Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #77
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
So, as you all (I think) know, today was Lou & my 2-year anniversary, and it was loads of fun!

I gave him the shirts and card, which he loved. He decided to wear the Jack Shirt today, which fit, which I was glad about.

We then had a breakfast of PopTarts & waffles, and after that, headed into Boston to see Up in 3D. Lou had passes from Christmas that he wanted to use, until we saw online that it didn't take passes. I was sure it was a different type of pass though, but he didn't think so. We brought them anyway, and guess what? I was right! I knew it. He was very surprised:

It was amazing, and we both loved it in 3D (it only ended up costing us 6$, because of a surcharge for 3D movies, which is 1/4 of what it would have cost us).

This is what we thought of it:

After that, we headed back to his house (we walked from the train station, because it was a gorgeous day...and then it started raining), he played me the song he wrote (which was very nice, so he's sending me a copy of the lyrics as soon as my email stops being down).

Then we went to the Texas Roadhouse!!! This is where my camera died... so I don't have photos of the food, but it was great! We were both stuffed afterwards. So we played some Mario Party and then I went home, to find out that my parents had booked a cruise for next August, 2010, for their 25th anniversary!

We're staying at POR for 7 days, and then YC for 4, and then going on the Wonder for 4! I'm sooo excited! Except I had to break it to my mom that she needed to call about POR, because the woman on the phone said we could stay on the Mansion side, but I know that only the Bayou has 5 person rooms, and we have 5 people in our family. My mom didn't believe me, but I knowwwww.

the almighty DISboards where I learned that...

I'm pumped! It will be so fun. Now I'm going to go read Navigators from past cruises to learn about what we can do on the ship.
It look s like you 2 had a great time! I love texasroadhouse! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so cool about the long trip/cruise! Well like I said on the other thread! I almost had my sis talked into Disney until we found the awesome rates at Carnival! We are going on a 4 day cruise to the bahamas in June 2010! Then the family don't know yet so I have to type quick before my nosey 10yr old comes and looks over my shoulder! He's the only one I have to watch out for when I'm on DIS he's to interested! I didn't even tell DH yet! But I rented points from a DVC member on the DVc rent/trade board and we are going back to Disney and staying at AKV in Kidani Village from 11/30-12/4/09! It's going to be their early christmas gift! SHHH!!!!! I don't know when I'm going to tell them maybe before we leave! I'll have to tell DH soon so he can get it off! ruins the surpise! But we are going to drive this time so we can do universal also!! I'm excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #78
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Hey there

HI! Just dropping in to say hi! If AK works for Tammy / ONETREEHILLADDICT that works for me I'm flexible it doesn't really matter! I forgot about that being EMH night there! Maybe we'll do Rainforest at AK that night! Yay! I never did that one always did the DTD one!!! I think i'll get me a ressie there!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #79
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! Just dropping in to say hi! If AK works for Tammy / ONETREEHILLADDICT that works for me I'm flexible it doesn't really matter! I forgot about that being EMH night there! Maybe we'll do Rainforest at AK that night! Yay! I never did that one always did the DTD one!!! I think i'll get me a ressie there!
Oh, I totally forgot about AK evening hours on Saturday! Do we want to do Beaches & Creme and AK? Or just AK/B&C? Or do we all want to trade cell phone numbers when it gets closer, and then depending on what happens with Lou and Disneyquilter (since she has a 7:05 ADR) determine from there?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #80
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I totally forgot about AK evening hours on Saturday! Do we want to do Beaches & Creme and AK? Or just AK/B&C? Or do we all want to trade cell phone numbers when it gets closer, and then depending on what happens with Lou and Disneyquilter (since she has a 7:05 ADR) determine from there?
Probably just Ak since it's til 10pm but I'm game for the majority vote! I'll Pm you my cell and I have texting too!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #81
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
It look s like you 2 had a great time! I love texasroadhouse! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so cool about the long trip/cruise! Well like I said on the other thread! I almost had my sis talked into Disney until we found the awesome rates at Carnival! We are going on a 4 day cruise to the bahamas in June 2010! Then the family don't know yet so I have to type quick before my nosey 10yr old comes and looks over my shoulder! He's the only one I have to watch out for when I'm on DIS he's to interested! I didn't even tell DH yet! But I rented points from a DVC member on the DVc rent/trade board and we are going back to Disney and staying at AKV in Kidani Village from 11/30-12/4/09! It's going to be their early christmas gift! SHHH!!!!! I don't know when I'm going to tell them maybe before we leave! I'll have to tell DH soon so he can get it off! ruins the surpise! But we are going to drive this time so we can do universal also!! I'm excited!
I swore I replied to this, but I guess it didn't go through...

That's so cool that you're doing a cruise to the Bahamas too! I've never been, but it looks awesome. No matter what, it's still a cruise, right? Soooo much food!

And the surprise trip to AKL Villas sounds awesome too! You have to tell me how they are after you get back, they looked amazing, and I'd love to rent points and go.... maybe in a few years.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #82
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Just in case you miss it on the other thread...you guys are welcome to join us for the Safari GG if you'd like. It's probably sold out but I have two seats that won't be filled. My sister and her friend have a different date now and wont be there on the 27th. I'd have to change them to your name and info....it's gonna be F U N ! ! !
Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #83
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I was reading back through you PTR...you have to show us the Axl pics.

I love the shirts you made...those are really cute. Those envelopes are fun too but I do not allow those people in my room! EVER! Pop is the best value. I've stayed all over and it's one of my favorites!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #84
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Just in case you miss it on the other thread...you guys are welcome to join us for the Safari GG if you'd like. It's probably sold out but I have two seats that won't be filled. My sister and her friend have a different date now and wont be there on the 27th. I'd have to change them to your name and info....it's gonna be F U N ! ! !
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I was reading back through you PTR...you have to show us the Axl pics.

I love the shirts you made...those are really cute. Those envelopes are fun too but I do not allow those people in my room! EVER! Pop is the best value. I've stayed all over and it's one of my favorites!
Awww, I wish I could... but that's the night we're doing Fantasmic, and we don't have two extra TS credits.. Darn my planning to use every single one!

As a consolation (or at least something for you to laugh at), here are the Axl pictures.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #85
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww, I wish I could... but that's the night we're doing Fantasmic, and we don't have two extra TS credits.. Darn my planning to use every single one!

As a consolation (or at least something for you to laugh at), here are the Axl pictures.

They are Great! That's ashame you can't do the safari it will be a blast!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #86
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So today was a gorgeous day up here, and my family decided to visit Lou at work. He got us all free tickets onto the boat (saving us over 100$ - )
and we had an awesome time!

We all got SOAKED too - we sat in the back, in the "Wet Zone"... Here's the family before:

Here's Lou working:

Here's pictures after the soaking:

I thought this was a really cute picture of my brother and Lou:

And here's one of everyone:

Here's the boat:

And here's the scrapbook version that I made of it:
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #87
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Looks like you all had a great time! That's nice that Lou got you all on!!! Way to go Lou!!

I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom on the night of the 29th at 6:45pm! never eaten in that one before! I wanted Planet Hollywood but their earliest available was 8:45pm! That's too late for my crew!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #88
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Great pictures!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #89
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I saw you in the free dining thread... your signature line quote caught my attention - my daughter has autism - and it brought a smile to my face.

You've spurred me into making my own pre-trip report for August, my family is staying at the Pop one week before you, August 15th to the 25th.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #90
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I saw you in the free dining thread... your signature line quote caught my attention - my daughter has autism - and it brought a smile to my face.

You've spurred me into making my own pre-trip report for August, my family is staying at the Pop one week before you, August 15th to the 25th.
Aww, I'm glad you smiled - it makes most people cry! Did I mention my brother has autism? I forget.... but yes, that's why I have the quote in my signature.

I'm glad you're making a pre-trip report, I'll read it! Just send a link my way and I'll hop onboard! Only 2 more months for you!!!

NEE - Thank you! The great thing is that for once, I'm actually in the photos!!!! (Can't wait for Photopass...)

Goofy- I'm glad you were able to get an ADR - did you just make it, or did you make it 90 days out? The one Coral Reef reservation I have is for 8:45, which is going to be a pain... but I'm a little worried, because it says that the Coral Reef's hours are only until 8 or 8:30..... I hope our reservation is okay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: