMet! It's a hard call .. My husband and I think it's a great queston!
I think the food is great most of the time at PFTS but it is $135.00 per person and for that you could have a sit down meal at Victoria and Alberts. So it's up to you if you like a party type situation or a sit down private situation with this one. I have not done Sweet Sundays but I have read reviews and it seems like it's more about the food but maybe someone will pipe in that had been! Hope we helped a little!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #44
slk537
Sigh...other than WDW, if I could actually live anywhere else, it would be at our SuperTarget
I can't sleep with the tag on top
I guess I have comforter issues!

I'm excited to find this thread! Back when DH and I used to go to WDW for our October anniversary, F&W was only in later Oct/Nov. This is the first F&W for us and we are really excited!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #45
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Hi MissMet! It's a hard call .. My husband and I think it's a great queston!
I think the food is great most of the time at PFTS but it is $135.00 per person and for that you could have a sit down meal at Victoria and Alberts. So it's up to you if you like a party type situation or a sit down private situation with this one. I have not done Sweet Sundays but I have read reviews and it seems like it's more about the food but maybe someone will pipe in that had been! Hope we helped a little!
Thank you very much for such a fast response. Your response really helped! Thank you. I thought it probably wouldn't be the best idea but I always feel like I'm missing out.

Thanks.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: