Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
raph_b
Proud Redhead

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 9 - MGM Studios, Blizzard Beach & Burger overload!

So it's taken me longer than even I had anticipated to get this next installment up - so chances are most of you will have forgotten who I am, in which case here's a little reminder:

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 1 - It Starts

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 2 - Adventures in Epcot

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 3 - IOA, Aquatica & Lots of steak!

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 4 -Sea World Saturday and Chicken N' Wine

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 5 - AK, Narcoossee's & DTD

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 6.1 - The Day

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 6.2 - The Evening

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 7 - A Universal Hangover & Roy's

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 8 - African Wednesday - Busch Gardens & Jiko

Day 9 - MGM Studios, Blizzard Beach & Burger Overload!

So today’s first stop was MGM Studios (I’m sorry, but I just can’t call MGM Studios ‘Hollywood studios’ it just doesn’t sound right!) The regular readers will know that Em’s only previous Disney experience was a day trip to Disneyland Paris about 3 years ago. Her favourite park that day was the Studios so she was looking forward to today, and me, being just a tiny bit of a Star Wars geek , was also a just little bit excited

Today was absolutely boiling! There wasn’t a cloud in the sky and it was already in the 90’s by the time we arrived. We got there about 30 minutes after opening

So cheesy!!

Having never been on the Tower of Terror (and it was being built when we were in Paris) before but hearing so much about it, we headed straight for it, naively thinking that the reports of hour long queues for Toy Story Mania wouldn’t happen today as all the parks were had been so quiet this week......

TOT is amazing, I absolutely loved it! The theming of the whole thing is a perfect example of the attention to detail which sets Disney apart. Its so atmospheric and it really does look like it could be an abandoned hotel.

Although I was really looking forward to this ride, I also hate heights and I especially hate rides that consist of taking you up high and then dropping you down, yep, I’m a living contradiction!

When the lights went all dark I was absolutely bricking it! Let’s just say Em is lucky her hand didn’t suffer any crushed bones!

Although I was scared - check out Em's face!

After the initial drop my fears were slightly wiped out and it was a really enjoyable ride – definitely one of my favourites

Next up was Em’s favourite ride from Paris, the Rock and Roller Coaster. Again, I love all the theming in the queue and the cheesy Aerosmith pre ride video

I cant remember much about the Paris ride apart from the fact I absolutely loved it, and I absolutely loved this ride too! It’s so much fun and is definitely a contender for my favourite Orlando ride

We got a few cheesy photopass pics taken outside

Then we walked (well I was half running and dragging Em along like an excited 5 year old) over to Star Tours.......And it was just as amazing as I remember from when I was 9!

Me and the At-At Walker

The ride was good fun and on the way out we came out into the gift shop – although Em, for some strange reason, didn’t want me to buy a Boba Fett helmet. Weird huh?

There was time for a quick landspeeder picture (its always a bit embarrassing when your queuing up alongside a bunch of 7 year olds!)

We decided to try Toy Story next, and thought if the queue was any longer than 15 mins then we’d just get a fast pass for later – well the queue was 70 minutes and all fastpasses had already gone!

I really couldn’t believe it, we hadn’t waited more than 10 minutes for anything all week and now we not only reached double figures but were approaching triple figures!
Feb 1999 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge (4 nights)
May 2007 - DLRP - Daytrip
Sep 2008 - WDW - Offsite (2 weeks)
Mar 2009 - DLRP - Hotel New York (3 nights)
Nov 2009 - DLHK - Daytrip
Sep 2010 - WDW - Last trip before its time to have babies!

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!
raph_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: